It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I'm on the fence with this one. Sure, no child should be ABUSED by a teacher, but some kids need to cop a decent paddle on the arse.

I remember when I was in kindergarten (back in 1986), and I had done something wrong. I had put my sports shoes on at lunchtime, when I had been told not to. Not only that, I roped another kid into getting them out of the classroom for me. End up getting sent to the principal, who was also the Year 6 teacher, where I admitted what I had done wrong, and even stood up to the Principal when she asked if I thought I deserved the paddle. Her students had been laughing at my answers, so when she asked me, I replied with "No, but I reckon this lot deserves it!"

The Principal was actually suprised that I gave her an honest, upfront answer like that, and she smiled and said "You know what Jarrad, you're right. You have been honest the whole time, and my students HAVE been rude when you have been answering me, so you are right on both counts. Maybe I should paddle the lot of them." In the end, I didn't cop the paddle.

Move forward a couple of months, and I had done something wrong, and whatever it was, I DID deserve punishment. Was again sent to the Principal, and VP, and was told I was going to get 5 hits of the cane over each hand. I put both hands out, and copped 5 on each hand. The suprising thing for me was I didn't cry, and that I thought it would have been worse, pain wise. Found out when I started getting tattooed it's because I have such a high pain tolerance.
The principal and VP were actually suprised that I didn't cry, and walked me back to my room and told my teacher "Jarrad has gotten his punishment, and he took it like a man and didn't even cry. He knew he was wrong, and he took it like a man." All the other kids thought I was some kind of freak because I didn't cry.

Also coppeed the paddle a year or 2 later, and I can tell you now, whatever I did wrong, I never did it again. But to be honest, the reason I played up was because I was honestly bored in class, because I found the work so easy. I'm not sure whether it was because I was smarter than most, or because I just found it naturally easy, but I would easily get bored with the work BECAUSE I found it so easy, and I would play up. Sometimes smart kids play up because they are smarter than average, and get bored with the work that is being done. And to be honest, teachers need to realise this and maybe give the child harder work to do, or give them work that interests them, and they wouldn't play up.

In the end, some kids do need corporal punishment, because they lack discipline, whilst others are just playing up because they are bored with the work...........

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is indicative of a global society that handles problems through war. The use of fear has been used since before time has been traced. What better way to create fear than through pain? Just take a look at how our own authorities handle problems with citizens that break the rules. This will continue until a better system is not just developed, but set into practice.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Louisa May Alcott must be laughing in her grave over this. Anyone remember Little Women where Amy gets her hand whacked in school? Her pride hurt worse than the pain of the smack.

the 1949 movie starring Liz Taylor already changed to scene to her almost getting her hand smacked.
edit on 28-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: "Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt."
lThis is exactly like my old Catholic school when the nun would go ballistic!

But children beaten, humiliated and terrified will NOT learn, except to hate authority and lie and cheat in order to avoid punishment. No child in a school should ever be abused, EVER! It should be a place of safety and a refuge so the child can learn. Those poor little children...he especially tormented the tiny girls - he enjoyed their terror as did the camera person. Degenerate! He needs to be arrested.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This teacher's trial is set for today May 28. I hope he gets hard time for what he did. Another Egyptian teacher got 6 years for assaulting a 13 year old student and breaking his ribs.

This man needs to be stopped before he seriously injures or kills some child.
edit on 5/28/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I feel nausea seeing this... human species deserve nothing but extinction. And yes im judging all human beings for this one "human".

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
Hmmmm, I'm on the fence with this one. Sure, no child should be ABUSED by a teacher, but some kids need to cop a decent paddle on the arse.

I remember when I was in kindergarten (back in 1986), and I had done something wrong. I had put my sports shoes on at lunchtime, when I had been told not to. Not only that, I roped another kid into getting them out of the classroom for me. End up getting sent to the principal, who was also the Year 6 teacher, where I admitted what I had done wrong, and even stood up to the Principal when she asked if I thought I deserved the paddle. Her students had been laughing at my answers, so when she asked me, I replied with "No, but I reckon this lot deserves it!"

The Principal was actually suprised that I gave her an honest, upfront answer like that, and she smiled and said "You know what Jarrad, you're right. You have been honest the whole time, and my students HAVE been rude when you have been answering me, so you are right on both counts. Maybe I should paddle the lot of them." In the end, I didn't cop the paddle.

Move forward a couple of months, and I had done something wrong, and whatever it was, I DID deserve punishment. Was again sent to the Principal, and VP, and was told I was going to get 5 hits of the cane over each hand. I put both hands out, and copped 5 on each hand. The suprising thing for me was I didn't cry, and that I thought it would have been worse, pain wise. Found out when I started getting tattooed it's because I have such a high pain tolerance.
The principal and VP were actually suprised that I didn't cry, and walked me back to my room and told my teacher "Jarrad has gotten his punishment, and he took it like a man and didn't even cry. He knew he was wrong, and he took it like a man." All the other kids thought I was some kind of freak because I didn't cry.

Also coppeed the paddle a year or 2 later, and I can tell you now, whatever I did wrong, I never did it again. But to be honest, the reason I played up was because I was honestly bored in class, because I found the work so easy. I'm not sure whether it was because I was smarter than most, or because I just found it naturally easy, but I would easily get bored with the work BECAUSE I found it so easy, and I would play up. Sometimes smart kids play up because they are smarter than average, and get bored with the work that is being done. And to be honest, teachers need to realise this and maybe give the child harder work to do, or give them work that interests them, and they wouldn't play up.

In the end, some kids do need corporal punishment, because they lack discipline, whilst others are just playing up because they are bored with the work...........

From your personal experience one can 100% conclude that the paddling isn't the reason you never did that stuff again.

Also, Paddling a kid because he wants to wear outside shoes outside? Are you kidding me?????? What is the reason you aren't allowed? Because they said so?

LoL.

You got paddled and took it because you already knew what you did was wrong... and you admitedly felt guilty about it.

You didn't need to be paddled... for the point of paddling is to show the kid it was wrong(which it doesn't do) but you already knew it was, and felt bad about it to the point where you thought you deserved the beating.

Hence, the beating wasn't necessary... and shouldn't have been conducted.

We aren't talking about felons and prison here... we are talking about children.... who are learning social standards, and the difference between right and wrong.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My friend, an English teacher, has taught abroad and has been asked many times before she is hired for a job if she has a problem with corporal punishment. She doesn't believe it's right, but it's something very common in other parts of the world.
I personally think corporal punishment is only suitable if the child's behavior is outrageous. I don't see how this is appropriate, but it's not my country.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The 1933 version of Little Women has the schoolteacher just looking at her drawing and telling her he would overlook it.
The 1994 version with Susan Sarandon has her coming home with a giant welt on her hand and everyone rushing to tell the schoolmaster what they thought. But it seems to be fairly true to the story.

Ah, someone has put that Amy scene in her blog.

hypervocal.com...

I personally do not care for corporal punishment in schools. I thought our schools had done away with it long ago. Seems a few still do it.
edit on 28-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
If someone was mauling my child like that I would be outraged. A controlled paddling for a specific amount of licks is one thing. What this man was doing is illegal in America, and for good reason. Imagine of it was your kid.

link   
Some people in this thread are almost as evil as the man in the video. Claiming that anyone that doesn't recieve this punishment will grow up to be a criminal, WISHING fellow ATS members to have kids that get a life sentance for not doing that to their children. So, if you get a bad mark you get your hair pulled, your body pulled arown and beaten with a stick? I'm sure those kids tried their best, they are only 4-5 years old!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
I feel nausea seeing this... human species deserve nothing but extinction. And yes im judging all human beings for this one "human".

That is also, very, very, sad. I would never harm a child, or even a dissidant. The only time I will ever harm someone is if they put my life at risk. Period.The.End.

I won't ever hurt an animal or even an insect either, unless I have to.

Animals as food are an exception. There is no evil is sustenance.

For you to want to execute all humans (including yourself) for what a small percentage of people are actually like... that is just sad.

Most people are intrinsically good. People in power are usually bad, and people on the poverty line are usually bad.

Power corrupts, and being poor is about survival. That pretty much makes up for most of the evil people on the planet... Sure, there are crazy cases, serial killers that were middle class... the like.... but they don't represent the majority at all.

And the only reason we have poor people, is because we like having poor people. There is enough resources for everyone, but those in power, have power, because they have resources.

Hence the people in power are responsible for the actions of the poor as well, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Big problem when students used to be 'paddled' or beaten in school (before it became illegal), that the ONLY children who got thrown around, beaten and berated were NOT the children from moneyed families...it was a class divide! The poor children got corporal punishment while the rich children did not -- the teachers looked away and tried to make a joke of it.

Children should never be touched in school. It destroys trust and faith in the teacher: school should not be a boot camp or a concentration camp. Children that little can actually be frightened to death by these actions. It inculcates feelings of terror, shame, embarrassment and makes children never want to step foot in school again. That bully in Egypt in the video and all those adults laughing at the child's discomfort are simply degenerates. They relish the fear they inculcate in the tiny students; is this the beginning of training a society to accept a tyrant for a leader? What a NAZI!

I work with children as a teacher every day. I used to work with juvenile delinquents from jail. Everyone of the troubled boys had been beaten up, abused and worse, and learned not to trust adults. Beating children can destroy them and does not inculcate a sense of dignity and self confidence in them; it makes them mean and frightened and vengeful. It took them a long time to learn to trust an adult; and I learned that if I made a promise I had to ALWAYS keep it, no matter what. They needed to trust before they could learn in class.

I'm sure you meant this as a joke (I sure hope so); but this is not funny. If you got beaten as a child, I am sorry for you. There are far more effective methods of discipline than beating a child and terrorizing it. And I speak as one who went to schools that beat kids....it set me back.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer
reply to post by jrmcleod

El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: "Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt."
lThis is exactly like my old Catholic school when the nun would go ballistic!

But children beaten, humiliated and terrified will NOT learn, except to hate authority and lie and cheat in order to avoid punishment. No child in a school should ever be abused, EVER! It should be a place of safety and a refuge so the child can learn. Those poor little children...he especially tormented the tiny girls - he enjoyed their terror as did the camera person. Degenerate! He needs to be arrested.

He was.

And thank you, aparently I've been called a shill in this thread because I don't agree violence corrects behaviour... ever. I've just elaborated on the point that beaten children don't respect you, learn that you personally don't like what they do, and that it results in them being beaten. So naturally, one learns how to avoid being beaten... and you do that by lying and cheating, and hiding and pretending.

Beating kids anywhere, school/home what ever, doesn't matter... still teaches one and only one thing...

Bow to authority.

They do NOT learn lessons from being beat, unless the lesson is how to avoid being beaten.... (this can be by complying with complete authority, or lying and cheating... eitherway, you are teaching your children to be submissive, which is indeed a NEGATIVE trait.)
edit on 28-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just wait till those Nanny Cams come to US homes to watch how we deal with our kids. It's already in the UK.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Fair enough that this is bad and shocking to watch etc............

But if the world were to be able to watch on YouTube... what was going on just across the boarder in The Gaza Strip...........

The suffering of the kids in this video would pale into insignificance..................

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm so disgusted and just...full of rage over this video. It's 2011 for #'s sake. It just..boggles my mind how there are still people out there that do stuff like this to children. Even parents!

Why can't there be peace? Why can't there be respect for each other? When is the violence and the injustice and the pain going to stop? I'm heartbroken...I wish this wasn't the reality we all live in...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer

Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Big problem when students used to be 'paddled' or beaten in school (before it became illegal), that the ONLY children who got thrown around, beaten and berated were NOT the children from moneyed families...it was a class divide! The poor children got corporal punishment while the rich children did not -- the teachers looked away and tried to make a joke of it.

Children should never be touched in school. It destroys trust and faith in the teacher: school should not be a boot camp or a concentration camp. Children that little can actually be frightened to death by these actions. It inculcates feelings of terror, shame, embarrassment and makes children never want to step foot in school again. That bully in Egypt in the video and all those adults laughing at the child's discomfort are simply degenerates. They relish the fear they inculcate in the tiny students; is this the beginning of training a society to accept a tyrant for a leader? What a NAZI!

I work with children as a teacher every day. I used to work with juvenile delinquents from jail. Everyone of the troubled boys had been beaten up, abused and worse, and learned not to trust adults. Beating children can destroy them and does not inculcate a sense of dignity and self confidence in them; it makes them mean and frightened and vengeful. It took them a long time to learn to trust an adult; and I learned that if I made a promise I had to ALWAYS keep it, no matter what. They needed to trust before they could learn in class.

I'm sure you meant this as a joke (I sure hope so); but this is not funny. If you got beaten as a child, I am sorry for you. There are far more effective methods of discipline than beating a child and terrorizing it. And I speak as one who went to schools that beat kids....it set me back.

Beaten child here, and no... I can't think that any child who was ever beaten would ever think it's the appropriate course of action.

I've been laying out pages on this thread for why this attitude is a falsehood.

Spot on guy, I respect you.... I'mma give you a star....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by confreak

No teacher should be allowed to hit a child...for whatever reason...!!!!!!

Restrain a child? yes..if they are going to harm themselves or others..reasonable restraint is different.

edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

What is wrong with physical punishment as a disciplinary process?

Isn't that the solution to the teenage problem? Now a days anything teenagers do wrong, they say ohh he's just a teen (why? because it is so normal), the same teens weren't disciplined when they were kids, therefore causing them to do what ever they want, but since they are young, the law can't be harsh on them, so they keep doing crime and still get no punishment, until they reach a point of no return.

Some people think physical punishment is the solution to this huge problem, to a problem which isn't just a problem for the individual making the wrong choices, but for the fabric of the society, the family.

I would like to hear your side of the story, what do you think?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The dude in the vid is an idiot, no doubt he is the product of his own education system. Hey I am all for not sparing the rod and disciplining children but not at school, and if there is any disciplining to be done it should be done by the parents. And parents listen to me, please spank your kids if they deserve it, especially you lazy ones who cant find other ways to discipline them.

But these kids I mean what did they get there alphabetical wrong or something in there homework? # now a days the more I see the world the more I begin to understand that there was very little in school worth getting bent over, and absolutely nothing in middle school worth getting hit over. So there is probably nothing these kids did worth getting hit over.

I got hit sometimes in school when young, and you know what it didn't make me want to learn more or any more disciplined at all, it just made me get revenge in one form or another.
No wonder they are all idiots in some places, they are the product of there own idiotic programs, sometimes it really is like the saying. Kids raising Kids, and expecting something else to happen but more kids raising kids. If you cant find some other ways to teach a 5 year old some basic things other then by beating them, then no offence but you suck as a teacher.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join