It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Have you ever seen a UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have seen a dozen or so beginning in Las Vegas about 1962. I have seen them on Okinawa, in Montana, Nevada, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, and Arizona.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
For your poll: Yes, fairly regularly - high speed high altitude lights passing horizon to horizon in a matter of seconds. "Star" like object doing some funky rotations in the sky. Dark flying egg-shaped objects in a group passing over silently. Classic 'chinese lantern' esque orbs. Many many other unfamiliar lights/phenomena. All good fun

I see: high speed high altitude lights once or twice a month.
star like object....once every two, three weeks.
Chinese classic latern esque orbs.....almost every freaking day.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes

4 disk, and two white light orb events.

Each has its own story and location, time.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes i have seen a UFO many years ago but i do not believe it was being controlled by aliens
from another planet.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Maybe. It might have looked like the one being discussed in an ATS thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sort of. I later identified it.
original post here

The TR3B exists. And they are "ours". It is why I started down the rabbit hole. The one I saw was almost exactly like the diagrams of Edgar Fouche. The only real difference was that it was a dark gunmetal grey colour. I saw mine when I was watering the garden after work. It was late afternoon, the sun had not set and the craft slid to a stop across the sky above my house with a slight rotation. Then it just stayed there still with the slight horizontal rotation. Almost as if it were getting it's bearings. It was large, at least 20 meters from one of it's angles to the other. It seemed to be about 70 to 100 feet above the ground. It made no sound and indeed seemed to be cancelling out sounds as I could no longer hear dogs or birds or general ambient noise. I noticed that the hairs on the back of my arm felt slightly like I was near static electricity. When I suddenly became aware of what I was looking at I jumped up to get my mobile phone from the house to take a photo of the thing. When I got back (all of 20 seconds later) the craft was disappearing into the distance faster than a commercial jet and just before it disappeared from sight it changed direction suddenly and shot into space at an even faster velocity. I forgot about it for a while, but when I did remember I did my research and was astounded to find out how "common" they are! And then to see Fouche displaying the exact thing on the net was mind blowing. I would like to add that when I saw the triangle I was sitting down holding the hosepipe in such a way that it created a sort of umbrella above me whilst I sprayed the plants. I think that the water between myself and it may have been a factor in my seeing it. My life changed on that day.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

depends on definition of ufo. Unidentified by the observer? Or unidentified by anyone? I have seen things I couldnt identify, but who knows... Didnt capture it, so its pointless

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes .. two.

One typical saucer shaped one when I was about 12. Early evening in the winter time .. Suffield, CT
One cigar shaped one. About 13 years ago. Mid day. Madison, Alabama.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My little son "swears" he saw one. We were visiting friends in Illinois out in the country and he states he saw a UFO. He was 5 at the time, but I've never doubted him.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
I would like to get an idea of how many people have witnessed unidentified flying objects or areal phenomena first hand that were obviously not terrestrial aircraft, balloons, candle lanterns or any other 'maybes'.

If you'd like leave details also. Thanks.

FYI, I have seen 2 (at the same time) so there is no doubt in my mind what is what.

I was gonna start by saying I saw 2 at the same time so there was no doubt in my mind what they where! ....Which is UFO's as there is no obvious identification!
I started a thread but only got a handfull of replies

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yes. I've seen a 'UFO'. I believe it(or them, have seen 2), to be military craft.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I have seen three now

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes i have. Not just a light but a craft. I don't think it could be our government's because of the size,tech and where it was.

If you would like to know more u2u me. NVM ill tell you now.

One night my dog ran after something (a cat or other small animal) she left the yard so i ran out to the porch and called for her to get her a** back here. She walked slow with her head down (she knew better then to leave the yard) as she was crossing the street i looked up and seen a light like a star. But it was getting closer so i watched and it came close enuff (miles away) for me to see it.

The size looked as if it could cover downtown um... like you could land a lot of 747's on it(its hard to say just how big but real big) it was "disk" shaped no lights other then the bottom witch was turning (the top was not) it was like a bright amber color like um.... laser bright (there is another small detail i will leave out about the bottom encase anyone saw the same thing) the skin was a u... well like a glass or liquid black it was shiny but IDK. Anyway it was moving slow but still fast like it looked like it was going slow but it was covering miles in secs.

As i was looking at it my dog came up i garbed her and said hold on pup i may need you lol (she was a red doberman may she rest in peace) and i was thinking wow we have some cool stuff. Then it dawned on me that there is no base anywhere near and if we had this tech they would not fly over a city. If anything went wrong they could kill people and there new toy would be all over the news and the black market not to mention the cost of the city. And there was not another plane/heli in sight at all even after the UFO left.

Well thats what i saw i remember it like it was the other day but it was in early to mid 90's.

I get mad when i see UFO videos that only show a light. I seen a craft in great detail not some damn light.

edit on 1/24/2011 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one here with a NO to this Poll?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes. A couple of years ago I left my best friends house in Melbourne, Florida (Viera) at approximately 10:00PM. As I was traveling south passing the school board building on Stadium Parkway I turned my head east and saw a beach ball sized blue sphere hovering about 100 feet above the building. It was electric blue in color like a Subaru WRX. Inside the sphere there appeared to be a swirling liquid. It also did not make any sound. However the strangest thing about it was that it did not appear to emit any light, or cast any shadows on top or the sides of the school board building. I initially saw the object in my peripheral vision, however I was able to turn and look at it head on. It stayed stationary for approximately 5-10 seconds and just disappeared. The entire time I honestly felt like something was watching me. I damn near lost my breath, and teared up as I viewed the object.

I immediately called my friend back and began to tell him my story. The entire time I had goosebumps, and the hair on my arm was standing up. I tell him my story, and GOD strike me down if I am lying he said his wife and him saw the same thing in that area two weeks prior.

I know it doesn't matter because a lot of people don't like us but I am a Police Officer, and my best friend is a Detective at the same police department. So I would like to think we are trained well in observation skills. I have passed the same place hundreds of times at the same time since, and have not experienced the same thing. The weather that night was as clear as can be.

As a Police Officer I have seen some horrific stuff, but have never actually lost my breath as I viewed something. For sure the weirdest experience I've ever had.
edit on 24-1-2011 by TorqueyThePig because: Grammar

edit on 24-1-2011 by TorqueyThePig because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
About 38 years ago in northern B.C. It was a disk shaped object, very bright and moving too quickly to be any kind of aircraft. It was mid-evening and the object was closer to the ground than you normally hear of, perhaps 1200 ft. (estimating because it appeared to be half-way between the ground and summit, which is 2400 ft.).

My mother and I watched from our front window and I recall it being present for about 20 minutes. Several other people in the city reported seeing it also. The nearest airport is on an island several miles away, there are no roads on the mountain and nothing high tech back in '74. We were all just mystified & a little disturbed by it. I've never seen anything quite like it since.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes I've seen several, first siting i believe was in 2002. I've seen strange lights moving at high speeds, objects similar to satellites change direction or move in zig zag manner and crafts. Strangest siting i had was a large bowl shaped saucer with hundreds of small lights all over it flying about 80/100 metres above the ground, Trailed by 8 or 6 (cant remember) black f5 fighter jets.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2011 by Serizawa because: double post

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i have once!
it was exactly like a tr3-b, triangular shape with orange-red light in each corner and one in the centre, no sound at all from it, observed it for about 10-15 min. location: ireland. at night time.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
First one, 1957, silver disc, mid day horizon to horizon in a few minutes. 58, craft with fire on front over farm in Mi at night. 80's, a bright orb way up going fast, made a right turn and then went straight out into space.

Late 90's, very big craft, almost completely stealth, hovered over key largo and out anchored boat, drifted west over fl. bay. Early 200's, two very big lights ships over mid fl. also seen on hard copy.

Latest, last year, large cigar shaped craft, higher than airlines drifted over port charlotte, then again last month two more which I watched with binoculars. Last summer we had three large orbs over out lake in Mi. Plus others I watched at night with binoculars. Oh, I forgot, we had one hovering near us as we made a final landing in a small airport in mi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join