It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compass Deviations/Rumble Noises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I do not what to think about much data on deviation from the North Pole posted here ... are you sure guys that have been taken into account the magnetic declination?
just in case I include a link to a video on how to consider it and a comprehensive map of USA magnetic declinations.
I think we need to publish here the standard for the members measuring the compass and posting the result.

I have included my reading for my location, mexico, the capital.
Calculated 3 times, taking into account the magnetic Declination = 5 ° 24 'E and I can confirm that the North is the North at this location (btw highly seismic)
There has been no unusual noises from the sky or big vibrations
I put the reading on the google map as well.

Saludos

usa magnetic declinations map

and the video...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I checked several compasses here in Northern NJ and we're all still North. No rumbleing either. I feel rather ripped off, actually. Very interesting thread. (and if it's any point, my friend in Belgium said they were still North with no rumbleing).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The compasses work fine today in the eastern Mediterranean area, although they were taking some time to stabilize 2 days ago and were randomly marginally deviating to the east for some reason (instead of North they were pointing slightly northeast).

No rumbling noises here, only a few earthquakes around 3.0 - 4.0 in magnitude.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
loving this thread so much i signed up...

in australia, (sydney), my compass has been OK. but i noticed this morning that there have been a number of "light" plane crashs in the U.S. today...they seem to form a similar pattern to "magnetic compass anomalies map" here on this ATS thread...

see: hisz.rsoe.hu...
for aircrash info...

thanks.

Oh my gosh! I just posted a bit ago about the very same thing here. But I think that thread might be dead over there, lol.

It made me wonder if it was related at all to this, as well. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who noticed it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I was very interested to see some of the areas in Indiana I drive marked as compass being off. A couple monthes back I saw a large # of blackbirds flying in circles. I noticed the compass on my Saturn Vue was saying I was going NW but I was definately going N to NE- then it actually said I was going SE. Sometime N of Indianapolis I recalibrated and it was OK again. It had never had an issue before and has not done that since.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Rumble noise heard in Gloucester Uk 10:40. This noise seemed to have man made Cadance

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I was very interested to see some of the areas in Indiana I drive marked as compass being off. A couple monthes back I saw a large # of blackbirds flying in circles. I noticed the compass on my Saturn Vue was saying I was going NW but I was definately going N to NE- then it actually said I was going SE. Sometime N of Indianapolis I recalibrated and it was OK again. It had never had an issue before and has not done that since.

I have seen a few notes about odd readings and then back to normal later.

This may be just a totally impossibility, but is there a way to add a time stamp to your mapped readings? It would be interesting to see if this thing is dynamic and moving rather than just static.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I was immediately reminded of the following "future" map of the US (see link). What is so obviously striking is how similar your blue polygon of rumbling noise phenomena is to the future map of the US:

Colorado and Arizona have never seemed like such wonderful places since I reside in Seattle. I'm feeling a road trip in my near future.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have heard this rumbling noise and it was even creepier because it was overcast and was raining on and off...and it wasn't thunder! It was constant for about an hour and then it happened again later on. As for my compasses they are working fine but they are ones on my phone, although I did notice my clock on my phone is now almost 5mins faster. Not sure how that happened.

Props to you and your map! It's very interesting, I will be watching your thread for more info

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i hope we have not yet received all the signs leading to what is really happening..

we have been turning our head away from a lot of things assuming we are fear mongering much but honestly..

things happening recently may in fact be connected

since the animal deaths so much things happened that not even Hollywood can keep up with the real events

WAKE UP PPL

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Here's the thing about the compass deviation map. Even if we assume that the red balloons are people that aren't taking declination into account (why it would go from an average of 5-8 degrees to 30 degrees is another question) then we have a ring of people around North America that are being affected by something that prevents them mentally from performing the required task.

And that, if true, is far more disturbing. It means that some agency or force is acting on these people against their will. Then we'd have to consider whether or not this is able to spread.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

the great lakes spill over to the gulf

deja vu...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Magnetic north, the point at the top of the Earth that determines compass headings, is shifting its position about 64 kilometres a year. In geologic terms, it's racing from the Arctic Ocean near Canada towards Russia. As a result, everyone who uses a compass, even as a back-up to modern GPS navigation systems, needs to be aware of the shift, make adjustments or obtain updated charts to ensure they get where they intend to go, authorities say. That includes pilots, boaters and even hikers.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

This is an exceptional point, and one that I am suprised has not been made before. Magnetic north is not in the same place as it used to be, and thats fine, but only as long as people take note of it and adjust thier equipment accordingly . If they do not, strange unexplained readings are likely .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Forgive me, I skipped the last few pages of this thread, but I was wondering, did anyone report compass deviations during these tests:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The tests were interfering with GPS but depending on the nature of the interference that could potentially throw off compass readings.

This is an interesting thread, i'm not sure if there's a correlation between the two phenomena but it does deserve attention.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm in the Boston, Ma area and there are no unusual noises here and my compass reading are fine, I checked true north and magnetic north.....both are right where they should be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

I live in Ancaster, Ontario – I tried to add a yellow pin onto your map, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. Sorry.

We have been hearing these sounds periodically since last summer. At the time, we assumed it was an airplane although it didn’t sound like a plane and the noise was static not dynamic. In any event, the last time I heard this was on Saturday, March 19th @ 8am, lasting for 5-8 minutes.

Something else to note – I have also been feeling strange vertigo over the last week, which is unusual for me. Although the vertigo ‘spells’ do not match to the last time of the last noise, I wonder if in someway, this could be correlated.

Thanks for the great effort on this map!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

What might be helpful as well is having date and time stamps on the icons so you can sort by date.

I'm thinking (hoping, rather) it's some sort of top secret miltary project. Whatever it is, it's really WEIRD!!!

S&F for putting that all together!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
Map as of 5:06 pm, EDST 21-3-2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/844f60d69d98.jpg[/atsimg]

I am in Iowa which appears to be a little pocket of sanity haven on your map. I can confirm that my compass appears to be ok and I have not heard any strange noises in the sky. These phenomenon do intrigue me however. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join