It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Program & Breakaway Civilization to Be Unveiled!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Still waiting to see something about a Secret Space Program. A bit gutted to come back here after hours and see that it's still about the Twin Towers.

They'll probably come out with it around midnight, Jim Oberg will have it debunked in this thread by 5 past midnight.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure I can spare the effort, or the justification -- most of Richard's stuff is self-debunking with no need of help from me, although I did manage to blast his mythical "Marine fighter pilot Ken Johnston" hyped in his recent book, out of the second edition ["never mind!!"], with some FOIA-obtained documentation on Johnston's real military record. That was sweet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
I think we need a new word to complement Ufologist. A ufologist can be someone who at least tries to study the facts with a historic, archival, or scientific approach, like Dolan or Stanton Friedman.

A Claimologist can be someone who just makes stuff up for pure entertainment value, the wilder the story the better. Of course there are already words for those people: fabulists, dissimulators, carnival barkers, Doctor Greers, and flim flam men come to mind.

Interesting idea.

How about "ufologer"??

...as in 'astrologer'

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
If they actually cared, and this was actually true, they would NOT BE charging money for it!!!!!

they would just disclose it.

they will be "connecting the dots" as the AD says, so different speculative info tied together, into like what we do here.

I wish it were true, but sorry, it aint

Yeah, I do indeed agree "insight" should be offered in the spirit for which it was always given, you pay back when you take what you learn and give it away. Sadly, I am forced to report the truth, money matters. And I speak from the perspective of an unapologetic capitalist. If what they have is of value, the Romans said it best; "Let the buyer be ware"

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I'm not sure I can spare the effort, or the justification -- most of Richard's stuff is self-debunking with no need of help from me, although I did manage to blast his mythical "Marine fighter pilot Ken Johnston" hyped in his recent book, out of the second edition ["never mind!!"], with some FOIA-obtained documentation on Johnston's real military record. That was sweet.

Haha, after listening to a bit of it I can see what you mean. I didn't hear anything from Dolan and am still interested in what he's researching and writing, but some of the others look like they might be causing their own problems. Not saying their completely wrong either, but some of it just seems to have too many problems or be too far out.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

How about "ufologer"??
...as in 'astrologer'

Hey, a name change couldn't hurt. Perception means a lot when it comes to UFOs, and changing a name might help differentiate people with a legitimate, non-sensationalistic interest in UFOs from those who are just waiting for ET to take them for a ride to Happy Planet in their silvery saucers. So maybe:

Ufometrist? Somebody who deals with UFO physical data?
Ufonomer? Somebody like an astronomer, who looks in the for UFOs rather than at planets?
Ufosopher? Somebody interested in the philosophical aspects of the UFO phenomenon?

Good thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How about a "uforic"

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Well, there IS a secret Navy Space Command. Actually, it's a joint forces mission between the Navy and AF, but why quibble?

Of course there's a Space Command. And it's obviously not tremendously secret, or we wouldn't know about it. But it's unlikely to have a large manned space program, and probably deals more with tracking and monitoring strategic resources in space, and once in a while replacing the older spy satellites with shiny new ones. It would be interesting if they did have a little manned spaceflight program, even if it was only sending the odd soldier up ever once in a while to change the batteries or upgrade the electronics in the old satellites. I haven't heard anything to verify that, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

How about a "uforic"

I would go for "uforicist." How would you describe yourself? You obviously have an interest in the subject, or you wouldn't keep showing up. You keep abreast of the major activities in the field. And while you might be a "skeptic," you're not a passive skeptic who just ignores the subject completely. I think "UFO analyst/commentator" is probably most accurate, but it doesn't roll off the tongue in a slick PR way.

Ufothusiast?
I don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

So I can either pay 100$ to view this, or hear about it when it is leaked all over the internet for free. But great find Op I can't wait to hear the news.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Okay, for those ripping on Hoagland, he doesn't deal with UFO's just so you know. Some of his stuff is a little over-the-top, but the hyperdimensional physics may have some merit.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
8 pages and we still have no evidence of the "breakaway civilization" or "secret space program" Surprising really?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
8 pages and we still have no evidence of the "breakaway civilization" or "secret space program" Surprising really?

I agree.

I came here looking to sift through evidence, links, or at least ideas, instead I got members discussing the price of the author's books and grumbling about entrance fees.

Can we start again people?

www.abovetopsecret.com... ( related? link from 2004) - maybe some info there?

Not so much a discussion about a break away society but a discussion about secret vehicles. But could be linked?

--

www.abovetopsecret.com... - a thread from 2008 -

“And apparently, NASA must be used to convince the public
that our current technology, such as with our very old and decrepit
Space Shuttle program, is the best we have, while our military
conducts space missions with technology that we can only
fantasize about while watching Star Trek.” - USAF Medic, 1980s

At least according to the 2nd thread author.

How is it that for more than half century since NASA was created it has made no fundamental scientific or technological progress in getting off this planet? Is it because this is just a cover for the actual top secret space program where billions of dollars are being pumped into R & D by black projects? Or where have these billions gone? Making paper planes?

--
3rd link i've found, not sure how reputable it is.

unitednationsoffilm.com...

update 18 November 2010 - The Quadrillion dollar question: Where did all our money go and why are we in such debt globally? There is a separate space program, which you guys are paying for and they’re not telling you anything about it, and as a result, NASA is a bit of a joke. We have a special space program and it is apparently known as the United States Aerospace Command and it is a joint service agency. That means it includes Navy, Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and it also includes the British Aerospace Command. It’s basically where all the missing 100′s of Trillions , sorry Quadrilions went. (our calculator doesn’t have enough digits to work it out).
Robert “Bob” Dean worked for NASA for over 30 years. In 2009 he thought it about time to reveal the origins a NASA photographic library “lost footage” and evidence of a USSS fleet (detailing a transfer of admiralty from the USSS Curtis Lemay and USSS Roscoe Hillencotter) captured on film during the Apollo 13 Mission. Nasa maintains they had lost 40 rolls of film with 1000′s of shots from the mission documenting this but a Japanese scientist, had a copy of everything from the sixties due to ever space agency involved having copies of the Secret Space Program and public Space Program Missions. - Read more excerpts from Bob Dean

articles.cnn.com...:US

CNN link:

Mystery surrounds the U.S. military's Orbital Test Vehicle, the X-37B OTV, which launched into space Thursday night from the Cape Canaveral Air Station in Florida.

Is it an aircraft? Is it the next generation space shuttle? How much does it cost? And why is it such a secret?

The X-37B OTV is a classified Air Force project that has never been fully explained by the Pentagon.

Some worry it may be the start of military operations in space -- that the plane might some day carry weapons to shoot down enemy satellites.

Weapon or something else?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Of course there's a Space Command. And it's obviously not tremendously secret, or we wouldn't know about it.

Oh, poo, you take all the fun out.

When I was working in Huntsville, the AF Space Command general came out to visit SMDC, which is the Army version.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me not to laugh when someone says "This is General Lance Lord, Space Command"?

What's worse is his second in command was named something like Adam Starman, it was almost as bad, I can't quite recall because I was trying so hard not to snort.

edit: I did ask later in private if they'd picked those two guys for their names, was told something harsh about behaving in front of brass. Alas.

"So, boss, can we drum up a chaplain named Jesus Godson for competition? Do you think there might actually BE someone named Roger Ramjet we could promote? I mean, if the AF has a Lance Lord, Space Command, you'd think DIA would be trying to get someone actually named James Bond"
edit on 3-4-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Interesting idea.

How about "ufologer"??

...as in 'astrologer'

I use the term 'ufolobollocker' - but that may only be relevent in Britain.

BTW - loved your articles in the old Omni magazine. Such a shame that was cancelled!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So did everyone get dupped again?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

Agreed. What do we have on those two things that we didn't have before? Anyone who hasn't posted yet that listened to most of this yesterday? Surely we've got at least something on the space program or breakaway civilization if that's what they titled the whole conference.

edit : sorry I just woke up, Ed Dames was going on about seeing ships all over the place in space, so to be fair we've got that, but I'd have like to have seen them take that info, then try to connect it to certain military programs, etc. Maybe they're trying to point us in the right direction but are wary of being too specific because of the dangers involved?

The main page on the site says they were going to "unravel the most expensive, secret and influential covert program hidden from society......the secret space program."

I know I joked about threads on here but I just feel like I could get more info from them to be honest.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
If they actually cared, and this was actually true, they would NOT BE charging money for it!!!!!

they would just disclose it.

they will be "connecting the dots" as the AD says, so different speculative info tied together, into like what we do here.

I wish it were true, but sorry, it aint

OK...here's the thing.

Everyone who bemoans these people making a living from the work they do to inform us, ask yourself this;

Do you think that we shouldn't pay wages or appearance fees to medical people?

How about medical researchers? How about scientists? Should we only ever pay them when they save a life, come up with a new practical theory, or invent something for the betterment of humankind?

Why should we pay anyone anything, for anything they do?

That is your logic, like it or not.

You are saying that Hoagland et al, should not be making a living from the research and information, appearances and books and videos they produce on the subject of their research...can you explain why we should pay a researcher/scientist/doctor a living, for the work they do, if the results they present do nothing for humanity...it's the same principle.

How many doctors, scientists etc. etc. would do the work they do, without funding or being able to survive financially? Well, unless they have independent financial means, and they're working for the love of the job, the answer is not very many at all.

Why do you expect people such as Hoagland and so on, to work their tails off, fly all over the world at their own expense, in order to give us the information and theories they have worked to produce...is their time less valuable than your time? Would you think it fair if your boss expected you to go to work for free?

Of course you wouldn't, and neither would these guys think it fair either, and i don't blame them.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Because it's like paying full price for a newspaper you already read.

Old news is old.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Interesting idea.

How about "ufologer"??

...as in 'astrologer'

No, it has the same etymological root, logos = reason
Maybe 'Ufooligan.'

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Maybe 'Ufooligan.'

This one really has promise, it underscores the repeated self-deception of the true believer...

You fool again, and again, and again, and again................

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join