It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonviolent nonviolent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How much is enough?After taking a look at this thread here.It becomes obvious to me that thru our struggles as a nation that we can address many of our problems,however the cancerous string pullers still work silently behind the screens.
So whats the solution?I dont pretend to know.My gut tells me that a good place to start would be to get a hold on our voting system before the next elections.In this day and age there should be no question that this can be done honestly and fairly.It just seems like a good place to start to me.
Im not gonna waste your time with all the allegations of voter fraud.I will offer this idea.Lets have an old fashion paper ballot followed up with an online voting system.I believe there is still time.

What say you??

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

if voters actually chose their leader it may make a difference. even then, it's D & R fighting like schoolyard bullies, always quite non-productive. it's a sham system to begin with. we're just here to provide a labor pool when needed.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I disagree my friend we are here to take a stand and change things.You see that this is the hour of the time.Those struggles before now should stand as a reminder to us that freedom isnt free.As a good man once said "i know this is gods country because the devil lives here"

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

thank you for your reply. i appreciate and respect your desire to see the USA return to what it was supposed to be. i've read many OPs on ATS where others are tired of the shambles we've become.

ATS does not permit posting along the lines of showing intention to assemble so we have to respect that. i will write what i've written before, to others: talk to people. talk to family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, people on the street. gently, quietly bringing up important topics and lovingly planting those mustard seeds of thought for others to grow on will help.

if we rant & rave in public it will fall on deaf ears. i've found an amazing amount of people of all ages are very aware of what is taking place, and they have had it 'up to here'. i think if we continue to talk to people, to wake people up, to prepare, the day will come. there are too many good people in this country that have been shafted all their lives. we aren't going to throw in the towel and let someone else raise a flag.

keep that spirit burning my friend. keep spreading the word.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The country in many ways is far far better than it has been in the past so I'm curious why do you think it's falling apart. Politics have always been a mess, even the writers of the Constitution had a hard time agreeing on anything so do you have some examples of what's gone so far downhill from the past?
edit on 7-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
The country in many ways is far far better than it has been in the past so I'm curious why do you think it's falling apart. Politics have always been a mess, even the writers of the Constitution had a hard time agreeing on anything so do you have some examples of what's gone so far downhill from the past?

kro32 you have a valid point; the simple accident of birth that made me an American has given me a sweet life. i'm from a family that was low on the middle class scale so there was always food on the table and a roof over our head and i am thankful for what i have received.

when i was a boy you could go for a walk downtown. there was a small bridge which took pedestrians and traffic to the next little town. the local law did not put up with anyone loitering. the last time i went back to that town (where my Mom still lives) i drove over that same bridge. the entire bridge, both sides, and before and after it, was completely filled with unemployed men hanging out, nothing to do no where to go, no work, no money to go spend on entertainment.

a few months ago i went through a town closer to where i live and my jaw dropped at how many day laborers with nothing to do and no where to go filled every block and side street. we drove through some of the back roads to avoid main street traffic. every street was lined with men doing nothing.

i wonder how often these scenes are duplicated in how many small towns across America. i honestly don't know if these men were illegal immigrants or not. it did appear most of them had relatives in Mexico, simply going by their features.

so there is two things i didn't use to see: really large amounts of people with relatives in Mexico. and very large quantities of men who have nothing to do and no where to go.

#3, i live in what is considered a rural area of NJ. long ago before we moved here and we used to visit friends up this way we were impressed at how nice the roads were. there is just miles and miles of roads all over the place.

now its years later and the roads are in horrible condition. friends, neighbors, relatives and visiting out-of-towners openly comment upon it, and frequently. we have a viaduct (bridge over railroad tracks) right out here by our house. local newspapers stated it was going to be replaced some 10 years ago; its falling apart. my sister who lives on a lake community not far away has a aged dam that is visibly in need of much maintenance. the state sent out a man two years ago to smear some tar on it with a brush!

in our little community, the roads, bridges and dams are aged and not being addressed. again, i wonder how often this scene is repeated across America.

#4. we are all painfully aware that our government has wracked up a little debt. more than 10 years ago, 20 years, 30, 40. we have a situation here.

#5. now more than ever corporate wants a healthy bottom line. that's understandable, that's why they are in business. but things have got tighter and tighter to often at a few more pennies return to investors. this mindset is worse than it ever was. last week i read of one of the very large NJ-based pharmaceutical manufacturers planning to close several facilities. they stated right up front its all about profitability. they are sending more operations overseas. mind you, they are making really excellent money for themselves and their shareholders at this time.

the lack of humanity by management in big business is worse in America now than it ever was. sending jobs overseas, putting your fellow countrymen out of work, for the sake of higher profits. life in America did not used to be this way. unemployment for many to give a few more pennies return to those who are well-off enough to own investments may be good business but its still creating unemployment.

#6. there are a lot of people left behind in offices, warehouses and what-not across America who are being told they are lucky they still have jobs. meanwhile, all that work still has to get done. now we have a country of incredibly stressed-out over-worked wage slaves that are so tense they can't sleep well at night.

life did not used to be this way. proper rest and a good state of mind are very important to being healthy.

#7. our dollar is now worth so little that a pack of smokes is $10 and a gallon of gas is nearly $4 over in NY state. it's quickly getting to where i can't afford the basics. life did not used to be this way.

--------- I could go on but i'm tired, it's late. I do look forward to your reply. Be well

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

thank you for your reply. i appreciate and respect your desire to see the USA return to what it was supposed to be. i've read many OPs on ATS where others are tired of the shambles we've become.

ATS does not permit posting along the lines of showing intention to assemble so we have to respect that. i will write what i've written before, to others: talk to people. talk to family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, people on the street. gently, quietly bringing up important topics and lovingly planting those mustard seeds of thought for others to grow on will help.

if we rant & rave in public it will fall on deaf ears. i've found an amazing amount of people of all ages are very aware of what is taking place, and they have had it 'up to here'. i think if we continue to talk to people, to wake people up, to prepare, the day will come. there are too many good people in this country that have been shafted all their lives. we aren't going to throw in the towel and let someone else raise a flag.

I have no intent to assemble anywhere except in your minds.Yes the seeds are being planted however,there is a large intellectual drought raging in the usa.If im understanding you correctly i can give you my opinion on how the voting system doesnt exist at the top but,i cant tell you how i think we should fix it? or were you just trying to warn me not to advise everyone to gather peacefully and take our system back?

Im just wanting clarity for future my revolutions.lol I do appreciate your precipitation and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Personally i believe that we are not better off now. I have always went against the grain so im mostly alone on this stance. My biggest example would be the education.You see i would rather not know much then have my head half full of lies.Its like groundhog day meets truth or fiction.The list goes on and on for me.How about guns? Even though i have plenty i think we would be better off without them.Autos id be better off without them.Im saying that i have traveled.My frame of mind before seeing the world was one of wonder and amazement and now im left with Knowing were all basically the same.To me the joy is not in finding but in seeking.
Thanks for stopping by Your point of view is wanted and needed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by LargeFries

I have no intent to assemble anywhere except in your minds.Yes the seeds are being planted however,there is a large intellectual drought raging in the usa.If im understanding you correctly i can give you my opinion on how the voting system doesnt exist at the top but,i cant tell you how i think we should fix it? or were you just trying to warn me not to advise everyone to gather peacefully and take our system back?

Im just wanting clarity for future my revolutions.lol I do appreciate your precipitation and knowledge.

thank you for writing. to clarify, i welcome your opinions on the voting system and how you think we could fix it. and i am all for people getting together to peacefully take back and fix the system.

my caution was regarding what i've seen in the past on ATS when people mention or address getting people together, joining a group, things like that. from what i've seen here threads like that get pulled off the board pretty quickly. then we don't get to discuss stuff.

there was an OP some weeks ago where someone was trying to let people know about the ZeitGeist movement they were into, and they put a Link in the thread. the OP got yanked and i didn't get to chat with that person again.

thanks for replying. looking forward to reading more.

new topics

top topics

join