It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Christ may already have returned in human form and may be living among us ....somewhere...it is just a thought.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria

EDIT: I can't believe people threw away their jobs for this stuff. I cannot imagine how Dec 20th 2012 will be.
edit on 5/9/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

im guessing...no wait prophesying that on dec 20 2012 there will be alot of drug overdoses....alot

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Mathew 24:36

"But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only."

I doubt it is an accurate prediction..
edit on 9-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

could you keep a secret if i told you it's me

dont you tell or so help me father i will spank you all the way to hell

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
all religion is designed to muddy the watter.

you need what jesus said,. a relationship with him.

john 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

you dont need a trinket,

you dont need to sit in a crumbling building like a church

you dont need to do anything but admit your a sinner and that jesus died for your sins, in your heart, he will change you you will be a new creature born again. he will re build you.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
According to this video, Harold Camping, the man who is predicting this, has spend around $3 million advertising this thing. Hoaxers usually scam people out of their money, not spend millions of dollars themselves just for a good laugh at the expense of others. It could just be that he's gone senile in his old age and he really believes it, but if that's true, I feel sorry for him.

The reason for that amount of money being spent is because of the athiests groups counter advertising. The video you posted is more of a debunk for Harold Camping, not supporting him. He predicted the end times once before, back in the 90s...

Oh, and to answer the question... invite him inside for a beer and ask what the heck took him/her so long...

His track record isnt all that impressive.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Christ is coming on May 21, 2011. I'm terribly sorry to say that if you don't believe it, then it's just because God hasn't opened your spiritual eyes, and you will be left behind. Only the true believers will go with Him to escape the wrath of God that is coming on that day. Clearly the bible predicted exactly what you are saying! "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation". And also this, "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruc­tion cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in dark­ness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
This may not be a popular reply, or excepted well...there is no Jesus Christ. He is opposite of what his Father said...I'll take my chances that I'm wrong. I have a hard enough time believing in a god, let alone the "son" who contradicted everything his "Heavenly Father" said.

Christians celebrate Christmas (look up the origins). They celebrate Easter (again, look up the origins)..Good Friday-repeat...Your Bible you mis-read. If you want to follow the "Bible"..do what it is says. The Bible says "god does not change"..yet after the New Testament, he Changed. WTH? How god can change in the middle of the "book" from one thing to another...doesn't any one question that?

All gods word (that does not change) was changed by the son??? So all of a sudden he changed the goal posts? Are you serious?

To me Christianity is the biggest lie there is. They are the ones who "follow" yet will the be the ones cast into the lake of fire (if there is one). They are following the son, with out understanding, and think they are on the right path...I think NOT!

Not to mention that the very foundation of the original sin is based on a lie:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.""

They ate from the tree and they didn't die. They weren't killed.

Not only that. They were naked and God created them that way. Then they ate and covered up. And God became quite irate and threw them out.

So they were naked and God liked them. He liked them naked. Now we have to condemn nakedness. But surely that is against what God likes?

Do the christians actually READ the bible?

Edit:
To answer the question asked by OP.
If Christ returned he would be accused of blasfemi and locked away.

edit on 9.5.2011 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Duskangels

You should read my post above.. then open your bible... and then wallow in the disappointment that no one knows (except god) when it will happen.

And then after this is done, you should rightfully scold yourself for such arrogance.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am really worried about this - my birthday is on the 22nd

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Everyone who does not have their spiritual eyes open will not see this verse and what God really ment. Please. Listen carefully. Mark 13:32 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, niether the son, but the Father." In the original greek (which is directly from the lips of God) the word "Son" is NOT CAPITALIZED. It was made that way when it was translated into english. Please....Please. Listen to what you are saying. If you say that Christ didn't know the day or hour then you are saying that He is not eternal God. Jesus said that "I and the Father are one"!. Christ did know the day and hour. The word son must have ment either satan (who is the son of perdition) or mankind. It could not have ment JESUS THE "SON" of GOD.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

According to this video, Harold Camping, the man who is predicting this, has spend around $3 million advertising this thing. Hoaxers usually scam people out of their money, not spend millions of dollars themselves just for a good laugh at the expense of others. It could just be that he's gone senile in his old age and he really believes it, but if that's true, I feel sorry for him.

It's funny because when I heard of his corrected date of the rapture and how it is absolutely going to happen, I couldn't help but call Family Radio.

I asked them if they could send me the cash that they will not be needing because they are all going to disapear anyway. I asked for Camping's properties and told them what their current assets amount to. It's public information.

I said that you guys will certainly not be needing that kind of money and wouldn't it be nice to send it to me or perhaps to some organization that really needs it.

I was told that I shouldn't be concerned with that and got hung up on. I really thought they would see the logic in what I was saying. I guess not. I did though send them an e mail asking for some of their vast amounts of cash too. You know, because everyone else who believes this guy is doing the same. Only their donating it to him.

Yes, their donation portal is still open and ready to receive your much needed donation. I find it strange that they would still be accepting donations seeing as how they will all be disappearing soon.

edit on 9-5-2011 by jackflap because: grammar

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Duskangels

Yes yes but are you including Harold Camping in the trinity?!

I sure hope not... and hopefully since you don't he has no clue when!

He is far from god my friend.

And since we are on the subject.. In the English language the word "son" is not a proper noun therefore is not capitalized. However the word Jesus being a proper noun would be capitalized.... It's not a sign of disrespect.. it's just grammar...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by terilynn

Pure gibberish. What if I told you that the "serpent" in the garden was really Adam's ding-dong? Man is the original destroyer. The story you believe in is a Jewish inversion of the truth designed to make you hate women and blame the problems of the world on them.

The problem with the old testament isn't that it's pure mythology. It's that compared to other mythologies, it's not even particularly interesting or creative.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel
im guessing...no wait prophesying that on dec 20 2012 there will be alot of drug overdoses....alot

Really not funny if you think about it.

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder where they are getting 5 months from or 150 days? The time of Jacobs trouble the last half of the tribulation is to last 1,260 days during this time we will see the two witness.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Every generation has had it's "doomsday". When Jesus was in the garden, he prayed "I pray NOT that thou shouldest TAKE THEM OUT OF THE WORLD, but that thou should keep them from evil." John 17:15, If Jesus asked NOT to take us OUT, we aren't going!

I walked away from fundamentalist christianity a long time ago because of false teachings. The Bible teaches a great falling away, and if you are a religious person, it may be better for you to be prepared to meet your Jesus, instead of worrying about a "rapture" that isn't going to happen.

Now, what if on May 21st, 2011, Christ does return? I believe that your Christ would say to those who profess to be christians "I knew you not". Christianity as I see practiced today doesn't even come close to the teachings of Christ. In fact, Jesus never referred to his followers as "christians". They were called "disciples". I think Christ would once again, weep, upon his return to this world.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

The wages of sin are death. In Adam and Eves purest forms they knew not of evil. They had no knowledge of it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Well, you know what they say: "You have to spend money to make money"

Maybe the $3 million he's spent on advertising this thing has already paid itself off with the droves of believers hopping on his bandwagon.

Just a hunch...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
Christ is coming on May 21, 2011. I'm terribly sorry to say that if you don't believe it, then it's just because God hasn't opened your spiritual eyes, and you will be left behind. Only the true believers will go with Him to escape the wrath of God that is coming on that day. Clearly the bible predicted exactly what you are saying! "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation". And also this, "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruc­tion cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in dark­ness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

so can you point me to the scriptures that say this.

because i have several translations and i dont see 21st of may in any of them.

i do know jesus him self did not know the day or hour, nor no man.

mat 24 :36

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

so unless your claiming to be god , the father i think you are wrong.

i would be testing the spirits you have in your "spiritual eyes"

1 jon 4 :1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

i think the scriptures speak for them selfs. im sorry to say but any date setting is the doctrine of demons

timothy 4:1 clearly states this

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

edit on 9-5-2011 by jericanman because: put mat 24:6 when it's ment to be 36 opps

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join