It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well I thought the whole thing was absolutly amazing. The pagentry was stunning and the couple looked completely at ease and very much in love.

Everything about the spectical was just right. Couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable or memorable day.

Emotiones were extremely high and not a dry eye in the house.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

So why post pictures that are of the same time? if that's the case then don't give us shoddy proof.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I didn't want to watch it, but ended up anyway.

I cannot understand the people who camped outside to catch a brief glimpse of the goings on. I despair at the flag waving and the declarations of 'greatness' and 'Britishness'.

This is the thing that made it worthwhile. A piece of choral music written for the occasion. Ubi Caritas by Paul mealor. Stunning

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-4-2011 by Mike N because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
She is not putting her head down in shame. (do you seriously think that or was it a joke?)

She is putting her head down as a sign of respect as Prince William salutes at memorials such as the Centotaph.(for those who died in the war).

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You non-appreciators are sooooo bogus!

American here...most of us were up a 3:00 am...and some of you just..."happened to your tv's on..." C'mon....

It was amazing...healing for us all, which is a credit to England, healing for the world and a credit to life on this planet.

Meanwhile we have over 329 dead in Alabama and more in the surrounding states. Our "Royal Family" was surveying the devastation.

This was an impeccable wedding so NOT ostentatious. Truly a credit to England and its people. I know it cost a great deal, however, its budget showed the austerity of our times. A buffet with Queen! Brilliant! I am sure it was amazing. I thought only American's had buffets when their budgets were compromised.

For just this once ATSers...admit that this was an amazing day in England...just this time, don't tear something down that was incredible, healing and happy and done so impeccably.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The wedding itself looked just like a fairytale. How beautiful Kate was. In a world of such harsh realities, it was an incredible escape if only for a moment.

The spoiler for me was all of Sheppard Smith's comments. What a childish and disgusting representation of America.

If you missed what he said, here are a few of his faux pas.

After the kiss" wonder if Will got any tongue on that one?"

"The Queen looks very relaxed, do you think she had a gin in the back of the limo?"

As the couple were entering the palace, "Off we go to Grandma's house"

He is nothing but a crass, classless tool!!! Is this the best we could offer. I hope he loses his job for his immature antics.

Pax

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by scratcher
check out the trumpet player 3rd from left at 3:20 . Now thats playing with passion. this guy is a LEGEND

I think he's the lead player, so he's actually directing the rest of them.

The others are probably on strict orders not to move!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

I would have drank castor oil so I could vomit on the buffet.
The Queen
The Bride
The Groom
The Audience
The Constables
And so on and so forth etc etc etc.
Do you understand ? I mean upchuck with chunks fly'in.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b55499d8784.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike N

In the video just how many people were actually there? London has about 7,556,900 people and i doubt that normal regular poor people or middle class people were actually there, the video seems that there were about 50,000 people or so.

Inculding the mainstream press families.

just asking.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As far as the wedding costs, the state only picked up the security bill,i beleive they paid the rest,im glad its over now because hopefully they can get on with their lives and the media and tv can stop going on about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Only photos available at that time, and they arnt all of the same time - look again - this time with your eyes

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Honestly? Personally? I'm pleased if this event has brought people joy and I'm happy for anyone who finds love in their lives. But I personally have no more interest in their wedding than I would have in a couple of homeless people reciting vows in an alley because they couldn't afford to get married (actually, I'd be more interested in seeing that frankly.) I don't understand the media obsession with this wedding, over the clothing, over spectacle, etc. I fail to understand it for the same reasons I fail to understand why people love to watch American Idol or examine what people wear on the red carpet at award shows.

That isn't intended to criticize or attack anyone who was enthralled in this. As I said, I think it's great if it brought people joy to watch it, and I hope anyone who finds love has a long, happy life together. Just because I don't understand the reasoning behind the attention doesn't invalidate people's right to enjoy it or derive happiness from it.

I just don’t get it, personally.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Did it get bombed?
edit on 29-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know what all the hoopla is all about. It's an elitist wedding, who the hell cares? These people are born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and now all of us peons are supposed to stop and marvel at their extravagant wedding? What's so special about them? They put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. Why does the world continue to grovel at the feet of the rich and powerful?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

One, two and three are the same time I will let you have the fourth even though it's debatable. Maybe it would be a good idea to not try and put forth theories when you don't even have the evidence to back it up.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

I'm 95% sure they are the same moment in time.

The first two might be the same moment but from different spots, but the rest are completely different moments. And it is extremely obvious.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I didn't care about this wedding. I happen to be half English and I like studying my history, but the fact that the royal family has no power makes them boring to me. The royal family is uninteresting because they can't really yell "off with his head!" and have somebody publicly executed anymore. However, somehow I ended up watching up until Kate joined William at the alter. The only reason I was watching in the first place was because my wife was up watching it. She wanted "to see the pretty dress!" I think a lot of guys ended up watching it because of wives/girlfriends wanting to see Kate's dress.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

How is the third obviously from a different time? maybe 30 secs after 1/2 would stretch to maybe a min
edit on 29-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I agree. Shepard Smith has that special kind of face. You know, the face you want to punch really, really hard. And then run over with a steamroller.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Did it get bombed?
edit on 29-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

I don't believe it did partner. But I couldn't think of a better place for a 767 to land.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join