It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China & Russia call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by jude11

And then this comes out of my country...

thehill.com...

This gets more absurd by the day. We have no definition of the mission, but we're using the military to accomplish... hmm.... something. We dont know what.. but we're accomplishing something. Unprecedented stupidity IMO.

now that would make perfect sense as to why
Gadhaffi and his compound were hit with missiles.
The actual objective in Libya is regime change
NOT a no-fly zone which China and Russia did
NOT vote on that.
that would corroborate my earlier post.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jude11

Good for them "Aborting" is always an option when collateral damage is a very real possibility.

I wouldn't have spun it as you have by saying they "refused". "Aborting" is a legitimate option. I just wish more of that was done. Would have lowered the human costs over the past few years elsewhere.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Correct. Aborting was actually the word I was looking for. I'll see if I can still edit as that is exactly what I wanted to express.

Thanks!

Oh...and about that avatar...lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What have China said to North Korea over the last 40 + years with them killing their own people by starvation etc.?

Diddly squat is my guess!

There are plenty of other Countries in the World where their leaders are scum to their own people.

Why has nothing been done about them and why is Libya being picked on?

I don't know, maybe the word OIL comes into it?

But what I am trying to say is China and Russia should shut the fu** up unless they know how to sort things out and again my guess is "they don't".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To note i really dont mind going into Libya and aiding, I dont think somone should kill his own people and get away with it, but I also think yes we should try and resolve this issue in a more civil manner, But i also thought we did that when we asked gadhafi to stop or else, he opted for or else, his bad!
edit on 22-3-2011 by NewEmpire816 because: ( . Y . )

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Good for them "Aborting" is always an option when collateral damage is a very real possibility.

I wouldn't have spun it as you have by saying they "refused". "Aborting" is a legitimate option. I just wish more of that was done. Would have lowered the human costs over the past few years elsewhere.

edit on 22-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I'd say 'aborted' rather than 'refused' too.

Let's hope the policy continues, and isn't just about setting up some kind of plausible deniability for later on.

If Libya claims the UN has killed civilians, the UN can refer back to this aborted bombing run, and say we have gone to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties, even cancelling whole missions at the last minute, and convincingly claim Libyan propaganda not civilian deaths.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Eventually China will have to be contended with, they have the capability to amass, a 200 million man army.

ummm, r u sure bout that number ??
since their total population is only
1,347,740,174 as of Jan. 2010
that would mean 1 in 6 would
be active military.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
BTW...

China has the world's largest armed forces, with 2.3 million troops (1.7 million in the army. 220,000 in the navy and 420,000 in the air force) in 2007. It used to be even larger. In 1994 there were 2,930,000 troops (2.3 million in the army, 250,000 in the navy, 470,000 in the air force), plus 1.2 million reserves. By contrast the United States has 1.45 million troops; Russia, 1.24 million troops; and Argentina, 65,000 troops. About 35 percent of the Chinese defense budget is spent on personnel costs.

source

China and Russia combined have way more than 2 times the number of troops than the US... even though they are not as heavily-equipped, they've got the financial and energetic edge since Russia has enough oil to go a long way, especially with Venezuela as business partner, and Chinese banks hold the US and many other NATO countries by the balls, because of the sky-high debts and the regular banking swaps.

NATO leaders dismiss this call, they put the entire planet in danger. They must be brought to justice. Obama must be impeached, Sarkozy must be forced to resign, as well as the generic puppet Cameron.
edit on 22/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
What have China said to North Korea over the last 40 + years with them killing their own people by starvation etc.?

Diddly squat is my guess!

There are plenty of other Countries in the World where their leaders are scum to their own people.

Why has nothing been done about them and why is Libya being picked on?

I still think fresh water has something more to do with this whole thing...

Maybe not all but definitely something to consider. Many nations running out of fresh water, China among them including many locations in the US.

Of course, this is only my opinion...

The 1st of September marks the anniversary of the opening of the major stage of Libya's Great Man-Made River Project. This incredibly huge and successful water scheme is virtually unknown in the West, yet it rivals and even surpasses all our greatest development projects. The leader of the so-called advanced countries, the United States of America cannot bring itself to acknowledge Libya's Great Man-Made River.

twelfthbough.blogspot.com...

www.water-technology.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

200 million man army is theoretically possible (however unlikely) Military service there is compulsory

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

I think it's Cash and Gold.

Gadhaffi has $20Billion in cash
and an untold stash of gold.

It seems the US may want it's
money and gold back.

$5B of Gadhaffi's cash has already been
seized in a Swiss Bank. He moved
$5B before that seizure to another
off-shore.

more about the cash and gold from the
middle east dictators in my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edited to correct Gadhaffi's worth
edit on 3/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Eventually China will have to be contended with, they have the capability to amass, a 200 million man army.

ummm, r u sure bout that number ??
since their total population is only
1,347,740,174 as of Jan. 2010
that would mean 1 in 6 would
be active military.

I think that quote counts the number of reserves and previously enlisted with military experience...ready to go at the drop of a hat.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

200 million man army is theoretically possible (however unlikely) Military service there is compulsory

something else we agree on

2nd

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This will be the tip of the iceberg that is called WW3

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like it's gaining momentum

Global voices oppose military intervention in Libya

Brazil, China, India, Russia and Germany

www.ibtimes.com...

A chorus of voices from government officials around the world have condemned (or at least questioned) the decision by a handful of western countries (in tandem with some Arab allies) to launch air strikes on military targets in Libya. Five members of the United Nations Security Council -- Brazil, China, India, Russia and Germany – abstained from a vote on the imposition of a no-fly zone in Libya (signaling their opposition to it). However, many other states have also expressed their indignation to the military campaign in Libya. Here are a sampling of such comments from government officials and scholars who are opposed to foreign intervention in Libya: “What is happening in a country, within their internal affairs, no external powers should interfere in it. Nobody, not a couple of countries, can take that decision to change a particular regime. Whether a regime will change or not will depend on the people of that particular country, not by any external forces." --Pranab Mukherjee, India’s finance minister

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
China and Russia can go to hell along with every other government on this planet. They are ALL as bad as each other, they all know what they are doing and they dont give a crap about a single one of us. It is us who will pay the price, not them. They will all be safe with their ill gotten gains and their shelters while the rest of us are plunged into a literal hell on earth. We need to destroy every single corrupt world leader and politician before they destroy us.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
2012 is looking far more possible with every turn, these events have not just been foretold by mayan, but by ME prophecy, greeks and other cultures. THe next major storm will be an invasion in the U.S. and yes we do deserve to be spanked. Navy deployment is obviously out of the question. whatever happened to those good old fashion nuclear satellites.?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
China and Russia can go to hell along with every other government on this planet. They are ALL as bad as each other, they all know what they are doing and they dont give a crap about a single one of us. It is us who will pay the price, not them. They will all be safe with their ill gotten gains and their shelters while the rest of us are plunged into a literal hell on earth. We need to destroy every single corrupt world leader and politician before they destroy us.

such a western point of view

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I did not know about the Great Man-made River Project until now and, after checking out your links, it makes me think there's a lot more going on under the surface than what we have been told.

Thank you for this much needed information. It puts a vast new persective on the 'revolution'.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Why call for a ceasefire now?

WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY WHEN the libyans were ruthlessly EXTERMINATED by the CCP's buddy Gaddafi????!!!

Oh wait...birds of a feather flock together. These 2 govs had never CARED about humanity, except for their own rule. TianAnMen massacres must had been lost to their memory.

Perhaps it is time for the chinese masses to stage an immediate uprising? Need no further evidence on how the illegitimate CCP ruler intends to rule china with bullets, paid off the backs of the our fellow chinese brothers and sisters!!!

I've been somewhat surprised at how many pro-Gaddafi people there are on ATS.
While I'm totally wise to all the manipulations of western governments, that doesn't minimize the fact that the Libyan people need to be free from Gaddafi, and if nothing was done, they would be slaughtered to preserve the dictatorial regime.

And screw those two-faced Arab governments that wanted this then did an about face as soon as Gadaffi makes false claims that the west is only there killing hospital workers and children (like that makes any sense).

The American people and the world need to be free of the Pschopathic Cabal.....would it be ok with you if China started bombing USand taking control of it to save you?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe they want to trigger World War III ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join