It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Have you ever seen a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would like to get an idea of how many people have witnessed unidentified flying objects or areal phenomena first hand that were obviously not terrestrial aircraft, balloons, candle lanterns or any other 'maybes'.

If you'd like leave details also. Thanks.

FYI, I have seen 2 (at the same time) so there is no doubt in my mind what is what.

REMINDER: Do not respond with a one line post (IE. yes or no)
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on January 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Yes, if repressed memories count...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Please read: ATS Terms & Conditions of Use
16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

edit on January 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Almost everynight......I cannot identify them with my binocular nor my telescope.
So.....I call them unidentified flying object.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have seen --anomalous-- ufos, but I was wondering if you are merely curious, or doing ufo research for a specific reason. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes, I have, right from below, but it was night, so I didnt see its shape, but I know what shape it had, because of lights. Its lights were forming a pyramid (like front had 1 light, then in the middle on sides were 2, and then in the back were 3), and it was huge.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
About 15 years ago a friend and I were talking late one night and watching shooting stars and satellites fly by. It was around 11 PM when we both noticed one satellite make an instantaneous 90 degree turn. It was instant, no exaggerated curving course correction. I've never seen anything like it. He said he was getting the hell out of there, and I have to admit I was shaken up a bit too. Since then I have researched the subject of UFO's in my spare time and I'm truly convinced that what we see are a combination of both black operation craft as well as craft that are indeed not of this world.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have on one occassion seen something in the sky that I could not identify. It wasn't any type of plane, animal, etc. So I guess it was a ufo. No little men accompanied though.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've witnessed unearthly blue "strobing" light fill our camper in the middle of a empty field that lasted about 10-15 seconds. We looked outside when it stopped and saw nothing and heard nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
While camping in the middle of the british columbia interior myself and a friend were walking with the dog down to the lake, when in an instant the dog acted sketchy. We both found ourselfs a little unnerved due to the dog. Then a bright flash above us illuminated the sky then as if reversing course went back the way it came. The dog paniced and headed into the bushes, we both stood in awe. We headed back to camp, where the friends parents were standing like they had seen something as well.

So they gave us the "well guys this may seem crazy, but did you see that" at which point we all gave our description of what was seen. Which was the same thing. Upon mentioning it to the guy at the gas station in Lumby where we were bye he told us, with no uncertainty that, that type of thing happens often. All be it we spent the month in the bush only once did we see anything.

Thats the one and only time I have seen something I can truely call unexplained to me

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In 1992 my Mom and I were leaving a friends house it was maybe 8-10pm. I was always interested in the sky so while my mom and our friend were talking I was star gazing. I remember seeing an odd craft, the best way to explain it would be a black Sea Star with a point of non blinking white light at each tip. I'm guessing at the color since it was night time and the craft was maybe at 3,000 feet and could make a faint shadow of a shape. It flew over us outbound to the ocean, within a few minutes F-14's and F-18's out of ex NAS Miramar and ex MCAS El Toro followed in pursuit. 10 minutes after that several CH-46's heading out of I'm guessing Camp Pendleton followed suit. The craft was completely silent, and overland the 14's and 18's were subsonic.

In 2001 during Operation Enduring freedom I was stationed aboard the ex USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 there was a 3 day period where they more than doubled the look outs for the night watches. We all thought it was curious, even more so since they were pulling people from all departments to do it. I figured due to my position I would be spared by what would probably be a boring 4 hours, I was wrong on both counts. I was pulled for watch on the second night, I started to enjoy it quickly a nice sea breeze and a clear beautiful sky.

About an hour into it we started to see lights the look out said "Do you confirm the contacts?" "Yup" I responded, I didn't think much of it I figured it was a carrier strike group inbound to targets. We then start to see them orbit the Pakistani coast, we were steaming within 12nm of shore if I'm not mistaken. After awhile more and more lights began to orbit the area and I answered back to the Boatswains confirmation calls. I say lights because they weren't close enough for an ID but they had blinking lights that looked like standard navigation lights. Around the third hour of watch we saw what looked like an F-18 approach from the aft end of the ship, we were on the starboard side btw. On a near collision course was what looked like another F-18 approach us from the starboard side. The 2 of us thought we were about to witness a mid air but the F-18 approaching from starboard was slightly higher than the one coming up from the aft end. The top F-18 started dumping out flares so we were able to get a very brief glimpse of the craft, they looked like F-18 for the most part but they were a little off thats the best I can explain that. The last thing to note about those craft were they were completely silent which is very un hornet like, they were around 1,500 feet.

The boatswains tried his best to report that indecent, at that point I asked the him what was going on. It didn't make sense with all the aircraft out there orbiting the Pakistani coast for hours and doing what looked like a few gun runs, the "silent hornets" etc... He said "They ain't ours thats why we have extra people out here. They thought we were making this # up at first, weird ain't it?"
edit on 23-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes, last year I made the thread here about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: added link

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have, once in my teens. Another buddy of mine witnessed it as well over lake Ontario one evening in summer. It was a silver oblong ball, and it just sat there for a minute, then zipped off straight across the sky.The speed was indescribable. This was 1989 I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, many times.

In California this last 2 years I've seen the same type of orb about every month or two. It floats still, moves and stops. Just a silver orb. I've taken pics and video of it/them but it's just too far to make out with my lame photographic equipment. My wife and daughter have seen them too.

I'm also an abductee several times since age 10, so if you're keeping tabs - I've seen the inside of them too!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen a UFO in my life that cannot be explained away as a terrestrial craft ( at least to this day I have yet to see anything that matches or even comes close to matching what I saw... and I have been asking people about it for years.. Haven't even heard of another UFO sighting that matches this...). I have talked about it here on ATS before in some ones thread. I looked but could not find it. So I will try to sum up what happened.

I was young. Between 5-7 years old. I was playing in my backyard as the sun was setting. I saw out of the corner of my eye this craft. I looked up and it was really low to the ground and moving very slowly as it moved directly over my backyard. It made no sound that I can recall...

Now, I got on a ladder we had in our backyard trying to get a better view.... Then the next thing I remember I am running back into the house afraid. Some how I knew or had a feeling that I was never supposed to tell anyone of what I just saw... and apparently I didn't. Neither my parents or my sister recall me saying anything about it as a kid...

I don't recall any windows. I remember the color was a dull greyish black metal. No lights on it that I can recall either. The shape... Well Hard to explain. I will show you a very basic picture I drew on MS Paint a while back.

Now, I have seen two other UFO's in my life but in all honesty those two can be explained away logically. So I will leave those out.

Hope that helps.
edit on 23-1-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: Adding a bit of information

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I saw 2 times within a week of each other what looked like floating atoms in the sky illuminated from the center, but the center was darker where the nuclei would be.

It was sort of jellyfish texture look by appearance, intederminite distance. They were similar to light phenomena i had heard about which excited me when i saw them. I was living in las vegas at the time.

first two i saw they were floating side by side were golden-ish in color, and the second two a week later were silver/white.

I was with another witness the second time, which was awesome.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have seen three of them and here are the photos of two of them.
This was the second one
abovetopsecret.com...
And this was the third one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I couldn't take a photo of the first one, I'm not claiming that they are E.T.'s, just U.F.O.'s to me.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Last spring (March) over the gulf in Naples, Florida. Remained motionless for 23 minutes, and then rapidly excellerated away towards Tampa (like a supersonic aircraft but not instantly). I asked the Fishermen who frequent the dock, and they had never seen a light in the sky like it. It hovered over the water at about 600 feet or so. The light was intensely bright and went from a greenish white to a reddish white. It was not a helicopter or an aircraft.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
For your poll: Yes, fairly regularly - high speed high altitude lights passing horizon to horizon in a matter of seconds. "Star" like object doing some funky rotations in the sky. Dark flying egg-shaped objects in a group passing over silently. Classic 'chinese lantern' esque orbs. Many many other unfamiliar lights/phenomena. All good fun

Friends' stories: Triangular object in woods by air base. Orange ball in sky then shoots off. Strange 'blackbird' (plane) looking object floating across night sky silently.

Other locally reported UFO's. Ball of light descends on two children, chases them & momentarily paralyzes them. Craft in the woods with front visor and "beings" inside, witnessed by mother & daughter, also reported in another location on the same night. Lights hovering silently over air base. Numerous lights flying silently over airbase.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've seen some things before. Like a light that is moving really fast and makes a 90 degree turn. But in 2007 something targeted me. I was speeding on hwy 101 moving east, towards Ukiah. I was going in excess of 130 mph as it was 2:00am. and I had a fast car. I suddenly noticed a bright light in my side mirror, I don't know really exactly why, but I thought maybe only a motorcycle could move that fast so I pulled over and stuck my hand out the window to flip it off. But it was a UFO. It came right to me in half a second. I could see it growing in my mirror. As soon as it got to me it was already leaving, and it left really fast, almost like a magic trick. But then it stopped about maybe 15 miles away, hard to tell exactly how far, but it looked just like the moon at that distance, but completely white. And then it slowly descended below the mountains.

Whatever it was I am convinced it had a purpose that night. It did something, I just don't know what. It strikes me that this UFO was really like a ball of energy or an orb. I get the intuition that it was a multidimensional being of pure light.

This was right at a time when I was having weird dreams and having my own personal awakening to alien phenomenon. It was just the right time for a visitation appearently. I've always believed in aliens, but this night in 2007 confirmed my beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join