It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It is not a media conspiracy. The truth is hard for some of you to swallow but the rest of the USA cares as much about N.Y.C. as you care about us. You may be the center of your own Universe but you are no more interesting than a Mississippi hand fisherman or an episode of COPS set in L.A. We do NOT CARE how your unemployed suido-hippies spend their free time, get over it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

i care, i just don't always agree. but i do care. that many people in such a small living area, seems unhealthy but also has great potential for creativity and socializing.
edit on 30-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the missing secret ingredient is when the leaders stop believing in a higher power (and by higher power, i don't mean bankers or illuminati). if they don't think they are answerable inevitably, they misbehave like the rest of us. they make mistakes. they lie. they steal. they cheat. they exaggerate. etc. when they believe they are answerable to a higher power, they straighten right up and suddenly, you have a much fairer form of government. the mess the world is in, is directly proportionate to the godless world view of the leaders.

WELL GEE WIZZ, YOU'RE ON TO SOMETHING HERE! Our problems CAN be solved by ensuring obedience through fear, I guess our 'godless' world leaders are right after all!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If you look at the Facebook page for Occupy Wall Street, people are posting some very nasty stuff, trying to keep people from really looking into it I suppose. All the more reason to support it. I really believe that this is the tipping point. Like when your riding a roller coaster and you are at the tippy top before the massive drop. Hang on TIGHT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What is happening in America is not a new story to the world or to governments. In time governments become corrupt. As the distribution of wealth becomes uneven the middle class disappears. As the number of poor grow so does social unrest. This is where America stands. The middle class is being eroded amidst growing government corruption. I doubt this gathering will go far but I think it will be a starting point as the masses awake.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

For me after that there is only regret and vomit!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

well since they don't have anyone above them, they think they are in control of everything. see how that works? if not, that's okay. i know people never fear anything other than god.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
here are one of my vids...

I had a few interviews but my camera barely picked up the audio because of the crowd.

Ill be able to post some pics tonight.... maybe another video. Going to see if i can edit/tweak the audio... maybe ill get lucky.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
“Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte (French General, Politician and Emperor (1804-14). 1769-1821)

edit on 30-9-2011 by seedyg because: Esthetics

edit on 30-9-2011 by seedyg because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I can tell you one thing and one thing only...

there were NOT that many people there.

and i swear i have seen this picture before somewhere in a movie... just cant put a name to it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedyg
“Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte (French General, Politician and Emperor (1804-14). 1769-1821)

edit on 30-9-2011 by seedyg because: Esthetics

depends on the religion, wouldn't you say? i mean, if religion is what has caused the most murders and deaths, it can't also be a catalyst for peaceful law abiding behavior.

he was probably talking about christianity in france at his time in history. jesus' teaching about obeying the laws of the land in which you live, kinda influences christian behavior towards leaders. his teaching about not being jealous of those who have riches, also plays a part. in fact, seems to me he taught that great riches can actually be bad for you. solomon would likely agree.

extra DIV

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I can tell you one thing and one thing only...

there were NOT that many people there.

and i swear i have seen this picture before somewhere in a movie... just cant put a name to it.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm trying to place that photo before I show anybody.

There does have to be more than the outlets are reporting though. They say there are a couple hundred people and police have reported over 100 arrests. Are they trying to tell us they've arrested half of the protesters?!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Pay no attention to this man...he has a small....(fill in the blank)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

If our system was capitalism you might have a point.

But alas it is not.

We are under a system of corporatism , in capitalism competition is healthy and needed,

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Disagree...it really depends on your spectrum of viewing of the people on the earth...there are many! And growing! Not only in the political or protester sense, but there is a wave happening...get on board...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thank you for the real-time Vid...it warms my heart...to see so many stand in unison without it being a party or a rock concert, but for real values and our future...I love it!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

that picture imo is false... the crowd didn't stretch that far and wide... the park was packed... but that's about it... plus regular pedestrian traffic (Rush hour)

i still stand with my guestimate of 800-1100ish...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Good points, but about the poisoned food supply. When will the dying finally start?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Possible, but unlikely, this wasn't planned by Wall Street, or the Government or the Elite, they knew it was coming, so they did plan for it, but they didn't plan this specific event. They have their own twisted plans about how to handle a situation like this, I'm sure, and I definitely agree with you that this will not end well.

I have posted elsewhere that I do not believe that this will benefit us in any way shape or form. It is going to hurt us in the end, because there is nothing we can do, the system is too far along the way now. Attempting to repair it will only break it more, it has to be completely destroyed, and buried, and a new system has to be created. Unfortunately the current protestors do not have anywhere near the mental capacity required to truly create a United States or a World that is not completely corrupted such as the system we are using now. In fact, I'm not sure one person/ group of people do, and with how evolved the world has become since the Constitution was written, it will not be possible to fathom the idea of being able to create one document which can establish the basis for how a fair system would function.

The amount of money floating around, and the huge amount of Corporations who would have to be investigated on, and the massive contribution the Government would have to make to truly change the way this country works is not possible, and if it is possible, the chances are so slim, they are almost astronomical.

Not to mention the fact that I don't believe the Government wants to raise an eyebrow towards this little movement. If things get out of hand, they'll bring in the guns, silence who they need to, and make some type of small compromise with the Protestors, and boom, back to where we started.

I commend the people at Wall Street for their efforts, but they need to concentrate on one main idea, or concept, and stick to that, and base everything else off this. The 20+ requests that were made on that list are simply outrageous, what they are asking for is a complete reform, from their own Government, whose clearly shown that they could care less about the well being of their people as much as the bulk of their pockets, and their Economic and Military power over the rest of the world.

The point of America went from a country of Free individuals, who can chase their own beliefs, goals and dreams, and not be stopped or slowed by the people who have sworn to protect them within their Government, to a country where the Government wants to assume complete and total power over the world. I mean hell, if anyone steps on America's pinky toe, you can damn well expect 10,000+ marines to occupy their country and bomb them at will. The rest of the world is scared of America's power, greed, and lack of common sense, and will therefore never step on how America run's itself, or the people within its boundaries.

I'm sure I swayed off topic there, but this topic is very broad, I mean it's everything that we believe in and are fighting for in the World, but who are we fighting? If you don't know your enemy, how can you possibly defeat your enemy...

These Protests are simply blaming Corporate America, and Wall Street, and that is a huge contribution to where we are now, but in all honesty, everyone is to blame, for letting things escalate to where they are now. We've known for years that something fishy is going on, just in general with the Government, it took 9/11 for most people to open their eyes, but even then I believe it was too late.

In the end the Government controls us and has the power, and the Elite control the Governments of the World, if you want to change anything, you have to bring down the Elite, or the Government, or both, or most likely neither.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."-Thomas Jefferson

"No man’s life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session." -Mark Twain

They knew...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
The only people that will oppose these protests are rich people. People always say money doesnt make people bad but the worst of all people have no shortage of money. It is good that they protest but the whole country should protest for the step down of the formal Government and a rewrite of the constitution. We take our country back by storm and force. In a few days these protestors will be called violent and arrested for some trumped up charge. The free in freedom comes with a fee also.

See, this is the kind of thing that puts people against the movement. Perhaps you mean well, but here moving through only the second week of a protest movement you are calling for a rewrite of the Constitution. That isn't what we need. We need for the Constitution to actually be followed and enforced. People see "rewrite the constitution" and the wonder who is really behind this movement. What they REALLY want. Because the 99 percent, we want the Constitution. Why do you want to get rid of a document that seeks in every word to protect the liberties of man and establish law and equality?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join