It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Campaigns are full of lies, full of empty promises. If you haven't noticed by now.

Also I am sure that there are some leaders in opposition in youth movement and other places that could form a government.

President should be stripped of his power. No one wants a new dictator. What everyone want is a government and a government is not one man in a democracy. Power in democracy should be in the hands of a nation.

Sorry, but a "democracy" is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. What these people need if they truly want rights and freedom is a "Republic" not a Democracy.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What we need to be asking is who is truly behind this change of guard? I do not for one minute believe it is the people of Egypt, as i just asked in a similar thread , why would a dictator just walk away without a fight and lose everything if it wasnt organised?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

What do you not understand about this? The protestors are out leading the way with no leader in front of them...the leader is sitting back and watching. That is totally different than a LEADER leading people in a directed way.

Don't worry...I know you have it all figured out...all that is left is for you to write the book...or get a plane ticket and go over there to let the Egyptians know what the plan is...because apparently they don't know WTF is going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I starred your previous post cause i agree in principle, but isnt America a republic?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

I starred your previous post cause i agree in principle, but isnt America a republic?

No, it is not, but that is what our founding fathers had in mind though.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
enough with the hearsay... MSM...in this case www.news.yahoo.com....just published this
only 44 minutes ago... (7:27PM Eastern USA)
news.yahoo.com...

By HAMZA HENDAWI and SARAH EL DEEB, Associated Press Hamza Hendawi And Sarah El Deeb, Associated Press – 44 mins ago
CAIRO – Egypt's Hosni Mubarak refused to step down or leave the country and instead handed his powers to his vice president Thursday, remaining president and ensuring regime control over the reform process. Stunned protesters in central Cairo who demand his ouster waved their shoes in contempt and shouted, "Leave, leave, leave."

The rapidly moving events raised the question of whether a rift had opened between Mubarak and the military command. Hours earlier, a council of the military's top generals announced it had stepped in to secure the country, and a senior commander announced to protesters in Tahrir Square that all their demands would soon be met, raising cries of victory that Mubarak was on his way out.

After Mubarak's speech, protest organizers called for the army to take action to oust him, and they vowed increased protests on Friday. Several hundred thousand had packed into Tahrir Square, ecstatic with expectation that Mubarak would announce his resignation in his nighttime address. Instead, they watched in shocked silence as he spoke, slapping their foreheads in anger and disbelief. Some broke into tears.

the VP is taking power...as Mubarack sees fit = at the pace he wants to transfer power...

the masses might turn to mobs pretty soon,
i guess Mubarack is still finalizing plans for his safe exile...along with the Billion$ he's stashed overe
the years
edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by kroms33

What do you not understand about this? The protestors are out leading the way with no leader in front of them...the leader is sitting back and watching. That is totally different than a LEADER leading people in a directed way.

Don't worry...I know you have it all figured out...all that is left is for you to write the book...or get a plane ticket and go over there to let the Egyptians know what the plan is...because apparently they don't know WTF is going on.

i am curious how you think you have the right to critisize 3 million people for doing something they beleive in, really please explain to me what gives you the right to think you have anything valuable to contribute?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Ok thanks for the heads up.

Nothing worse than a fixed two horse race!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

they can report that but egyption lawyares are saying it is a ruse because it is not leagl according to the egyption consitution to give the vp the powers he is saying he is giving him.
edit on Thu Feb 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Stop trolling please. You really need to step back and stop trolling. All you are doing is trolling, and a moderator is going to be called in here.
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about - you don't accept debate but constrain the topic to your measured foul responses.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have one more question for all of you die hard Egyptian protestor supporters, not the ones that are just like "yeah...go peeps"...but you hostile ones that are attacking others for bringing up valid questions.

Where were you guys for the past 30 years????

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Stop trolling please. You really need to step back and stop trolling. All you are doing is trolling, and a moderator is going to be called in here.
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about - you don't accept debate but constrain the topic to your measured foul responses.

I'm asking questions...questions that you and others don't have very good answers to. So instead of admitting that...you just call me a troll.

You know you don't have to respond to me if you think I am "just trolling" right???

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
[In essance you seem to be calling these people - the protesters, spoiled. How out of touch with reality are you?
Were the people who formed the United States of America spoiled? How dare you.

Yes, I believe most of the population in today’s world is spoiled. That is something I have come to accept as fact. When you look at most situations in the world, it will resemble a spoiled child not getting his way. The sunni and shia in Iraq. On and on. Just because you have a gun, and can shoot people, doesn’t mean you are not acting like a spoiled self centered child.

The people back during the revolution encountered a far different situation. And their actions were far different. The first thing they did was try to assemble a coherent structure of government. And all that was while they was in direct fire of a military that had orders to shoot them. They won independence after the founding documents were written, not before! As I said, details details details.

They wanted to know what they was fighting for!

The current batch of revolutions I have seen over the last decade has been the shallow “Irevolution” The instant gratification revolution, that represents the Ipod generation.

Originally posted by Gixxer
i beleive the people support the muslim brotherhood to take control , but really you seem to have alot of opinions without any info on the topic, so i would suggest either go and become informed on the matter or quit trolling .

Ding ding ding ding………. That is the crux of the problem I see over there. Everything they have stuck their hands into has turned out rotten.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Many of us cannot answer your questions... We are not there, we haven’t lived through it.

You could try asking an Egyptian?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

they can report that but egyption lawyares are saying it is a ruse because it is not leagl according to the egyption consitution to give the vp the powers he is saying he is giving him.

Their current constitution is null and void. Mubarak and company created that constitution, the people did not agree to it. That said, the current constitution is just words on a piece of paper. The current constitution will leave with Mubarak. The citizens will create a new one.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Well lets just play out an possible scenario here. Let's say I a mad dictator took power over the Egyptian country in the absence of leadership, or even better yet. Let's say that I am a member of the Muslim Brotherhood who have there own supporters in Muslim extremists that are similar to the Taliban and usually armed.

Either scenario works. So say I take power and the military comes in and says we are not loyal to you and will not support you. I shoot the guy in the head, or have my cronies hold him down and behead him. I continue this method after awhile people will stop wanting to die and they will begin to be loyal. Eventually I will weed out the non-loyal and then next I have a loyal army on my side.

Now I am not saying it would play out exactly like that but it could happen and fear does funny things to people even those that are "Men"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away

Many of us cannot answer your questions... We are not there, we haven’t lived through it.

You could try asking an Egyptian?

And that is exactly why I am asking these questions...because there are people here that THINK they have all the answers.

They THINK they know what the good Egyptian people should do...and it seems for a lot of them that is telling them to "storm the castle" so to speak...as they sit comfortably behind their computer.

I think it is irresponsible and a little bit disgusting for them to do so.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

"" they can report that but egyption lawyares are saying it is a ruse because it is not leagl according to the egyption consitution to give the vp the powers he is saying he is giving him. ""

The MSM report is as accurate as what transpired in real-time...
but the dickering/bickering/leveraging/legaleeze posturing is surely going on behind closed doors...

We can only guess at what the compromise will be...
but it is a pretty sound rumor that Obama, the USA, are pressuring the dictator to relinquish his seat
of power -- for the good of the world community --

I'm sure that the Egyptian government will be very flexible on the actual transfer of Authority
because...unlike N Korea there's no younger Son to assume the reigns of power there in Egypt.
so... the absolute leader (Mubarack) is making his own rules to transfer power & leadership

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

I'm asking questions...questions that you and others don't have very good answers to. So instead of admitting that...you just call me a troll.

You know you don't have to respond to me if you think I am "just trolling" right???

That is for the mods to figure out, thanks.

We have been answering your questions - but you do not want to listen. I have seen many people try to explain what is happening over there to you - but you do not want to hear it.

What ever the Egyptains do - why should you, or even I have any input into it? It is their country, they are autonomous are they not? The statements you have been making to this thread are not logical at all. You seem to think that attacking ATS members in saying that the majority of us here find this "entertaining" is some form of debate. It is not, you are trolling.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I’m sorry, but I see Egyptians doing that all on their own... And I support them.

You can disagree if you like, I’m not going to argue with you, or an Egyptian on this matter.
edit on 10-2-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join