It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost on a Bridge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What do you think of this picture?

I took this oin Bruges a few years ago on holiday. I did not notice anything unusual when I took the picture.

This was taken using a Konica Minolta Z2 Digital Camera
Taken at 00:16 on the 6th July 2004
Aperture setting F8
Shutter Speed 4 secconds
ISO 200
12mm focal length (35mm Equivelent 69mm)
No Flash
Mounted on a tripod.

Other than reducing it's size for easy uploading it has npt been eddited. I used Corel Paint Shop Pro X to reduce the picture size.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Looks like a shadow, in fact I'm certain it's a shadow, of the nettles by the bridge wall?
It's definately a shadow, how do you jump to the conclusion that it's a ghost?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

To dark to be a shadow

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster
reply to post by Shamatt

To dark to be a shadow

Explain please

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I looks like the shape of a woman going from right to left accross the bridge.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have found out that the poster is a very experienced photographer so I would rather hear his opinion. In my opinion, I notice that this "shadow" stops at the wall. If it were a real shadow it would continue down the wall wouldn't it and not half way across the shadow? Lol probably not making any sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That my friend is a ghost. I don't think it's fake.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
I have found out that the poster is a very experienced photographer so I would rather hear his opinion. In my opinion, I notice that this "shadow" stops at the wall. If it were a real shadow it would continue down the wall wouldn't it and not half way across the shadow? Lol probably not making any sense.

It would depend on the position of the object causing the shadow.
I'm not 100%, but I feel it may be the plant on the right hand side of the bridge, if not that, then it might be something out of shot that's causing it.

You did make perfect sense

edit on 20-3-2011 by BrianDamage because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleDreamer

Don't you think that you're jumping to conclusions?
What is your definition of a ghost and how do you come to the conclusion that it is one?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If you look at the bushes on the right of the bridge the lowe ones are casting shadow on the bridge itself. The larger ones wich stick up are casting shadows on the building behind the bridge, that big dark area on the right. Note how the shadows of these plants are hazy and do not have well defined outlines. Also note the depth of darkness changing accross the shadows.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Another wall climbing plant?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by LittleDreamer

Don't you think that you're jumping to conclusions?
What is your definition of a ghost and how do you come to the conclusion that it is one?

IDK, that's just my opinion. Maybe I am "jumping to conclusions", who knows, but it reminds me of a ghost.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Looks like a shadow, in fact I'm certain it's a shadow, of the nettles by the bridge wall?

Agreed. A shadow.

I'd say it is someone standing to the right and BEHIND the camera.

How?

There is probably a person being lit from the front by one of the many illuminations around the place.

It is simply (looks to be) throwing the shadow of the person onto the wall.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Agreed. A shadow.

How?

There is probably a person being lit from the front by one of the many illuminations around the place.

The flood lights are low down, below the level of the bridge. See that the underside of the bridge is iluminated. The bright burned out area on the right is the location of the flood light.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Agreed. A shadow.

How?

The flood lights are low down, below the level of the bridge. See that the underside of the bridge is iluminated.

There is more than one light source, look at the building behind the bridge, top right of picture, there's more light there.
Also, as the light is down low, and pointing upwards, that only reinforces my thought that it's the plant matter on the right side of the bridge, that would explain why the shadow doesn't go further down the wall.
edit on 20-3-2011 by BrianDamage because: to add stuff

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Agreed. A shadow.

How?

The flood lights are low down, below the level of the bridge. See that the underside of the bridge is iluminated.

There is more than one light source, look at the building behind the bridge, top right of picture, there's more light there.

Yes but that light is on the other side of the bridge.

Also note the dark area bottom righ corner extending up the right hand side of the picture. This is the wall which stops you falling into the canal. Notice the top of the wall has no light falling on it. This is because there are no other light sources of note other than the flood light below bridge level, and light above the shop on the other side of the bridge. Any shadow from this light would have fallen behind the camera, not in front of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Agreed. A shadow.

How?

Yes but that light is on the other side of the bridge.

Also note the dark area bottom righ corner extending up the right hand side of the picture. This is the wall which stops you falling into the canal. Notice the top of the wall has no light falling on it. This is because there are no other light sources of note other than the flood light below bridge level, and light above the shop on the other side of the bridge. Any shadow from this light would have fallen behind the camera, not in front of it.

Fair enough, we can do this back and forth thing all week and get nowhere.
Bottom line, unless we have access to the area to investigate objects and light sources we can't prove anything.
But, in all honesty, that is just a shadow, nothing here even slightly suggests ghosts, spirits, demons or anything even slightly supernatural.
It is a shadow that can't be explained by the the limited information provided.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I played with the levels a bit, there seems to be something about the same place on the reflection in the water.

large
edit on Sun, 20 Mar 2011 06:08:51 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's a shadow, and shadow's cannot be "too dark"... You just want it to be a ghost real bad

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
It's a shadow, and shadow's cannot be "too dark"... You just want it to be a ghost real bad

At last, some common sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join