It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without Egypt, Israel will be left with no friends in Mideast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

www.haaretz.com

The fading power of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's government leaves Israel in a state of strategic distress. Without Mubarak, Israel is left with almost no friends in the Middle East; last year, Israel saw its alliance with Turkey collapse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Livni tells UN to mind its own business over flotilla probe
'West needs to mobilize into coalition to strike Iran'
'2nd Lebanon War defeat was result of distance from God'
Netanyahu "We will hit with immense force"

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well .. Karma have spoken
or even God himself ... maybe God is Karma afterall

From now on, it will be hard for Israel to trust an Egyptian government torn apart by internal strife. Israel's increasing isolation in the region, coupled with a weakening United States, will force the government to court new potential allies.

Israel's foreign policy has depended on regional alliances which have provided the country with strategic depth since the 1950s. The country's first partner was France, which at the time ruled over northern Africa and provided Israel with advanced weaponry and nuclear capabilities.

Its been a long time since i have writen a new thread concerning Israel .. they didnt change a bit and are still preparing a plan to attack Iran with the help of the USA and Mubarak who is controlling the Suez canal
unless the USA deploy a battalion just to secure the canal .. now its the Egyptian people who control it

im sure that screwed a lot of plans !!
good for the egyptians .. i vote for Elbaradei
he will not be a puppet like Mubarak was
he knows well all American-Israel tricks

nobody wants to attack Israel so what do they fear so much
Yoda have a good quote about it
that fear can change any person or population
the fear can create a monster literaly
into a killing machine that have no remorses

Fears is the path to the darkside Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

Turkey and Egypt were long time friend of Israel ..
the people of Israel should unite against Bibi
he is the Tyran regime that need to be put down

lost 2 dear friend because of his foreign policies and he his still in power .. WTF

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/29/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Didn't the entire Arab League guarantee security and peace for Israel if they would finalize a peace agreement with the Palestinian Authority once upon a time?

Karma hurts. That's what happens when you try being the big bad bully on the block, but then your older protective brother gets shipped off to boot camp

I'm just waiting to see if the Palestinians embrace the fruits of freedom, and throw down their shackles like their Egyptian and Tunisian brethren have.
edit on 29-1-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

nobody wants to attack Israel so what do they fear so much

...What.

Technically, they're under attack RIGHT NOW by suicide bombers / extremists. Nobody wants to attack Israel? I'd be willing to bet some people in this topic would attack Israel under the guise of "defeating zionism" or some other thinly veiled racism. I think you should stop listening to propaganda centers like presstv and learn what certain groups of Muslims think of Israel in the actual world.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As much as this might be seen as Karma to some, I really do fear for the region given the confusion and chaos it would not take much to turn this from a internal rebellion against authoritarian regimes into a region conflict...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Those suicide attack are the consequence of Israel attacking and killing entire arab familly
if Israel didnt go hostile to their neighboor .. those suicide attack wouldnt happen

no countries attacked Israel like they did in 2006 Lebanon and Gaza in 2009
thousand of civilians were killed ..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

A black guy throws a brick through my window, in return I throw a brick through his window. I must be practicing "veiled racism"

lol

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't see this as karma at all but a fullfilling in the Bible...and no matter how many times people wants to deny this and say it's not true it seems to be following the words written down thousands of years ago.

Notice that first verse Jerusalem compassed with armies, seems to be getting there very fast.

Luke 21 ( King James Version)

20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

29And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

30When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

31So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

32Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

then you have more fullfillment in Daniel 9

25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi, Ben
long time!

My perspective on this.

Egypt in actuality has been siding with Iran more and more since about 2007 when Israel went rogue and bombed the alleged Syrian nuclear site and they all started scuffling about things like airspace violations and the like. That incident also brought Iran and Syria much closer together.

And, remember in last year's sanctioning of Iran and the whole deal with the UN, Egypt not only voiced their concerns but also helped Iran get around the sanctions.

For these reasons and more, I'm not sure Egypt was that great a friend to begin with, at least not recently. Also, remember this stuff from last June? The Enemy of My Enemy and Poll: Arab majority believes nuclear Iran helps Mideast

The political climate has been rapidly if subtly changing in the ME over the past year or so, What we're seeing here is a response to that. And you have to give them credit, they've changed their game plan. On the other hand, they probably quite misjudged the people and are now probably having to scramble to regroup.

S&F

edit on 1/29/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
do you people really believe that the united states is going to let an "unfriendly" country or entity control the suez canal?

do you really believe that?

also, do you guys really believe that the U. S. actually has "friends" over there? are the arabs actually capable of having friends?

edit on 29-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hi Lucid

each move Israel make .. isolate them more
its the consequence of their own actions ..
they dont care about having no friend .. they have thousand of nuke at their disposal
and have a superpower puppet regime at their disposal .. especially Hilary lol

its like they want to be isolated and have so many enemies that they will have no choice to nuke somebody in the future

this is whats scary about Israel... they are just waiting to launch nukes on the arab world
and have the land for themself and the return of the messi

im sure the messi when he will return and look at what they have all done .. he will say FO

my people would had never do such of thing

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think a nuclear bomb will explode in Israel or world war 3 will involve the Muslims raiding it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
do you people really believe that the united states is going to let an "unfriendly" country or entity control the suez canal?

do you really believe that?

The USA might have to swallow a bitter pill indeed so yes I do believe that the USA might just find itself having to cope with a new power (perhaps even a Moslem one at that) controlling the Suez Canal.

But please feel free to enlighten us as how the USA will prevent the people of Egypt from being the masters of their own destiny and that a part of that being the management of the Suez Canal.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If a change in leadership leads to the disintegration of relations and their peace treaty with Israel then that would be a very, very bad thing indeed for everyone concerned.

I’m sure that some would try and spin it as being positive, “You go Egypt! Stomp the Zionist pigs!!” or something like that I imagine. It’s a case of hate clouding judgment, they might change their minds when the fireworks start.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

But please feel free to enlighten us as how the USA will prevent the people of Egypt from being the masters of their own destiny and that a part of that being the management of the Suez Canal.

please clarify for me just what in the hell you are babbling about.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

We have all friends and in some cases family that, no matter how hard we try, make it impossible to stand by their side at their end.

This is the story of two people trapped in quicksand. In order for both to survive, one needs to forsake the other if there is ever a chance to save them.

The revolution will not be televised!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Oh hell yes...it's on again. And did you see this? Davos panel sees huge Iranian response to attack

The game is definitely escalating! And it's a bit different this time, don't you agree?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, Mubarak is a horrible dictator who's torturing and the entire government is corrupt. Are you arguing that the Egyptian people should continue to suffer just so Israel is safe???

The people are on the streets because they protest against TORTURE and CORRUPTION! NOT because of religious reasons!! They deserve our moral support.

Of course certain interest groups, like the Muslim Brotherhood, will try to take advantage of the people's rage and anger...and try to grab power in the process. But they are NOT the reason the people are on the streets, they are protesting for freedom...something all human beings deserve imo!

Now here's where it gets interesting:

Mubarak has been an important ally of the US, even if he is a horrible dictator and torture is common place. So when it comes to politics, the US would rather keep Mubarak in power and have the status quo remain...which ethically is a DISASTER. So naturally, you will have some politicians and media outlets try to convince you it's a Muslim revolt and that the cause of the protests is a Muslim powergrab. That is INCORRECT and WRONG! I hope the American people are intelligent enough to see that...

All the power to the Egyptian people, down with corruption, and down with torture!!

*enter Braveheart-like war cry*

To the people who start quoting the bible and claim this is some sort of prophecy that gets fulfilled: STFU, PLEASE!!
edit on 29-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by warequalsmurder

please clarify for me just what in the hell you are babbling about.

The question that I put forth to you could not have been made any clearer. If you still can't understand it, than perhaps you should just move along.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
With the technology that WE gave Israel, they don't need no friends in the middle east.

They have the power now to be GOD.

Other countries in the middle east only have minor amounts of 20th Century technology. Israel has 22nd Century technology WE made...that very few people on Earth even knows it exists.

Israel won't even need 6 days to wipe everyone out. They will point and click and assets in space will decimate nations.

What does everyone think they've been doing with the BILLIONS we give them free every year? Or why many of our Defense Research Labs are over there? They've had control of our Federal Reserve for how many decades? Does anyone rationalize what they could have built with Trillions they liberated annually from us?

Nobody on Earth will touch Israel. Sure a few people will get in with suicide bombs...but that's IT. They don't even need US anymore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join