It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarkoI wonder what the history of the area is with regards to previous calamities in history such as earthquake strength in recorded history as well as tsunami inshore distance evidence.

Hokusai 1280

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
I might take a vacation over to Japan next week, my chances seem alot better there than here in the United Snakes.
oh
OP.

great idea
I hear prices are really cheap for tourists right now around Fukushima. Enjoy your stay

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
Tepco is a bunch of dishonest lyers and only care about money and how they look in the public......
because they DONT know what they are doing...

yeah they know what they are doing... they are frantically trying to get the water out of #2 and then let it meltdown like #1 and # 3 have done. As long as the corium is melting into the bedrock things will appear to get better on the surface. They need the water gone so they don't get another explosion. If it works, they might get away with it... if not... we shall see next few days

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

I agree 100% with you that the Japanese are by and large a very honorable people. I am sorry if cracking a joke here and there seems offensive, but it's the only way I can keep from going nuts over this.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

I agree 100% with you that the Japanese are by and large a very honorable people. I am sorry if cracking a joke here and there seems offensive, but it's the only way I can keep from going nuts over this.

No I think humor is fine as long as it's in good spirit.

I thought they were well timed Godzilla jokes.
I tend to agree with the laugh in the face of death approach, rather than to allow it to break our spirits.

@ TrueAmerican

Nice thread you got going on this topic and I think it's totally relevant. Your postulations are not without warrant and I also am inclined to believe there is a valid possibility of cataclysmic geological events to ensue beyond what we have already witnessed.

It is well known and widely publicized in some extremely credible sources that the geological record worldwide is jam packed with all types of assorted evidences to various types of cataclysmic upheavals and it is only prudent and expected that we should at least inform ourselves and prepare if possible for such potential calamities.

A major problem which I view as even bigger than the scenarios of further volcanic and tectonic events, is the fact that we simply have not been researching this topic/subject in any meaningful manner as a species long enough to really have a decent grasp of what the odds and mechanisms at play here truly are. We have yet to devise a fool-proof formula to the 90%+ prediction rate on quakes with accuracy in regards to exact dating and location.

I do however believe over the last few decades that our understandings of seismology and volcanism have increased rapidly and there are many very interesting ideas floating around.

With all things considered, I agree that the potential for further large earthquakes and potential multiple volcanic eruptions is rather high indeed.

I will put it this way : It's like the old saying about the "Big One" That's coming to rock California one day soon.
It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of when.
Geological events have very tricky and complex timescales which are notoriously difficult to make accurate predictions with much accuracy.

That's why I said the biggest problem here is our lack of data, we simply haven't been researching this in any meaningful way long enough to really have it pegged.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
There is a point where any chain of cause and effect which is sufficiently complex can begin to resolve irreversibly toward total catastrophe.

I'm not sure where exactly between the earthquake, the tsunami, the snow storms, the nuclear meltdown, and the volcanos that precise moment is reached, but I think it's pretty clear the term FUBAR has a whole new meaning now.

"So, where the hell's your God now?"

Of course the question is answered in the third act, in that movie. Life is less tidy, which is why we love the movies. Somebody else cleans up the corpses. They don't lie around abandoned in the world's biggest, newest, hottest graveyard, untouchable and waiting for the ash.

Please, somebody come tell me how it's all just scaremongering. "I felt like destroying something beautiful."

It's good we have movies. They're not just entertainment, they're an archive, a history of things lost.

A lot of them used to be set in Japan.

edit on 10-4-2011 by sepermeru because: clarity

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Tsunami at Phuket
another at Fukushima
just wondering if Juan de Fuca is somewhere on the guest list??

Somebody may be trying to tell us something.

edit on 10-4-2011 by gypsychology909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My guess is that this will happen tommorow, as 4/11/11 is a masonic symbol and was mentioned in the infowars about 4/11/11 that an event will happen on that day. But this is just a guess..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I know that ofcourse they need to do whatever can be done to contain the nuclear reactor and stop the radiation...but do you all realize what will happen if another 9.0+ quake hits near those reactors...the ensuing tsunami and then volcanic activity? All this struggle with the reactors may be a mute point. Mother nature will take care of it herself and first destroy it (earthquake), dilute it (tsunami) and then bury/encase it herself (mt fuji).

My fear also extends well beyond the people of Japan. I still don't understand how our own subduction zone has withstood the major shift in the North American plate the Japan quake caused (I feel as if we are hanging on a precipice...) could the next 9.0+ quake be what it needs to finally give? I can easily see a chain reaction occuring; Japan gets a 9.0+ quake/tsunami/volcanic eruption; The Cascadia subduction finally goes and unzips along most of the West coast....maybe even up into canada and Alaska, which would also generate a huge tsunami and set off the cascade volcanic chain, taking care of what is left of Western Washington, Oregon and California.

Yes, I live in NW Washington, surrounded by live volcanos. The subduction zone is I would suspect less than 200 miles West of me. I am about 15 miles from the shore so a tsunami wouldn't get me.....but my house sits on an ancient lahar from Glacier Peak and if that one doesn't go, a lahar from Mount Baker to my North would probably bury me too.

So yes....I can see the events of a chain reaction, and I have a sneaking suspicion it has happened before, many times over. Around, say, every 300 yrs or so? Then perhaps spaced a little further apart (thousands of yrs) you get an even bigger chain reaction, involving other systems.

The potential is there. It always has been. That we are possibly witnessing it play out is rather.....incredible.

Where is my God? Where he has always been and always will be. This is the cycle of nature and we are only along for the ride.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi hope I'm doing this right I'm new so please forgive me but I noticed this in the yahoo news today about the lights over Japan pre-earthquake. Just unusual I thought for mainstream news to report on these things and hop its relevant to this board uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Georgia guide stones omit a Japanese translation
(English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese and Russian www.world-mysteries.com...), this is nagging at the back of my mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think someone in the JAM read the predictions of Japan sliding into the sea and started to see how real that event could be. They had better warn the people cause Edgar Cayce hasn't been wrong yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have had Edgar Cayce's prediction that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" in my head also. I hope that doesn't happen. But it does seem as though destructive forces are at work in Japan.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Japanese needs to get off that island.. asap. I've been saying this since the initial earthquake...

Got a bad feeling about this..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whilst my heart truly goes out to all the innocents affected by this event (and those yet to occur), I must hold out hope that should enough of their volcanoes erupt significantly, they will assist in preventing the already catastrophically damaged nuclear reactors from further unprecidented irradiation of this planet which will ultimately kill our childrens children.

This one dramatic event has changed the world forever, but hardly anyone seems to realise this yet (ATS members aside).

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I thought TPTB wanted the population to be reduced?
Obviously there won't be an evacuation order before the next big one.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
The Japanese needs to get off that island.. asap. I've been saying this since the initial earthquake...

Got a bad feeling about this..

So many people are saying this - and they say it with so much ease , so nonchalantly.. Just get out!! Yes, just go and live elsewhere.... I don`t know about you all, who can say this like this ??- maybe you`re all homeless or jobless and have enough money to just take off and leave and know where to go and know also that where you will go, you`ll find a job, a house and all the rest....or maybe you don`t need to work cos you have enough money already anyway?

These comments, `you have to leave right now` `I don`t know why these people are still staying in Japan, they should get out`.....really piss me off.

Are you going to find a place for these people to go to? Ensure everyone a job? Families, kids and all?
Come on...

And these comments are even more frustrating when you feel stuck in a place, you want to go, but for many reasons cannot.

I would really appreciate if the next person who makes such comments also offer a secure alternative location, the possible jobs to be found there and everything else. Can anyone??

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The area around the Volcano was said to have been evacuated last week. And Alarms are sounding in this video. This video is from an stationed camera, around the volcano. This has got to be the strangest video I have ever seen. When the big arc light flashes it appears that all the smoke is going back into the volcano rather than coming out.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
I would really appreciate if the next person who makes such comments also offer a secure alternative location, the possible jobs to be found there and everything else. Can anyone??

Well, is death a better alternative?

I surely don't have the answers to these severe problems created by this catastrophe. But I know if it was me, at just about any cost I would at least try to get out of Tokyo for a time, until the threat appears less....less threatening. You've got earthquakes creeping up on, and now happening in Tokyo itself. I said this was going to happen three weeks ago as soon as I saw the critical quake at the plate juncture, and then the next 6+ that happened right on the OTHER juncture opposite that one. And you know as well as I that a huge quake on that southern zone, and you are going to get a very big and bad tsunami coming at you right up Tokyo Bay that will make what has already happened basically happen again, except worse.

Whatever it takes man, whatever it takes. Get away for a time. That is just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

I truly do not see things getting any worst than they already are over there in Japan. If the volcanic activity suggest that there will be some cataclysmic episode coming like the entire Island of Japan is about to explode, there would be nothing that we can do other than brace hard for a drastic change for the entire world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join