It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geronimo's Great-grandson Reacts (Geronimo was codeword for Osama)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Geronimo's Great-grandson Reacts

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com

The following statement was submitted to the official record of the United States Senate Commission on Indian Affairs Oversight Hearing on “Stolen Identities: The Impact of Racist Stereotypes on Indigenous People,” that took place on Thursday, May 5, 2011, at 2:15 p.m. in Dirksen-628.

Statement from Harlyn Geronimo on behalf of himself and other surviving lineal descendants of the Historic Apache Leader Geronimo
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is a lot of resentment right now among the Native peoples over the use of this code name "Geronimo"

Most people do not know the story of Geronimo his real name was Goyaałé from the Chiricahua language meaning "one who yawns"

if you really want to know the real story click this Hulu link to watch a movie about his life
American Exp PBS

but if you cant or dont have time read this...

During this last campaign, which lasted 18 months, no fewer than 5,000 troops and 500 Indian auxiliaries had been employed in the apprehension of a band of Apaches comprising only 35 men, 8 boys and 101 women, who operated in two countries without bases of supply. Army and civilian losses totaled 95; Mexican losses were heavy, but unknown; Geronimo’s losses were 13 killed, but none from direct U.S. Army action.

Geronimo was not killed and was not captured. After the Chiricahua Band of Apaches were taken from reservations in Arizona Territory and New Mexico to Ft. Marion, Florida, Geronimo and his warriors saw no chance of reuniting with their people except by surrender with the promise that they would be reunited with their tribe.

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I used to be friends with Maude Geronimo in Mescelaro NM. The callousness and unthinking arrogance of tptb is astonishing.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I agree... to equate Geronimo with Osama Bin Laden is an unpardonable slander of Native America and its most famous leader in history. As sensitive as Obama is about people being racist you would think his administration would behave in a way to set an example. Actions speak louder than words Mr. President and your words get meaningless more and more every day.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nice thread, but there was a thread yesterday and the day before. Can you add them in for reference and avoid the mods wrath?
The Lakota Suiox gave Obama the Indian name Black Eagle in 2008 before the elections. What has done for Indians?
Honest question.

link   
I am sorry that people are offended by the use of this word to signify Bin Laden or the mission to kill him. But I'm pretty sure the gov't didn't use it to insult Native Americans.

In fact, they probably named the mission Geronimo to honor the stealth Geronimo showed in evading capture by the US and Mexican forces. I mean, many times the military names our operations things we admire, like Noble Eagle.

link   
I was sad when I heard about the reaction to this. Looks like Indians get offended by any little thing, like Muslims.

Geronimo's Indian relatives should feel honored that the top U.S. target was given his codename. I imagine that Geronimo instilled some terror in early U.S. settlers. If you are an Indian, I guess that would give you some pride.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For the sake of all things P.C. nowadays, I propose that they use a codeword like Kahn, Goldfinger, Blowfeld, or Dr. Evil when they decide to go after the next villain du jour. Gaddhafi and Kahn would be a good match!!

I will agree that there was certainly no ill meaning attached to OBL's code name.

Then again, OBL has been dead since 2001/2002 so this shouldn't matter. I wonder who they really buried at sea?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I will agree that there was certainly no ill meaning attached to OBL's code name.

That is not certain at all. That is no more than your opinion. If you are so certain about this, then prove it. If you have no proof, then don't state your own opinion as if it is a fact.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Nice thread, but there was a thread yesterday and the day before. Can you add them in for reference and avoid the mods wrath?
The Lakota Suiox gave Obama the Indian name Black Eagle in 2008 before the elections. What has done for Indians?
Honest question.

As author of one of those Geronimo related threads here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have no objection.....
to Daddy Bare's posting this information which although related, contains new information about Geronimo's great-grandson reaction to Osama Bin Laden's codename.
As noted/corrected in my thread, the code name for the operation itself was actually "Operation Neptune's Spear", and the code name for Osama Bin Laden was "Geronimo".

The other thread relating to this topic is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
by northstargal52.

edit on 5/6/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I am sorry that people are offended by the use of this word to signify Bin Laden or the mission to kill him. But I'm pretty sure the gov't didn't use it to insult Native Americans.

In fact, they probably named the mission Geronimo to honor the stealth Geronimo showed in evading capture by the US and Mexican forces. I mean, many times the military names our operations things we admire, like Noble Eagle.

I think this is the first time I have read anything you have written that I agree with.

People need to stop being offended so easily.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Americans Indians = Freedom fighters, God bless them all!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is one of those moments where I see beyond the surface and wish to share that insight.

I see that the term Geronimo is related to the Bush cabal. Specially, Prescott Bush, who was credited with stealing the real Geronimo bones and specifically the skull of Geronimo for his "Skull and Bones" occult elitist fraternity that they all to this day belong to.

While the usage and the timing of such a usage of (Code Name Geronimo) comes at a most interesting moment in history, I think is shows the humor that evil and the Bush cabal sometimes display. I will try to briefly explain.

A historic Prescott Bush uses the "bones" of a dead man, Geronimo, to make history while serving the motivations of an occult group of elitist sociopaths in a club called Skull and Bones..

Obama meanwhile is cautiously abiding to the politically will of the rich criminal gang known as the Bush cabal and NWO family of elites. The decision to use Geronimo as the operational code name is very revealing, because It is highly likely a ritualistic usage and "Reverence" to a deceased Bush family member. This current day usage is done to draw on the occult power of that historic success and in turn, it is suppose to ensure success once again in ritualistic ways that many may not be aware of.

In such a way, POTUS Obama is using the dead body and name of Osama Bin Laden to make his mark in history, with the corpse of a dead man and power and influence and control of the media behind him. Sounds like a sick joke, but these NWO ritualistic zealots do things in mirror or backwards terms and so when viewed from a ritualistic point of view, this observation is not so illogical.

In fact, it would be a result of just taking note of history and those events that have already happened to see that this (Code Name Geronimo) is straight from the Bush Cabal side of the Family using their wealth, power, super secret technologies and secret weapons and free energy devices and once again taking a world matter into hand and pulling it off like it was child's play. It is the Bush way of saying to all the nations that they need "them" more than the other way around even if they are based on the Nazi ideologies of WWII.

I am glad that someone from the nations of Indians and others will then see that the intended usage is indeed an affront to the name and heritage of Geronimo that any dead person deserves.

While the usage of such a name denotes a willful use and application into a ritual of design, indeed it says that evil does not rest for one moment. This recent Osama Bin Laden media display is the "Magic" trick of the decade since 911, so it does not surprise anyone who keeps up with the dots to see that this whole Geronimo usage was intentional and with undertones not understood by the common thinking person.

Once you add into this Geronimo news article the Bush, Bones, Skull and Bones, NWO, etc etc will you then begin to see this event as much more than just an affront to someone's name. The last thing that should be mysteriously noted is that this is no coincidence. Not at all.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They could of named it anything in the world but decided to pick a name with significant history to the aboriginal American Indians, history that is shameful to American new comers of the time and hurtful to Apache Indians.

They could of just named it "operation Peppermint" or something stupid like that, no?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by jibeho

That is not certain at all. That is no more than your opinion. If you are so certain about this, then prove it. If you have no proof, then don't state your own opinion as if it is a fact.

Give me a break. Its called optimism and yes its my opinion. Native Americans have long served in the US military many served with great distinction and I will not suggest otherwise unless YOU can prove a derogatory intent. I will admit I would not have chosen Geronimo. I have already listed my suggestions.
www.army.mil...

Thanks for trying to tell me what to say or how to think. Given that, you must be a big fan of this administration.
So, other than addressing my opinion, you have nothing else to say on the topic ? Good job and thanks for stopping by.
edit on 6-5-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by jibeho because: zip

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Obama has been watching too many episodes of loony Toons. The always used the name when something big was about to happen.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's just an insult! An insult to the American Indian nation, to place a heroic Freedom Fighter like Geronimo next to what most of America believes is a Terrorist is pathetic. Personally it makes me heart sick.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm not trying to incite Racism here...
What I am saying is as an Apache myself to equate Goyaałé AKA Geronimo with Osama is an outrage to my people!

Goyaałé was not a war chief as told in popular fiction he was just a man, family man like most of us here at ATS...
what happened was one night while in town trading for goods and supplies with his father when his camp was attacked by a vicious band of Mexican Comancheros... they came looking for women to sell into slavery... his wife, mother and children were killed in that raid...

Goyaałé was trained in the healing arts he was not a warrior... when they returned from their trip and learned what had happened Goyaałé broke down... it is said he spent most of the day crying by the river while others made plans for a reprisal...

That night this small band of red skins attacked the town harboring the villains... a small Mexican army unit was stationed there ....it was they who encountered Goyaałé wrath... Armed only with his knives and grief he tore into the troops killing many men... the solders terrified of the aberration prayed to the patron saint of solders
"Ayúdeme San Geronimo...Ayúdeme San Geronimo"
the name stuck...Geronimo

This was not your cold blooded killer...this was no more than a grief stricken father husband and son... his real purpose in all that he did... was try to keep his family alive and together... something all of us here today would ...

So to equate Geronimo with Osama is an insult beyond measure!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Obviously they also don't get the fact that the word "Geronimo" is also screamed when one jumps out of a plane or, in this case, slides down a rope...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yep... it's always worse to TAKE offense than to give it....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join