It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

www.guardian.co.uk

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted yet, unless I missed it, but I did search and I didn't find anything.

Seems like, Murdoch & Co are killing people off now. They will try to blame it on this:

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

But I'm sure we all know what really happened. He stood up to them and they knocked him down -- poor guy.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

This is just too strange.

Hoare named a private investigator who he said had links with the News of the World, adding: "He may want to talk now because I think what you'll find now is a lot of people are going to want to cover their arse."

Speaking to another Guardian journalist last week, Hoare repeatedly expressed the hope that the hacking scandal would lead to journalism in general being cleaned up and said he had decided to blow the whistle on the activities of some of his former News of the World colleagues with that aim in mind.

He also said he had been injured the previous weekend while taking down a marquee erected for a children's party.

He said he had broken his nose and badly injured his foot when a relative accidentally struck him with a heavy pole from the marquee.

Let's see how long this PI he mentions, with links... who "had better talk soon" lives?

I'll bet this guy turns up dead soon too.
An overdose or something.

Also does any of this sound like a depressed man to you?
Sounds to me like a man who has finally cleared his conscience.

Suicidal people don't go to re-hab.
They may slow down but they keep drinking.
And they don't play with children before they off themselves... as a rule. Kids are just too damned inspirational and may convince you not to kill yourself. No, I think he would have avoided kids and family if he was seriously depressed or on a bender.

edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This was to me one of the more interesting quotes from the story linked.

He admitted he had had problems with drink and drugs and had been in rehab. "But that's irrelevant," he said. "There's more to come. This is not going to go away."

Maybe he was murdered to keep him from spilling his guts with ..."there's more to come" and "this is not going to go away." Maybe now it is going to go away?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The plot thickens.

I wonder who is going to be hung out to dry for this one, or do they really not just give a toss anymore?

Tossers the lot of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If this is accurate, it is pretty unsettling, if not alarming -- and I'm always the "it's probably just a coincidence" guy!

But this article raised a couple red flags. It says that the police did not confirm his identity; how do they know that it's him, then?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not any real evidence he was killed. He was a known coke head so may just have OD'd after seeing what he had stirred up? and with the guilt of several hundred people being made unemployed as a result?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well, that is interesting. Said to be dead from natural causes. I'm afraid I have serious doubts about that. This guy was the link to connecting Andy Coulson to the knowledge of phone hacking.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

I wonder if this is the Met carrying out the investigations.

edit on 18-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious.

Good ole police.
But now if it was John Yates who was found dead, it would be a whole different story.

hohoho

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow was my first thought and then I realized Murdoch and his cronies are more than capable of muder (IMHO). afterall, they seem to not be familiar with the words scruples or morals. hell, they sure don't fear the law. ......... and I do believe there is no such thing as coincidence.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm sure it will be found that it was a drug overdose as he was dismissed for drink and drug abuse. I don't know why peons think they can air rich folks laundry and not suffer consequences. Justice is geared toward he who can afford the best lawyer.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yikes..
This reeks of shady set up.
Or am I being too judgmental?!

edit on 18-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This just proves the elites are nothing more then criminal gangs the murder people and rob folks at will because they can and the people tolerate it...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Really not that surprised to hear it. We think of our government as a horrible being capable of just about anything. I, however, have no idea what its like to live under a monarchy. Those people are ultra reserved and dont tell their people squat. At least our gov. makes an attempt to lie to us, making us believe there is something to cover up. English monarchy doesn't even bother to lie. Comes out this morning that the links to police bribery have caused even the top dogs of english law to resign in disgrace. HELL YA it goes deeper!. Just goes to show you that money corrupts power, and power corrupts absolutely everything.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It really disturbs me how quickly everyone is reaching the absolute conclusion that Murdoch et al murdered him. You cannot decide that someone is guilty simply because they have a motive! We need a cause of death and some kind of proof that he was visited by someone who would have done Murdoch's dirty work.

Please keep in mind that "unexplained death", at this point in an investigation, does not mean "What the hell how'd this happen?" but rather "we're not sure just yet, the autopsy will probably tell us."

If it turns out he did OD on coke, then we'll have to wonder -- did someone cut it with something? Was he just a cokehead? Was he forced to by a Murdoch Assassin? But at this point all we have to go on is motive and the allegation that he is dead.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotruth

Murdoch is not in the Monarchy. He is in the Press.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting to see David Kelly Trending on Twitter. The weapons inspector who "committed suicide" before the invaision of Iraq in 2003

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
Not any real evidence he was killed. He was a known coke head so may just have OD'd after seeing what he had stirred up? and with the guilt of several hundred people being made unemployed as a result?

What does he have to be guilty about? He did the right thing.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

Of course the police are not suspicious... If he was really killed and this is not a coincidence, I doubt we will ever find out. Probably the last we'll see of this story.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This world is just full of coincidences isnt it?

Naaaa they would never kill that guy! He didnt have any important info to share...

He was a coke head and killed himself...

Just like all the other whistle blowers who end up dead... its all just a coincidence, nothing to see here folks!

Wasnt John Wheeler a whistle blower as well? Im sure he killed himself too...

/end sarcasm

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It proves nothing! Holy cow you guys, calm down and step back! all that is actually known at this point is that a guy died, and there are elites who probably wanted him dead! The connection is tenuous and will be borne out or disproven shortly -- either way there is likely to be a cover-up or attempt at one, and that's when we'll have our proof. Jeez!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join