It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch NRA heads explode: Al Qaeda spokesman urges terrorists to buy lots of guns at gun shows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The premise of my post was simply that it's easy to get a gun in America. I don't care if a gun is semi-automatic or fully automatic, whether you need to show id when you buy a gun or whether you have to fill out a form to have one. I was simply saying America is chock full of guns, thats why thousands of people are murdered there every year, nothing more. So often I see people act like easy access to guns aren't to blame for Americas murder rate which is false.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

You are absolutely correct about the ease of buying firearms in America. I do believe, however, that the socio-political atmosphere of of our great "melting pot" is to blame for our high rate of murder. The firearm is just tool in the hands of a person! I sometimes wonder if the last breath of free men will smell of cordite and gun smoke.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Watch NRA heads explode: Al Qaeda spokesman urges terrorists to buy lots of guns at gun shows

crooksandliars.com

................. come away with a fully automatic assault rifle..........

Typical government con at work here. We need more security! Where's security? Security! Security! LOL!

Any of you guys been to a gun show?

YOU CAN NOT BUY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS AND YOU WILL BE SCRUTINZED HARDER THAN YOU WOULD IF YOU BOUGHT A FIREARM AT YOUR LOCAL SPORTS STORE.

Simply nothing but the CIAL-QUAEDA push at work. But don't worry! Your government wants you to work hard and pay your taxes. Here's your smartphone. See how easy it is to stay in touch with your friends?

Face it everyone............AMERICA IS DEAD!
edit on 7-6-2011 by thestillborn1 because: reply formatted incorrectly............

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Wow! I owe you a beer.............GOA!

2nd line here..............

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So often I see people act like easy access to guns aren't to blame for Americas murder rate which is false.

So is that why when the number of "gun murders" in New York City dropped murders by knife went up. Murder by knife erased 80% of the drop. To prove the point that guns dont cause murder even more, the murder rate for the city actually increased year over year.

In other words, criminals put down the guns and started stabbing people. When that didn't work they found other means. In the end less guns on the streets didn't cut the murder rate. As we saw in Chicago and Washington DC it seemed to have the opposite effect.

Guns aren't the reason people die. People die because criminals and the mentally deranged want to end someone's life. Most of the times it is criminals killing criminals. Depending on the source between 86% and 96% of murders involving guns are related to gangs, drugs, or other felonius activity. To me that signals a social problem that needs to be addressed. Instead of atacking an inanimate object people need to look at the source of the issue.
edit on 7-6-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by redbarron626
To set the record straight, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal. An Artist, Musician and published Poet and................
You can have my firearm when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

Wow... a Liberal that I probably wouldn't mind having a beer with! I have come across more unicorns than I have Libs like you.

There are more of us than you know Optimus Subprime, (handshake) According to a recent quiz I participated in, I am a "left-Libertarian"...we are all on the same side. Where's that beer?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

To set the record straight, I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal. An Artist, Musician and published Poet and................

Me toooo! And I'll one up you...I'm gay!lol...guns don't kill people...people kill people.Cliché, I know, But I do struggle with the delicate balance of keeping the streets safe. I don't claim to have an answer but how do we as a society strike a balance while protecting our rights?

How do we combat guns in the wrong hands?
edit on 7-6-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72

Mere toooo! And I'll one up you...I'm gay!lol...guns don't kill people...people kill people.Cliché, I know, But I do struggle with the delicate balance of keeping the streets safe. I don't claim to have an answer bet how do we as a society strike a balance while protecting our rights?

How do we combat guns in the wrong hands?

Hey maybe I'll reply to my own post.

What about freeing every non violent criminal, or those who didn't perpetrate a crime against another.
Then we could afford the cost and space to put violent thugs away for life!

Is that liberal enough?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Holy crap, I can buy a fully automatic machine-gun from the gun show????

I am there!!!

What a load of crap. Was this written by the Brady Camp???

There are state laws that require certain things for private sales of firearms. That is what this really amounts to, is the private sale of a firearm. The whole mantra of Gun Shows being the skirt to the law is obnoxious at best.
Goes to show you that the use of semantics is key. Sol Alinsky was right, control the definition, control the argument.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So, people are murdered because of Guns???

I think you mean people are murdered because another person decided to take the persons life.

I have yet to see any instance where a firearm grew legs, walked out to the street and began killing people.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

No sir. I wouldnt bring a knife to a gun fight. I would bring an axe, and a sword, and change the game to suit a more honourable form of battle. There is no skill in pointing and clicking and no honour either.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Wow... a Liberal that I probably wouldn't mind having a beer with! I have come across more unicorns than I have Libs like you.

There are more of us than you know Optimus Subprime, (handshake) According to a recent quiz I participated in, I am a "left-Libertarian"...we are all on the same side. Where's that beer?

Hell yeah, there are a ton of us. I'm a "liberal" who supports Ron Paul, owns a hand cannon (Flintlock), drinks redneck beer, drinks fancy microbrew beer, is a vegan, and can tap my foot to Korn and Willie Nelson while watching MSNBC, FOX, and CNN on three different TVs.

The more boxes we jump out of and throw away, the more we will change this land for the better.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

No sir. I wouldnt bring a knife to a gun fight. I would bring an axe, and a sword, and change the game to suit a more honourable form of battle. There is no skill in pointing and clicking and no honour either.

I can certainly appreciate your sentiment, but if someone points a gun at me, I'm pointing a bigger gun at them (hopefully) The Gladiator style of battle that you seem to support is a completely foreign concept to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
just more of the same old same old "look ma a full auto no permit and all i needed was cash" the last time i went to one a gun show there was no full auto for the gen pop, law enforcement and mil yes or ffl holders , the one's out in the parking lot sold no full autos nor the conversion kits, plenty of other rifles side arms and ammo but no full auto not with out FFL that is pre 90's you bet before the Brady bill had 500$ got a BAR with 20 clips full auto sold it before the laws changed to an FBI HRT member. wonder if he still has it.should say it the BAR had no firing pin.
The point is do not fall for this it is a smoke screen, one more freedom to be taken away from us.
edit on 7-6-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Its nothing to do with the Roman aspect. It is how my forefathers fought before the tyrants came here , and taught us the so called civilisation that all that is now was spawned from. The gun is the historical extention of the tyranny of Rome. It is an utterly souless weapon, designed to reduce the act of making war, to a disassociative activity, removed from the truth of what is being done. Causing death should make the gorge rise, should be felt in the weight of the blow, and the tearing of each sinew, the slicing of every inch of flesh, and the grating of steel on bone, or the sudden plunge through an organ.

Letting the lead do the work is exactly the same as a mobster telling a thug to go and do his bidding. It is without honour entirely.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Its nothing to do with the Roman aspect. It is how my forefathers fought before the tyrants came here , and taught us the so called civilisation that all that is now was spawned from. The gun is the historical extention of the tyranny of Rome. It is an utterly souless weapon, designed to reduce the act of making war, to a disassociative activity, removed from the truth of what is being done. Causing death should make the gorge rise, should be felt in the weight of the blow, and the tearing of each sinew, the slicing of every inch of flesh, and the grating of steel on bone, or the sudden plunge through an organ.

Letting the lead do the work is exactly the same as a mobster telling a thug to go and do his bidding. It is without honour entirely.

I appreciate and respect your point of view.... but as far as I'm concerned, if some thug comes through my front door at night, I have every intention of "dishonoring" myself by using my Mossberg 12 gauge and a 3 in mag slug to neutralize the situation. Then after the cops come remove his body from my living room I will hopefully still have a few hours left to get some sleep before I have to go to work. Why a slug you ask? Because buck shot might ruin my nice leather couch.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
But sir, in the heat of the moment, absolute prevention of collateral damage is quite tricky. I do not know the layout of your home, but lets assume you have a top floor , and a bottom floor, or that you live in a shared house, or appartment. There is no direction that you could unload your weapon in, that would not pose a very real threat to others. Using a melee weapon however, getting in close, means that ALL damage done , is done to the target.

The other sickening thing about range weapons, is that there are only so many places you can fire one without risking innocent lives. You may recall an incident where a person was firing into the air , the bullet went up, and then came down through the roof of a church and dropped a three year old.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There is no direction that you could unload your weapon in, that would not pose a very real threat to others.

Maybe this would be the case in one of those houses where 30 illegal Mexicans live in Texas, but not in most homes. Right now I could literally discharge a firearm in any direction of my house except for the kitchen and I wouldn't hit any living thing (that I can see anyway -- maybe bacteria or something
).

You'd have to patch some holes afterward but that's worth saving your life.

Btw here in America people who break into homes usually don't just carry knives, if they bring any weapon at all. It'll be a gun. And then good luck approaching them with a knife, or acting like you want to talk or any other way. Hardened criminals here are too smart to let you get anywhere near them if they have a firearm. You'd more likely get an order of "down on the floor with your hands behind your head."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Thats assuming they hear you coming. My attitude is, if you are going to defend your life, then do it in the safest way for others . Selflessness is the begining of all worthy virtues after all. The other thing I would like to mention, is that its all very well saying that you could personaly unload a gun in most directions and hit nothing but bacteria, but that doesnt apply to ANYONE living in an appartment block , or within a two hundred meter radius of anyone else, or a road.
So anyone living in a built up area, should probably think about purchasing a sword and learning how to use it, and move with purpose and without making a noise that would wake the dead. That way they could defend thier homes with perfect respect to thier society, and without risking the lives of neighbours , relatives, friends, and passers by.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

yep man

people just dont or cant or dont want to grasp the concept that people kill people.

its just easier to blame an inanimate object

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join