It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I know keeping all the discussion about this "momentous" event in one thread might be impossible, but I thought that I'd give it a shot.

Although I couldn't care less about this thing, it's obvious that there will be people analyzing every little detail of it. I'll only be up for another hour, so I'll just be watching the very start of it, but I already found Richard Quest's use of language in describing the event (script, play, etc.) to be odd, although not entirely inappropriate. I'm eager to see what "superstar" guests show up. I really hope I don't wake up tomorrow to see all over the news about some disaster that happened.
edit on 4/29/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor spelling edits

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Anyone know if there will be a torrent up online to download the wedding. My parents have been asking me to set up the pvr to record it, but don't know really how to set it up properly.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Don't worry. If a torrent isn't up quickly or doesn't have enough seeders to download it fast enough, I'm sure it'll be uploaded all over YouTube within a few hours of it finishing.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
Anyone know if there will be a torrent up online to download the wedding.

guaranteed.

I'm not sure exactly what this is, but I did a quick search and found this one.
Inside The Royal Wedding

So since it hasn't even started yet.....I'm sure there will be many many many torrents to choose from later on.

edit on 4/29/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've got the TV on, just hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever protests may occur. I don't want to see their day ruined, I hope the couple have a nice life but the amount of media hype over this event was torturous. We couldn't go five minutes without hearing about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm only watching it to see what happens as I know something will be happening other than the wedding. The fact they are using the hymn Jerusalem.. is scary enough..

We shall watch and see what will happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yea, same here, just viewing it to see anything out of place and such.

But other than that, hope its a very nice wedding for them, and a show for us.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm watching this on CNN. Am I the only one who finds the amount of lag time between Richard Quest and other fellow anchors to be unusually long? I am used to the lag from east coast to west coast, but for news anchors in supposedly the same area to have 3-7 second delays is really...strange.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't understand all the hype around this. Its on all the station and websites. Its 2 people I never met getting married. People really want to watch this? The tens of millions of dollars spent on this. In the meantime tornados wreck parts of the south, ghadaffi killing and raping, nuclear meltdown, 40% of americans on foodstamps. The sad part is this will go on for a long time. These 2 people are going to be hounded by the media for the rest of thier lives. After you get done watching this you will wait for the tabloids to start getting dirt. I guess to each his own but, I can't watch this. I just think it is going overboard.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I see that a few who have commented here already, are watching for the same reason as I am. I am not paying attention to it, but I do have MSNBC on my TV right now. The only reason is because of the possibility of something happening (that is not scheduled). Due to the enormous amount of people who will be watching this, someone else might get the idea to use this as a way to make themselves famous. Do something that will not be soon forgotten.

However, the thought that just occurred to me is- "I wonder how many people are going to be watching because they believe that so many others will be watching?"

Kinda hard to explain, but(for example), let's say that 2 million people will be watching. 1.7 million people could be watching only because they think that 2 million people will be watching. If the only people who were watching, were people who actually care, there probably would not be very many people watching lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

I agree, but this is like the Superbowl of marriages. I think the majority of the general public that are celebrating this aren't doing so to celebrate the marriage but are using it as an excuse to party.

Anyways, I'm going to bed. I hope I don't awake to some disaster tomorrow morning.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
watching on CNN

so exciting!

You can catch it also on the YT Royal Channel.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Victoria Beckam dressed for a funeral!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You've got to remember with a estimate of 2.2bn watching, anyone who wants to be heard will be heard today with over 12,000 reporters at the Wedding.. It would be a good place to send a message that they may want the world to know..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I just had it on tv, because I wanted to watch the marching procession. Apparently they say that isn't happening until after the wedding as this isn't actually a state occassion.

At the moment it's just presenters talking a load of waffle and not much happening.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I don't think I can take much more.
One thing in particular is starting to bother me for some reason.
May be a silly thing, and shouldn't bother me, but it does.

What is the deal with all of the stupid %$#^ng hats?
Im not talking about the cops either.
It seems like almost every female is wearing a hat on the side or front of their head (not on top).
WHY??!!??

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I believe it's the dress code.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The hats are tradition... most are really outlandish but some are very cool.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I love the hats! They are fabulous
I'm watching on ABC and a British announcer said, regarding the hats, "You have to be British, very posh, and just a little silly"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Not really watching it, but my partner is (she wants to see the dress).. I really doubt anything interesting will happen... and I have no idea why the American Media is sucking Americans into this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join