It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
reply to post by AdmiralObamaGFOL

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you, Jesus is the son of God, and there is no hell. You too are following "man's religion" because the hellfire and trinity doctrines are pagan in origin. They are not the work of a loving creator, no loving God would create a person just to eternally torment them. Yes i agree we have the chance to live in everlasting life, or die. That's the choice. Either you die and are conscious of nothing or you get to live in peace and happiness in eternity.

(However i do agree that the person you were replying to was also incorrect)
edit on 9-5-2011 by Caleb.K because: edit

The Bible talks of Hell.

Jesus Himself talked of Hell.

If there is no Hell and everyone gets to Heaven, then God sent Jesus to die for nothing.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Pigs will grow wings and fly before fairytales come true..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Then people will worship pigs.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lmaoooo.

On may22 i'll be on here , middle fingers up.

BOOM!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Religion is man-made.

God is God. The Bible is His guide to us for life.

Do not confuse the two.

Oh, got it now! There are no religions. There is only the one true God. Tell me this then. How do I praise him in a manner befitting his benevolence without practicing his teachings? Practicing the teachings of anyone is a religion. Or a cult. Either way, its an organized belief in a higher power than yourself.

Anyways, did not man decide which books of the bible we should believe? So why isn't the bible man made like religion is man made? Cause I can tell you right now. There are other books of the bible just as old as the stuff they allow us to read. Why aren't those canonized?

The first book of Adam and Eve reads like a sadistic nightmare. Adam kept killing himself and God kept bringing him back to life. Adam killed hiself like 6 times and every time God brought him back.

That sounds like torture to me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I know right, some of them don't even understand how spiteful and ugly they really are.
edit on 9-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

I thought the bible said to turn the other cheek? Oh wait, it also says and eye for an eye. Oh wait, it also says vengence is mine said the Lord. Oh wait, it also says spare the rod spoil the child.

Many more contradictions in the bible...

Biblical Contradictions

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

Rational argument with the religious just doesn't work. Religion is not rational by its very nature, of course they will have an answer to everything based on some interpretation of a bible passage or a statement something like "If you believed in god you would know". Of course I would, because then I would be just as crazy.

Religion is a NEGATIVE influence on the world praised by people who can't manage their emotions and accept reality as it is, they need a crutch.

What is the justification for spending massive amounts of money and resources to support a mental illness. Should we all succumb to violence and poverty because people want to believe in fairy tales?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
God does not torture people. There is this thing called justice that most people do not recognize because it has become corrupted by people.

But he allows us to torture each other? What exactly is the difference? He knew Bush and Cheney were going to torture people. Why didn't he stop that?

Maybe he just likes to watch huh?

We can go back and forth but man's sin is his sin also. He may of died for our sins but we are also dying for his sins.

You are right. People have been going around and around for a long time about this whole subject.

The best explanation I have is that we cannot understand where God is "coming from" because we cannot understand His "dimension", so to speak.

It is the same as if there were people living in a two dimensional world that could not comprehend us living in 3 dimensions. If you represent the 2 dimensional people as small circles of paper on a tabletop, "Flatland", all they know is left and right. They know nothing of "up". We can enter their dimension by putting a fingertip on the tabletop. They will see us as they see themselves, a small circle. But they have no concept of up. They don't realize how much more there is to "us" than a small fingertip.

As far as the importance we place in events that happen to us on earth, I try to equate it to a relationship between and parent and a child.

To a child, their world is very small but is very important because that is all they have ever known. They think we are horrible parents because we make them go to school, brush their teeth, take baths, etc.

We as the parent know how insignificant those things are in the grand scheme of things.

But to the child there are very important and very upsetting.

I think once we get to Heaven, we will see how this life on earth pales compared to eternity

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Sure, doomsday predictions have went viral on the Internet in the past, but I'm seeing people in my own local community quitting their 9-5, 40-hour per week jobs (in an economy this poor, I can hardly fathom the idea).

lol...I predict a jump in the unemployment rate....

Christians are taught from day one "no one knows the day or the hour." Yet these people quit their job? I'll take their jobs, I need some extra money.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Then God, merciful and gracious, looked at them thus lying in the water, and close to death, and sent an angel, who brought them out of the water, and laid them on the seashore as dead.

Then the angel went up to God, was welcome, and said, "O God, Your creatures have breathed their last."

Then God sent His Word to Adam and Eve, who raised them from their death.

And Adam said, after he was raised, "O God, while we were in the garden we did not require, or care for this water; but since we came to this land we cannot do without it."

First book of Adam and Eve -Jason Returns.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look within for the 2nd Coming of Christ within the Heart Chamber. Do it now, not May 21.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Then God, merciful and gracious, looked at them thus lying in the water, and close to death, and sent an angel, who brought them out of the water, and laid them on the seashore as dead.

Then the angel went up to God, was welcome, and said, "O God, Your creatures have breathed their last."

Then God sent His Word to Adam and Eve, who raised them from their death.

And Adam said, after he was raised, "O God, while we were in the garden we did not require, or care for this water; but since we came to this land we cannot do without it."

First book of Adam and Eve -Jason Returns.

LOL!

I will take my Bible the way it has been presented for thousands of years without the "added extras" that have "miraculously appeared in the recent past.

I believe those "books" are just more proof of another attack on God and the Bible by satan in the last days.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If Christ returned he'd probably go straight to the nearest bar to get drunk after seeing what his crazy-assed followers have done to his message.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just don't understand what he is trying to prove. You got billionaires who never go to church or mention God's name BUT you have criminals who go to church every sunday in jail.

I just don't get! It doesn't make any sense!

I'd rather burn in hell for enternity if I could live like a king for 90 years or so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
reply to post by SonicInfinity

He won't, but if he does, it will either unite us, (which is at a long shot, which would still cause fights between religion and Athiests) OR It will ignite a world war.

Best case scenario, world war

Jamie.

Hi PandaPJ:

I don't know this to be the case, but it seems that you do not have a complete understanding of what an atheist is.

An atheist does not hate or dislike the persona of Jesus, god, whatever (well, they may, but it is not strictly connected to their atheism). So the idea that atheists, when presented with the so-called second-coming of Jesus would be interested in battling against him and his minions is invalid. An atheist's position relates to availability of evidence, not hatred, or other degrees of liability, of a deity or people who wish to follow a deity.

An atheist indicates he or she possesses no evidence for a deity. How can one oppose a deity if one does not believe said deity exists? 'Tis an exercise in futility.

An atheist, by definition, is someone who lacks a belief in a deity or deities. Were the mythical Jesus to actually descend and emphasize his existence in some sort of Studio 54ish production number, even when chocked full of smoke effects, colorful lights and dramatic sound, the atheist would instantly and involuntarily cease to be an atheist. Because, at this point (and assuming JC is good at doing what he does), he would have proved his existence - the atheist would have evidence for at least one deity and the atheist would automatically be transformed into a deist.

To other people who give this silly charlatan any credibility, I decree that you reject him and accept my proclamation that the world is not going to end until 2015, with accompaniment by disclosure and the real second-coming.

No one should have any issue with my credibility. I am a better person than this dude, I guarantee. If you do not believe so, please indicate to me what his qualifications are. Surely you are aware of what they are that you would allow him to have any influence on you whatsoever.

If you're having trouble with my prophecy, perhaps I will contemplate issuing it in the format of a YouTube video (better yet, a tweet). Surely that would help you to digest, accept and reflect upon my testament.

Also, use your brain and stop being a sucker.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

hi coco. even though you say you dont believe in Jesus, you are saying-doing-acting as He wants us to be. Good persons, try to do our best, try to do good, avoid evil. Love all the people (meaning that you dont have to make anything bad, but trying to help everyone you can).

If you believe that, you are kind of on a good track. Believe him, hes a all love. Thousands of blessings in your life and to your family!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I just don't understand what he is trying to prove. You got billionaires who never go to church or mention God's name BUT you have criminals who go to church every sunday in jail.

I just don't get! It doesn't make any sense!

I'd rather burn in hell for enternity if I could live like a king for 90 years or so.

Really?

Think about that as reality for a minute, without going for the theatrical, "tough guy" sound of it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Look within for the 2nd Coming of Christ within the Heart Chamber. Do it now, not May 21.

Christ is here...now. i know you know thirdeye but most don't grasp it. they are waiting for a sign or a hippie with a halo to come down.

let him who has ears hear...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
As a Christian, I really don't care. I'm good with it and at peace with God. And if I'm wrong, (which I'm not), and there is no God or Jesus Christ, I'l have lost nothing. But, if I'm right (and I am), you atheists are going to be s*itting yourselves big time. It give me peace of mind just knowing what will come to pass.

Wrong - - we do it for ourselves - our families - and future humans.

Not a reward.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I know right, some of them don't even understand how spiteful and ugly they really are.

I thought the bible said to turn the other cheek? Oh wait, it also says and eye for an eye. Oh wait, it also says vengence is mine said the Lord. Oh wait, it also says spare the rod spoil the child.

Many more contradictions in the bible...

Biblical Contradictions

remember that John, in Revelations said "big insects" etc when describing plagues. Are they really that? no man, they are not contradictions, they are cases which depict different case scenarios: if someone feels the humbleness to take a Bible and read... you will find a cheek, eye for an eye is just to depicts justice because you have to analyze the ACTUAL PASSAGE.

i wish you blessings in your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join