It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I could not find any recent posts regarding cell phone problems. I live in the south eastern united states, and for the past three days I have been having severe cell phone problems. Calls drop as I dial them, calls drop in the middle of the call. I will be standing in an area with full bars one second then all the bars drop. My phone has dropped over fifteen calls and texts in the past three days. It is not weather as we have had clear days, cloudy days, and a mix of the two. It is not area, we get regular signal in all parts of the town I live in. Is there anyone else having this problem in their area or know why this might be happening?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

Well, on this site it shouldn't be long before someone blames pole-shift or the gubmint.

I will link it to the solar flare.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Attrei

Well, on this site it shouldn't be long before someone blames pole-shift or the gubmint.

I will link it to the solar flare.

Cood be a problem with your cell phone. Likely those FBI agents messed something up when they inserted the bug into your cell phone.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
what cell phone do you have and what company do you use? my brother had a phone that would do that (this was about 10 years ago) and the company blamed it on the phone but I still say it was the company I don't think they are even around anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

Yep, sounds like a cell phone problem. Turn it off, remove the battery, wait a few minutes and then put it back together and let it reboot.

My phone used to mess up about once per month and AT&T used to tell me that it had to be shut off periodically or it wouldn't receive necessary updates. It always got better after I took their recommended action.

Now I have Verizon, and I never have that problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
try and take out your sim card clean it and put it back in.. if that doesnt work get a new phone.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
must have been damaged or just low quality

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Southeastern US? What's your carrier?
Honestly, could be related to the GPS system "testing" being done as many cell networks utilize timing signals from the GPS network for various purposes, typically syncronizing transmissions between the tower and the phone.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It's a brand new Nokia phone. Just got it less than two months ago. Our Carrier is Verizon, our provider is straight talk. We have never had these problems before. Two of my friends in the local area also said their phones are doing the same thing. Been using Straight Talk for nearly two years now.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Attrei because: additional info added.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm also in the southeast and my cell reception has been more pissy than normal as well. I simply attributed it to the storms that have been moving through.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
never mind. I don't want to challenge the mods again asking why this is a conspiracy.
edit on 5-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I do apologize if this was the wrong forum. Wasn't sure as to which one it would go in. Figured checking regarding problems that can be considered a possible generic situation that is taking place would go best under general topics.

I have found out that there are a lot more than just me in my local town. About 10 people that I go to college with have all claimed the same problems. What made it even odder is myself and four other people all had our phones drop calls at the exact same moment yesterday. We were all four in the same general area of the campus, three other people that were talking on their phones in the nearby vicinity were not affected. Not all of us had Verizon. Two of us were Verizon, one was AT&T and the fourth who lost a call was using Sprint.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They have the ability to block any calls texts to you and also have the capability of impersonating people they are not... that's according to my friends and family about my phone.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join