It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky residents: Have you noticed an unusual amount of black helicopters lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure there's a conspiracy here at all, but I just find it odd. I live in Central Kentucky and for the past week, I've seen and heard a crazy amount of helicopters and that is very strange. I live basically in the middle of nowhere... a VERY rural area. I'm used to hearing a helicopter once a week or so and then, it's usually a medical copter, but lately, I've been hearing them several times a day and the ones I've seen are black. I've heard more than I've seen so I can't say that they're all black, unmarked copters, but being that the ones I have seen have been black and unmarked, I'm pretty sure the ones I'm not seeing are the same. I actually hear one right now as I'm typing this.

They fly low like they do in the fall when they're looking for marijuana crops, but obviously, there's nothing like that to look for right now, unless it would be indoors. I suppose that could be it right there, but it seems unlikely because they mainly keep to the wooded, uninhabited areas.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had noticed them too.

Oh, and another thing, I've also noticed lots of contrails over the past few days. I call them contrails because I'm not 100% convinced about chemtrails just yet, but there have been quite a few. I just made a thread a couple weeks ago and mentioned that I usually don't see anything around here that looks like more than the regular contrail, but this week, they've hung around longer and didn't dissipate quickly, like contrails usually do. Today, they were everywhere and the sky went from bright blue to hazy within an hour. Anyway, this isn't what the topic is about... just thought it was worth mentioning.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I live in Richmond, Ky and haven't noticed anything other than a few medical helicopters, although I work inside all day long. I will definitely keep an eye out, we do have the Bluegrass Army Depot here and anything having to do with that place makes me nervous.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dudleydoobad32

Wow, you're my neighbor!!!
I live just south of Berea.
Wow, very close! The depot did cross my mind, but I'm not sure why they would be flying around down here.

If you happen to notice anything, please post! I'm not exactly worried about it or anything. I just find it unusual and wonder what's up.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with the March 15 2011 and the Comet Elenin? Is Kentucky on New Madrid Fault? If yes then that very well might be the reason
edit on 6-2-2011 by ruffagii because: misspell

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dudleydoobad32

From Ky but moved to Indiana a year ago. The Army Depot always made me nervous too. All that nerve gas from WWII in the bunkers - an accident waiting to happen IMO.

Can't think of any reason there would be more helicopters there this time of year, let us know if you hear anything else.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Yep, the fault runs along Western Ky. I'm pretty far away from it, but still very well within the area of major damage if there was a major quake. And you know what... I just had the worst thought EVER!!! The army depot that is near here, houses a bunch of World War II chemical weapons and if an earthquake were to cause major damage there... well, I don't have to say what would happen!!!

I felt one of the last quakes from New Madrid... one that actually happened in Illinois and it was quite significant this far away! I can't even imagine what a major one would be like! I had never thought about what would happen with all those chemicals during a big quake, but now I have and that scares the hell out of me!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
nice pair of chinooks came by middle indiana from west to east las week, but other than that, i havnt seen anything.

id rather know what the warships are up to. pieces are moving into place, but what are they doing?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

My brother actually worked there for a while. He was one that had to suit up and go in with one of the detectors they use, to check for gas leaks in the "igloos." Thankfully, he didn't find any, but it's still scary! Add a major quake to the equation and ... yikes!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Madrid fault runs thru far western Ky.

I was thinking perhaps they are looking for a prisoner or someone lost in the woods.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

You know what, that just reminded me. There was a chinook that went over last week. I thought it kind of odd at the moment, but I have seen them here and there over the years so I didn't think TOO much about it. And then just a few days later, all these black choppers start popping up. I don't know... maybe it's nothing. It's just strange.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That thought crossed my mind as well. It wouldn't be the first time. And I hear ANOTHER one now!!! It's so odd! The only reason there are ever this many out is when there is a massive forest fire in the area, and since my step-dad is chief of the fire dept, I would know if that were the case. I have no idea!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You do know those chemicals leak from time to time - they're just not good on annoucning it. They have a method they use to stop the leaks, at least for now. A major earthquake and add in the chemicals, not a good scenario.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Actually I live in Tn. about one mile from a National Guard base and have been pointing out to people all the "traffic" here lately.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

With your step dad being chief of the fire department perhaps he could make a call and find out whats going on. I would call the police station first - they may tell him something.
edit on 6-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I live in Texas in the DFW area and I have also noticed an unusual amount of military helicopter activity. But it may all be routine, its anybody's guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yep, I've known several people who have worked there. My brother was there for a bit and my ex father-in-law retired early from there because of health problems he came down with after exposure to the chemicals. He couldn't prove that it was exposure to chemicals there or exposure to agent orange in Vietnam that caused his problems, but he didn't have them at all until he worked at the depot. I'm sure there is A LOT that goes on there that we don't know about. A friend of the family just passed away a couple weeks ago, and he had worked there for the past 25 years. He died of cancer and while linking it to his job at the depot would be wild speculation on my part, he did die fairly young.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I will definitely let you know if I notice anything. I am only about 5 minutes from the depot so maybe I'll drive past on my next day off and see if anything seems odd.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by YesImOneg

That's interesting. Maybe it's not just Kentucky then. Hmmm.

I'm going to try to take pics tomorrow. Not that it would do any good... I think we all know what black choppers look like, lol. Maybe it would be a better idea to count them and write down the times that they fly over.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll ask him about it and I'll be sure to post if I find out anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xM0J0xJ0J0x

Kind of strange that it's happening in multiple states. I've lived here in this little area for 99% of my life and I've never seen anything like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join