It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$75 TRILLION (!!!) justify OWS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

Man I hope somebody is paying to post this stuff,, Cause if there not.. Well I follow the rules and just say WOW, LMAO you have been owned enough I won't pile on..

Man, I'll tell you what; it would be a crime against grammar and communication if anyone was paying you to post. That "tube" hasn't been so helpful in teaching you writing skills has it? Maybe if you wrote your post in the form of a sitcom teleplay it might come off as more erudite. I doubt it, but hey, Married with Children was adored by many, so keep on keeping on.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Silly argument, not everyone works in a job that can easily be paid in cash. Not only because you can't store it well, but also because your client can't either. Every project I work on brings in between $150,000 to around $5m. So tell me dear Sir, how hard will my clients laugh if I ask them to pay me my $2.5m in cash? Please, start using some common sense!

More helplessness offered up from the O.P. who had to take off his shoes and socks so he could use both fingers and toes to count up to $75 trillion.

You claim it is a lack of "common sense" to get paid in cash, but just what the hell are you getting paid in, bran muffins? If you get a check for $2.5 million and that check is good (enough to cover the amount in the signers account) then the banks are required to honor that check, that is the deal with checks, genius.

This is how ridiculously stupid these protestors are being. They want everyone to "wake up" to the evils of the banking system and then turn right around and defend it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Thank you, but I really should add that "non-acquiescence", as you put it, is not "daunting". It is the most simple thing in the world. It is in fact non-action. All it requires is a little thought and the same amount, if not less effort on our part. The daunting part is getting other people to exercise their minds a little. I can get "the smug sense of satisfaction" from my actions (or lack thereof) though, even if I can't get enough people to join me to truly make a difference, at least I know that I am not supporting socioeconomic structures that I disagree with.

I am pleased to hear your experience with non acquiescence and pulling out of the banking system has not been daunting to you. I, on the other hand, have a hell of a time fighting with my clients to pay me in cash only. Not all, but many just don't understand my refusal to go along with the banking system, or any peripheral system like PayPal. I lose clients because of this. I lose prospective clients because of this. Banking, in some ways would make my life simpler...in the short run. It has been daunting, I assure you, but I keep my eye on the prize and keep fighting the good fight.

To remove your support from (for profit) banks that only care about their bottom line, you could instead perform your transactions through a (not-for-profit) credit union that supports socioeconomic causes that you agree with. That way, you could have the convenience of "bank" transactions, without supporting (most) of the inherent evils in our modern money mechanics. Of course, you will still have to deal with the fact that you would be supporting inflation based on the fact that even credit unions use the fractional reserve system to generate loans out of thin air. A bit of a compromise with a large pay-off, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Man I hope somebody is paying to post this stuff,, Cause if there not.. Well I follow the rules and just say WOW, LMAO you have been owned enough I won't pile on..

Man, I'll tell you what; it would be a crime against grammar and communication if anyone was paying you to post. That "tube" hasn't been so helpful in teaching you writing skills has it? Maybe if you wrote your post in the form of a sitcom teleplay it might come off as more erudite. I doubt it, but hey, Married with Children was adored by many, so keep on keeping on.

Glad you have a sense of humor,, you do have that going for you, I'll work on constructing my sentences better when I get paid to like you.. Like I said before, no one would post stuff like you did in this post if they were not getting paid..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

To remove your support from (for profit) banks that only care about their bottom line, you could instead perform your transactions through a (not-for-profit) credit union that supports socioeconomic causes that you agree with. That way, you could have the convenience of "bank" transactions, without supporting (most) of the inherent evils in our modern money mechanics. Of course, you will still have to deal with the fact that you would be supporting inflation based on the fact that even credit unions use the fractional reserve system to generate loans out of thin air. A bit of a compromise with a large pay-off, in my opinion.

Here is the problem with compromise:

When the federal Constitution was being drafted, the Southern states had a big issue with apportionment being a method to elect to Representative to Congress. Thus, a compromise was drafted that allowed slaveholders to count their slaves as "three-fifths" of a person. This compromise was crafted to stave off the inevitable: war between the South and the North over slavery. It didn't accomplish anything other than leave a huge ink stain on the Constitution and give plenty of fodder today for those who like to argue against unalienable and natural rights.

Compromise is when no one gets what they want in a stupid attempt to make everyone happy.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So now protesting is bad, and the keeping the status quo is good...crazy world we live in

How brainwashed do you have to be to accept that banks are using YOUR MONEY as a guarantee for their risky bets??? To make it perfectly clear: If their bets go wrong, people will LOSE THEIR SAVINGS. This is a FACT, it's not up for debate, this will happen if the bets go wrong...

And even worse, given the bad world economy, slowing growth in Asia, the Eurozone issues, and the fact that investors in Bank of America pretty much requested a better guarantee because they were worried about getting their money back, it's pretty clear we're screwed unless something changes. And no, you not buying that iPhone or hiding the money under a matras is NOT a solution

edit on 21-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Protesting is good,I dont think ANYONE can say it isnt. If you have no purpose though,and its a bunch of people protesting bankers,while they continue to PAY bankers wages,by using and buying iPhones,buying Guy Fawkes masks,and supporting big Business like Time Warner,using the internet,and Facebook,helping Mark Zuckerberg amass his even bigger fortune,all on the backs of South East Asian workers,who are worked to death........

Yeah,I can clearly say that OWS has no understanding on who to really protest. WHY? Cause they are part of the problem. That old saying of pointing the finger,three pointing back at you,comes to mind.Thats not counting NO real message,except we are angry at Bankers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Glad you have a sense of humor,, you do have that going for you, I'll work on constructing my sentences better when I get paid to like you.. Like I said before, no one would post stuff like you did in this post if they were not getting paid..

Now that sentence was much better. What happened, did someone pay you?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1

You may wish to read through people's past posts before you make such a childish accusation of them being a paid government plant. Jean Paul Zodeaux has been obviously and consistently a defender of the maxim of ATS to "deny ignorance".

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Here is the problem with compromise:

When the federal Constitution was being drafted, the Southern states had a big issue with apportionment being a method to elect to Representative to Congress. Thus, a compromise was drafted that allowed slaveholders to count their slaves as "three-fifths" of a person. This compromise was crafted to stave off the inevitable: war between the South and the North over slavery. It didn't accomplish anything other than leave a huge ink stain on the Constitution and give plenty of fodder today for those who like to argue against unalienable and natural rights.

Compromise is when no one gets what they want in a stupid attempt to make everyone happy.

Eloquently put my friend. You must have been a theater major to gain an ability to write in such a way.

Personally, I don't make that compromise, and have had no trouble in getting clients to pay me in cash when I worked for myself. I was simply stating that there is a lesser of two evils, for those of us who find non-acquiescence too daunting to choose. At least it is a step in the right direction. I can say for certain that it is much easier to convince people to choose to put their money into credit unions than to go all cash. I've convinced many of the former, and none of the latter as far as I know.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: I know the difference between "too" and "to" but that wasn't reflected in my post.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by MrXYZ

The problem is Mr xyz, if you give partial info that can be discredited that the rest of the info is suspect. I refer to of course, As of today---the announcement reads all personnel out of Iraq by the end of this year. How did (we) just find out otherwise? Part of your diatribe, not mine.

Let's wait and see how many troops they leave behind as "trainers"

Good if they pull it off...especially if they don't hop into the next pointless war straight away, like...I don't know...IRAN

They just need da new boogyman

It's was also stated that there will be no trainers from the military. The only military in Iraq will be Embassy personnell who will have a limited diplomatic status.

One of the main reasons we are pulling out is because the Iraqis refused to sign a SOFA (Status of Forces)agreement. The Pentagon would never assign so many Service members to a place that is constrained to Sharia law. That was a major point of contention.

You will however probably see contractors.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I am glad you responded to that because I was thinking; I do not want to minimize the efforts many people are making by pulling out of banks and putting their money in credit unions. I think this is a good strong action. I am probably just being theatrical about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I know what they are angry about, but they are targeting Capitalism. There are too many communist and nazi sympathizers on the ground there for me to support them.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And no, you not buying that iPhone or hiding the money under a matras is NOT a solution

edit on 21-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Your oversimplification of my solution aside, I think you are missing my point. Government doesn't pay attention to protesters, corporations don't feel anything for the concerns of citizens, they laugh at them. Governments and corporations pay attention to one thing, and one thing only, MONEY. Hit them where it hurts, in their wallets. Not buying that Iphone (if you disagree with Apple's proprietary practices for example) will do far more than yelling about it to people that have been conditioned to be very good at tuning out.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by MrXYZ

If those OWS people actually want to make a difference, they could take all of their money out of the banks they claim to despise. They could stop paying their taxes to a government that subsidizes the evil practices of said banks. They could stop buying #ing Guy Fawkes masks from God damned Time Warner!

I don't use banks, I've found ways to avoid paying all Federal Income Tax (legally), and I don't buy products from corporations that I disagree with. THAT is the free market in action. They often talk smack about capitalism, but by exercising my abilities as a capitalist, I just accomplished more by my simple inaction, than they do by camping out in the cold and chanting 'til their voices crack.

They are doing that actually. There is a concerted effort on their part to close their accounts on Nov 5. They may also be trying to create a run on the banks, leading to a panic, which would collapse the banking system and the economy.
With George Soros at the helm, would we expect anything less?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by MrXYZ

If those OWS people actually want to make a difference, they could take all of their money out of the banks they claim to despise. They could stop paying their taxes to a government that subsidizes the evil practices of said banks. They could stop buying #ing Guy Fawkes masks from God damned Time Warner!

I don't use banks, I've found ways to avoid paying all Federal Income Tax (legally), and I don't buy products from corporations that I disagree with. THAT is the free market in action. They often talk smack about capitalism, but by exercising my abilities as a capitalist, I just accomplished more by my simple inaction, than they do by camping out in the cold and chanting 'til their voices crack.

They are doing that actually. There is a concerted effort on their part to close their accounts on Nov 5. They may also be trying to create a run on the banks, leading to a panic, which would collapse the banking system and the economy.
With George Soros at the helm, would we expect anything less?

Cool, I wouldn't mind seeing this corrupt system collapse. It has harmed far too many to continue. The ramifications are terrible, I know, but it will eventually collapse anyway, it's mathematically inevitable. I'd much rather that we stand up with honor and destroy it ourselves with the intention of rebuilding it properly, than to watch it collapse in dumbfounded ignorance, and repeat our mistakes, as we've done throughout history.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well the trouble is called "Globalization." So now you have to deal with Global competitors who don't
have any rules at all. So in order to survive, this is what happens. Total lack of ethics, total lack of morality,
disregard of human rights , unlevel playing fields of sportsmanship,and the flag waving banner of the survival of the fittest.

Hell why not just put MS-13 in Charge, and Throw 500 years(or would that be 2000) years of social, spiritial,
technological, and economic advancement right out the window?

Right now you have a football game going on Without Any Referees. They have run completely off the field and are now playing in the parking lot... and each team has its own ball no less.
Need I mention, they want free eats from your tailgate party as well.
To top it off, they expect you to wipe the Mustard and Ketchup from their cheeks , both front and rear,
with the paper towels that you have paid for. But don't worry, they will give you an autograph on your forclosure.

Anyone want to meet me at McSorleys Alehouse in NYC for a beer sometime, let me know. First round is on me.

S&F

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's critical to understand the math here ...

BAC has made bets leveraged to $75 trillion ... that's 1/4 (by some estimates), of the entire planets available capital. And there's a whole lot more derivatives out there than just this pile.

They cant win this bet.

Let me say that again. THEY CAN'T WIN THIS BET. Because, who's going to pay them? There is so much of this worthless paper out there, we are seeing countries falter. We are already seeing wars over it.

Think of it as a game of musical chairs with 20 people and 4 chairs. It's going to come down to raw muscle as to who gets a chair in this debt standoff. All these players are bullying each other into trying to get the other to pay - there's not enough money in the world for everyone to get paid.

So now you're in this. I'm in this. Where you choose to bank is the bet you make. It's the bet I make. Collapse of this speculative bubble is mathematically certain. Bet wisely and be diversified.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Blah blah blah - I'm really angry! Blah blah blah - Power to the People! Blah blah blah - The rich are evil! Blah blah blah - Wake up America! Can't you see how angry I am? I'm mad as hell and I am just going to protest it because that is all I can do! I am helpless but I am the means of production! Blah blah blah - I wish there were solutions but all we can do is protest - Blah blah blah. Hey, at least I'm doing something about it blah blah blah. I don't know what the answer is, that is up to those evil rich people, my job is to protest so blah blah blah...
Uh huh. I just lost any and all respect I might have had for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

That is an excellent Avatar, forgive me for being off topic folks, but I had to commend
that image.Jimmy always allowed room for the spirits. Very few seemed to notice that crucial fact.

He stiffed me on a show or two as well. "Back problems."

All the same, Smokin Avatar.

Back to topic...
edit on 22-10-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
At least the protesters are bringing awareness to the situation. Sitting in the dark and taking your money out of the bank (alone), isn't going to hurt them. You need a huge portion of the banks clients to remove their money. Which is what OWS helped organize and bring attention to.

Bank Transfer Day = November 5th.

www.cutimes.com...

Several big credit unions and the vendors who supply their technology told Credit Union Times this week they have seen a surge of new memberships that began when Bank of America declared its $5 a month debit fee in late September.

edit on 10/22/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join