It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
MY GOD,

This is like from the movie Sinking of Japan

OH CRAP!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well if japan moved west to the ocean with the 9.1..
than there has to be an crack at the east side of japan...
there was also an report that the west side of japan has sunk a bit...perhaps the eastside is lifted than?
so we can assume that an ridge of the euro/asian plate has broken off and might be tilted couse the pacific plate takes it underneath...
unfortunally japan is on top of the fragment...
but:
if there aint an crack occured at the eastside..then we must assume that that peace of the asian plate is bended..
an could crack any moment....that would be an big eq and tsunami...and the pressure on the magma chambers underneath japan will escape via the vents/volcano's..
perhaps that is wat they expect/predict???

edit on 10-4-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
2012 seems like it just may have a grain of truth about it.
I sure hope not, but events seem to make it hard not stir a
smidgen of fear.
Maybe the alignment in 2012 will cause cataclysmic events.
Maybe it won't, but this wave of seismic activity around the world is
starting to make me sit up straight.
edit on 10-4-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

A few days after the niner a 6.8 took place smack dab on Fuji. This quake was not listed as an aftershock.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

in november this year earth is passing through the tail of Elenin..that will certainly give a lot of pressure on the crust...like an airplain flying through an cload...:-(

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Like we've all been sayin' ...

Excellent find. S&F&

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Is anyone watching these 20 volcanoes that have woken up? Just heard about this today and haven't had time to look since NHK released a ton of info on Fukushima today after days of news blackout

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori

A few days after the niner a 6.8 took place smack dab on Fuji. This quake was not listed as an aftershock.

Probably from this... we have been trying to pinpoint the shock. (it would be at a very shallow depth)

Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant Reactor 3 explosion on March 14, 2011

BTW that blast scattered the MOX fuel rods all over the area... and they bulldozed it under dirt. Plutonium found in the soil around the plant and they admitted today that they have meltdown in #1 and #3... we think they are trying to do a 'controlled meltdown" in #2 to prevent another explosion.

Let it melt into the crust, solve the immediate problems of air and surface water release. Good for the USA and other countries bad for Japan

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Good to see that they're still considering the possibility of activity on the SSZ.

I'm wondering if there should be some concern in this region as it is all connected.

It looks like they were pretty accurate in some of their suppositions:

“We also found that these high ground velocities were accompanied by significant low-frequency shaking, like what you feel in a roller coaster, that lasted as long as five minutes – and that’s a long time,” said Olsen.

IIRC, there were multiple reports of the shaking during the large quake lasting 5 minutes or more. I'm not sure of the ground velocity measurements; think I saw those discussed over in the Quake Watch Thread but I haven't read all those posts yet.

I know this thread is about upcoming quake/volcano activity in Japan, but I feel this does relate.
edit on 10-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by Arrius

I truly do not see things getting any worst than they already are over there in Japan. If the volcanic activity suggest that there will be some cataclysmic episode coming like the entire Island of Japan is about to explode, there would be nothing that we can do other than brace hard for a drastic change for the entire world.

Oh things can always get much worse dude, and they usually do. Like a bunch a dominoes falling, and usually in an enclosed system such as we call earth, when one goes it is only a matter of time for another to go, and so on. And we as the human race have been living in between mild climates and phenomenon that is natural to this planet. Yup what you see today and we have been living in for a while, is planet earth in her mild state.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

I did not take what you said as offensive at all....You said i hate to kick good people when there down,and i was just saying Tepco executives DESERVE to be kicked.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have an email into my source at the JMA to try and confirm this. No response yet. Will post as soon as I do. I am not totally sure on this story yet you guys....Just bear with me a while...might be till tomorrow as it is Sunday...Dunno yet. But I am trying.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just looked at Iris and saw this one

09-APR-2011 12:57:49 30.01 131.81 6.1 21.3 KYUSHU, JAPAN
www.iris.edu...

How does that figure into this mess?
edit on 10-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow, so let me get this straight, since the earthquake in japan they are now able to predict when earthquakes and volcanic eruptions will occur. Yet another silly thread by the schizo members of ATS. Just like the pointless yellowstone threads that go nowhere.YAWWNN.....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boofyloo
Hi hope I'm doing this right I'm new so please forgive me but I noticed this in the yahoo news today about the lights over Japan pre-earthquake. Just unusual I thought for mainstream news to report on these things and hop its relevant to this board uk.news.yahoo.com...

Welcome boofyloo! and thanks for your contribution to this thread. I gave you your first star - I'm a newbie too. You can't go wrong following True American and West Coast - they both have an incredible understanding of earthquakes. I have learned more about earthquake science from following their threads than you probably can get in a college course.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I have an email into my source at the JMA to try and confirm this. No response yet. Will post as soon as I do. I am not totally sure on this story yet you guys....Just bear with me a while...might be till tomorrow as it is Sunday...Dunno yet. But I am trying.

Couple other sources carrying it

The 13 active volcanoes is in danger after the serious earthquake
linkoneworld.com...

Mt. Sakurajima Explode – Volcanic Ash Alert issued!
March 29, 2011
thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeCrisis
Wow, so let me get this straight, since the earthquake in japan they are now able to predict when earthquakes and volcanic eruptions will occur. Yet another silly thread by the schizo members of ATS. Just like the pointless yellowstone threads that go nowhere.YAWWNN.....

Well NHK news predicted a 6.2 quake ten minutes before it happened and turned on the cameras waiting for the shake. We saw it live... Don't be an idiot and pay attention to what is being said and is happening

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeCrisis

Nobody's making you be here. Why don't you find a corner of the web that you feel more comfortable with.
For myself I'd like to thank all the members of ATS who trawl through the worlds media everyday to bring us these things to consider and decide for ourselves what to believe or disbelieve.
Don't slam the door on your way out.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boofyloo
Hi hope I'm doing this right I'm new so please forgive me but I noticed this in the yahoo news today about the lights over Japan pre-earthquake. Just unusual I thought for mainstream news to report on these things and hop its relevant to this board uk.news.yahoo.com...

Here is the live video of it...

General consensus is that it was an electrical sub station that blew up... Since 4 million houses lost power right after it seems most likely

However earthquake lights do exist... this just isn't one of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeCrisis

If its that boring then why the heck are you reading IT!.Your not even comprehending what is being said here.This post of yours is POINTLESS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join