It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama tells Americans: Do NOT prepare for radioactive fallout, just listen to your government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

In a truly incredible example of the complete disregard for the health and safety of the American people, President Obama today told Americans that they should NOT prepare for radiation from the possible meltdown of the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan. His exact quote: "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and public health experts do not recommend people in the U.S. take precautionary measures beyond staying informed."

Our government NOT recommending taking precautionary measures????? WTH?

I was always under the impression that several government agencies (DHS, CDC, etc..) were strong advocates of preparedness. I guess it's only good preparedness when your government tells you to do it. So, go ahead, and don't be prepared for anything until your government tells you to.

LOL... this takes the cake.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Translation: Do not overdose on potassium iodide pills.

You are getting your source from a company hawking 'natural' cures, not all of which are safe. = perspective.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Where did he say "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR GOVERNMENT"

I seen the same thing on CNN, he only said do not prepare for radiation, prepare for an earthquake event on the west coast. Sounds like an anti-Obama thread, which there is already plenty of.
edit on 19-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

*face palm* Wow. That's great. Thanks Obama I'll remember to wait until it's okay to be prepared.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

You are getting your source from a company hawking 'natural' cures, not all of which are safe. = perspective.

Which ones aren't safe? Did he say it? Was it quoted in context? I've been reading this natural news website for years, they do a good job, IMO. Nothing wrong with the source, but even if you don't like the source, see above.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Regardless of what he said or didn't say, everyone should be prepared for anything, regardless.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicMan07
Where did he say "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR GOVERNMENT"

I seen the same thing on CNN, he only said do not prepare for radiation, prepare for an earthquake event on the west coast. Sounds like an anti-Obama thread, which there is already plenty of.
edit on 19-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

As is in the OP, he said:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and public health experts do not recommend people in the U.S. take precautionary measures beyond staying informed."

Where do you think he's looking for you to stay informed from?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Regardless of what he said or didn't say, everyone should be prepared for anything, regardless.

Deebo

Got that right!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You think you stretched the truth a little bit? He said "stay informed", which means pay attention to the news about possibly raising radiation levels if such a thing is too occur.

Obama is a puppet anyways.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry you don't grasp the fact that it's dangerous to start taking KI tablets before absolutely necessary. This is probably why some cities are pulling them from shelves as saftey precaution. Why must EVERYTHING mean some sort of giant cover up.

But if you want to experience iodine poisoning go right ahead

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You don't have to take KI pills.

Being prepared can mean building a fallout shelter or buying some guns in case civil war breaks out in the U.S....

But the puppet saying we should not prepare outside of learning the disinfo.... fail fail fail.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Because Obama is right.

Iodine supplements have health effects on their own, and the radiation increase in the US is small.

Better not deplete stocks of Potassium iodide (etc..) on something small, because if the accident gets worse then what happens if you actually need Potassium iodide and it's all gone because people panicked?

Better to not have people waste their time and panic to mitigate a risk that at the moment is practically non-existent.
edit on 19/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Someone should tell the government to stop building all those massive underground bunkers because there's nothing to fear!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If it was flu it would be an emergency and we'll all need injecting with untested vaccines, but radiation, oh, that's just fine; it's only life or death
edit on 20-3-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

i don't believe in untested vaccines either but you're more likely to die or be seriously effected by a resistant strain of flu, at the time Swine Flu than you are from radio active fall out.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Do you think if I paid thousands of dollars they would let me occupy the smallest corner of one of their underground bunks when SHTF for the tenth time? _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by boncho

Which ones aren't safe? Did he say it? Was it quoted in context? I've been reading this natural news website for years, they do a good job, IMO. Nothing wrong with the source, but even if you don't like the source, see above.

Product 1 from naturalnews.com store -DMSO-Dimethyl Sulfoxide

Dimethyl sulfoxide can produce an explosive reaction when exposed to acid chlorides; at a low temperature, this reaction produces the oxidant for Swern oxidation.

DMSO exposure to developing mouse brains can produce brain degeneration.[15] This neurotoxicity could be detected at doses as low as 0.3 mL/kg, a level exceeded in children exposed to DMSO during certain medical treatments.

I am not claiming DMSO has no health benefits. But used improperly it can be considered unsafe.

Product 2 from naturalnews.com store. Idodine.

While Iodine does have benefits and is valuable to protect from radiation, there are many things that need to be considered when taking it.

SIDE EFFECTS: Nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, diarrhea, metallic taste in the mouth, fever, headache, runny nose, sneezing, or acne may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: burning mouth/throat, sore teeth/gums, swelling inside the mouth, increased saliva, eye irritation/swollen eyelids, severe headache, swelling of the front of the neck/throat (goiter), signs of decreased thyroid gland function (e.g., weight gain, cold intolerance, slow/irregular heartbeat, constipation, unusual tiredness), confusion, numbness/tingling/pain/weakness of the hands/feet.Seek immediate medical attention if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: chest pain, black stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, bloody diarrhea.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing, fever with joint pain.This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially of: ACE inhibitors (e.g., captopril, lisinopril), angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs such as losartan, valsartan), certain "water pills" (potassium-sparing diuretics such as amiloride, spironolactone, triamterene), drospirenone, eplerenone, lithium, drugs that contain potassium (e.g., supplements such as potassium chloride).This document does not contain all possible interactions.

Source

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just listen to our government eh? Interesting headline.

What I don't get is why he says staying informed is our best course? Isn't japan lying and telling everyone including their own people that everything is going to be fine when it's obvious to the ENTIRE world it isn't? Yes I'll believe the government's information when they stop deleting it from their seismographic websites covering the Yellowstone park. I'll start believing them when they think the best thing is to let us take care of ourselves in a time of impending emergency. If we knew there was a danger, I'm betting most of us would step forward to protect our own rather than waiting for Government to help us after the fact. Not all of us are stupid after all. No, Obama, I don't trust you or anyone working for you. I also don't need you to tell me to keep informed. Duh. I'm listening to what you're saying so I must be doing exactly that...

On another note there are vitamin supplements that ARE harmless that can help.

Radiation could affect US Food

There's a list of vitamins and supplements that should be taken normally that naturally help combat radiation apparently. These supplements can be found at any health food store easily. No harmful Iodide until it's absolutely needed I say.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx

Do you think if I paid thousands of dollars they would let me occupy the smallest corner of one of their underground bunks when SHTF for the tenth time?

I know where you could get a nice underground doomsday condo for $1.75 million.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Awesome! Now all I'll have to do when the world does end is sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch the fireworks. _javascript:icon('
')

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join