It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmm, well maybe we are finally getting some serious warning action from the JMA:

Japan's Meteorological Agency on Friday warned the country's 20 volcanoes has become alive due to the massive March 11 earthquake, and a study said earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan.
Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake.

The Agency said volcanic explosion occurred after earthquake several times in history and people should maintain vigilance against this tendency.

Meanwhile, quakes of the country's 20 volcanoes occurred more frequently after the massive March 11 earthquake, especially, the Fuji, Hakone, and Aso-San.

Authorities in Japan on Friday announced a research findings which indicated chain earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan and its offshore area.

International Business Times

I would say the massive earthquake evidence and locations of them agrees with this assessment. I have been documenting much of it in this thread for weeks:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Visit story link for more details.

So many of the volcanoes have been acting up, which could indicate massive magma intrusion at a very deep level in the earth, surging upward. Melt like this can occur at deep levels when portions of subducting tectonic plates literally get crushed in the process of producing the recent 9+ and aftershocks. It can contribute to or aggravate an already fragile volcanic island arc already very active.

And so this appears to be a combined warning of both an additional, very big 9+ quake (and I think they mean from an additional source mechanism, such as the southern subduction zone talked about in the other thread)- while simultaneously warning of impending volcanic eruptions.

Dear God I wish they would just evacuate Tokyo and figure something else out. Why don't they just sell them Detroit? No good for much of anything else at this point. Let's save some people.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Now I am curious that JMA doesn't have any active volcano WARNINGS to speak of on their site:
www.jma.go.jp...

On the other hand, they have their hands pretty full, and the site may not have been updated yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It is just astounding what Japan has has to deal with since the Big quake
on the 11th of march.
It does seem as if the many volcanoes of the earth have become more active,.
the thrown around theory of the earths core heating up could be plausible?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'd say run for the hills but apparently the hills are volcanoes. Island nation in a 3 tectonic plate conjunction area with volcanoes and whose language is the source of the word Tsunami. With a nuke plant right on the shore. Doesn't sound good. Considering the circumstances, minus the nuke plant, I wonder what the history of the area is with regards to previous calamities in history such as earthquake strength in recorded history as well as tsunami inshore distance evidence.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And just recently the Philippine Plate has been showing action, south of Japan. These quakes are just today, now:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A 6.1 and a 4.8, closing the gap to Tokyo. If you followed the other thread I mentioned in the OP and look at some of those maps, why those people are still in Tokyo is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It would seem to me that JMA has a duty and a responsibility to give the warnings..to inform the people of impending Vulcanism and the dangers that may lie ahead. Hopefully they have given instructions on where to go in-case one of these volcanoes should kick off.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Now I am curious that JMA doesn't have any active volcano WARNINGS to speak of on their site:
www.jma.go.jp...

On the other hand, they have their hands pretty full, and the site may not have been updated yet.

It`s so funny. I was looking at exactly the same page about one hour ago. Thinking the same thing. They don`t even say anything about Fuji and the Hakone/Shizuoka area (which rocked greatly about a week after the 11th EQ).

I followed you on your other thread too... which like this one I most certainly S and Fd.

You seem to be very knowledgeable in seismology...did you study it? Please do keep as all the info coming in

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Maybe for the Japanese
it is something to be thought of as something that will just go away,.
Also, from what I have watched,. they are not being told of the true nature of their
situation,.
Such a calm race,. no reason for fear

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
I'd say run for the hills but apparently the hills are volcanoes. Island nation in a 3 tectonic plate conjunction area with volcanoes and whose language is the source of the word Tsunami. With a nuke plant right on the shore. Doesn't sound good. Considering the circumstances, minus the nuke plant, I wonder what the history of the area is with regards to previous calamities in history such as earthquake strength in recorded history as well as tsunami inshore distance evidence.

Well, if you look into the theory (pretty well proven to my eyes) that, for instance, the ocean area outside of Yonaguni is a once-inhabited area that is now deep underwater, you begin to get an idea that what is happening to Japan has happened to it before, on the island.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Funny you should mention selling Detroit, I had the exact same thought a day or so after the Tsunami. It would make a good buffer state against our traditional communistic rivals. You could throw in everything to Flint and Ann Arbor as well as most of Toledo, IMO.

Seriously though I hate to go off topic, but I just saw that they are going to try an encase one of the reactors in wet cement. Are they admitting they had a complete meltdown, and not just a "partial" meltdown? Does anyone other than me think they are grasping at straws? I hate to kick such decent people when they are down, but I am very troubled with how this is being handled.

The volcano notice is very interesting. Does anyone feel that the Eastern Pac rim is having way more earthquakes than before, and the scientific community saying that this is all just in our head is wrong. I mean, Indonesia, China, New Zealand, now Japan. BTW the Earth's magnetic pole is also shifting faster than any time in recorded history. Coincidence?

M

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I might take a vacation over to Japan next week, my chances seem alot better there than here in the United Snakes.
oh
OP.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is a very important and serious piece of news, and thanks for bringing it to our attention, TA. This looks very ominous. I wish I could do something to help avert it, but there is nothing we can do to change Mother Earth's plans. I just pray, pray hard, that things don't get worse there. Don't think anyone deserves such a massive string of calamities. :|

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
quake.twiple.jp...

This is also an interesting site - which gives very up to date info on all the major and minor quakes in Japan. It also has a mobile application and sends alarms very soon after an EQ has happened. My phone has hardly stopped ringing today. There have been one or more earthquakes every hour today. And many, closer to Tokyo than before.

Interesting also to go back, check the archives and see the activies (or almost lack of them, somedays) from January to now...and to compare them with the amount of tremors since the earthquake.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
TA just out of curiosity, if that subduction zone we're to go. how much sulfur and CO2 would be released into the earths atmosphere? if i'm not mistaken, and i could be. didn't a similar event cause the Permian extinction. and please if i'm wrong correct me i'm not a fear monger just curious.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToatsMaGoats
TA just out of curiosity, if that subduction zone we're to go. how much sulfur and CO2 would be released into the earths atmosphere? if i'm not mistaken, and i could be. didn't a similar event cause the Permian extinction. and please if i'm wrong correct me i'm not a fear monger just curious.

The fourth and final suggestion that paleontologists have formulated credits the Permian mass extinction as a result of basaltic lava eruptions in Siberia. These volcanic eruptions were large and sent a quantity of sulphates into the atmosphere. Evidence in China supports that these volcanic eruptions may have been silica-rich, and thus explosive, a factor that would have produced large ash clouds around the world. The combination of sulphates in the atmosphere and the ejection of ash clouds may have lowered global climatic conditions. The age of the lava flows has also been dated to the interval in which the Permian mass extinction occurred.

park.org...

Japan would probably have to literally explode in a cumulative mass eruption for that to happen, but your proposition is not as far fetched as it may seem!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I have to joke a little, but it does not surprise me at all that there is new seismic activity in Japan. As everyone knows, when enough radiation is released into the ocean, you awaken certain Cretaceous megafauna that have been lying dormant under the ocean floor in that part of the world.

M

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Look at this line of quakes, leading directly to Tokyo:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And you see where that blue one happened. Other small quakes have already happened in and near Tokyo. It just seems a matter of time. Is the SSZ stressing patiently for the JMA to issue the evacuation order?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Look at this line of quakes, leading directly to Tokyo:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And you see where that blue one happened. Other small quakes have already happened in and near Tokyo. It just seems a matter of time. Is the SSZ stressing patiently for the JMA to issue the evacuation order?

OMG!

He's making a bee-line! Straight for Tokyo!!

Stay off those elevated trains for Christ's Sake!

M

Oh no, they say he's got to go...

Just had to, sorry.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I wondered if those 2 quakes i saw on the 9th were south......Looks like what you were afraid of on your other thread is starting to happen.....Its just horrible.

I would guess that they don't leave Tokyo because they have no where to send everyone OR there in denial..Very heart wrenching to see all this play out,and there's nothing we can do to help.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber

Funny you should mention selling Detroit, I had the exact same thought a day or so after the Tsunami. It would make a good buffer state against our traditional communistic rivals. You could throw in everything to Flint and Ann Arbor as well as most of Toledo, IMO.

Seriously though I hate to go off topic, but I just saw that they are going to try an encase one of the reactors in wet cement. Are they admitting they had a complete meltdown, and not just a "partial" meltdown? Does anyone other than me think they are grasping at straws? I hate to kick such decent people when they are down, but I am very troubled with how this is being handled.

The volcano notice is very interesting. Does anyone feel that the Eastern Pac rim is having way more earthquakes than before, and the scientific community saying that this is all just in our head is wrong. I mean, Indonesia, China, New Zealand, now Japan. BTW the Earth's magnetic pole is also shifting faster than any time in recorded history. Coincidence?

M

The people of Japan are good people however Tepco is a bunch of dishonest lyers and only care about money and how they look in the public......They do not care about there workers and the people of Japan,if they did they would have been honest from day 1 and took help from other country's right away because they DONT know what they are doing...
They have a lot of blood on there hands right now and deserve to be kicked to the curb!!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join