It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compass Deviations/Rumble Noises

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
loving this thread so much i signed up...

in australia, (sydney), my compass has been OK. but i noticed this morning that there have been a number of "light" plane crashs in the U.S. today...they seem to form a similar pattern to "magnetic compass anomalies map" here on this ATS thread...

see: hisz.rsoe.hu...
for aircrash info...

thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Welcome to ATS, good eye, I can see the definitively similar pattern you're suggesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Having read the different postings about a shifting pole, I got a compass and have it set to where I can see it, about 2 months ago. It has not moved or shifted, it points to north the same point as it was the first time I put it down. Not sure if that helps, but that is what I got.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was wondering why there was going to be YAT (Yet another thread) on this but I fully support this one. I had already added my observation to your map. Excellent work and I definitely support the additional thread on this.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'll definitely be watching this thread too. Well put together... Whatever it is we are trying to find. I guess someone will soon know or have an idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Im in north CA, I bought a compass and it does seem to be off by a little bit but Im still trying to learn to make sure its correct so for now i DONT know but it seems to be as people say north is a little to where east is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I see alot of rumble postings in the great lakes area. I too was awoken from this, it was amazing thunder that kept rolling for a very long time. I do not however think its a first. I believe it has been reported on the local weather as something that happens when the air is very thin because of it being cold out. It isnt very often we get thunderstorms in 40 degree weather. But it was the case this time. Although rare, and amazing, might have something to do with the cold air in this region at time of storm. So i have a feeling many people heard this when it may have not have been raining, as it seemed to travel on a long distance. So I think posts with no storms near by would be more interesting with rumbles. So I would take out the great lakes region.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Lat 49.42
Long 112.47

Compass seems to be pointing N at Magnetic North. I have been trained to use a compass.

Also, no thunder type sounds here... yet.

I would like to point out however, that I was very surprised to see how far east magnetic N had moved in the last couple years. It isn't something I had paid attention to until now.

I will keep checking with the compass and I will let you know of any changes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ok i live in Indiana where it looks like alot of it has been going on and about an hour ago i heard it yet again this time i had my camera ready and took this video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XVendettaX
ok i live in Indiana where it looks like alot of it has been going on and about an hour ago i heard it yet again this time i had my camera ready and took this video
www.youtube.com...

Here you go,

ETA:
I can hardly hear anything, sounds like the mic is set high/sensitive.

I would guess???
edit on 22-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

thank u

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Not to be off topic but, I wonder if chemtrails play any part in this?
all that aluminium in the atmosphere, mixing with storm clouds...... hmmm

That would make one hell of a Super Capacitor.... maybe?

If this is possible, that would generate a huge magnetic field, or at least, disrupt earths magnetic field in those particular areas

edit on 22-3-2011 by Village Idiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
this is going to be an awesome thread! Thank You...S&Freply to post by billxam

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Wow great work thanks,
keeping an eye on this thread

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
All I could find is a cheap compass for the time being. I might try to make one when I finish my bottle of wine. I used to install satellite receivers
myself and I don't know how reliable this one is, but N is reading 15-20 degrees to the east.

Saigon, Vietnam 10'46N 106'41E

As for rumblings... I always hear some weird noises at all hours of the day/night. I'm in the middle of the city so nothing unusual.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Edit to add: Not relevant after all. After looking more closely at the aircraft icons, most are non-accidents.

Crap, you're right. Now that's just downright bizarre. At least it gives us something else to compare all of this to.

And it'll make our spouses think we're up to something important with that great disaster map on the screen.
edit on 22-3-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Live in Harrisburg, PA - at 6:30 a HUGE boom lasting about 30-45 seconds, followed by an off flash of light - not typical lightning. Compas is off by 30 degrees to the east.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

i am not convinced about relevance...?
i am starting to think there may be something, but what?

5 dead people in 4 different plane crashs..but what caused them? compass probs???

montana,
wisconsin
florida,
sth carolina,

see web: hisz.rsoe.hu...

i now U guys have a big population and all...
but if we have more than about 3 light plane crashs (causing death) PER YEAR here (australia),
its more than usual...

update... its 8 dead people in 6 plane "crashs"...
i missed one in california, and one in wyoming...see map link above

thanks again
edit on 22-3-2011 by shaneR because: update

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I am a member for some time, and I wanted my first post was more important, but due to things that are on lately I can't wait anymore.

I'm from Poland, city Poznan (link below)

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=pl&geocode=&q=pozna%C5%84&aq=&sll=52.501176,17.352905&sspn=0.991467,2.375793&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pozna%C5%84,+Wie lkopolskie,+Polska&z=11,

About 2 weeks ago I noticed on my Casio Protek hand watch that Compass don't point North. When i bought it I calibrate it to point geographical North (according to North star). I was returning home at night (sky was clear) when I saw this. I thought I need to recalibrate but then I forgot to do this. Like 3 days ago I run into this topics about Compass being off and i recalled It. Today I took my normal and digital compass, put next to each other and both were pointing exactly the same. So I run my Stellarium (astronomical program) and I coordinated the compasses pointing to the sun. My calculates are that here Compass points like 45 deg. off N to like WN but i guess its even more W. Interesting that in US compass points more on E and here in Europe much like W.

I have to test it in more locations, also i will ask my friends from other cities to do the same, and I'll report to u ATS.

Thanks for attention and sorry for my English

PEACE
edit on 22-3-2011 by animatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by animatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Okay. First and foremost, I am not an expert, I just read alot. Something i haven't seen touched on anywhere is this: We are in the middle of a Solar Cycle, which normally only produces minor problems with electronics and such, (sunspot activity, solar dynamo, etc.) We are also in the middle of the Super Moon. Both events cause measurable magnetic effects on Earth, and now it appears they are opposed. The earth was struck by Coronal Mass Ejection on March 10, 2011. On March 11, we all know what happened in Japan. Now I'm not a doom and gloom sort of person. This could just be a hiccup. My theory is that our magnetic Earth was just sammiched in between two other powerful magnets, and now it's trying to restabilize. Someone asked "why now" with ducting. It should be noted that one of the things that happens in a solar cycle is ionization of the ionosphere. This could be the cause of ducting. So... Could be bad, could be nothing. I'm an optimist so I'm going with nothing. Let's just hope no more CME's head our way. Just my $0.02.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join