It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If by "Christ" we consider the possibility of God-consciousness and the "spirit of the universe" as the love of God expressed through the brotherhood of man, then "he" can't come soon enough. The amount of hatred being spewed, especially in relation to Godly things such as the love of God through the person of Jesus Christ is becoming intollerable. I don't even need to read this thread to imagine what some people have to say about "Christ". The degree of ignorance and outright hatred in relation to such things is beyond the pale. It's as if after all these years, we've not only learned nothing at all, but are quickly becoming degenerates and are devolving from what the human being was created to be, and to become.

edit on 9-5-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well Think about it. If he was Gods son before Jesus was born i would guess he would come backt trough human form. But then i think the bible says something else.
BUT. If there is a Jesus on the sky that you'll see on any tv screens i would be very sceptical. What if it actually is totally oposite or a hoax.

Some how i feel the human kind has only one way to find a connection to eachother that would get us to the next level. But this would have to be a catastrophe so great it affects us all equally , because this is the time we seem to forget our differences and work together.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Watch as my paranoid country tries to blow the "UFO" out of the sky and laugh when they fail miserably. Then I will die of shock when people start randomly floating upwards.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
No one will be able to point in any particular direction and say "there, there he is"..

It is fundamentalist literalist foolishness to think of a God-man in the sky flying in to scare the living # out of everyone, that's not even congruent with what Jesus himself is purported to have said about his "return".

These things all point to spiritual truths, they are not to be taken literally within a materialist temporal frame of reference, just how stupid can we be?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is not a real person. He was a made up Figure used to control the masses. It was the first epic step in global domination set in motion by the ancient "great gods'', ie, the Lizard race that controls us today!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I agree with you there to be honest, I have the issues with Jesus too
2nd line

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Savorrow

Yeah, whatever you say. You know more than all the scholars combined. Thanks for your astute analysis.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Bible says that we cannot know the day or hour when Jesus returns, but it also says that we CAN know when that time draws near.

The signs that the Bible says to look for are happening all around us for those who really desire to know God and do His will.

Yes, there have always been earthquakes, floods, famines, etc. but they have NEVER all come together like they are coming together at the same time in history like they are today.

Not only are there the signs in nature but coming together with those, are the signs in the geo-political situations.

The problems the islamic religion is causing in the world is one of the major signs.

For a moment, just imagine if there were no conflicts caused by islamists anywhere in the world, how peaceful the world would be.

The Bible says that in the end times, Jerusalem will be hung like an anchor around the neck of the world.

The islamists claim that is the driving force behind their hatred of the rest of the world. They want Jerusalem.

They don't want peace with Israel. They just want there to be no more Israel at all.

I would not worry about what if the rapture happens on May 21st. I would be more worried about May 10th.

You should live every day for God and expect His return at any time, even if you live to be 100.

Luke 12:40 - "Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
According to this video, Harold Camping, the man who is predicting this, has spend around $3 million advertising this thing. Hoaxers usually scam people out of their money, not spend millions of dollars themselves just for a good laugh at the expense of others. It could just be that he's gone senile in his old age and he really believes it, but if that's true, I feel sorry for him.

Speculate to Accumulate?

I'm still going with the Math and the Maya on any occurance this year...31st May to 10 Aug and anytime 17 days after the 4th Oct Good Times supposedly. Anything else I havent had the heads up for.

edit on 9-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
Christ is coming on May 21, 2011. I'm terribly sorry to say that if you don't believe it, then it's just because God hasn't opened your spiritual eyes, and you will be left behind. Only the true believers will go with Him to escape the wrath of God that is coming on that day. Clearly the bible predicted exactly what you are saying! "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation". And also this, "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruc­tion cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in dark­ness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Today is May 9th, the 21st is in twelve days. I'll meet you here on the 22nd and we'll see who's eyes are open. Okay?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of a Six Feet Under episode about the Rapture. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time.
Watch it if you are not offended by jokes related to the rapture. There's one cuss word in the beginning so cover your ears.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Funny how people have no problem degrading Jesus but would never have the guts to do the same to Mohammed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

I'll drop to his feet and wash them with my hair. It worked for the whore.

Somehow I doubt you would.

link   
So the whole "Thessalonians 5:2-4 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night" is encrypted code for May 21, 2011?

If he comes to America he better have his long form BC and packing heat.
edit on 9-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

link   
No man knows the hour when Christ will return. We have seen signs for decades - but like the Bible talks about "birth pains" those signs seem to be increasing - daily.

Do I think it will happen on May 21st - certainly I don't think so ... although it could happen ANY day. We just won't know when.

Camping or whatever his name is - is a lunatic in my opinion. False Prophet may be a better word for him - and its people like him that give Christianity a "bad name" for those who don't believe. Sad....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
There has to be a reason for everything. All of these earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, fish deaths, and other events in correlation with the timings of the birth certificate release, the royal wedding, and Osama's death all have to mean something. If you look back in history at the Illuminati's actions, they always put a lot of meaning and symbolism behind them. This stupid May 21st date has such little evidence behind it that its believers look like mindless sheep. "This is it, there will be no May 22nd for us who are within Christ. You will all know soon enough." Sure, doomsday predictions have went viral on the Internet in the past, but I'm seeing people in my own local community quitting their 9-5, 40-hour per week jobs (in an economy this poor, I can hardly fathom the idea), moving their families somewhere in the mountains, and waiting for the date to come. With people taking it so seriously and it getting so much advertising (where are they getting the money for all of this?), I have to question: Why?

It's obvious that this is not the Rapture. It directly states in the Bible that you cannot predict when it's going to happen, so it leaves me thinking that this might be some sort of staged event.

All I know is that random coincidences only go so far.

Well I think anyone who IS moving to the mountains need to reevaluate where they'e putting their true faith. The Bible specifically says that [people] they will be called to the seas and called to the mountains, but Christ knows where you are and will come to you. There is no need to go anywhere; because His return cannot be predicted by anyone and when He arrives the world will know it all at once. Anything cloaked in mystery and political drama and bull# is false. Period. The Bible is basically a [soul] survival guide for the end times if you read it correctly. I'm staying put because I know I have led a good 25 year life and I have always put my faith, family, and love in Him who knows me best.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

ok man...i love Christ. seriously. i'm a true believer. ok. so...get ready...that was fu¢xing hilarious. just like the visual aid joke..."why did the ladies love jesus?...because he was hung like this" (as you spread your arms apart).

there's also a funny song similar to this.

edit on 5/9/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well, what a lot of bunk!

I am a believer. But, nowhere in scripture will you find this word "rapture". This heresy was formulated about 200 years ago and over time made a part of the teaching by most Christian denominatons. It cannot be substantiated. The scriptures tell us that many saints will die during the tribulation period. How can that be if they are "raptured"?

The OP is quite correct to point out the scriptures tell us "no man knoweth the day or the hour in which the son of man shall come..." Those who set dates are frauds pure and simple...even if they are old and seem wise.

One thing could happen though. We are told in scriptures that a "Great Deception" will come in the end-times. This deception will be so great that even some of "the elect" could be deceived. Some have speculated this deception could come in the form of a hologram image projected in the sky, which would simulate a rapture.

Bottom line is this:

There is only one Second Coming

That second comming will be to wage war on the evil that inhabits the Earth at the end of the tribulation period.
No rapture.
edit on 9-5-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

God did not change, he did however use jesus to die for our sins and give us the chance to be in gods kingdom, and he used jesus to show us that we are able to follow god through love, rather than so many convoluted rules. At the time, the jews were being pedantic about following gods commandments and washing past your elbow yet forgetting common decency and love to your fellow man. Jesus just showed that what was inside your heart was more important to what was outside.

However i agree with you that christmas and the easter involving rabbits and eggs are pagan traditions, and should not be observed, except for christ's memorial.

Of course christ wont return on may 21st, armageddon can not be foretold, it will come as a thief in the night.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Caleb.K because: spelling.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join