It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Ron Paul win without MSM support ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know Ron Paul is a fan favorite here on ATS, but what about his approval across the U.S as a whole ?

Can Ron win the highest office in the land without the support of MSM ?

Personally I don't think he can , as the establishment will pick away at him each chance they get .

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nearly 75% of Americans have access to the Internet.www.websiteoptimization.com...

i would say MSM is a dinosaur that is inching ever closer to the tar pits. if mr paul keeps up his work as he has been doing i am sure he will do better this cycle than he ever has.
he has me seriously looking at him and i have never voted for a republican.

last best hope

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think he can win without mainstream media I found out about him through the internet as I'm sure plenty others will.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

He can't win since our vote doesn't mean anything. The first election of Dubya is proof of this. Even if there was some miracle that allowed the popular vote to put him in office, how long do you really think it would be before the powerful people he's crossing give him a good ol' magic bullet?
Edit to add: I'm still going to vote for him though. The man is a true patriot, and to do otherwise is nothing short of defeatism. I'm just not going to put my faith in his ability to get into office. I'm going to make whatever change I can through my own personal revolution. We can all do this by not giving our support, in any form, to those that we would see lose their control of this nation.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by txraised254
I think he can win without mainstream media I found out about him through the internet as I'm sure plenty others will.

A large majority of voters still get their information via the nightly television news. Since RP is not present there, he is not on people's radars. Unfortunately, he's never going to win. The only hope we have is that he can wake up a lot of people along the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sadly no. He can't.
If anything, the Presidency is a popularity contest. It was the same way when he ran last time. We on the internet make think hes a big deal but the millions of others who fail to see him showcased on the MSM will continue to think he's a nobody. And they outnumber us by a lot.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He has a lot more MSM support this time around as opposed to last time. He also has more friends in media this time around, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Glen Beck who hated Ron Paul in 2008 but now likes him, as well as John Stewart is amiable towards Paul, as is Bill Maher, so he has a lot of friends in the media not to mention his millions of fans throughout the nation.
edit on 17-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ron Paul can't win with or without MSM support.

He has not been chosen to win.

Sad, I really like him,

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Excellent point.

Ron Paul has the support of the Internet, & most Americans get their news from the internet these days & thyself because peoe don't trust MSM, with good reason! So can Ron Paul win without MSM support? He's already winning, well within his own party, from straw polls to military approval/donations.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

join