It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I wouldn't say that. The people in power & those involved in that game are rotten to the core; but to tarnish 6.9 billion people with the same brush is a bit excessive.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Sounds like David Kelly all over again..... I wonder if they'll stop a proper investigation into this too?
Actually I don't wonder, I know they will.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
After reading and thinking about things surrounding this event, I believe it's probably not Murdoch himself who put the hit out on this guy (if this was an assassination, the timing is extraordinary). More likely others who will lose out on these current events carried it out, be it people in the government who had ties to the whole thing.

In the end, I doubt we will ever find out unless there is another whistleblower... but most people want to stay alive.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

He was involved with a BBC Documentary over the Phone Hacking Scandal Allegations, Before his supposedly unsuspicious death. His health supposedly went down hill after he done this Documentary.

Sean Hoare also told the BBC's Panorama phone hacking was "endemic" at the NoW.

A police spokesman said the death was currently being treated as unexplained, but was not thought to be suspicious.

BBC

Also this:

When asked if he was subject to that pressure, he replied: "Yes of course I was, that is the culture of News International."
He also previously spoke out on BBC Radio 4's PM programme, saying that former editor Andy Coulson was "well aware that the practice exists."

Sky News

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Of course the police are not suspicious... If he was really killed and this is not a coincidence, I doubt we will ever find out. Probably the last we'll see of this story.

"Probably the last we'll see of this story" I can happily say I'm wrong, glad to see all the coverage about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
On the frunt page of the UK Metro (a free paper on bus and trains)
says "Phone hack scandal claims first Life"

they make it sound like they killed him off.

I think Rupert Murdoch will get kick't of the board of the company.
or step down. only way to Try to save it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Interesting. The Metro is owned by Associated Newspapers LTD, which also published the Daily Mail. A murdoch opposed paper also the source of Cranky Pants UK's post.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Humm let me get this straight...

So a whistleblower, who spoke out about the Murdoch empire (who just happens to be the 13th most powerful man in the world) the police and politicians involvement has been found dead?
You expect a full enquiry? Yes, you will get one but it wont be the full truth! So what is the point in even asking for one?

I went through ATS posts the other day and was a little shocked that this story had not been covered in depth. This news is HUGE! I sometimes wonder about ATS, 'If it dosen't happen in the USA then its not worth reading about! ' But this IS huge for the whole world ! Including the USA !

Murdoch owns a massive amount of the worlds media....and yes, apparently he is one of the worlds 'Elite' as i keep reading here on ATS.

The Murdoch empire also owns Sky TV, which is beamed out to 10 million+ viewers. Now Sky TV is not just one channel, its the WHOLE thing plus our landline phones, and our internet broadband, same as your 'Cable TV' i think you call it?

So you have the Government, the heads of police and the head of media all at 'war'? As if !! They all scratch each others backs, and need each other, the real question is WHY has this happened? Whats really going down?

Starting in 2006, there were allegations that individuals working for the News of the World, a British Sunday-only tabloid newspaper (eventually forced into closure by the scandal) published by News International—a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation—had engaged in phone hacking.
The scandal came to prominence in the midst of an attempted takeover of British Sky Broadcasting by News Corporation, which was forced to abandon the acquisition. While the original allegations were limited to the hacking of celebrities, politicians and members of the British Royal Family, further allegations that victims of the phone hacking included murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, relatives of deceased British soldiers, and victims of the 7/7 London bombings generated widespread public outrage in the United Kingdom.

The News of the World published its final edition on 10 July 2011 after 168 years of publication. On 6 July 2011, British prime minister David Cameron declared that a public government inquiry would convene to investigate the affair, once police inquiries had been completed. On 13 July, Cameron named Lord Justice Leveson as chairman of the inquiry, with a remit to look into the specific claims about phone hacking and police bribery by the News of the World, while a separate inquiry would consider the culture and ethics of the British media. He also said the Press Complaints Commission would be replaced "entirely". The scandal attracted attention in the United States, where News Corporation is headquartered and operates a multitude of media outlets. On 15 July, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed that the Department of Justice was following up calls for an investigation into the company.[2

This paper has been going since 1843? Well we all know what weird and wonderful cover-up's were going on those days!

There is way, way more going on in this than meets the eye....and yes i wouldn't at all be suprised if something else 'Big' broke in the news over the next few days, just to steer us all away from whats really going on!

Murdoch Wiki

link   

Originally posted by Reflected

I don't think this was a hit by Murdoch to be honest I think it's more likely a political murder. I also think the whole News of the World scandal is a corporate attack to stop his full takeover of bSKb (after all the majority of the phone hacking is 'alleged'), which could of given him monopoly over all competition including the BBC. With that much more power he could of made ripe his plans to take over FOX. Controversially I wonder if Murdoch is the victim here? Don’t get me wrong I am not for a one world News Corp lol.

(Please excuse spelling etc, in work so have to write speedy with no proof reading haha.)

The very same thoughts have crossed my mind. In fact, despite my more common sense, I had actually considered at one point that he may be a pawn in this. It's very unlikely, though.

Logically, we would assume that someone with his 'weight' on the world stage being ''victimised'' is practically unthinkable...but is it, really?

On topic. I immediately started reading this thread and felt resonance with other posters on Dr David Kelly's death. What the MSM have reported simply does not sit well with me (it rarely, if ever, does) and the blatant inaccuracies only lead me to conclude what I thought about this whole thing from the start.

link   
reply to post by buddha

Or sell all the news papers in the UK, and kick those journalists on the Dole, He done it with the journalists in the News Of The World, although they are trying to cover their backs by claiming most of the journalists will be able to keep their jobs elsewhere within the company.

The UK press will look very different after all of this is done and dusted that is for sure.

link   
reply to post by marker3221

I clearly was not trying to say everyone on the planet is rotten. Just a vast number of people, especially those who hold positions of great influence and power. Even a sheeple is not innocent. They subconsciously understand their ignorance, but they choose to follow the crowd and live in ignorant bliss, whilst ignoring the real problems in the world. It gives them security and peace because they don't have to understand or be weighted down by such burdens. It is selfish and arrogant, they would rather give in to the illusion than show a little humanity, and therefore society quickly becomes very dark and meaningless where all you can hear are robots marching along like ants that know nothing else except expanding upon their empire. It's sickening and rotten.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zabadeano
What would he gain from such a death?

Well there is a saying, Silence is bliss.
It's obvious this guy will not be making any noise in the future.

“Bury your mistakes,” Rupert Murdoch is fond of saying.
that about sums it up.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Stranger again is that the MSM media outlets are saying it was suicide.

After reading through reports about injuries it is hard to explain it as suicide.

Here is a clip from March with him discussing the pressures of working at News of the World.

The MSM is still focusing on Murdoch and his son going for parliament tonight, it will be interesting to see this story develop.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

I agree with you 100%, I could not for the life of me understand why this was not trending on ATS, i had to then accept that the majority of ATS is simply not interested if it happens outside of the USA.

Denying ignorance indeed.

It takes a really dramatic twist like a possible murder (sensationalist anyone?) for it to jump to the top page. Sensational attracts the eyeballs, which is what theses redtops were chasing when they were hacking peoples phones.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Im not sure if Victimised is the right word. He certainly has upset many in the British Establishment, from Royalty, politicians and the military. The British establishment see this as an opportunity to take down Murdoch. It is a chance many have been waiting for and now the knives are out.

About time too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
9 11
im ready

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
let me tell you one thing about this man , claiming he was a coke head fine , but there is no way he could have OD on coke ,simply because the coke that we get here in the UK is # ! and its normally cut with baby teething powder or other class A drugs , for instance Mcat or mdmi which are the legal loop hole drugs currently doing the rounds.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

There are many ways to spin this story but just because you become reclusive and paranoid does not mean someones not out to get you

This guy was plainly scared but is a hero in my book regardless of his personal problems.

Looking further into previous posters mentioning and linking the Kelly affair and Robin Cook (which at the time I thought dodgy too) smacks of political assasination rather than digger murdoch or maybe both..

The daily mail have their own axes to grind and imo are also part of the problem as regards shoddy journalism, thats why im a guardian/telegraph reader lol

But shoddy journalism aside, sometimes even the gutter press get it right and in this case all the undertones and subtext in all stories suggest that this stinks

Yes mr cameron

You stink to high heaven!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by BAZ752

Im not sure if Victimised is the right word. He certainly has upset many in the British Establishment, from Royalty, politicians and the military. The British establishment see this as an opportunity to take down Murdoch. It is a chance many have been waiting for and now the knives are out.

About time too.

A very good point. This is what the more timid conspiracy theorist in me is inclined to think, but if I'm honest, I really don't have the time or patience to pursue it in any great detail, not least without someone doing the hard-yards for me.

Glad you picked up on my use of the word 'victimised' - that's precisely why I quoted it.

edit on 19-7-2011 by BAZ752 because: those pesky little typos!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Just wish to correct this for the sake of getting facts straight.

While the chances are slim that you will OD on coc aine itself here, the risk of a heart attack from taking coc aine is very high. And when mixed with alcohol, the chances of you getting a heart attack from the coc aine goes up 10 times, it is a very dangerous combination.

Hospital are taking in every increasing numbers of young people (and old, just young is most common) having sudden heart attacks for this very reason, coc aine mixed with alcohol, it is a growing problem.

So, it is very possible; while in this case I don't believe it for a second.
edit on 19-7-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join