It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help building gameing pc please.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey fellas i dont know much about pc's and im trying to build a new gameing pc that could run battlefield 3 easily then ill know it will last me a few years instead of 6 months like most computers. Anyway ive chose a case and a few of the parts such as a 3.80GHz quad core processor, 8gb memory, a £95 motherboard i cant remember the name of but at the min im having a hard time picking a graphics card, ive been told a GTX 560TI would run it but then a few people told me its not powerfull enough...then i found the ATI HD 6950 2GB OC and GTX 570 and was told they could run bf3 on max settings so im just wondering if this is true? i dont want to spend over £200 on something that wont make bf3, gow3 and the rest of the amazing looking games comeing out in the next year or so.PLEASE HELP ME what graphics card would you choose? ive never had a ATI but all i hear is good things.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ati 6950 will def work for battlefield

but try and shoot for the 6970 or anything above

quad core might bottle neck , perhaps go for the i7 ? intel?

make sure you have minimum 500 watt power supply

ram is good

that video card is a beast the nvidia cards anything after 6 series ur game

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy forum. You should post it in a computer forum. Like Overclock.net

Oh and the RECOMMENDED requirements for that game is a 460 so a 560Ti will run the game at full settings. Go to overclock.net and they will tell you.
edit on 17-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
This is a conspiracy forum. You should post it in a computer forum. Like Overclock.net
So theres a gameing conspiracy forum?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

nvidia G-force..

GTX 550 Ti here..

I play WOW on max settings and it rocks...

cost me $179.00 from newegg.com..

plus i am using a 700 watt power supply...
edit on 17-9-2011 by baddmove because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
ati 6950 will def work for battlefield

but try and shoot for the 6970 or anything above

make sure you have minimum 500 watt power supply

ram is good

that video card is a beast the nvidia cards anything after 6 series ur game

Thanks man, do you think the 6950 will work on max? the quad core from what i hear is really good and i cant affort the i7 from intel lol WAY to expensive i have £500 to spend =( btw the power supply im buying is a 650watt =)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

Dont be a smart ass, you will get better information if you post it in a computer forum. Most people hear specialize in conspiracy, in a computer forum the specialize in computers.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Dont be a smart ass, you will get better information if you post it in a computer forum. Most people hear specialize in conspiracy, in a computer forum the specialize in computers.
I know but if you look this is the gameing part of the forum thats exactly why i asked, the guys here are good with this kind of thing even if its not a true gamer forum

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh and the RECOMMENDED requirements for that game is a 460 so a 560Ti will run the game at full settings. Go to overclock.net and they will tell you.

And you can all ways sli. Make sure that you buy a motherboard that is SLI capable just in case you want to get a second card. Or if you go with a ATI make sure that its able to do crossfire. NVIDIA IS SLI AND ATI IS
CROSSFIRE.

2 560Ti's will out perform a 580. So if you are not happy with 1 560ti when the game comes out, you can all ways buy a USED one and use 2 560ti's. Some times its cheaper. Just make sure you get at least a 700watt power supply.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

yes you can play max but the gtx might give u slightly higher fps

www.hwcompare.com...

the 6950 is still a beast card and you should have no problem playing it on max . GTX was slightly higher in FPS

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

It says OFF-TOPIC video games for the section.

A 6790 should be good enough and you can probably pick one up for a little over 100 USD right now, if you get a motherboard that can support duel graphics cards you can upgrade that way later. Prices on processors will probably be dropping soon since the AMD bulldozer is coming out soon (if it's not out already IDK) along with the new Intel one. A phenom 2 should be good enough for most games for the next couple years and is much cheaper then the AMDs especially the sandy bridges.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Unless you are going to be playing at a supper high resolution in HD their is no reason to have a 2gb card.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Ive just found this on the website im buying my pc parts from is this completely new to me

www.overclockers.co.uk...

Would this do the trick? the 2.80GHz puts me off but then again like ive said before i know barely anything about pc's

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autodidactic
reply to post by LvSLoLo

It says OFF-TOPIC video games for the section.

A 6790 should be good enough and you can probably pick one up for a little over 100 USD right now, if you get a motherboard that can support duel graphics cards you can upgrade that way later. Prices on processors will probably be dropping soon since the AMD bulldozer is coming out soon (if it's not out already IDK) along with the new Intel one. A phenom 2 should be good enough for most games for the next couple years and is much cheaper then the AMDs especially the sandy bridges.

This card is not that grate its comparable to a 550ti, that would be a downgrade for what he wants.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And you can all ways sli. Make sure that you buy a motherboard that is SLI capable just in case you want to get a second card. Or if you go with a ATI make sure that its able to do crossfire. NVIDIA IS SLI AND ATI IS
CROSSFIRE.

2 560Ti's will out perform a 580. So if you are not happy with 1 560ti when the game comes out, you can all ways buy a USED one and use 2 560ti's. Some times its cheaper. Just make sure you get at least a 700watt power supply.
Yup i know about the sli and crossfire i was going to buy 1 single 6950 2gb and buy a second in a week or 2 and the monitor im buying is full 1080p.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

yeah, he said he is on a 500 euro budget though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ive just found this on the website im buying my pc parts from is this completely new to me

Would this do the trick? the 2.80GHz puts me off but then again like ive said before i know barely anything about pc's

A i7 is a quad core. Lol, you dont need 6 cores unless you are doing some serious video rendering. I dont even think games utilize more then 4 cores. Their would be no reason to get this CPU. But you need to get a quad core not dual core. This is one of the best CPU's for gaming
www.newegg.com...
Its made for gaming, but I do not think its in your budget.
One of these black edition AMD CPU's would not fail you
www.newegg.com...
When they first came out they wear really expensive.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hands down a core i7 is the best processor to get.
64 bit version.

8 gigs of ram at least.
Ssd or sata drives depending on your budget.
2 TB in raid config.

Again depending on your budget. 2 nvidia cards in sli config.
The sweet spot for a good card is 200 bucks each. And when buying a nvidia pay attention to the series number. A 290 is always better than a 240 for example.

If I were you look in dells outlet store. I got a great deal on a core i7 for 800 bucks.
Your mileage may vary.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

i would def go for that over the quad core
good chip great price

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join