It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$75 TRILLION (!!!) justify OWS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Let's talk about awareness more people watch American Idol than pay attention to the ramblings of OWS.

Which goes to show how bad the situation really is...talking about being dumbed down.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The problem is Mr xyz, if you give partial info that can be discredited that the rest of the info is suspect. I refer to of course, As of today---the announcement reads all personnel out of Iraq by the end of this year. How did (we) just find out otherwise? Part of your diatribe, not mine.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Blah blah blah - I'm really angry! Blah blah blah - Power to the People! Blah blah blah - The rich are evil! Blah blah blah - Wake up America! Can't you see how angry I am? I'm mad as hell and I am just going to protest it because that is all I can do! I am helpless but I am the means of production! Blah blah blah - I wish there were solutions but all we can do is protest - Blah blah blah. Hey, at least I'm doing something about it blah blah blah. I don't know what the answer is, that is up to those evil rich people, my job is to protest so blah blah blah...

This is priceless, The tube show exactly how the Banks are stealing from us.. and you get on hear on complain about you don't like how the victim's our complaining.. WOW this is priceless... Ya you never mentioned how these Victims solution's is to repeal Glass-Steagall.. And get the money out of politics.. So our representatives are not bought and paid for by these banks... Dude please!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by MrXYZ

The problem is Mr xyz, if you give partial info that can be discredited that the rest of the info is suspect. I refer to of course, As of today---the announcement reads all personnel out of Iraq by the end of this year. How did (we) just find out otherwise? Part of your diatribe, not mine.

Sure, I'll believe that when I see it. It's more like, "Iran is a much better target to move the war effort to, so let's pull our resources out of Iraq to focus on a different country to burn to the ground and pay Halliburton billions to rebuild." I wonder if we are going to stop pumping billions into the embassy in Iraq that is almost as big and expensive as the #ing Vatican? I doubt it. We will have military forces there for as long as our (crumbling) economy can support it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Blah blah blah - I'm really angry! Blah blah blah - Power to the People! Blah blah blah - The rich are evil! Blah blah blah - Wake up America! Can't you see how angry I am? I'm mad as hell and I am just going to protest it because that is all I can do! I am helpless but I am the means of production! Blah blah blah - I wish there were solutions but all we can do is protest - Blah blah blah. Hey, at least I'm doing something about it blah blah blah. I don't know what the answer is, that is up to those evil rich people, my job is to protest so blah blah blah...

Their job is to raise awareness, and they're pretty clear in their demands. Your post is a prime example of why they need to keep it up, there's still some who don't get it, even though there's a $75 trillion damocles sword hanging over their heads

Long before there was a so called "Occupy" movement, there were, as there still are, individuals doing what they must to extricate themselves from a system that is strangling most people. Such an endeavor can be quite daunting for many people, and yet they do it anyway. They just quietly engage in non acquiescence. They don't point their stubby little fingers at a street in New York and whine like children, they do something about it. Hell, Q1984 offered you some solutions in this very thread and you took no time at all in dismissing his suggestions as unsustainable, and used fallacy to do so.

Your pretentious peacock posturing isn't going to do a damn thing for this nation, or the world, all it will do is give you a smug sense of satisfaction as if you stole a pie, stuck in your thumb and pulled out a plum and declared; Look, what a good boy am I?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

"DURR I DONT KNOW WHAT OWS WANTS, THEYR DUMB"

Well why don't you simply do some research and find out instead of just listening to the bought media telling you what they want you to hear? Their demands are pretty clear; In a nutshell they are: End the Fed and end corporate lobbying of elected officials as a start to removing the greed and corruption from politics.

Wrong...........

People are doing research into it. Thats why there isnt 20 freekin million people at these OWS rally's ! NO ONE is buying it. Tell me,why isnt there 20 million,50 million ANGRY people showing up to these?

I wait patently for a response.

Simple, go take a look at the editorial cartoon that was posted. THATS WHY.

People are inclined to believe the Mass Media. If they say the OWS protesters are a bunch of hippies without jobs or degrees trying to leech off the government, then everyone who watches that broadcast regurgitate that filthy lie everytime they talk about OWS because they ASSUME the mass media checks their facts and dont have an agenda.

If you think you can wake up 20Million people something like that faster than OWS while the major news sources in the country ignore you at first and then start lying about you when they do actually do a piece on you, then please go right ahead. I wait patiently for 20 Million people preaching your rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

"DURR I DONT KNOW WHAT OWS WANTS, THEYR DUMB"

Well why don't you simply do some research and find out instead of just listening to the bought media telling you what they want you to hear? Their demands are pretty clear; In a nutshell they are: End the Fed and end corporate lobbying of elected officials as a start to removing the greed and corruption from politics.

Wrong...........

People are doing research into it. Thats why there isnt 20 freekin million people at these OWS rally's ! NO ONE is buying it. Tell me,why isnt there 20 million,50 million ANGRY people showing up to these?

I wait patently for a response.

There's not that many yet because there's an obvious lack of knowledge...your posts are a great example of that. You are essentially ignoring $75 trillion dollars

First of all, no one's against profits or companies. But those profits shouldn't be made at the expense of citizens, their tax payer money and SAVINGS (!!!!) shouldn't be gambled (Wall Street) with or wasted (wars).

You can't look at people with a straight face and tell them it's ok that a single Wall Street company alone uses citizens' savings as collaterale for gambling used to pay crazy boni. Are you seriously ok with losing your savings if those banks go bust? Really?

Really? Im not ignoring anything actually. I see a protest,that has 3000 squatters in NY. Counted. Thats not a movement..

Second,75 trillion? How much money,in the past 100 years,has Governments wasted? Can you look that up for me? Hell,Medicare fraud is at 50 million a day. Should I protest people on Medicare,that abuse it? People in America believe that for every dollar the Government has,50% goes to waste.I am sure its really close to that,if not more. See,its AMERICANS that are Angry. Just look at what Congress approval is at,Hell,the Presidents. 75 trillion.....Again,where are the 20 million OWS supporters? Where are they? Waiting for more info? No. They dont Buy this protest,And wont.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1

This is priceless, The tube show exactly how the Banks are stealing from us.. and you get on hear on complain about you don't like how the victim's our complaining.. WOW this is priceless... Ya you never mentioned how these Victims solution's is to repeal Glass-Steagall.. And get the money out of politics.. So our representatives are not bought and paid for by these banks... Dude please!!!!

Long before "the tube" showed ignoramuses like you what the banks were doing, there were educated people fully aware of the problem and refusing to do business with banks. Keep watching "the tube" little protestor, if this is your method of education, you have much watching to do.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If you think you can wake up 20Million people something like that faster than OWS while the major news sources in the country ignore you at first and then start lying about you when they do actually do a piece on you, then please go right ahead. I wait patiently for 20 Million people preaching your rhetoric.

No rhetoric,Common sense actually. Now its the Media? Excuses excuses................

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by MrXYZ

Let's wait and see how many troops they leave behind as "trainers"

Good if they pull it off...especially if they don't hop into the next pointless war straight away, like...I don't know...IRAN

They just need da new boogyman

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No rhetoric,Common sense actually. Now its the Media? Excuses excuses................
I gave you valid reasons. You call them excuses. THIS is why America is in the crapper. Semantics.

BTW I'm still waiting for that 20 Million people... You gonna round them up or no?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So I guess you're one of the people who would have told Martin Luther King to not bother or to "evade white racists" when he just started out

edit on 21-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I gave you valid reasons. You call them excuses. THIS is why America is in the crapper. Semantics.

BTW I'm still waiting for that 20 Million people... You gonna round them up or no?

Ill wait till you round me up 20 million OWS supporters,and meet with you. Your reasons are not what AMERICA believes in,its obvious BTW.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

So I guess you're one of the people who would have told Martin Luther King to not bother when he just started out

MLK had a plan,OWS,not so much.........

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

So I guess you're one of the people who would have told Martin Luther King to not bother when he just started out

I would have told Dr. King to pay more attention to what Malcolm X was saying and to take note of the distinct and dramatic difference between King's rhetoric on "civil rights" and Malcolm X's profound understanding of unalienable rights and natural law.

Yet, I have no doubt you would have been in his other ear telling him not to bother with that unalienable rights thing, because as far as you are concerned it is unsustainable. Protest is better than action is your mantra.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Their job is to raise awareness, and they're pretty clear in their demands. Your post is a prime example of why they need to keep it up, there's still some who don't get it, even though there's a $75 trillion damocles sword hanging over their heads

Long before there was a so called "Occupy" movement, there were, as there still are, individuals doing what they must to extricate themselves from a system that is strangling most people. Such an endeavor can be quite daunting for many people, and yet they do it anyway. They just quietly engage in non acquiescence. They don't point their stubby little fingers at a street in New York and whine like children, they do something about it. Hell, Q1984 offered you some solutions in this very thread and you took no time at all in dismissing his suggestions as unsustainable, and used fallacy to do so.

Your pretentious peacock posturing isn't going to do a damn thing for this nation, or the world, all it will do is give you a smug sense of satisfaction as if you stole a pie, stuck in your thumb and pulled out a plum and declared; Look, what a good boy am I?

Thank you,
but I really should add that "non-acquiescence", as you put it, is not "daunting". It is the most simple thing in the world. It is in fact non-action. All it requires is a little thought and the same amount, if not less effort on our part. The daunting part is getting other people to exercise their minds a little. I can get "the smug sense of satisfaction" from my actions (or lack thereof) though, even if I can't get enough people to join me to truly make a difference, at least I know that I am not supporting socioeconomic structures that I disagree with.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1

Man I hope somebody is paying to post this stuff,, Cause if there not.. Well I follow the rules and just say WOW, LMAO you have been owned enough I won't pile on..

Long before "the tube" showed ignoramuses like you what the banks were doing, there were educated people fully aware of the problem and refusing to do business with banks. Keep watching "the tube" little protestor, if this is your method of education, you have much watching to do.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Thank you, but I really should add that "non-acquiescence", as you put it, is not "daunting". It is the most simple thing in the world. It is in fact non-action. All it requires is a little thought and the same amount, if not less effort on our part. The daunting part is getting other people to exercise their minds a little. I can get "the smug sense of satisfaction" from my actions (or lack thereof) though, even if I can't get enough people to join me to truly make a difference, at least I know that I am not supporting socioeconomic structures that I disagree with.

I am pleased to hear your experience with non acquiescence and pulling out of the banking system has not been daunting to you. I, on the other hand, have a hell of a time fighting with my clients to pay me in cash only. Not all, but many just don't understand my refusal to go along with the banking system, or any peripheral system like PayPal. I lose clients because of this. I lose prospective clients because of this. Banking, in some ways would make my life simpler...in the short run. It has been daunting, I assure you, but I keep my eye on the prize and keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So now protesting is bad, and the keeping the status quo is good...crazy world we live in

How brainwashed do you have to be to accept that banks are using YOUR MONEY as a guarantee for their risky bets??? To make it perfectly clear: If their bets go wrong, people will LOSE THEIR SAVINGS. This is a FACT, it's not up for debate, this will happen if the bets go wrong...

And even worse, given the bad world economy, slowing growth in Asia, the Eurozone issues, and the fact that investors in Bank of America pretty much requested a better guarantee because they were worried about getting their money back, it's pretty clear we're screwed unless something changes. And no, you not buying that iPhone or hiding the money under a matras is NOT a solution

edit on 21-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Thank you, but I really should add that "non-acquiescence", as you put it, is not "daunting". It is the most simple thing in the world. It is in fact non-action. All it requires is a little thought and the same amount, if not less effort on our part. The daunting part is getting other people to exercise their minds a little. I can get "the smug sense of satisfaction" from my actions (or lack thereof) though, even if I can't get enough people to join me to truly make a difference, at least I know that I am not supporting socioeconomic structures that I disagree with.

I am pleased to hear your experience with non acquiescence and pulling out of the banking system has not been daunting to you. I, on the other hand, have a hell of a time fighting with my clients to pay me in cash only. Not all, but many just don't understand my refusal to go along with the banking system, or any peripheral system like PayPal. I lose clients because of this. I lose prospective clients because of this. Banking, in some ways would make my life simpler...in the short run. It has been daunting, I assure you, but I keep my eye on the prize and keep fighting the good fight.

Silly argument, not everyone works in a job that can easily be paid in cash. Not only because you can't store it well, but also because your client can't either. Every project I work on brings in between $150,000 to around $5m. So tell me dear Sir, how hard will my clients laugh if I ask them to pay me my $2.5m in cash?

Please, start using some common sense!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join