It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1912 Newpaper Cartoons Explain everything happening today. Everyone Should See

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I found these cartoons and my mouth dropped. Things have not changed at all since the 1920. All of these cartoons are completely relevant in today’s world, its crazy.

If someone can help me out and post the cartoons on here that would be great. I cant do it because im on my work computer and its blocking me

enjoy

dont-tread-on.me...-4651

Hope you have a great day!

edit on 5-8-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Notice the republicans and uncle sam are standing on the LEFT side...

I found that to be the most interesting statement of them all... another bit of truth though...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is great

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Bloody good find !!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Notice the republicans and uncle sam are standing on the LEFT side...

I found that to be the most interesting statement of them all... another bit of truth though...

i dident catch that, nice find. star for you

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That octopus is frighteningly accurate!!

And that rothchild one is pretty spot on as well...

Great find

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

the cartoon with the rothchild figure, isnt that antisemitic and prejudice ?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

From "Uncle Sam`s" point of view, they're standing on the "right side", the banksters side.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by EmVeeFF

From "Uncle Sam`s" point of view, they're standing on the "right side", the banksters side.

you have a point. so are we sopose to take Uncle sams point of view or view it as is?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
That last one about the Rothschilds...

That's how I see people, thinking they should owe someone something instead of living for themselves. The rich getting richer from doing nothing but making the poor poorer.... anyway...

good find

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That's madness it's like a 1912 ATS!!! even the phrases are the same but with less IMO's and TPTB's. Not bad for the MSM!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

How so?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by EmVeeFF

alright, my vague tone didn't work this time I guess...

From the readers perspective, the intended audience, the progressive republicans are on the left, along with uncle sam. Sam is taking a pose that signifies decision, I believe he is standing strong with the progressive republicans on the left. These progressive republicans (of 1912 mind you, a very civil and liberty minded group) most likely had more "liberal" views that the modern "right winger" (for the time's standards) and uncle sam seems to have taken THAT side. Hes also saying the progressives should join one side, I'm sure he'd wish (uncle sam being the "soul" of American principle) that they would all join the left side, of progressive liberal republicans. The banksters and wallstreet's side is a moot point, because everyone seems to be fighting against them in this situation.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

reply to post by EmVeeFF

alright, my vague tone didn't work this time I guess...

From the readers perspective, the intended audience, the progressive republicans are on the left, along with uncle sam. Sam is taking a pose that signifies decision, I believe he is standing strong with the progressive republicans on the left. These progressive republicans (of 1912 mind you, a very civil and liberty minded group) most likely had more "liberal" views that the modern "right winger" (for the time's standards) and uncle sam seems to have taken THAT side. Hes also saying the progressives should join one side, I'm sure he'd wish (uncle sam being the "soul" of American principle) that they would all join the left side, of progressive liberal republicans. The banksters and wallstreet's side is a moot point, because everyone seems to be fighting against them in this situation.

Just my 2 cents

thats a great take on it
I love Cartoons. its solely up to the reader to determan the meaning of the artist

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

i thought rothchild (jews control financial sector) is a scapegoat, because there are more rich people from caucasian christian descent than jews.
if you look at all the wealth in the world, most of it belongs to people of christian descent.
people of jewish descent only hold a small fraction.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
If someone can help me out and post the cartoons on here that would be great. I cant do it because im on my work computer and its blocking me

Here is one. (#3)

This is still old, but it seems not quite as old as implied.
When I saved it, this was part of the image-file name:

Planned_Economy_Chicago_Tribune_1934

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22e79c0cd3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

That's as maybe, However the Rothschild Dynasty even by 1912 where the bankers to the world governments. I don't think it has anything to do with being Jewish, rather everything to do with their dominance in the financial sector for since the 1700's.

wikipedia - Rothschild Family

The sentiment I feel in that cartoon is as true today as it was 100 years ago,

To be honest I feel that their exception from satirical political comment under a flag of antisemitism is a little weak, given their prominence.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Here is one. (#3)

This is still old, but it seems not quite as old as implied.
When I saved it, this was part of the image-file name:

Planned_Economy_Chicago_Tribune_1934

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22e79c0cd3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

this is the one i like most. everyone on the bandwagon throwing money left and right with stalin in the background saying "the skys of america are turning reder" its great

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

this is the one i like most. everyone on the bandwagon throwing money left and right with stalin in the background saying "the skys of america are turning reder" its great

Yeah, I had to resize it smaller, so Stalin wouldn't be completely cut out.
Still chopped a bit of his arm off though.

Also, on the left side of the image- "It worked in Russia"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

However the Rothschild Dynasty even by 1912 where the bankers to the world governments.

like hundreds of other bankers and their financiers.
you think the rothchilds were or are THE bankers ?
i do not think they are the richest family in the world.
atm, it could be a saudi arabian one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join