It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Um, wow.
Second line, more wow.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Tea party take note: This is what a REAL protest looks like, not like the koch brothers corporatist POSER protests. People in defiance of Tyranny. Not people co opted by that tyranny.
edit on 1-10-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

The Tea Party was hijacked…………….No fear, your favorite politician will be tooting his horn in favor of the Occupy if the momentum continues…….

And by election time………You will have thought that it was a GOP idea……

edit on 1-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

There is one problem with that. These crowds dont like the GOP.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I doubt the Liberals in Egypt liked the hardline muslims, yet they are the ones who have taken over from the Liberal protesters who started the movement. Funny how these revolutions can turn out.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
reply to post by jenk1013

so you're okay with communism? that's what taking power from the elite and giving it to the people is all about...

AHAHAHAHA!! Actually it's called "Democracy"....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

The worst thing is I didn't send my kids to Public K-12 because they don't teach well enough. I sacrificed to send them to a private school. an accelerated education program that some colleges prefer this students over public schools because they are motivated to learn and know how to study.

Thank you Sir, for proving my point exactly HERE.

As Mosior would have it, your children GET TO LIVE!!! I'm sure your happy about that. Unfortunately, their playmates are going to be killed off though...

For some, NO AMOUNT of SACRIFICE would be enough to send their children to private school; they could never afford it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul is our only hope...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Therein lies the problem with these "demonstrations". When you have comments where one side is telling the other the side this is how to do it right, the fundamental division is not crossed and it won't succeed. The more I watch these things develop, the more I become utterly convinced the left/right mental trap people have fallen into is the single greatest impediment to success.

A revolution doesn't provide for success for the revolutionaries. It provides a political opening for the imposition of a new order. And historically speaking, those willing to use the most force tend to win.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deathdruid
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul is our only hope...

And that wont happen..I guarantee it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Mainstream media are forced to ignore it, but I guarantee as soon as there is an opportunity to manipulate public opinion against the protest it will be all over every network .. I would watch very carefully as I think there is a high chance the genuine protesters will be infiltrated by trouble makers as part of a plan to destroy public sympathy for their plight.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by flice

Um, wow.
Second line, more wow.

Thank you....

posted again to hopefully ignite some more spirit

What needs to be added is only that we must remove ourselves from a monetary based system, or at least as a transition we need to force big corps to submit to limitation in income and throw excess directly back at the people who made sure they could achieve such wealth.

For one and half century these elitists have taken, taken and taken to the point where there's only imaginary money and debt to be taken. It's time they start paying back...

After that, we as a joint human race need to look into a global society FREE of money completely. We need to realise that ALL resources on this planet does NOT belong to a single person, a single color, a single religion or a single country. EVERYTHING must be devided equally amongst the people of the human race, and any standing in the way of this must be held back and taught how to respect a global community.

We have to make sure that the very basic needs of a human being is met for everyone. There shall be no difference in how much a home costs regardless of where it is situated. We need to move ourselves to live in sustainable cities where there exists no such thing as class or material success.

This is the beginning... and what a glorious beginning. Please tell everyone you know, that now is the time to stand up and revolt. Big corporations do NOT own us, we don't need them, they need us. If you and your union representatives stand together across lines of work, you WILL SUCCEED in forcing these greedy pigs in striped jackets and shiny shoes to come out of their hole and relinquish the power they so unrightfully have held over us for one and half century.
And you have to remember yourself and your next that these people have NO POWER... YOU, THE PEOPLE do. It does not matter where in the world you are, governments and borders are obsolete because the people you thought you elected through democratic elections have in reality been placed and bought by the very corporations terrorizing you and you family and friends through mortgages and income taxes.

You have been taught that terror lies within some foreign nation across the world. A land you have never seen... people you never met. You have been conditioned through tv which is owned by the big corporations that those countries and the people in those countries want to harm you... well guess what they just WANT THE SAME AS YOU. PEACE for them to live a safe life... They too have been charmed by tv propaganda into thinking that you want to hurt them and theirs. But do you really want to hurt another human being? Regardless of color and religion they are your brother and sister in race. WE are made of the same stuff. Our religions even preach about the same idols, only with different names.

SAY NO, to the monetary terror, SAY NO, to the brainwash being put into your life everyday through biased tv programs and de-intellectualising gameshows. Say yes to reclaim your life value and say yes to living a life in peace with others on this planet. It is your right, and it is time to claim this right!

See you on the street....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Money does not control the people in the federal government. That tends to be what everyone thinks, and ultimately that is part of the problem. I am not controlled by money, nor is anyone, money is the next step and idea of trade and barter. However, those in the federal government want to make money, and a lot of it.

Consider this, what do you think that 99% of those in office do with half of their time? Work on getting contributions for themselves and their party to get re-elected That drive, that very goal of theirs often takes time away from them doing their jobs, to effectively and wisely govern. Protest DC, for those who have been in office, for years, and demand that they step down, that is more of a point that everyone can agree on.

Those on Wall Street, that has no bearing on us at all, wall street is the gas that keeps the economy running. But the fundamental structure of that engine comes from the Federal government. To use an auto analogy, the US business design is that of a 2011 Ferrari, with the engine being rebuilt with parts from 1950’s Studebaker, and other vehicles that are not high performance. Just won’t work, and ultimately they need to focus on getting that parts back into the car to get it back up to speed and performance.

Business’s those traded on Wall Street, it is bad to disrupt, as many who have 401K’s and other investment portfolio’s invest in different businesses’ just so that way the dividends pay for their future. If they halt wall street, they put a hurting on business all around, and that is not good, as that would cause the economy to tank, and could be bad for the country.

The other part of the problem is that we keep electing the same people into office. There is no change in government as long as incumbents keep getting re-elected and it is a shame that the protestors, and the rest of the country do not see that as part of the problem. Oh they will state congress is part of the problem, but how many are willing to look at the very people they vote into office and put the blame there, very few, and thus the problem is perpetuated.

Time we stop trying to blame everyone else, and accept the responsibility for the actions of the country, time to live up to the very words that we all think and like to believe in: A government of the people, by the people and for the people. And that starts with taking the basic responsibility that this mess started with the people and those who do not do their civic duty by voting, or those who vote the same guy into office time and time again.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

This has been brewing for a long time. We can not allow a group of NWO cronies get their hands on this movement and twist to what they want. Don't forget Al Gore called for a US Arab Spring not long before this happened. There hasn't been a revolution or war without the banksters hands all over it. This needs to be the first one. Everyone hold the line and stay aware.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Okay I wasn't going to write anything but all the uneducated responses forced me to it.

First off, when stating Wall street isn't responsible, Big governement is... Is this your first day here, if so welcome...

Companies Like Goldman and S+P do run big Gov.

These companies created the financial problem by bundling up subprime mortgages and bundling them up and giving them AAA ratings, which should not have been done, not only did they do this but with control of big government through lobbying and through staff moving into government jobs.

I mean, its not a subjective point of view, its fact. Look it up.

You can trace almost every problem back to Wall Street. Follow the money.

But I do understand it is important for some to think they know all without the proper information because their own self image is tied ito it.

Just remember, Follow the money.
originally, i wasn't gonna respond to this but you're opening sentence forces my hand.

IF you follow the money, it certainly doesn't stop or start at Wall Street, that is merely the laundry facility.
THIS is the point ... Wall Street and its participants are equal pawns in the game.
They are not king/queen, rook, knight or bishop but they are the pawns protecting them.
this effort to 'interfere' or awaken Wall Street is a party not a protest.

i'd rather spend my time helping a neighbor than wandering aimlessly to a foreign beat of the same ole' drum.
since ppl seem to think this protest is somehow interfering with the moves of Wall Steet, please be more specific and perhaps others would agree.
But, from what i've seen, these protests are improving the WS conditions of the day, not hampering them.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

we acknowledge the reality: that there is only one race, the human race

That's not reality, it's rhetoric and it's a lie. Personally, I don't want to be united with people who hate me and who try to guilt me at every turn. I don't want to be united with people who suggest that I must like an entire race, and not prefer another, or else I'm "racist" and therefore a "bad person". I don't accept that. At all. I refuse to throw my grandparents under a bus for people who wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire, and mainly because I'm of a race they've been conditioned to despise.

I don't want to be united with hypocrites who suggest one form of racism is acceptable and understandable, while other forms are suggested to be worse than child molestation. I'm sorry, I see what's trying to be done here and it's a good thing, our government's out of control...but don't preach this race unification at me when we all know damn well it's impossible. We can unite without spreading blatant falsehoods. We can preserve diversity without being divided. And to me, that's very important.

That's like saying there's only one breed, the dog breed. It's patently false. Leave the race stuff out of it because it's suspect. I don't trust anyone pushing that agenda for numerous reasons. These last few decades, where this rhetoric has become prevalent, being "anti-racist" really means being anti-white. I reject that. I won't roll over and I'll say it right now, I prefer my own and I'm not ashamed of that. I reject feel good speech that makes white people, and only stupid gullible white people, feel good about themselves. I grew up with nonwhites and it wasn't any fun. To oppose government abuse is great and all, but this type of shameless pandering is terrifying to me because I see what the last few decades have created. And hateful growing number of nonwhites with an entitlement complex. And the government uses them to their advantage every chance they get.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
so you're okay with communism? that's what taking power from the elite and giving it to the people is all about...

So, you're telling us that Abraham Lincoln was a communist?

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
Abraham Lincoln...The Gettysburg Address

what does Abe, communism or the Address have to do with these protests ?
are you really of the belief that Lincoln was Not a communist ?
perhaps you should read a bit more ...

Lincoln+communism Each of these men, wrote Wilson, "became an uncompromising dictator" and was succeeded by newly formed bureaucracies that continued to expand the power of the state and diminish freedom so that "all the bad potentialities of the policies he had initiated were realized, after his removal, in the most undesirable ways."

Defenders of the free society have long recognized this truth. In the August 24, 1965 issue of National Review, for example, the magazine's editor, Frank Meyer, wrote that Lincoln's "pivotal role in our history was essentially negative to the genius and freedom of our country." This was so because of the "harshness of his repressive policies and his responsibility for methods of waging war approaching the horror of total war," among other things.

"Under the spurious slogan of Union," wrote Meyer, Lincoln "moved at every point . . . to consolidate central power and render nugatory the autonomy of the states. . . . It is on his shoulders that the responsibility for the war must be placed." "We all know his gentle words, ‘with malice toward none, with charity toward all," Meyer said, "but his actions belie this rhetoric." Here Meyer referred to Lincoln's win-at-any-cost strategy, his refusal to consider a negotiated peace, his imposition of a "repressive dictatorship" in the North and the "brigand campaigns waged against civilians by Sherman" in the South.

"Were it not for the wounds that Lincoln inflicted upon the Constitution, it would have been infinitely more difficult for Franklin Roosevelt to carry through his revolution [and] for the coercive welfare state to come into being . . . . Lincoln, I would maintain, undermined the constitutional safeguards of freedom as he opened the way to centralized government with all its attendant political evils."

or this ...

same source ... In an October 20, 1861 article entitled "On the North American Civil War," Marx wrote, "Naturally in America everyone knew that from 1846 to 1861 a free trade system prevailed, and that Representative Morrill carried his protectionist tariff through Congress only in 1861, after the rebellion had already broken out. Secession, therefore, did not take place because the Morrill tariff had gone through Congress, but, at most, the Morrill tariff went through Congress because secession had taken place."

As is true of almost everything Marx ever wrote about economics, this statement is patently false. The Morrill Tariff passed the U.S. House of Representatives on May 10, 1860, before Lincoln's election and before any state had seceded. It passed the U.S. Senate on March 2, 1861, two days before Lincoln's inauguration. (Abe vigorously lobbied for the bill, telling a Pittsburgh, Pa. audience two weeks before his inauguration that no other issue — none — was more important.)

History makes this protest pointless.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

if you think the money game begins or ends at Wall Street, you are sadly mistaken.
it is the uneducated masses "they" are counting on ... do jump right in ... the water should be warm by now.
something about a frog in a pot of boiling water keeps ringing in my head

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrath

Yeah, i'm not really sure how the race card is even relevant in this situation, sounds to me like a ploy to pull the special interest groups in to swell their numbers. If that indeed is the case, its kind of ironic that in less than a month the movement against the sell outs has been sold out, but nobody would ever admit to having that ulterior motive.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

if you think the money game begins or ends at Wall Street, you are sadly mistaken.
it is the uneducated masses "they" are counting on ... do jump right in ... the water should be warm by now.
something about a frog in a pot of boiling water keeps ringing in my head

I weep for my fellow man and his gullibility. Why is it so hard to understand that half baked idealistic masses cannot change things for the better, its the well thought out plans being executed by an intelligent few that bring about change...

Someone needs to ask them what the next step in their plan is going to be. If that has even been thought about, I can't really see it being any more plausible than this idiocy that we're seeing now

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join