It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

And anyone who thinks the lunar landings did not take place are just seeing what they want to see. Did you see the photograph earlier of the earth rising over the moon. The footage that was filmed from the moon surface of earth as she came over the horizon???

I'm not sure about the moon hoax but atleast I learned a little in threads..
That pic was NOT taken from the Moon, it's impossible from where they were..
It's taken from Apollo 8 which only orbited the moon, didn't land..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by pshea38

Originally posted by discostu123
reply to post by pshea38

if you have a brain then how can you think the moon landings were hoaxed? Anybody who thinks that is a moron and just adds more wight to the 'all conspiracy theorists are nutters' argument.

sorry...

i do have a brain mate. you look it up and get back to me explaining all the photographic anomalies and impossibilities and we will see what kind of a brain you have, and what class of a moron you are. anyone who does not hold conspiratorial views about quite a few issues now is a nutter in my book and is lacking in cognitive abilities and grey matter density.

And anyone who thinks the lunar landings did not take place are just seeing what they want to see. Did you see the photograph earlier of the earth rising over the moon. The footage that was filmed from the moon surface of earth as she came over the horizon???

Now karen, how can a camera (especially one from the 1960's) take a picture and keep both near object and distant object images in perfect focus?

I think if you Check This Out, and take the time to go through it, it might be worth your while.
You may be forced to ask yourself a few (or alot of, maybe) questions.

Remember that we are livng in the age of fakery (Moon Landings, 9/11, 7/7, Madrid and Bali Bombings, Gulf Oil Spill etc. etc. etc.). Whose word do we have, that these events went down the way they did?

Regards

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Now karen, how can a camera (especially one from the 1960's) take a picture and keep both near object and distant object images in perfect focus?

Sorry....I had to wipe the tears from my eyes....this really isn't the thread, but....that was just so, well.....

....I'd highly recommend a few lessons in photography for you!!

(muttering to myself....."especially one from the 1960's".....!! Sheesh!! :shk: .....mutter, mutter.....)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by pshea38

Sorry....I had to wipe the tears from my eyes....this really isn't the thread, but....that was just so, well.....

....I'd highly recommend a few lessons in photography for you!!

(muttering to myself....."especially one from the 1960's".....!! Sheesh!! :shk: .....mutter, mutter.....)

There is an awful lot of dots there weedywacker.
Maybe you should consider joining them.... Do you mutter to yourself often?....parff...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

thanks downloading mp3 now..=D

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

This is interesting, and frankly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. The various shapes, light arrays and patterns are evidence of divided individual technological advancements that could only alternating species unless a singular species visits us possessing different variations of one mechanical machine. I.e. our variations in transportation; cars, planes, trains, boats, etc. Also, to be aiding our existence is plausable and has most like been a continuing prosses since the beginnig, hence the ancient astronaut theory. Good thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This type of stuff is why I keep coming back to ATS!
S&F!
It's about time they moved onto revealing something big, assuming if they have something big

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I am laughing my arse off here.

People keep yammering on and on for "Disclosure".
When will it happen?
Will it ever happen?
How will it happen?

Guess what sugar tits?

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

and all I see are people who are too stupid to realize it.
I am now fully convinced that there are those unfortunate peolpe who cannot,will not, under any circumstance
believe that we are and have been visited by intelligent space fareing life from other planets.

They may SAY they believe it is possible but they just need proof.
Fine, here's proof.
"Ohh, well, that's not really proof, he was an Astronaut, Electromagnetic field this, mentally unstable that,"
You people DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!!!!
It threatens to bring crashing down your pretty little world view and everything you ever thought you knew.

This mans testimony would be good enough in a court of law!
Any prosecuting attourney would LOVE to have his testimony.
But not some people here.
It's not good enough because of Earths electromagnetic Field???????
You gotta be #ting me!!!!!

Now this has officially gotten rediculous!
I am OUT!!!!

Up until the modern era a good number of flat-worlder's held onto their delusions that the world was flat. It is called extreme skepticism. Or as I like to phrase it: one small step from total denial of reality. These people have their heads in the sand. We could argue all day the cause of this, maybe they where abused and have trust issues? Perhaps inbreeding or back-breeding somewhere along the genetic line, or maybe even genetic damage from pollution? Who knows, who cares?

These are the types of people who will end up committing mass-suicide or something if they are ever forced to face reality because they can't handle reality.

I think we are in a slow process of disclosure. Ever notice that the more people that say "not real/even if I see it, it must be a weather balloon" during each mini disclosure the PTB clamp up about it. But if a lot of people react in a "yeah so what?" or "we knew as much" even more info and stuff follows?

Maybe the PTB are worried the people who can't take it will snap and go postal. Add in the possibility of mass suicides and cult stupidity, I can certainly understand how keeping the secret is in the interest of national security. It isn't hard to imagine an extreme skeptic going off the wall and losing it, hurting innocent and sensible people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It actually makes sense from everything I've read about from alien witnesses and the different ufos that people have seen and photographed. People have seen ufos that have landed or perhaps crashed with aliens surrounding them. Usually once they noticed they were being watched they would cause the person watching to become paralyzed by shining something at them and then theyd fly away in their ufo. Somehow light is used to paralyze people. Some people have seen what looked more like human beings and some people have seen the typical small, thin armed and bug eyed beings. Some have seen what looked like children. Some have seen short and hairy beings. One sighting I read about there were 3 aliens that were wearing metallic diving suits. In another sighting two aliens in a ufo were described as men with white skin, hair to their shoulders, high foreheads, transparent helmets, and turquoise-blue clothing that resembled ski suits. I've read about a lot sightings where the beings were wearing helmets, which would make sense considering this planet could be dangerous for anything from another planet. If just some of the stories are true, then we could very well have been or could be being visited by different species who are more advanced than us.
edit on 15-2-2011 by ShnogTrip because: typos

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Damn it okay. I'm a logical person.

If one half of my brain says the moon landings were a hoax (or mostly a hoax?)
and the other half says lets believe what this guy says is true -

I feel like a bing "search overload" commercial.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

-Whenever i read something along the lines of "We are getting help" that makes me cringe at the audacity of someone's thought process in this situation...

-This world is rife with corruption and unjust people, yet some Aliens from another world are going out of their way to help a bunch of rotten greedy stinking humans?

-HAHAHA, i don't know the level of malfeasance that has taken place to dupe these so called "Aliens" into having anything to do with any of our Governments, but i assure you if it is true, they do so under threat of annihilation...

-He who controls the Alien controls the World!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
well, i just finished listening to the whole broadcast.

yeah i must say that guys speech is really abstract. the rushed pace mixed with the tone of his voice. its strange.

anyhow. lots of info inside that.this guy is quite an old jokester isnt he. hinting on about alot of things

eg. wait until they all get older and cant hold onto there secrets anymore =D.

GUILT!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diluted
reply to post by pshea38

Damn it okay. I'm a logical person.

If one half of my brain says the moon landings were a hoax (or mostly a hoax?)
and the other half says lets believe what this guy says is true -

I feel like a bing "search overload" commercial.

haha... i hear you brother.

i think it will take something extra-terrestrial to loosen the grip that the demons in power have over us and the world.
I really hope the e.t.'s will be on the side of the little people.

'i wish they would swoop down,
in a country lane.
late at night while i'm driving.
and take me on board, their beautiful ship,
show me other worlds,
i long to see them'.......radiohead - outside

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jclmavg

I'll ignore the stupid remark, I know a lot of people like to throw that out to make themselves feel intelligent in an argument they cannot possibly justify or prove. I dismiss him because he's one of the unending, seemingly educated and connected individuals who claim to KNOW information of EPIC scope. Guess what, almost NONE of these people can agree with each other (except that there might be aliens) when it comes to intention, motivations, or the general background. It's all to be taken with a GRAIN OF SALT buddy....It's like going to the beach and picking up a grain of sand hoping it will reveal the truth of our existence to you.

Secondly, If you want to entertain his fairy tale and actually start thinking about how several alien species could possibly "act and think" then go ahead and waste your time. I promise you if you're looking for the truth by doing so, you're wasting your time.

And lets get one thing clear...I replied to a post about Dr Mitchell and made my opinions clear of the man and his claims. I never attacked you or your intelligence, I made my views clear as to why I thought his claims are simply NOT A LOGICAL CLAIM TO BELIEVE IN. However, it seems it is too late for you as you have subscribed to his beliefs and subsequently attacked me as if I were directing those comments towards you. Even though I never even knew of your existence when I was writing my post.

Anyways, your nonsensical attack aside. Don't be so angry, it's o.k to be wrong, it doesn't mean you are stupid.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Just because he is an astronaut does not make him correct. His opinion is no different to any other old mans. He has no experience of ET does he? I have been to America, but that doesnt mean I know everything about all the US black projects. Its the same thing. He's been to space.......and? If he didnt shake hands with ET then his thoughts on this are no more important than anyone elses.

He has no proof and just shows his opinion. The same thing every single one of you hardline believers do.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I listened to this earlier today and i found it quite interesting. I had a WOW moment at the end of the interview, i plan on discussing this further when I am worthy of making a post of my own.
Cool post tho!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Either he has amnesia or was incredibly mistaken or he's a liar.

Or we're talking about two different cases. One recorded and in public domain, and the other not.

Two separate cases, both involving cameramen named Bittick and Gettys, who conveniently FORGOT to mention the second case when discussing the 'first' one with investigators? Extremely unlikely, IMHO.
I haven't seen in my brief research where Cooper mentions the actual names of the photographers. I only offered the idea of two different cases as one possible explanation, not the only one.

Cooper shows no signs of being a liar, although his story has 'evolved' over the years [which may be why Mitchell refuses to disclose the version of it that Cooper probably told him in 1968-9].
Tell me how it evolved here I am not a ufologist and have other things I do in life.

Now, in fact those photographs did not vanish after all: they had been sent to Project Blue Book, at Wright- Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio, per regulations (I even have talked to the officer who did the original Blue Book interviews, former Captain Hubert Davis, who had been greatly impressed with the witness's sincerity) . Years later the photos were pulled out of the retired Air Force files by UFO writers and investigators, as yet ignorant of the still-unpublished "Cooper connection". Two of the photos appear in Brad Steiger's paperback "Project Blue Book" (Ballantine, 1976) in the set of illustrations between pages 360 and 361. Wrote Steiger in the caption: "UFOs on target! Photos taken by United States military personnel" for case #4715, Edwards AFB, May 2 [sic!] 1957. But that case number did not appear on another list in Steiger's book, which included all "unsolved" cases. The Air Force must have found a satisfactory solution -- but what?
I linked to an interview of Gordon Cooper where he explicitly states that the incident he encountered where he packaged the film himself and sent it off to washington was never recorded by Blue Book. What you say here directly conflicts with his statement in the interview. But, as you say, his statements have evolved. So please elaborate on how they have evolved.

There is no evidence that Cooper ever heard this explanation, but he evidently had same misgivings about the case. In 1978, in his second interview with Spiegel (this time for OMNI), he evaded any discussion of the Edwards case by saying, "I'd just as soon not get into the Edwards incident. I didn't get to see anything personally, it was all second hand evidence really." That it was, and Cooper's caution was commendable -- if perhaps a bit tardy. His name had already been interwoven with the incident, and probably permanently.
Bottom line, irregardless of the inconsistencies, if you read McDonalds report, Case 41 here:
www.ufoevidence.org... sium.pdf

You see the following paragraph:

...They drove into the base and processed the film immediately. All three of the men I interviewed emphasized that the shots taken at the closer range were very sharp, except for the hazy rim. They said the dome and the markings or openings showed in the photos. The photos were shortly taken by Base military authorities and were never seen again by the men. In a session later that day, Bittick and Carson were informed that they had seen a weather balloon distorted by the desert atmospheric effects, an interpretation that neither of them accepted since, as-they stated to me, they saw weather balloons being released frequently there and knew what balloons looked like...
So the two photographers, despite being at variance with coopers account, still believe that what they saw was not a weather balloon. In fact, they were told it was a weather balloon by base personnel, according to McDonald, on the very exact same day that the incident happened. They didn't buy that explanation and I'm not sure we should, either. Nor do I think anyone should automatically assume that Cooper told us everything he knew or that the photographers or Hubert Davis present us the whole story. The quote above mentions that "The photos were shortly taken by Base military authorities and were never seen again by the men." Do we know for sure that Cooper wasn't one of the 'base military authorities'? While it's true plenty of what you have referenced is at odds with Coopers version of the story, that doesn't mean nothing can be gained from it.

Witnesses often report incorrectly. And we shouldn't assume that the two photographers and Hubert Davis present the case without error. If Cooper can remember the incident wrongly so can they. Cooper mentions he was working on the secret U2 program that wasn't even classified. It wasn't classified so it could avoid undue attention. I'm sure he was very busy and his memory prone to error, but I doubt he's alone. If the others offer something, so does Cooper. Don't cherry-pick.

My feeling is something strange happened. You have to generalize it. That doesn't mean aliens visited us on that day in the dry lake bed, but it means that something smells. It hints at something more.

Here is the interview where he mentions Blue Book did not cover it:
www.ufoevidence.org...

While I am not a ufologist, I think the one thing hardcore skeptics fail to anticipate is hte possibility that blue book and other 'serious' investigations of UFOs are not serious at all, in fact, they're out to prove that UFOs are not real. What if? Most people say this is impossible. There's no way our government could keep a lid on this. There's no way so many people could work together to lie and spread misinformation. I mean, if this were so, everyone that was involved in blue book would eventually come out and say it was a lie, right? Well, we DO have people come out and say it was a lie. From all walks of life, not just people like Cooper. It may not be the massive number of whistle blowers we expect to result from such a massive conspiracy, but perhaps there's a reason for this. Maybe people are threatened not to release information. Maybe they genuinely believe they're helping the country by not telling the truth - perhaps aliens are bad and we're at war with them? There must be an explanation for how a phenomenon of this size does not produce more whistle blowers.

Well, that's what we think, anyway. I haven't made my mind up, yet. All I know is is that I don't trust anyone about this issue. Too much going on. Too many people. Too many stories and points of view.

I think it's too easy for humans, as we are, to ridicule things that're not normal. It's normal human psychology to comform and condemn anything that falls out of step or says what nobody wants to hear. The problem is when this idea is taken to its extreme. Not every person that walks out of step or says what nobody wants to hear is worth listening to. Many of them are indeed crackpots and con-artists and so on. But what if some of them aren't, and what if there really is a concerted effort by a as yet unclassified and unlisted organization to both acquire ufo information and at the same time discredit it? Will we ever know? No, I do not believe we will. If this organization truly exists then it has lied too much to come clean. It has wrapped itself up in its own predicament. But it has one thing, at least, going for it: humans, by default, ridicule those that do not conform.

UFOs are so outside of our reality. It's too easy to ignore them and just assume it's venus or another nutjob. It's like uncovering 999 bricks and finding a worm everytime and not bothering with the 1000th brick that covers a ufo because you just assume it'll be another worm. Another liar. Another crackpot. But what if we're wrong. What if on rare occasions alien probes observe our planet, and for some reason or another we fail as a population to acknowledge their presence.

If there's no underlying conspiracy to hide this phenomenon, it's difficult to justify its continued inability to become a common truth. The only rationale explanation without some kind of active conspiracy is that UFOs represent natural events and man-made events. Otherwise, you'd expect evidence. Maybe some are ET but they're just so darn rare that they're mixed up with all of the BS and it becomes the same convoluted mess in the public's mind. How would scientists miss it, though? Well, normal people control their funding, and if normal people throw the real ET events in with the rest of the mess then the scientists are unlikely to get the real deal. But if it's indeed rare, and there's a conspiracy to hide it, this would no doubt aide the efforts of the conspirators.

No matter what happens people will continue to come out of the factory with ufo stories. Witnesses from all walks of life. History has shown this to be the case and I believe the future will too. Even I've known people in my community that have UFO stories. I even have a relative that says he saw one. So this isn't something I say from a distance. I KNOW there're people that have these stories to tell and they genuinely believe it. They may be inaccurate, they may be wrong, but they will continue to believe it and share it whether we agree or not. Where all this goes from here, who can say? Many who have sought the answer to ET have been long dead. And it's very likely you and me and everyone here who also looks for an answer will die in our quest without ever seeing or knowing about ET as well. It's sad and humbling that this happens, but it's sad and humbling that people die, for that matter. There're always things we will dream of and wish we had accomplished in life but never will. And the answer to UFOs is just one possible thing we can regret not having.

Everything I say here is simply my own speculation about the hereafter. The real science is much more intriguing. We're discovering planets beyond our solar system. To me this is more exciting than UFOs by themselves because scientists acknowledge the presence of these ET planets. That tells me that the general public and scientific establishment, if anything, are open and concerted about finding these planets and understanding them. If you talk about ET planets you're not ridiculed for it. For that reason it fills me with enthusiasm. Just think, there're other worlds like this one, billions more than likely, and that's only in this galaxy alone. What a wonder that's. We're so small by comparison. The universe is beyond our ability to comprehend. The distances involved are unimaginable. It's so incredible. And this is all real. Step outside at night and see the stars. Those are real. They're not fiction. There's a big universe out there and it's all real. Fantastic thought.
edit on 15-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I don't think it's a matter of mass suicide and people freaking out......

I think it's all about the many tens of thousands of innocent lives that have gone through alien experimentation as payment for a bit of technology thats behind the real cover up and all the secrecy.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just listened to the interview and it was very interesting. My biggest concern is all these experts who seem to be in the know are very calm lol I mean if I knew 100% that this stuff was real I'd be a little scared.
I'm a believer in aliens and ufos but I do find some of these claims hard to swallow.

Helgas

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just find it all so odd that they know all this stuff but can't provide us with anything to back up their statements. Im not trolling. I am a believer for sure. The thing is these people who come out of these statements are in a position where people will believe anything they say about space/aliens because they have been there and they can take advantage of that.

But then on the other hand, this is a very well respected man within NASA. Why would he risk that respect and come out with what are, let's be honest, stories that are very difficult to believe if they are not true. Fair enough lying about visiting one race but this many...who knows. All i can say is i am very intrigued by this and hope it isn't the end of this subject.

Theres a lot of talking going on and we are still none the wiser and it's getting ridiculously frustrating!

I AM A BELIEVER!!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join