It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake in the garden of Eden - was it really a Reptilian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by slayer90

Good point, why wasn't she surprised that an animal spoke to her, unless as I suspect the term 'serpent' actually means a learned man. But I was thinking all animals communicate within their species and if we were apes that had an adjustment to our dna as many seem to think, perhaps part of us use to communicate through the animal side of our nature, consequently as she had only just been 'created', she still could communicate both verbally and animalistically. Who knows? We must have had different means of communication before language developed anyway.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I have a question for you.

We say that Jesus is Gods only begotten son, because that is what our scripture tells us. What is your opinion that Jesus tels us that we are all Gods children?

I feel that there is a conflict in our scripture compare to what Jesus is saying. The reason for that is, we humans created religious scripture long before Jesus was born.

My belief and its likely to get me flamed.. but such is life..
is that we are all the children of god, so jesus is our brother, that means in my mind that we have the same ability's to be like jesus , but due to karma and free will we have imposed limits on ourselves, because we haven't reached the same enlightenment as him so to stop us doing something stupid like blowing up the universe, we are limited.
i once saw a drawing in a church of jesus pulling children out of the flowing river saving them i ask someone where they saw them selves in that picture, they said why im one of the people lost in the waters, and jesus is my Saviour, why what do you see?
I said, well i see my self standing on the rocks along side jesus, helping pull them out..
he just said "Oh, i hadnt thought of that" and walked off...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
reply to post by slayer90

Good point, why wasn't she surprised that an animal spoke to her, unless as I suspect the term 'serpent' actually means a learned man. But I was thinking all animals communicate within their species and if we were apes that had an adjustment to our dna as many seem to think, perhaps part of us use to communicate through the animal side of our nature, consequently as she had only just been 'created', she still could communicate both verbally and animalistically. Who knows? We must have had different means of communication before language developed anyway.

I think its more realistic if you dont think about verbal communication, but rather what Eve observed. If Eve observed a different creature eating the fruit maybe she got the idea that she could eat it too. There are a lot of things that we can not eat, but other creatures can.

Personally i dont think Adam and Eve could express them selves properly or as sophisticated as we would like to think. How did they learn to talk specifics?

I always tell my self that the Bible is a inspiration, not observed facts.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pygmaeus

My vision of utopia is for all religion to be eliminated. I'm all for keeping them as classical literature, but belief in the supernatural is pretty ridiculous. Obviously I'm not a very kind and respectful person when it comes to other's religious beliefs but for me it's like someone is claiming they know Santa Claus is real.

The following is not what I "believe" nor is it an account of "events". I admit science doesn't have all of the answers but then again it's not supposed to. The point of science is to explain, not to inherently know. We will eventually know, but for now... Lawrence Krauss

edit on 5/16/2011 by pygmaeus because: (no reason given)

thats fine, while you might not have respect for their beliefs, but i for one respect yours.. but deep down part of you cries out for the answers, or you wouldn't be here having this talk with me would you ?
I believe the universe came from nothing. its part of the chaos theory of creation.. the real question open to debate for me is the order of events, is time linear or is there just the moment? are we all just different manifestations of one mind and are alone here , talking to ourselves.. so my questions i seek answers too, are far beyond what many others want to know.. i mean how would you feel if every body here was just you in a slightly different form... living an eternity without anyone else... now thats what i believe it must feel like to be a god.. so we would choose to forget things along the way, just to make it more fun, you for example, you choose to forget where you came from, thats not wrong, just different, and thats why i could never disrespect you, your just me.. we are all the same just at slightly different times and places, spread though eternity, just having fun.
so enjoy the ride, its all we have at the moment

edit on 16-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I can't flame you when you reply with a answer like that

I think you have a grip on this.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pygmaeus

Not the case for me, before I had any actual proof I beilived because I wanted to, it made sense to me in my nature, I was strongly bonded into it. My personal beilif was due to the fact on how thing evolved around me as a main factor, what I saw in nature, as in the laws of nature, and as I said religion came second.

edit on 16-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The OP mentioned Sitchin. Are you familiar with his work? Keeping in reference with the OP, the snake was most likely the charachter ENKI, the brother of ENLIL, sons of EA.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Actually the only reason why I'm here is because a friend of mine likes to tell chem trailers that they're full of #. I'm an anthropology major so I like to tell creationists they're wrong on top of telling chem trailers they're full of #.

Time isn't linear, we just perceive it that way.

There is no collective consciousness, we share similar minds but our experiences are very much individual and in the end they do more to influence the workings of our mind than the basic framework we're born with.

You're not that unique really, loads of rational people have asked and more or less answered those questions already.

No, you see dude, we're all just poop hiding plant wearing animals. Our mind is awesome, no lie. But when people take that and start running with it, they come up with crazy ideas like there is an extra physical manifestation of the electrical impulses that make up the consciousness. I will concede that we are more similar to each other than we are different, but those differences are many while the similarities are much greater still.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Don't confuse your "nature" with notions you adopted as your own. Natural laws huh? So why are you trying to explain the natural with something that is not?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You two come from an indoctrinated school of thinking. You are no one. You have been told what to think and what to believe. You are as original as cardboard.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

And now a third party comes and says that everyone is actually ignorant of reality and they're repeating what they've been told. They must be right because they sound cool! Grow up bro.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thank you,

its the differences that make it more fun, i wouldn't want to change you out of respect for your belief in science.
after all if we all thought the same it would be pretty boring...

and on that note i think we can agree to disagree. and as a man of science you know that no answer is a proof, as you can not prove something, because someone may come along one day and disprove it.. first rule of science i learnt in grade school

so while many have answered these questions before me, it comes from their understanding of the universe, their perspective, which shouldnt negate me from having the same chance to learn like they did, not just by reading and taking something as fact, but taking the time to create my own reality..
welcome to the matrix..
oh and can i call you pongo ?
(if we cant laugh at ourselves whats the point?)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You and your friend are pathetic... "hey dude, let's go pick on the dummies at ATS that don't believe the stuff we've been taught in our indoctrinations at college, hehe". You're trying to be intellectual bullies... Why don't you guys do something less geeky and go try and meet some ladies.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Because I'm off for the summer and only working on the weekends. Why not exercise my ability to squash ignorance?

I'm perfectly happy with what I'm doing. I don't like to say this because I feel it takes away from it's legitimacy, but I literally don't care what you say. lol

I never agree to disagree, but I will this time. And you may call me Pongo. lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
the snake is th fallen angel lucifer any time any person(spirit) comes to you with a lie or is deciving it is lucifer he was a lieing snake from the begining and still is JESUS REBUKED the teachers of the law and called them snakes and vipers all the time becuse he knew they had lucifers spirit in them when you recive GODS HOLY SPIRIT it changes you and you stop lieing and deciving people but most christians and catholics are religon filled instead of spirit filled like JESUS so they go around like wolves in sheep clothing doing lucifers work acting like snakes in the garden and representing their father lucifer deceving people into thinking they are GODS children when they are that snakes children, but YAHWEHS CHOOSEN children who have been sealed with his HOLY SPIRIT will expose them for the snakes that they are in their synoguges of satan (churches) with pastor costumes on slithering around the adams and eves of 2011 THE LIGHT HAS COME AND THE SONS OF GOD ARE BEING REVIELD (MALE AND FEMALE) AND WE ARE JUST LIKE JESUS THE FIRST BORN OF MANT BRETHEREN GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
From The Apocrypha
The First Book of Adam and Eve

Not the true word of God but an Interesting read.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
YOUR FATHER LUCIFER HAS GREATLY DECIVED YOU WITH THIS DOCTRIN OF DEMONS!!! MY FATHER YAHWEH DOES KILL MAN ,WOMAN, AND, CHILDREN BECAUSE HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR FLESH(body) HE CARES THAT THE EVIL SPIRIT LIVING INSIDE OF YOU WILL KEEP DOING THE WORK OF SATAN AND DECIVE MORE OF HIS CHILDREN SO BEFORE JESUS SHOWED UP HE WIPED OUT ALL EVIL FLESH THAT WAS CORRUPTED WITH EVIL SPIRITS, LUCKY FOR YOU, YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO REPENT BECAUSE YAHWEH LOVED YOU ENOUGH TO WRAP SOME FLESH AROUND HIMSELF AND TAKE ALL OF OUR SINNS AWAY OR ELSE THIS WORLD WOULD BE JUST LIKE THE TIMES OF NOAH WHEN THE FALLEN ANGELS HAD TAKEN WOMAN AND ALL FLESH WAS EVIL FILLED KIND OF LIKE TODAY EXCEPT FOR YAHWEHS FEW ELECT THAT HAVE BEEN SEALED WITH HIS SPIRIT, MOST OF MANKIND IS ABOUT TO BE WPED OUT ONCE AGAIN EVEN THOUGH JESUS WAS SACRFICED IT WAS IN VEIN BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WONT TURN AND REPENT!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The Sumerian Tablets Genesis of our solar system and human kind ARE the Origins of the Biblical Genesis. The Herbrew left Sumer with the first few books of their Torah, which became Genesis in the Bible, so we know the Sumerian history is a massively detailed version of the patheticall revised and heavily edited one that appears in Bibles today.

So, based on this knowledge we can then read about the Alien Visitor "Gods" who created/manufactured the human "form". We find that two were involved in this work.. NK (Enki) and his sister Nin-Hursag.. known in latter times under different names like Isis, Ninurta, etc. And we find Enki had an older brother (NL.Enlil) who was born from his father's concubine while Enki was born of his Father's wife and was thus the Heir to his Father's "Kingdom".

We also find that Enlil hated his little brother because of this, and he was always trying to find ways to get the younger son into some serious trouble.. enough to cause him to lose the Heirship. And this did happen when he forced Enki to swear an oath not to tell the "Adamma".. that's the Model of the succesful Worker they manufactured... Homo Sapien Sapien.. Us.

But Enki loved his "children" and hated to think of them being wiped out, so he told a human (Utnapishtim.. NOAH) about the coming destruction from tidal wave/Tsunami. He broke his Oath and lost his Heirship to the older brother who hated us humans with a severe vengeance.

So the older brother Enlil now set about eradicating the memory of the One who Loved us and replacing it with the concept of Enki being the Bad One.. the "Evil One". He used half of the symbol on the House of Life in Africa.. the Caduceus we all know from medical circles.. so half that symbol is a Snake on a Pole/Staff/Branch.

This new symbol now meant Enki.... he was the Snake in the E.Din (The First Place). And it is interesting to note here how Enki told the Humans that God Lied to them.. and he was correct because his hate-filled older brother did LIE to us Humans.

Now that Enlil was the supreme governer of this world he let his true colors be shown..... just like the Biblical God of Genesis, Enlil was Filled with hatred for humans, demanded worship from them, was bloodthirsty and Veangeful as well as being easily angered and highly Egotistical to say the least.

So, the Snake in the "Garden of Eden" fable is really the one "God" who loved us and who manufactured us via a long drawn out process of DNA experimentation. He was never the Evil One as Enlil has forced us all to remember/think.

Funny too how Religious Followers do not accept that fact that their Biblical God is an Alien Visitor to our world, and that he was/is a ruthlessly Egotistical piece of work.. certainly not worth ever giving Worship too.

Must say too that this is not the same "God" Jeshua spoke about when referring to his "Father"... a much more Loving and Sincere spiritual force than the physcial God of Genesis.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You will be surprised by this...

The Snake and The Apple

Linked to a modern corporation

...dun dun dun

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join