It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask An Astronomer About Nibiru (Planet X, Tyche, etc.) HERE!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
reply to post by ufoinquirer

No, I don't get why you posted that thread, Was it your's? Do we need to check the IP's?
There was nothing to debunk in that thread, the OP was clearly a troll practicing the well known internet phenomenon of 'wumming'. Heck, there was even a clue in the OP's screen name.

Huh, wha?

First of all, I and many others have PERSONALLY encountered all kinds of shills and auto bots on this site, that pretty much are focused on debunking any conspiracy theory ... real or not. This is just ONE example of how this is true. The poster asked for everyone to respond with a certain reply, and the MAJORITY OF THE REPLIES did not follow this...which means they weren't reading the post. Then the real people go on to criticize these accounts as spam... and they respond to this criticism with AUTO RESPONSES.

ATS and G L P are full of corporate or govt-created accounts that confuse and diffuse conspiracies.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Guys, seriously, carefully watch some debates on here. You will see in certain debates, the "debunkers" keep saying the same thing over and over and over again... never addressing specific points and just nay saying...they very much read like auto responses.

Be on lookout, it's obvious once you see it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they've backed off this strategy, though, as lately peopl ehave been figuring this out and are not as easily maniuplated
edit on 29-5-2011 by ufoinquirer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

First of all, I and many others have PERSONALLY encountered all kinds of shills and auto bots on this site, that pretty much are focused on debunking any conspiracy theory ... real or not. This is just ONE example of how this is true. The poster asked for everyone to respond with a certain reply, and the MAJORITY OF THE REPLIES did not follow this...which means they weren't reading the post.

You need to develop a sense of humor, and some perspective. Just because someone disagrees with you, that does not mean they are a "government shill." Prove to me that you are not a bot by beginning your reply with the fifth prime number. The internet is filled with bored people who like to play "head games." They will make outrageous statements to see who will believe them, or take advantage of psychological tricks to make people paranoid. You seem sincere and curious; please learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No, the poster got the treatment he deserved. His thread got trolled because it was an obvious troll thread. There was no bots or debunking if that is what you think happened then maybe you need to think a bit harder.
The OP of that thread got banned because obvious troll is obvious.
What ever misguided example you are trying to prove that was a pretty poor one to use.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You guys are totally full of it. haha

So naive you are !!! : )

I work in a marketing department. My corp is not guilty, but plenty of corps hire people to post on forums to get certain product agendas across, and sometimes they use auto responses. We see the same thing happening about conspiracy theories - it doesn't deny or confirm them, but it shows a vested interest in confusing and diffusing conspiracies.

Make the argument the government is simply sticking up for itself, ha, but dont' be so naieve!

Not everyone who disagrees is a shill. I'M not the one who said that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No, the poster got the treatment he deserved. His thread got trolled because it was an obvious troll thread. There was no bots or debunking if that is what you think happened then maybe you need to think a bit harder.
The OP of that thread got banned because obvious troll is obvious.
What ever misguided example you are trying to prove that was a pretty poor one to use.

i 100,000% disagree. read the thread. their are a bunch of auto bots that continue to defend they are not auto bots, with auto bot auto responses !!! telling people THEY are paranoid. it is see through.

i've see the same tactics used in all sorts of debates since I got here. Someone who disagrees or agrees is not a shill. Someone who posts auto reponses over an dover again ... probably is

GET SOME LOGIC !

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Puh-lese, you are honestly trying to tell me that because some people did not respond to a garbage thread in the correct fashion that they are bots? The thread was a wind up, the responses were a wind up the OP was banned because of it.
It seems that you are the one failing to use any logic, I think you have got bots in the brain and it's affecting your judgement.
edit on 29-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. I didn't mean that he came up with the idea of the Elenin conspiracy. I was referring to the fact that nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to go and investigate it, and subsequently make a video out of it. That was all his own idea.

And, still nothing.
I call hoax on the whole thing.
People who come here claiming to have photographs that they cannot then produce get thrown in the hoax forum.
So, what is the difference here?
I am disappointed in both the poster and the website.
As far as I can tell, this fabled video probably never existed in the first place.
As I said, I don't like being lied to, misled, or messed around.
My opinion of the ATS staff has diminished because of this.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Prove to me that you are not a bot by beginning your reply with the fifth prime number.

My last post.

You did not begin your reply with the word or number "7," therefore you must be a bot.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Prove to me that you are not a bot by beginning your reply with the fifth prime number.

My last post.

You did not begin your reply with the word or number "7," therefore you must be a bot.

I thought it was a rhetorical question, as we have been clearly having a back-and-forth debate that addresses details. Come ON!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Puh-lese, you are honestly trying to tell me that because some people did not respond to a garbage thread in the correct fashion that they are bots? The thread was a wind up, the responses were a wind up the OP was banned because of it.
It seems that you are the one failing to use any logic, I think you have got bots in the brain and it's affecting your judgement.
edit on 29-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

Seriously ? Did you not read the whole thread? Auto bots defending that they are not auto bots with auto responses and telling people they are paranoid, over nad over and over again ??? not addressing people's continued requests for specific points ????

This is just one measly example.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You guys don't help your own cause if you won't ever budge on anything that goes against your naive world view that forums aren't used as propaganda and product marketing tools by various corporations, gov't agencies, you name it. It is actually not all that far-fetched or crazy.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Now that you have exposed yourself as a bot, there is nothing left to discuss. Unless, perhaps, you are willing to take the dangerous leap into the world of... "Critical Thinking?"

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Now that you have exposed yourself as a bot, there is nothing left to discuss. Unless, perhaps, you are willing to take the dangerous leap into the world of... "Critical Thinking?"

Your sarcasm is not a form of argument.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. I didn't mean that he came up with the idea of the Elenin conspiracy. I was referring to the fact that nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to go and investigate it, and subsequently make a video out of it. That was all his own idea.

And, still nothing.
I call hoax on the whole thing.
People who come here claiming to have photographs that they cannot then produce get thrown in the hoax forum.
So, what is the difference here?
I am disappointed in both the poster and the website.
As far as I can tell, this fabled video probably never existed in the first place.
As I said, I don't like being lied to, misled, or messed around.
My opinion of the ATS staff has diminished because of this.

I totally agree with you. : )

I think we should all stop being believers, debunkers, or any of that. We should all just be truth seekers, stick to facts, be open-minded about new possibilities, and agree that good trustworthy sources are hard to come by in this day and age of massive disinfo and propaganda. That's why we're here on ATS, right?

Those that bring half truths and lies to the debates are either frauds who want attention, OR simply misguided. But on the same token, the debunkers who only come here to # on people's ideas and will never ever budget about ANY aspect, and insist that NASA can be trusted ... also do great harm.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I mean I don't get it. If you actually think the mainstream media and pr fronts like NASA aren't puppets of darker or at least secret agendas (organized or disperesed throughout different corps and government agencies) then...

why are you here? there is no reason to be here at all.

So, if you DO follow the belief at the top, then welcome !!! Otherwise it's just silly to be posting here, a total waste of time for you and others interacting with you.

happy memorial day !

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So is the video from the observatory a no go?
I see that old corp is still posting what the deal?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
So is the video from the observatory a no go?
I see that old corp is still posting what the deal?

that is the question. very lame !

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Your inability to comprehend my demonstration is further evidence that you are a bot. If you were an actual human being, you would understand the need for critical thinking.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Your inability to comprehend my demonstration is further evidence that you are a bot. If you were an actual human being, you would understand the need for critical thinking.

so in sum

you've got NOTHING

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join