It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
SO, it seems to me that that the administration has known for a long time that Osama was holed up in that compound perhaps for years, and then gave the orders to assassinate him when it would make the best possible impact.
Obama's polls were in the toilet, Trump had forced his hand on the birth certificate issue, and a record number of Americans were doubting that Obama was truly a Natural born citizen.
When it looked like things couldn't get worse for Obama he gives the orders to kill Osama.....I guess it is true when they say that "timing is everything".

Now the birthers will be demanding pictures and proof that Osama is really dead.....my guess is that Osama will hold this info back until the birthers have once again dug themselves a hole too deep to crawl out of.....then BAM....the pictures will be released and evidence provided, having the effect of destroying any credibility the birthers once had.

This is just my guess, I have far too often been proved wrong in the past to bet the farm on it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS23
I guess my question is...how long before the troops come home to take on the new enemy...the American public

Inquiring minds want to know

No need to interrupt the soldiers guarding the Afgan poppy fields for the CIA.

We already have enough foreign troops here to subdue the evil Americans and confiscate their guns.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
who will finance some pakistan divers to fetch us the body?
This a good oportunity to donald trump,lol
edit on 2-5-2011 by baraka because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
What I think is that all the members of ATS owe the US Gov a huge debt of thanks.

They just provided enough conspiracy fodder to keep this site active for many, many years.

Personally I try not to take any solice in the death of any Human, however I know there are a lot of people who will now get some degree of closure over past events and may be able to move on with their lives. That is something at least.

Still it will be- interesting- to see how this event morphs.

I have to say I find it somewhat curious that Obama announces reelection and then the long form BC pops out and Osama gets to sleep with the fishes. Great campaign fodder, no?

edit on 2-5-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

I hope people don't need another person to DIE to get closure. That just sounds completely barbaric and inhumane.

link   
My random selection of scattered thoughts...

The US knows that everybody at home will now be demanding that their forces leave Afghanistan. Therefor, they would not have closed the book on Bin Laden unless it suited them. I'm kinda surprised as I thought the US would occupy Afghanistan until Iran was taken care of. I'm assuming that Obama has decided that nothing can be done about Iran now (at least not militarily) so, with elections in mind, he has decided it would be better to get credit for killing OBL and bringing some troops home instead.

Alternatively, maybe they've decided the troops in Afghanistan are going to be needed somewhere else. Libya maybe?

One thing is for sure - there was a motive for "offing" OBL at this time (whether it really happened or not) you can guarantee that. At a guess, with problems in Libya and Syria, the US wants to free up the assets it has in Afghanistan for other potential operations. And Obama gets a nice election boost as part of the deal.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkestHour

Spontaneous crowds rally for joyous patriotic occasion...News headline from here or North Korea? I don't think the crowds were orchestrated, while with twitter it certainly could have, but I think it's enough for the people themselves to do it.

I see the crowds being mostly young who will take any excuse to party.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Dear Mr. President,

Now That Bin Laden is dead I expect a full withdrawal of our troops from Afghanistan and Strategically place them along OUR borders to protect OUR soil. Furthermore, I expect an immediate revoking of the Patriot Act. Anything less is unacceptable.

Aggie Man

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

OBL died but others will rise and take charge and revenge

link   
reply to post by Kram09

1. it doesn't have "OBL hideout" painted on the roof
2. no doubt elements in pakistans isi did know
3. becuase elements within pakistan isi are sympathetic towards OBL
4. Much better to have no ongoing issues regarding OBL. Dead is the only solution.
5. yeah we need some pictures of the corpse
6.. too many ways to be caught out if they're lying.

link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Oh yay...here come the 8000 ATS threads saying he's dead. I'm out.

I think you may have under estimated a little bit L.

link   
Maybe he owns up to not being born an american?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

Spontaneous crowds rally for joyous patriotic occasion...News headline from here or North Korea? I don't think the crowds were orchestrated, while with twitter it certainly could have, but I think it's enough for the people themselves to do it.

I see the crowds being mostly young who will take any excuse to party.

What is patriotism besides another division between humans? I agree that the crowd was looking for an excuse to party, but doesn't that strike you? That they don't really care for the truth, to them, it's all about a nice speech and some "Ra Ra GO America!" horse #.

Or maybe they're celebrating to the millions of lives lost to the wars?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
This is a very timely feather in Obama's cap.

No matter when Osama was killed, people would claim that it's a feather in the president's cap, regardless who that president was. So, to me, this statement means nothing. As it would be made regardless when it happened.

Originally posted by esteay812
I may be completely wrong, but it seems like Pakistan was absolutely helping to hide him.

This is what I think. You think the Pakistan government would want to be known as ratting out Bin Laden? They would be in big trouble if they did. I think they were hiding him (If this story is true, which I'm not weighing in on yet).

This is such strange timing for the release of something that doesn't seem as if it warrants this type of attention, when compared to the other things going on now.

Any time would appear to be strange timing. There's so much happening now, that Bin Laden's death would easily have overshadowed anything in the news. I also think if Obama wanted this to affect his election, he would have waited till next year. THAT would have been the best timing for his election support. This is too early. People will be over this in a couple days.

Anyone having a sketchy feeling about this whole deal, while instead of it easing off as more details come out, it just keeps getting more questionable?

I do have a sketchy feeling about it, but I'm not jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon just yet. Why can't we just be patient and see what comes out?

edit on 5/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
It maybe the end of Osama, but not the end of terrorism that's for sure. Didn't Osama threaten to nuke Europe if he was killed or captured? Well let's just hope he was bluffing. Osama will take his truth to the grave with him now, seems odd to me how quickly his body has been disposed of.

link   

Well, if they needed just one person to die to get closure, I would think the first day of operations in Afghanistan and/or Iraq would have been more than enough.

Obama actually said something to the effect that "There are little children who will never know their father's embrace, Parents who have lost their children, Children who have lost their Parents because of this evil man" ...and the irony is that in the 10 year process of "looking" for him, how many random kids are orphaned? How many parents have lost their children? How are these people to blame? Geography? By extension, I can totally see how the people in Al Qaida can rationalize the deaths of innocent people on 911...both sides of this equation are socially F'd-up and to be honest, I don't see a way out of this sociopathic groupthink.

link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

You are absolutely right!!!! No amount of evidence will ever satisfy the mindless drones that just jump from conspiracy to conspiracy, picking apart every second of every minute, to prove their theory.

If he was brought back alive and put on trial, you would have masses of drones complaining about the amount of money being spent, and the platform for him to speak on...These same drones are now complaining that he isn't going to be on display.

Someone releases an old picture, passing it off as real, now the Govt. is being blamed for this picture.... The Govt. didn't release this picture.. Nor did they claim it was legit.. Regardless, here come the drones, calling this a Govt. conspiracy.. Its rather pathetic actually!

Its a lose lose situation!...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Dear Mr. President,

Now That Bin Laden is dead I expect a full withdrawal of our troops from Afghanistan and Strategically place them along OUR borders to protect OUR soil. Furthermore, I expect an immediate revoking of the Patriot Act. Anything less is unacceptable.

Aggie Man

And leave Afghanistan in ruins, just like you did to Iraq? My mother always taught me to finish what I start. It's kind of pathetic to demand the troops to leave as soon as things start looking grim. Take responsibility for your actions, leaving Afghanistan the easy way is just not that.

Besides, you have chosen to become to world's police officer - a role that cannot simply be given up once things get bad. A decade ago, when things were still relatively normal within US borders, no one screamed for America to give up its roles as police offer.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Maybe so, but it's always important to ask questions.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” – Albert Einstein

link   

Originally posted by baraka
reply to post by Aggie Man

OBL died but others will rise and take charge and revenge

And when those other are dead, then there will be others again...and again...and again...

OBL was a larger than life icon to the terrorist cause. I'm not certain that another will rise to his level of leadership in my lifetime. However, I am certain that plots to attack will always be in the works. But, I am also certain that we can't afford to continue fighting terrorism abroad with our military resources.

How about instead of assuming the worst and keeping our troops and the Patriot Act in place...let's simply have a POTUS that acknowledges intelligence reports and heightens security when that intelligence tells the POTUS that an attack is imminent.

link   
Okay, so I have to say that what I clearly remember hearing on CNN last nite was that they did do DNA testing on Bin Laden, but now they are saying they did facial profiling and are in the process of doing DNA testing. Just clearing up what I wrote on this forum earlier.

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join