It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood moves to form Egypt Unity Gov't without Mubarak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
UH-OH! Not good!

The Muslim Brotherhood, and the puppet (new dictator) they'll install - Mohammed ElBaradei

Muslim Brotherhood moves to form Egypt unity gov't without Mubarak

Gamal Nasser, a spokesman for the Brotherhood, told DPA that his group was in talks with Mohammed ElBaradei - the former UN nuclear watchdog chief - to form a national unity government without the National Democratic Party of Mubarak. The group is also demanding an end to the draconian Emergency Laws, which grant police wide-ranging powers The laws have been used often to arrest and harass the Islamist group...... Speaking to CNN later Sunday, ElBaradei said he had a popular and political mandate to negotiate the creation of a national unity government.

Looks like a US presidential election. Out with the old .. in with the new .. but just like the old.
The Muslim Brotherhood want an end to laws that have been reigning it in.
No surprise that they are behind a lot of the moves at the present time.

Reuters - Egypt Muslim Brotherhood says 34 key members escape prison

History of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt

Muslim Brotherhoods official English Version Website
[check out the 'of course Israel is Egypt's enemy'). Muslim Brotherhood = End of Camp David Peace. They absolutely do not believe in peace with Israel. The group was founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna. He promoted implementing of traditional Islamic sharia law. It believes in 'social justice' ... spread the wealth.

Spread the wealth, eh? Hmmmm ... no wonder Obama has been cozy with the group that spawned Hamas. I'm wondering if his meeting with these people (which was totally unnecessary), gave them the oooomph to pull off this regime change in Egypt.

Egyptian newspaper Almasry Alyoum reports president met group's members who live in U.S., Europe.

The Muslim Brotherhood is considered a Sunni-dominated fundamentalist Islamic organization that has spawned numerous factions across the Arab world that have engaged in terrorist activity, including the Palestinian rejectionist group Hamas.

It is also the main opposition bloc to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, whose regime is viewed favorably in the West due to its adherence to the thirty-year-old peace treaty between Israel and Egypt.

Obama Lifts Ban on Muslim Brotherhood Leader - Getting Ready for the New Egypt

Obama Met Muslim Brotherhood Members in The US

The Muslim Brotherhood "must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions." -- "An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America," by Mohamed Akram, May 19, 1991.

China Confidential - Obama Overtures to Muslim Brotherhood - June 2009

Beware Egypts Muslim Brotherhood

The other "devil," now being proclaimed as misunderstood Islamic democrats, is the Muslim Brotherhood, and they should give us great pause. Baloney and wishful thinking aside, the MB would be calamitous for U.S. security. What's more, their current defenders don't really argue that point, as much as they seem to dismiss it as not important or something we can live with. The MB supports Hamas and other terrorist groups, makes friendly noises to Iranian dictators and torturers, would be uncertain landlords of the critical Suez Canal, and opposes the Egyptian-Israeli agreement of 1979, widely regarded as the foundation of peace in the Mideast. Above all, the MB would endanger counterterrorism efforts in the region and worldwide. That is a very big deal.

Muslim Brotherhood Egypt - Spawned Hamas - It's slogan is - ISLAM IS THE SOLUTION

While the Ikhwan say that they support democratic principles, one of their stated aims is to create a state ruled by Islamic law, or Sharia. Their most famous slogan, used worldwide, is: “Islam is the solution”.

Like I said .. it all looks wonderful on tv ... Egyptians out rioting and in mass numbers calling for freedom. But the snake behind the scenes is The Muslim Brotherhood. The Egyptians themselves probably have no idea what things are going on behind the scenes. They want freedom and a better life .. and The Muslim Brotherhood knows how to take advantage of people who are poor and desperate .. making promises but in the end turning out to be just as bad, if not worse, than what they are fighting against (the dictator Mubarak)

edit on 1/30/2011 by FlyersFan because: Fixed punctuation

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I would call it Jihad, but according to most on ATS, Islamic Jihad is a fantasy that I made up yesterday because I hate Muslims.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
People are hoot'n and holler'n .. thinking what is happening in Egypt is all good. But there is a dark force behind it. I'm afraid that Egypt is going from the frying pan into the fire. And DC knew this was going to go down ....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I started a thread on the similarities between the US and Egypt with "social justice" yesterday. Another today on the differences that I've perceived between the administrations support for protestors in Egypt vs the ones in Iran.

Now your thread. (S+F by the way)
Many of the pieces are falling into place. I started these threads stated earlier, to learn more about what is going on.

I don't see a rainbow on this horizon, to be frank.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Israel's nightmare scenario = Muslim Brotherhood in power, followed by the fall of Jordan's government.

Hard to see a way this turns out well for the Israeli people.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The mass denial of the goals of Islam is one of the most powerful tools of Jihad. One people recognize Jihad for what it is, they will reject it and the misery it brings.

Until then, we can only hope that those who wish to apostate are brought to safety.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is all moving very fast. The Obama meetings with the Muslim Brotherhood should be examined more closely. The intent of the Muslim Brotherhood is war with Israel. They do not believe in peace with them at all. This is how World War Three starts. To the sound of cheers. What Egypt has now is bad. But what is coming could be worse.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think you are jumping to conclusions calling him a dictator. He's never expressed the want to be president.

I think Americans, and the American government should stop trying to interfere, and maybe they would have more friends around the world.

"They hate us because we are free"

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

Actually is has been moving ever so slowly, and carefully, and quietly for some time. The public face of open Jihad appears only when the time is right.

And that time is now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think you are jumping to conclusions calling him a dictator. He's never expressed the want to be president.

He's being pushed by the Muslim Brotherhood to be their front man. It doesnt' matter what he's expressed as his 'wants'. This is moving quickly and they'll install him as their puppet.

Impossible for Americans to actually comprehend what that must be like.

Being American has nothing to do with anything in this situation. That's deflection.
- The current Egyptian dictatorship is coming to an end.
- The next one is taking over, but under the guise of 'freedom'.
- Obama probably fueled The Muslim Brotherhood by meeting with them. He gave them a shot in the arm. Probably gave them the warm fuzzies that the USA wouldn't stop them in a takeover bid as well.

Its easier just to say their religion makes them crazy.

Islam is crazy. It's absurd. The Qu'ran is a mess of contradictions and errors.
And fundamentalist type adherence to it .. which the Muslim Brotherhood calls for ... is definately crazy.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

He's sure acting like a faux-president in waiting for his chance ....

Egyptian Opposition Leader Calls on Mubarak to 'Leave Today'

Egyptian opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei is calling for Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to step down as he leads anti-government demonstrators Sunday.

During an interview on CNN, ElBaradei says that "Mubarak has to leave today."

"He needs to leave today... to be followed by a smooth transition (to) a national unity government to be followed by all the measures set in place for a free and fair election," he told CNN.

He is telling Mubarak that he HAS TO LEAVE TODAY. "Has to" ... that's an order.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I think you characterization is wrong. For decades the US and the Western powers have pumped billions into Egypt in an attempt to normalize relationships and promote understanding.

Now, those very same powers are realizing they have been played for fools. They believed they were building bridges when in reality they were funding jihad and thus their own destruction.

And now as Egypt slips into the abyss, as the goals of Jihad are achieved, the West sees all their work falling into the hands of the jihadists. This is exactly what we were trying to prevent.

Egypt is lost, at least to the West. But for the Islamic world it is a time to celebrate!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

All religions are crazy. If you'd like I can give you some Talmud, Torah, and Bible quotes that make the Quran look like a childrens book.

I'm not taking up for islam yes I think its nuts.

America and western governments need to stay out of it. If the natural course of things is Islamic governments, I don't really care. America has no right to tell people whats right and wrong.

They are "radical" because of US and Israel's policies over the years.

I'm not sure if this is gonna be stopped and it will bleed over. I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Most of the money that America gives Egypt doesn't go to boost the military (even though its quite powerful). Most of it goes to the National Police force to keep the population down. Yep sounds like a great way to promote understanding. Well for a little while at least, until people have had enough.

I'd like to see you go up to an Egyptian right now and tell them that they have it all wrong. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'd like to see you go up to an Egyptian right now and tell them that they have it all wrong. lol

If Egypt falls to extreme islamics, then they'll be telling us how they got it wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I dont agree with your assessment of why we got here. You don't build bridges to western values by supporting a dictator.

Unfortunately I share the same concern as you do about where things may end up going.

The US needs to forcefully tell Mubarak to go. He's done anyway. If it can be done peacefully there is some chance of a moderate replacement. If he goes in a bloodbath of M1 tank rounds and cluster bombs then an unfriendly government is guaranteed. The extreme islamic elements will be praying for a fight.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No. They have it all right... If increased sharia law is their goal, then they have it just right!

If decreased interest from Western powers was the goal, then they got it right.

If a slow decline into an Islamic crap hole was the goal, then, again, they got it right.

Most in the West desired a more hopeful outcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This may be an unpopular statement, but I do not think the Muslim Brotherhood has made itself a strong leader in Egypt due to its humanitarian efforts and public services. It was the MB that helped the victims of the floods in Egypt, and the Gov't showed up two days later. These steps taken to help the public has made them quite popular.

The MB play the same role in the Middle East as the Christian organizations do in the US. Isn't the US Gov't completely entrenched with that religion? This is more about a difference in opinions regarding religion...and yes, maybe some fear mongering.

I think we need to let this situation play out and see how Egypt evolves from this point. We have to give the MB a chance to prove itself. We already know that the Egyptian people will rise against tyranny, if the MB don't do as they say, they will be ousted.
edit on 30-1-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
an important factor is that egypt along with israel blockades palastine...
that has to stop and is an embaresement to many egyptians...

kx

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The MB play the same role in the Middle East as the Christian organizations do in the US.

Um .. not exactly
The Muslim Brotherhood calls for an end to peace with Israel.
Mainstream Christian organizations here don't call for war.
The few crazy groups that do are ignored.

Isn't the US Gov't completely entrenched with that religion?

No.
The US government has no official religion and it is not allowed to endorse any one religion.
The US government is not allowed to make laws based on any one religion either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join