It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood moves to form Egypt Unity Gov't without Mubarak

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is a good thing. You cannot fight extremism by passing laws against them.
Not all Islamists are extremist. The MB claim to be moderates who want a secular government.

Sometimes its better to give an enemy enough rope that they hang themselves. Let the MB become part of a coalition government. If they go too far towards the deep end, let the people decide when its time to oust them.

That way no hard feelings against the west because it was their own decision making all the way around. Isn't that what we want -- some kind of working relationship built on respect?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Lighting huge minorrah's on the white house lawn every year is quite fine though. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The MB claim to be moderates who want a secular government.

When did they claim that? Up until this very moment when you said it, all we've gotten from them is the call to end the peace with Israel because Israel doesn't have a right to exist ... and they want rule of Islam to be the law of the land. Sharia ..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
and they want rule of Islam to be the law of the land. Sharia ..

Ironic...

The Muslim Brotherhood murdered Mubarak's predecessor Egyptian President Anwar Sadat
and spawned Al Qaeda and Hamas,and now pretends to be non-violent bringing in "aid" .

And still, people dont get it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
and so it begins ... The Muslim Brotherhood in Jordon .... what it says about the USA etc ...
ATS thread here
And all just before the 2012 'happening' ...
I didn't think anything would happen in 2012 before this ..
now I'm thinking it sure will.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Of course they would call for an end to peace with Israel considering the entire Palastinian issues. The MB will side with their religious brothers. They may call for an end to peace, but Christian nations go ahead and start wars. Aren't our US leaders Christian? Did they not invade the Middle East?

The US is a "Christian" Gov't. It is not supposed to be, but it is clear to see through our alliances and acts that we align ourselves to follow a "Judeo/Christian" path. Hence why we are so close to Israel.

All I am saying is that we need to be careful when we point fingers, because many more can be pointed back at us. What would you say if the Christian church helped reform Gov't after an uprising in the US, including aid for the people themselves? Sounds normal doesn't it? Ok, why so different in a Muslim nation?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Spawned al Qaeda?

Didn't the CIA do that

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Exactly my thoughts! These people are going to hate us...just a little bit because of little things such as this. We stuck our nose where it didn't belong.

It amazes me that so many people either don't know, or forget about that.

edit on 30-1-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Agendas make strange bedfellows. It's sickening the way that we (and others) pretend to be all "human rights" and "for the good of our fellow men" while those afflicted by our "benevolence" suffer and die as a result. We're all just pawns to them. "collateral damage", oh well.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I don't give a rodent's rectum what Israel thinks; there are thousands of people who can't feed their children in Egypt. Thousand of people without jobs. When we go there to visit, we are purposely kept away from the locals so we can't see for ourselves how many of them live. Stop the selfish talk....oh, poor Israel , oh poor U.S. Most of us have never gone hungry a day in our lives. Power to the Egyptian people! Don't stop...the world is with you!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Ah, no I think the way that works is the same way it worked in Panama.
The CIA infiltrated rather than created.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh why am I not suprised that Obama is reaching out to "a broad cross-section"?

A tricky way of saying he is reaching out to radical Islamic groups, and The Brotherhood?

A White House official said the Obama administration was reaching out to a "broad cross-section of opposition and non-governmental actors."

U.S. officials hadn't had direct contact with Mohamed ElBaradei, the 68-year-old Nobel Peace Laureate behind whom the opposition, including the powerful Muslim Brotherhood, has coalesced.

The Obama administration dispatched a former ambassador to Egypt, Frank Wisner, to Cairo to press for democratic reforms, officials said, another sign the U.S. was taking a more hands-on role in trying to end the crisis.
www.zawya.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The MB claim to be moderates who want a secular government.

When did they claim that? Up until this very moment when you said it, all we've gotten from them is the call to end the peace with Israel because Israel doesn't have a right to exist ... and they want rule of Islam to be the law of the land. Sharia ..

They are moderate Islamists according to the Council on Foreign Relations:

Summary: Even as Western commentators condemn the Muslim Brotherhood for its Islamism, radicals in the Middle East condemn it for rejecting jihad and embracing democracy. Such relative moderation offers Washington a notable opportunity for engagement -- as long as policymakers recognize the considerable variation between the group's different branches and tendencies.

If I can find the article I read a few days ago where they state what I said I'll post the link.
edit on 2/1/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Muslim Brotherhood - Prepare for war against Israel

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Power to the Egyptian people! Don't stop...the world is with you!

:shk: Speak for yourself. The 'world' is NOT with the Muslim Brotherhood at all.
And THAT is who is behind the protests ... not just the people of Egypt.
If it were just them and they were bringing in democracy .. sure ...
But it's the Muslim Brotherhood with their calls to immediate war, shutting down the Suez, and Sharia law.

edit on 2/1/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They are moderate Islamists according to the Council on Foreign Relations:

Yep .. I've seen that. But of course that the CFR .. part of the NWO. Sorry, but I can't trust them.
I trust what The Muslim Brotherhood itself says .... immediate war with Israel, shut down the Suez,
and a call for Sharia law around the world. 'Islam is the Solution' is their battle cry ...
They'll push the a good chunk of the world back a thousand years. We'll all suffer for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

As much as I dont like Fox news, they had a guest on a few months ago,
in which he goes into detail on Sharia law, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join