It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
1. If one is intrigued by a particular time in history, is this an indication that we might have a past life tied to this time period. For example, I feel drawn to the late 30's and early 40's (WWII) era and have often wondered if I didn't live in this time period.

2. One of my other thoughts is on futurelife. Many, many times I've felt that I've been born too soon. In my mind, I have these grandiose visions of what the future looks like and wonder if a future life somehow has the ability to peer into my life now. Weird, huh.

Hey there Freenrgy2,

#1 This is often the case ... however if you were to be regressed it is no guarantee that you would automatically recall such a lifetime ... during regression you are drawn to recall the lifetime that bears the most relevance and provide the most help in your current life progress. (see Gavin's Pastlife Casefile on my website ... he was a perfect example of this; www.pastlivesparanormalandpagans.webeden.co.uk...

For example; you might be drawn to recall a lifetime because you are repeating lessons that you have already learned and don't need to repeat ... or you might recall a lifetime that will remind you of something already learned in order to progress now.

#2 As I've already mentioned a couple of times there is no way to confirm the details of Future-life Memories ... but an idea just popped into my head when I read your post ... why don't you write some of your ideas down in as much detail as possible ... include a few labelled sketches if possible and make some sort of a time-capsule with this data in it ... along with a photograph and some general information about yourself.

Whilst it might be frustrating if some of your ideas are proven correct after you have left this incarnation ... at least someone will discover the time capsule some day and if you were correct then at least it will be known that you thought of it first or long before your suggestions were reality

I think this would be a really cool idea for anyone who feels they have experienced future lifetimes to do.

Woody

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Super Katsurio
reply to post by woodwytch

My questions are these:
Do people's personalities remain intact from one life to the next?
Or do their personalities change?
Now that I think about it, does their intelligence remain the same, too?
What kind of spiritual and/or mental growth do they experience, if any?

Hey there Super Katsurio,

Each lifetime serves the purpose of learning a different set of lessons (some may be fault others will be attributes) sometimes as I've already mentioned people will have to return in order to repeat certain lessons that they skipped as a result of 'freewill' ... so in general a persons personality will be different each time because they are different individuals.

However, there will be certain residual elements and fragments that follow us through to other lifetimes that will be added into the mix of the new personality /// therefore we may maintain certain characteristics from a previous lifetime.

For example; I have many similar personality traits and characteristics that Hilley Tregasky had during my Cornish incarnation ... and I share some of the interests that Maude Faulkner had during my Edwardian incarnation ... there are not so many strong influences from my Crow / Blackfoot incarnation ... and thankfully nothing to speak of from the personality and characteristics of Themah in my Egyptian incarnation.

As for intelligence ... again it is variable ... in one lifetime we may have been a genius ... in the next we may have come back to see what we can learn from being illiterate ... but the majority of our incarnations may see our intelligence being middle of the road ... the more important factor being the life-lessons that our soul absorbs.

Woody

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
As I do not have the inclination to read every post, I apologize if the issue I raise has already been covered.

My question, and my concern, regards the reawakening of attachments and associations which may occur as a result of pastlife recollections. Are there any safeguards against this, and what advice can you offer to those who are caught in the powerful pull of such revived connections?

To illustrate with just one such example from my own pastlife recalls, there is one person with whose soul I have had very close and intimate bonds in almost every lifetime I remember, going back as far as the beginning of time on this plane and even beyond. Our connection has served a very definite purpose, and I can see that my own life this time around has been a preparation to bring this purpose to fruition. However, the other person, though initially fascinated, has made the choice to exit from the connection in this life, partly, I think, because my own awareness scared the heck out of them, but also because their own attachments and tendencies in this life led them in a different direction.

The point I am trying to make is that knowing the extent to which our souls' journeys are interwoven has posed a real challenge to my ability to see the relationship at the here-and-now realistic level, how it is actually playing out. It has been a trial to put aside my own knowledge and approach the connection from a pragmatic and down to earth viewpoint, dealing with what is, rather than all that is.

In this, and several other key associations, the pastlife awareness has been a great burden to carry, even while it has answered many burning questions. I wonder if this is a common problem encountered by others?

Hey there mysticnoon,

This is a brilliant point that you raise and something that is more common than you might think.

Whilst there may well have been other reasons for you to come together in multiple lifetimes it is one phrase that caught my attention and explains so much and that phrase is; 'very close and intimate bonds in almost every lifetime'.

If you look beyond the surface of this statement you will see that you have pinpointed the problem.

I would hazard a guess and say that you and this person have chosen to 'repeat' the same lesson over several lifetimes because the lesson is not being learned and so like groundhog day it is being repeated.

It seems that you might be the one who is refusing to learn the lesson of seperation.

I have come across this a few times with my own clients ... in one case that always comes to mind the person who was/is in your position could not allow the tie to be severed because of the great guilt caused by her actions in one of the pastlives they had shared ... and in spite of several returns to repeat the lesson and clear the blockage so that both their souls could progress she could never bring herself to see it through.

Once we had pinpointed this problem and put things into their rightful place she was finally able to understand and let go ... now they will not have to repeat the same pains the next time around.

You need to retrace the times you remember and discover what it is that is preventing you from accepting the next step to progress ... remind yourself that you are also preventing the other persons souls progression too because each time you can't see it through.

Try to look at the situation from a soul level and not from the painful perspective of your mortal self ... remember that is only your jacket so to speak ... there is so much more to 'you' that needs attention and encouragement.

Woody

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

I know its odd but I know exactly who I was in my last life. My name was Elenore R. Smith and I was born in Handly W. Virginia. My mother hit me in the head with her shoe when I was 13 and I died the next morning of a brain anurisim.

In this life my mother admitted hateing my guts from birth and she gave me away permanently when I was 13. (coincidence?)

I believe who choose our lives with guidence from the council befor we are born. My question to you would be how do I know the lesson I keep returning to learn?

Hey there Magantice,

Well, without knowing all the details of your pastlife and present-life comparrisons I suggest that you try to pinpoint the areas that seem to repeat a pattern ... when you can single them out you need to examine them closely and see how they make you 'feel' (angry / sad / complacent / resigned etc) and whatever you come up with that will be the area you need to work on in order to take the lessons on board and resolve them by making any necessary changes in your present life that will allow you to progress rather than continue to repeat.

Woody

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you.

In some ways this kind of piggybacks on Odessy’s question about us being everyone. But my thought is this..
Do you think our same soul reincarnates repeatedly as the same whole?

What I mean is could it be possible that instead of being everyone, you are bits and pieces of each other? Could souls be like water in the sense that if you take a cup of water out of a pool you have a whole cup, but if you poor the water back into the pool you can never get the same whole cup back? You may get some of the same water molecules but not all of them. Is it possible that souls work the same way? When you die you return to the soul pool, so to speak, and that’s why there are soul groups or memory complexes?

I’m not quite sure what I think at this point but it is something I’ve pondered.

My other question is about illness or ailments. Do you think it’s possible that these things can bring on spontaneous past life memories?
It’s kind of a long story, but a few years back I had a couple of strange flashes of what felt like strong déjà vu, where I felt like I was seeing a past life of some sort. It was very pieced, very jumbled and very hard to make anything of it. It was accompanied by a numbness of the left side of my body and lots of brain fog and confusion. The same thing occurred a couple more times and I figured it was time to get it checked out. I was worried I had temporal lobe epilepsy as the symptoms were the only ones I could find that matched. I saw some doctors and therapists with varying answers to my issue. In the end they thought it was nothing more than a migraine aura. One therapist recommended that I read Celestine Prophecy, so of course that peaked my curiosity about the instances even more.

What do you think of this? Was it an ailment, or a glimpse into the past/future?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Can you tell me if i was a Ninja Assassin -.-

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Greetings Woodwytch,

I'm still being patient (page 6, 5-3-11) I think you'll agree? But I still don't know if there is a common reason to recall, in the greatest detail, our deaths?

At your leisure please...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi Woody
Very interesting and generous of you to offer your time and efforts to those of curious on these issues...
I've been to a channeler and she saw 2 of my previous lives, I'm curious if there are others and what they might be, since the two that I had strong clues about even before the reveal, are so far different from each other.
if you are so inclined at some point, and need more details about me, hit me up and we can chat

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by linesinthesand

as to the second part of your question ,yes the wounds from past lives do re-manifest themselves in this life time . they are sometimes called phantom pain as there is no visible sign of an injury nor is their any reason that a doctor can find that this pain should exist.and yet it does exist for us and the pain is very real to those who suffer from it.
Dr. Brian wiess has a couple of books out which you might find interesting on the subject of regression as it was something that he actually stumbled onto through 1 of his patients during a session of hypnosis not regression .the first on is called many lives and many masters ,it is a little dry reading but it does delve into the 2 questions that you have asked . it is intriguing as you begin to learn about the masters or guardians or guides that we all have at our disposal to use to help us it also goes into how to begin to understand the lessons that we need to learn about our selves in this life time ,as his patient exhibits all the signs that you have asked about and throughout his book he tells you that the more he worked with her the more the pains and suffering lessened or completely disappeared .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi, woodwytch. Great of you to do this...very fascinating reading and answers. I was wondering, in a general sort of way, if past lives ever come to a person in dreams (not fantastical dreams, but recurring dreams of specific events or situations, like a wedding, a funeral, and a traumatic, foreboding event in between and all linked to a certain person that you might know now, sort of). Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

thanks, I share that mentality

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

most regresionists will take you back with good thoughts and deeds only not DEATH.who wants to relive their many deaths over and over -no one does .
i wish everyone would take the words DEATH- DEAD OR DYING out of their languages.as death does not exist as the end, it is only the beginning of the next journey.it is a transitional moment in time,it takes only a split second in time for you to break free of the body that binds you here to the physical self,then the true nature of our selves is revealed to you all . we are not physical beings we are all spiritual beings or beings of light -aka energy.
those of us like myself that have had the pleasure of what you call near death experiences can tell you all that what i just wrote is true as we have already been through it , and back in this life time . with me it was 3 times over the course of 2 days due to a motorcycle accident. twice i refused to answer them the third time i answered them i was dragged back here kicking and screaming all the way as i did not want to return to this insane world ruled by madmen and fools.
what i was shown and told is mind boggling , the amount of information pasted between them and us has taken me about 30 years to fully understand and comprehend ,and i was only gone for a total of 45 minutes.
but as to recalling your death in the most vivid and minutest detail i can still recall every sight-sound -smell and word with the utmost clarity ,it is as if it just happened to me a moment ago ,well it happened aug. 29 1975.
one of the many changes that i have gone through is the psychic abilities have manifested at levels unknown to most .being able to see through time space and distance as if there is no such thing . being able to see right down to the fabric that holds all things together .being able to see or read something and being able to recall everything almost instantly,something that i could never do before ,it is like having a photographic and photogenic mind -all seeing and all knowing and yet i am still learning from my experience..being able to see within people and see what is wrong with them -health wise-, also being able to reach out and touch the light within them and healing them on the spot .being shown and forewarned or foretold of events concerning my self or people who touch me ,say through a hand shake sometimes it is shown many years in advance of it taking place.
how would anyone be able to handle these incredible changes that i have gone through and retain their sanity ,as those who we are shown to help or need help look at me as if i`m a little off the beaten track,but i do as i`m told by the masters as arguing with them or doing as you please because you enjoy it cost me 1 accident ,1 year straight in traction in the hospital , 21/2 years learning how to walk again on my own 2 legs ,and a total of 55 operations to my legs so far .and some people think that they have had it rough ,wow,all they showed me was 1 accident but i would walk again -the rest was not shown to me ,maybe i`m a little headstrong ,but now i do listen with intent,no questioning and no assuming that all is as it should be to the rest of you .
i hope this helps you a little .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have wanted to be regressed for some time now and this may just start me looking for someone to help do that. I saw an empathic psychic last year with an open mind and she surprised me with the things she knew, she was correct 90% of the time. It was recorded and I still have the audio tape.

I have a personal question if you don't mind. Are you religious in any way at all, or would you rather call yourself spiritual? or neither.

Thanks, I have followed your threads on here for some time now and think it's great that you share your knowledge and opinions here on ATS.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey there guys ... so sorry I thought this thread had died ... but I see it's had a new burst of life (oh the irony)

As you may have guessed (my being a Pastlife Regression Therapist and all) I have been regressing all day ... so I know you'll understand when I say that I need a bit of a break from it this evening.

However, tomorrows the weekend and I have no clients so I promise I will come back and reply to all of the posters who have been waiting ... and I will definately add a very basic method for those of you who would like to recall their own past lives (or at least give it a try) ... because some of you have been extremely patient in your wait for that ... and your patience will be rewarded.

For the now I'm just going to browse the boards for a while and I'll return here on the morrow

Woody

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Can you tell me if i was a Ninja Assassin -.- [/qote]

Hey there milkyway12,

Yours is very short so I'll just give an equally quick answer to that question;

Maybe you were ... maybe you weren't ... only you have the answer ... but something tells me you already guessed what my reply would be ... so at least your psychic abilities are improving

Woody

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I have another question when you get the time, if you don't mind.
I'm of the belief that there is much life in the universe, including sentient beings. Additionally, through quantum science, I see that everything is connected; all life, everywhere.
SOOO, and I'm sure you know where I'm going with this, have you ever encountered anyone that has had a past life NOT on this earth?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
Hey there guys ... so sorry I thought this thread had died ... but I see it's had a new burst of life (oh the irony)

As you may have guessed (my being a Pastlife Regression Therapist and all) I have been regressing all day ... so I know you'll understand when I say that I need a bit of a break from it this evening.

However, tomorrows the weekend and I have no clients so I promise I will come back and reply to all of the posters who have been waiting ... and I will definately add a very basic method for those of you who would like to recall their own past lives (or at least give it a try) ... because some of you have been extremely patient in your wait for that ... and your patience will be rewarded.

For the now I'm just going to browse the boards for a while and I'll return here on the morrow

Woody

Sod's Law dictates that as soon as I say something stupid like (I love you ... sorry kidding ... couldn't resist - for the younger members that's the title of an old song btw ... I wasn't randomly declaring my love for everyone on the thread ... er hum ... sorry I digress) the above, everybody and their dog in the real world is demanding my attention ... needless to say yesterday was not the quiet time I expected ... and as lack of posts from me for yesterday shows ... I was unable to keep my promise (again
)

I have about an hour before family descends on my home for a visit so I will try and answer as many posts as I can between now and then ... but I will not compromise on detail so that may not be too many in this session.

Woody

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I have to admit I have doubts about the whole past lives issue. Not an adamant disbeliever, but not convinced either. But I do have a question related to the issue.

What do you say to someone who claims to remember past lives, but they always seem to be based on movies, even to the point of using names of the major characters? For example, I was once told that I was, in a former life, the Cincinnati Kid, who, oddly enough, was described as looking like Bogart in the Big Sleep. This same person also claims to have lived lives that uncannily resemble the storylines of Gone With the Wind and Gaslight.

I personally think this person just has attention issues, but I'd like to hear you thoughts on the matter.

Hey there subject x,

I quoted the whole post because you probably forgot what you asked ... it's been so long (sorry)

Well, the main thing that jumps out of your post are the words 'I was once told' ... this is my all time pet-peeve ... when some eejit thinks they can 'tell' someone who they were in a pastlife. Maybe they are genuinely psychic and really did see the flashes of your previous lifetime ... but it serves no valid purpose to you ... the whole point of pastlife recall from a beneficial and/or theraputic perspective comes from the person recalling their own memories (not being 'told' by a second party).

I have 'seen' flashes of other peoples lives occasionally ... but it would be very unethical of me to 'tell' them what I'd seen uninvited.

The first time this happened to me was when I was being interviewed by a reporter for a local newspaper about PLRT. I'd just finished explaining how it can be very helpful in resolving phobias brought through as a result of something that happened in a pastlife as opposed to something that occured in the present lifetime.

He began to tell me that he had a phobia of water and had never learned to swim because of it ... instantly I saw a small fishing boat bobbing about in a stormy sea and the guy who was interviewing me had fallen overboard ... because he was wearing and oilskin slicker and heavy, woolen clothing underneath he was unable to swim and was inevitably pulled under by the weight of wet clothing and drowned.

I saw all this in an instant and it was a very strange feeling ... but I needed to compose myself equally as quickly because it was not my place to tell him his present life phobia was the result of a pastlife death ... because that would not have cured his phobia ... to achieve that he would have needed to recall the memories himself and allow his subconscious mind to process them. Then on the deepest level he would have known that something that happened in another lifetime had no reason to harm him now.

As for your question about memories sounding like film scripts etc.

Initially you have to realize that film scripts are written by people from life events ... even if those life events are exaggerated or ficticious. And obviously we tend to watch films that we have an interest in (subject matter / genre etc) ... and all that data gets stored in our subconscious / unconscious mind. So naturally it is very easy for the human mind to jumble these details up with 'real' events ... escapism plays a huge part in our mental wellbeing because it provides a release for the mudane that swamps us on a daily basis.

And that is why the questions I ask are set in a particular way.

The first few questions are very general (so that the conscious mind feel safe) ... the next few questions go a little deeper and quite often will appear (and potentially could be) the result of film / book information ... but at a fairly superficial level ... by then the conscious mind has not only stepped down from 'high-alert' ... it has more often than not got bored and wondered off ... and that is when the deepest memories of your pastlives are allowed to surface.

As a result, the client on my couch is responding to my questions as the person they were before ... not only with different mannerisms or a different tone to their voice ... but by explaining their answers from 'memory' not 'imagination' and whilst subtle ... there really is a very distinct difference that has to be seen to be believed.

And when we finish they are genuinely beyond surprised by the things that they have recalled ... this is why I absolutely love it when I get a more sceptical client who likes the idea ... but doesn't really believe anything will happen ... the expression on their faces is always one of stunned amazement.

Hope this answers your question properly ... and I'm inclined to think you are correct about the person who 'told' you who you'd been before ... definately has attention issues ... who know maybe that's due to a pastlife event

Woody

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
How can you tell if you are having past life memories or just bringing interests into your mind's wanderings?. I have always had an interest in American Indian folk stories, life, art, et cetera. One day I was just sort of totally relaxed listening to some American Indian music when I started visualizing a scene - I was an Indian leaning over a fire cooking a meal. I could see a few kids running around playing. It was a strange memory because it ran more like a movie in my mind, but I was in it. Nothing exciting was happening, just a clip from a regular day - so was this possibly a past life memory?

Do current interests arise from past lives?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Woody! Hey!

I have just a quick question, concerning something I apparently said to my mum when I was four years old.
Later in life my mum told me what had happened and what I said to her.

In short, she said I told her that I was actually her mother in my previous life. Apparently this happened when we were walking along some street and she tugged at my hand.
She said that my whole voice sort of got ''adult like'' and I stated that she shouldn't tug my hand like that. I said I never treated her like that when I was her mum.
She asked when I was her mum, and I said before I was even born, or something along those lines. (can't quite remember now exactly how she told me)

She got scared by the unusual change in me and my tone, along with what I was saying to her, but proceeded to question me.
She asked me was I also my dad's mum. I said ''No silly!!! My dad had white hair, and a long white beard''.

This is where she officially got too freaked out, and left it there. But it lingered with her long enough to tell me this when I grew up.

So! Has you ever heard of this, where a daughter/son can actually have been their parents parent in a previous life?

edit on 5-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

Hey there wildeagle,

You may be surprised to know that this is far more common than you might imagine ... and freaks parents out no end

I've already touched on the subject of 'soul groups' in an earlier post ... and this is the kind of thing that backs-up the theory that the same group of souls share numerous lifetimes together taking different roles ... sometimes in different genders etc ... and the roles don't have to be important everytime eg;

Two souls may already have had several lifetimes together as say, father and daughter ... the next time they might come back with the roles reversed ... or they may come back as best friends or even work coleagues.

But sometimes one of those souls may just have a 'walk-on' role in the other persons life just to trigger a single thought in order to keep or help the other soul stay on track for whatever reason and never see them again in that lifetime.

My ex-daughter-in-law has a little girl who is 5yrs old and just the other week they were walking down the street when a man and woman passed them in the opposite direction and the 5yr old looked at her mom and nonchantly exclaimed - 'do you remember when I used to be his mom' !

Which not only implied that the 5yr old had been the man's mother in a pastlife ... but that her own present life mother had been there too because she was most indignant that she didn't remember ... as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

This is also one explanation for why we sometimes take an instant like / dislike to someone we've never met before in this lifetime.

Woody

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join