It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Is about to become the GOP Lead Candidate for POTUS !

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I so very much look forward to seeing Obama debate Palin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Capitalism.... But like I said, it is much more complicated than a small definition can explain.

I always liked this simple definition:
'Capitalism is a social system based on the principle of individual rights."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If she wins, then I KNOW the Mayans were right about 2012.
edit on 26-5-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Ron Paul could potentially destabilize the US infrastructure for the worst because of his desire to basically start again from the ground up.

Have you actually read what he says he plans to do???

My Plan for a Freedom President How I would put the Constitution back in the Oval Office

Remember Ron Paul as President would not be operating in a vacuum. He can actually do very little except trash all the blast E.O.'s accumulated by other presidents, appoint "czars" who are honest, and veto unconstitutional bills.

I am not even sure if he has the power to trim the fat from the various agencies like the EPA, FDA, USDA, OSHA... since Congress sets the number of positions.

...The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress and, to that end, appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet... Including members of the armed forces, the Executive Branch employs more than 4 million Americans....

Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress. Fifteen executive departments — each led by an appointed member of the President's Cabinet — carry out the day-to-day administration of the federal government. They are joined in this by other executive agencies such as the CIA and Environmental Protection Agency, the heads of which are not part of the Cabinet, but who are under the full authority of the President. The President also appoints the heads of more than 50 independent federal commissions, such as the Federal Reserve Board or the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as federal judges, ambassadors, and other federal offices. The Executive Office of the President (EOP) consists of the immediate staff to the President, along with entities such as the Office of Management and Budget and the Office of the United States Trade Representative.

The President has the power either to sign legislation into law or to veto bills enacted by Congress, although Congress may override a veto with a two-thirds vote of both houses. The Executive Branch conducts diplomacy with other nations, and the President has the power to negotiate and sign treaties, which also must be ratified by two-thirds of the Senate. The President can issue executive orders, which direct executive officers or clarify and further existing laws. The President also has unlimited power to extend pardons and clemencies for federal crimes, except in cases of impeachment.... www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Palin has not declared her candidacy.

This poll is pointless.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

-------------
I'm on the right, and I absolutely cannot stomach this twit, so it's not just the left that consists of people who despise Palin.

And to the person who said..."closest thing one will ever find to Ron Paul in a skirt"--you're kidding, right? Again, she's a twit! Ron Paul is intelligent, consistent, always votes for the Constitution and the People, has ethics, has morals... Palin is for Palin and is just plain dumb. She would do exactly what she was told by the puppet masters. Please!!!
This very well could be a ploy--I'm sure there's many on the burner--to assure Obama another term. Left/right, my butt. With the exception of Ron Paul and a few others, "they" work hand-in-hand to further their agendas.

There have already been studies published that Ron Paul has the best chance to beat Obama.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If by American you mean that caricatured version that makes everyone hate us and think we are ignorant then yeah she is more American.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They have no hope against Obama except Ron Paul.

That's the deal.

Run Ron or forget it.

Frater

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tonosama

I prefer Ron Paul for the next election but you may not. You may have another candidate in mind; GREAT!

Research that person and vote for them. It is NOT throwing away your vote to vote for a 3rd party candidate. It is a great way to protest and since voting republican or democrat is voting for more of the same the only legit vote is a 3rd party vote.

Please stop voting for these damn idiots. Please.

My thoughts exactly.

I am also going to call up the repubs and tell them point blank I am voting for AND campaigning for Paul. No I am not a Tea Party member, I am a G.D.I. errrr Independent.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Right. Listen people; the woman is a joke. Even if you remove all of the other painfully obvious reasons she would never be elected, you have the fact that she walked away from her job in Alaska. If she runs, all it guarantees is that Obama would win. Nothing will get Obama's base back out to the polls like Sara Palin. Hell I was planning on giving up voting in this broken system as of this election, but I would postpone throwing in the towel to go to vote against her.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The ticket I want to see is
Herman Cain as Pres.

Ron Paul as V.P.

WHY? Because it is a ticket that I think could very easily win.

My biggest gripe with Cain is that he was Chairman and Member of the Board of Directors for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and he has obviously swallowed the Keynesian Economic Model

However he has pulled himself up by the boot straps and has business savvy in spades something this country desparately needs after being run by a bunch of LAWYERS!

---------------------
Ron Paul will be getting my vote!

Precisely because Cain worked for the Federal Reserve is why I would not vote for him (Herman Cain) under any circumstances!! END THE FED!!! He also says the Fed doesn't need audited. How convenient! He is just more of the same-old, same-old! I do not trust him one iota!

Not to mention, he says Americans should re-read the Constitution, then ends up quoting the Declaration of Independence!! Maybe he should re-read the Constitution:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
She just wants to keep her face in the news. She's just a publicity whore. After she gets embarrassed after the first debate she'll bow out. I think she was getting a little nervous because her celebrity status started to diminish.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

It is quaint when the right wing calls the left wing sexist. Feminism was a hard battle and it was obstructe by a tooth and nail fight by the right wing establishment.

I though the southern Democrats had a big problem with it....

Edit to add: As I recall women were added to the bill by a southern democrat who though it was a sure fire way to kill the bill!!!! (Mom and I followed the events on the radio since it was big news)

LOOKS UP HISTORY......

Actually it looks like this is another case of the Democrats "re-writing" history to make the Republicans look bad. It was the DEMOCRATS WHO WERE AGAINST THE BILL! 54 days of fillibuster by the Democrats.

...Howard W. Smith, a Democrat and avid segregationist from Virginia, indicated his intention to keep the bill bottled up indefinitely.....

...Normally, the bill would have been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Senator James O. Eastland, Democrat from Mississippi. Given Eastland's firm opposition, it seemed impossible that the bill would reach the Senate floor....

The bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964 and the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[6] Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[7]

The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."...

18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.....After 54 days of filibuster, Senators Everett Dirksen (R-IL), Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), Hubert Humphrey (D-MN), and Mike Mansfield (D-MT) introduced a substitute bill that they hoped would attract enough Republican swing votes to end the filibuster

Vote totals

Totals are in "Yea-Nay" format:

By party

The original House version:[12]

* Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[13]

* Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version:[12]

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[12]

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Votes don't matter. The candidates are chosen to make the voting seem legit. Hence the meeting between Bilderberg, Obama, Hillary, and McCain before the '08 election, after which McCain named Palin his running mate, and Hillary decided she needed to cry all the time. Everything is being done to make Obama's next run seem unbeatable, and with the proposed 2012 roster, its looking like most everyone will buy a re-election.
The only person who might be able to pull this off is Ron Paul, and I say this because Bilderberg hates him. The thing is though, they hate him so much it almost seems like they want to announce they hate him, like its a show.
Personally; I'm cautious of both of these men, in the sense that it doesn't matter who wins.

As far as Palin goes. She's so out of the game that she'd be lucky to pull 2% approval. Her only purpose now is to debilitate the Republican "vote".

edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So the rumors about Russia buying up land in Arizona are true.

NAH. It is the Chinese who are buying up the land. www.latimes.com...

The Japanese were buying up cattle ranches in Oklahoma a few years back according to friends living there

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
She may toss her hat in the ring, but I seriously doubt if she'll be "the candidate".

I wish she would be. It would make Obama's campaign sooooo easy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank God! Finally someone to vote for!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Paul's ideology may not be what this country needs for the long haul (next 25-50 years), but he could go a long way to act as a "reset button" on some of the BS we have been putting up with for the last couple decades. If he could succeed at bringing back some of our rights, and reeling in big government and all these wars, then we can bring someone else in after him who has some more modern ideas.

Romney, Palin and the rest of the Bush ere neo-conservatives are more of the same. If you want to continue the policies we had with Bush, and the ones we have today, then by all means keep electing the same corporate-owned robots. If you want this country to change for the better, start thinking outside the box, and beyond just one single president.

We can't afford to keep being "short term memory America" anymore. Other older and wiser countries make 100+ year policy plans, while we can barely remember what happened six months ago here, let alone 4-8 years of a presidential term.

I don't know who I am voting for yet, but it won't be any of the twits who are currently making up the (R) field, or any of the ones who may be announcing soon such as Romney or (laugh) Palin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The fact that this woman still has any relevance at all in our political arena is outrageous.

But this is just a poll. They can put anything in these polls they want.

Have YOU ever been polled?

I haven't.....

Polls are a bunch of b.s.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Saw the headline. Burst out laughing.

Thanks.

Made my day, I was feeling a little down, that was a real pick-me-up bought of laughter, I needed that, thanks again much appreciated.

NAM

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join