It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch NRA heads explode: Al Qaeda spokesman urges terrorists to buy lots of guns at gun shows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Watch NRA heads explode: Al Qaeda spokesman urges terrorists to buy lots of guns at gun shows

crooksandliars.com

That popping sound you hear is the heads of NRA loyalists exploding from massive cognitive dissonance, all because of the release this week of a video showing a spokesman for Al Qaeda, Adam Gadahn, urging would-be jihadis to go out and stock up on as many guns as they can get their hands on -- through the gun-show loophole:

America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to show an identification card. So
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This couldn't be any more scripted...
1) terrorist organization points out flaw
2) Govt. over reacts.

Now, did they say this to truly point out the flaw...

OR did they point out the flaw to have more of our rights taken away...

If they have half a brain..... They would see our freedoms eroding from their actions.

crooksandliars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah... that is not how gun shows work either... I call shenanigans on this.

I'm talking from California and Nevada state laws on this (which are polar opposites) either way doesn't work like that.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This must be what Obama meant when he said he was working on gun control behind the scenes.

That's okay, because there will always be more rednecks with guns in America than terrorists. We can keep ourselves safe, thank you!

We don't need our Nanny Government to protect our freedoms by taking more of them away from us.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Replace "Al Qaeda spokesman" with "Democrat" and you have the Progressive argument for gun control. This American born retard terrorist clearly doesn't know the law or what is available at gun shows. He claims that you can go to a gun show at any local convention center and leave there with a fully automatic weapon without a background check. I've been to more gun shows than I can remember, and I have never seen ANY, and I do mean ANY full auto weapons for sell. (and that's too bad because I would love to have a few)

*oh, just a side note in regards to your title... any gun owning, pro second amendment American that is informed and up to speed knows that the NRA sold out a longtime ago. "Gun Owners of America" is where it's at. Screw the NRA.
edit on 6-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Im so sick of the whole "terrorist" bull snip that ANY thing coming from the media or government with the word in it I totally disregard as propaganda.

Apparently, some little politicians parents didnt read them "The boy that cried wolf" when they were young.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I think this AQ spokesman my have confused us with just about any side in the autonomous regions of Pakistan..

Oh well.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Gun shows definitely work like that. Have you ever been to one? At least her if there is a gun show I can go down with money and buy whatever I want on the spot and most likely wouldn't have to show an ID.

I think that's fine though.. I really don't see a problem with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You pegged it.

This is nothing but propaganda to get us ready for the next anti-gun legislation. It may be small, or it may be sweeping, but they're up to no good either way.

I love the way they wrote this article. Fear mongering and sensationalizing at it's finest.

America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?

And the NRA has become a joke to many people who own guns.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Any fool with access to the internet, a grinder, half a brain and a little cash can full auto a semi in no time flat......

So what do you think..... Is this American Alq' a CIA op, or is he exploiting our knee jerk Govt. to take away our rights?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Im so sick of the whole "terrorist" bull snip that ANY thing coming from the media or government with the word in it I totally disregard as propaganda.

Apparently, some little politicians parents didnt read them "The boy that cried wolf" when they were young.

The problem isn't that some politician's parents didn't read them "the boy who cried wolf", the problem is that too many of the voters didn't have their parents read them this tale. Either that or they were too dense to get the moral of the story.

It is the voters who keep re-electing those cry wolf politicians who keep taking away our rights. They are the ones who never learn.

link   
This whole article is complete BS based on this one line right here: "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to show an identification card."

What is this 1930? You cannot go to any gunshow and touch most of the time, let alone purchase a fully automatic rifle. The people that do own the remaining automatic weapons have to jump through lots of hoops to have them, so they won't like you handling them wrong let alone selling them off easily when they worked so hard to obtain them. I love how people throw out the gunshow loophole all the time, its a total farce. Since it's so easy I am going to march right down to the next gunshow and do exactly as this article states!
Only problem will be finding any automatic weapons that I won't have to produce an ID to purchase let alone the federal tax stamp and class III dealer that is required for the transfer.

link   
I have been to 3 or 4 gunshows and never saw ONE private dealer, all had FFL's. Sure some people do sell their private arms at them sometimes, but not in the capacity in which the gov wants you to believe. Such crap. Just like the drug cartels, with their rpg's and grenades, belt fed machine guns, that were bought here. RIGHT. Why would they even hassle with going to a gunshow anyway when they have the ATF to do business with.

Deebo

link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Any fool with access to the internet, a grinder, half a brain and a little cash can full auto a semi in no time flat......

So what do you think..... Is this American Alq' a CIA op, or is he exploiting our knee jerk Govt. to take away our rights?

This guy has made the "news" a few times in the past. He is an American that converted to Islam and claims to have joined the Taliban. As far as your mention of "modifying" a semi auto... yeah, you're right... it takes about 10 minutes to turn an AR-15 into an M-16, but is that really worth 10 years in a federal prison and a $250,000 fine? Hellllllll NO!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
To set the record straight, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal. An Artist, Musician and published Poet and................
You can have my firearm when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
This whole article is complete BS based on this one line right here: "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle, without a background check, and most likely without having to show an identification card."

What is this 1930? You cannot go to any gunshow and touch most of the time, let alone purchase a fully automatic rifle. The people that do own the remaining automatic weapons have to jump through lots of hoops to have them, so they won't like you handling them wrong let alone selling them off easily when they worked so hard to obtain them. I love how people throw out the gunshow loophole all the time, its a total farce. Since it's so easy I am going to march right down to the next gunshow and do exactly as this article states!
Only problem will be finding any automatic weapons that I won't have to produce an ID to purchase let alone the federal tax stamp and class III dealer that is required for the transfer.

You're right.... as far as I know you need a class 4 permit to purchase and own full auto's. If you can buy a gun legally then you can get one by applying for it, but it is a very expensive and difficult process. Not to mention, the full auto weapons usually start around $8,000 and go up from there. Not many can afford that kind of hobby!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
To set the record straight, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal. An Artist, Musician and published Poet and................
You can have my firearm when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

Wow... a Liberal that I probably wouldn't mind having a beer with! I have come across more unicorns than I have Libs like you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this is hilarious its a win win

for democrats they get to push for more unconstitutional gun control
for the right they are confirming that al queda is and has been in country for a while.

for the people who can think for themselves and think al queda is the cia

for the people who think government lies about everything to usurp more power over its people.

the face value is the article but it has many elements to that story.

but the one constant out of all that what everyone can agree on we will continue to get screwed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
okay a few points of interest in this... the liberals have been pushing the anti gun stuff as long as I can remember this is probably due to the fact they want to control the people with a super large government and no way to defend.. (hmmm look at California)

next...California gun shows are fun and hard to get guns at but still theres sort of a "anti....al-q" mentality that sort of turns into a gray area ignorance towards people of different color... Most of these people wouldn't talk with my friend (who is ITALIAN in skin tone).... giving him rude looks because of his beard and tanned skin... and even though he is an American citizen.

finally... and most importantly is the standard scare tactic this follows.... get the people upset about something and lock down on the subject....

this smells of dis info to the max.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Good point. If the voters didnt continue to vote for the idiots crying "terrorism" you would soon see a stop to the whole phenomenon.

The good thing about their "terrorism" bull snip is that when you see the word, you can rest assured some con is coming down the pipe after it. I like it for that reason. If used properly, it helps you see what they are up to in terms of policy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join