It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Have you ever seen a UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I personally have two different times.

once in the winter when I must have been 5-6 in my backyard during winter.
It was dark out, winter, 5-6pm, me my brother, and 2 neighbors girl witness a low flying triangular craft which was flying extremely slow and with ZERO noise. This would of been around 94/95

and another in the spring of 2006 on my way back from Canada into the US.
Me and my father witnessed an event that was eerily similiar to the phoenix lights.
A line of red lights, EXTREMELY huge lighted up in a line in front of us 1 by 1. the object was stationary. And the light remained on until there were over the horizon. This one I will never forget. I live extremely close to miltary bases and I have seen AUV drones before, numerous airplane catfights, flair drops, and other phenomena related to living near a military base. In my 20+ years of living near this base, I never once saw anything else that even remotely resembled this event!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have never seen a UFO. It's too bad, I think they exist but I've never seen one.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

UFO yes, an alien craft . . . no idea. I saw some unusual lights in the sky near Mount Adams Washington as well as lights on the mountain itself. Oh, I need to add that I was NOT at the ranch, just camping with my family.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Multiple times since I was 9 or 10 years old. Most recently, a couple of years ago. All but one of those in the company of others who also witnessed whatever it was. All but one at night. No two events were the same with the exception of a bright green light that was like a ball of lightening that spread out over downtown (or south of it) but didn't repeat. That was somewhat similar to the first time when we were camped on the beach, except that repeated for awhile. I probably haven't had more than 10 sightings- give or take, but that would make too long a post to describe them.

Do I "believe" in ETs? God, I HOPE not! They are one of the only two things I fear. I don't want to know why.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarotmaster
Am I the only one here with a NO to this Poll?

No, you aren't. I have never witnessed a UFO, however, I do believe they exist, and that they are most certainly of ET origin. I have always had a passing interest in this phenomena, but it wasn't until May of 2010 that I had what I will call an "awakening". Since then I eat, sleep, and breathe anything regarding ETs and UFOs. It came at a very turbulent time in my life. I became very spiritual and changed my whole way of thinking. Many memories started coming back to me. I can remember as a child having a fascination with the stars, especially the constellation Orion. I can remember staring up at it when I was younger, and now again, and feeling like that is where home was/is. Again, I have never witnessed any type of ET phenomena, but I have this gnawing feeling that very soon we all will witness something on a grand scale, something that will make each and every inhabitant of this Earth realize that we truly are not alone.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
I would like to get an idea of how many people have witnessed unidentified flying objects or areal phenomena first hand that were obviously not terrestrial aircraft, balloons, candle lanterns or any other 'maybes'.

If you'd like leave details also. Thanks.

FYI, I have seen 2 (at the same time) so there is no doubt in my mind what is what.

REMINDER: Do not respond with a one line post (IE. yes or no)
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on January 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I think there is not one person on this planet who has not seen during his lifetime at least one UFO, defined as unidentified flying object (not necessarily ET spacecraft). Once, when I was serving my country in the army, we were on a field exercise and I was keeping watch at night 4-6 am. So, I was looking towards the horizon and I saw a light traveling slowly back and forth low on the horizon, as I estimated. I was puzzled for a while and thought immediately about UFOs, as in ET spacecraft, and all that, but also tried to come up with a more rational explanation of what I saw. Towards the end of my shift, when the morning light returned, I finally realized that what I was looking at was a fisher boat out on the sea. I have seen more strange lights at night, but they were most probably just shooting stars, satellites and/or airplanes.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Do I "believe" in ETs? God, I HOPE not! They are one of the only two things I fear. I don't want to know why.

I certainly believe that there is intelligent life, other than us, out there in the huge universe. However, the distances are so vast that I don't believe they are visiting us. Your fear is probably influenced by bad Hollywood movies. I think if an alien civilization advances so much ahead of us in technology that interstellar travel becomes a routine reality for them, they would not come here to harm us or to conquer and enslave us.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Have I seen a UFO? NO
Would I like to? YES
Do I know anyone who has seen one? YES

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
yes, 7 or 8 times at least.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes I have.

I was offshore of the Florida coast around 125 miles and saw 3 craft from 6 miles away ( radar told me the distance) slowly rise up to a couple hundred feet in height then all 3 shot straight up and blinked out.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
yes, but in the real sense of an unidentified. I truly believe they are our own aircraft. I live by an AF base and we see weird crap all of the time here. Crop circles are around us too.. make of that what you will. We always joke that either they are classified aircraft or space ships stopping by the base to gas up.

If OP needs it for whatever research he/she is doing.. U2U me.. . Im in the place that has been discussed due to the cops chasing one for miles and reporting it to dispatch... and the tapes were released. I really do think t was some military weirdness though.
The town is Belleville Illinois... but I can u2u the towns.. didnt think you wanted a list here.
You can google Belleville Illinois crop circles or UFO. There are pics around of things seen around here. Ive been here maybe 5 years... been plenty even in those few yrs. However every airshow we get the stealth in town.. which always gets folks in a lather.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes, once. A worldview-changing experience. 2 people, 6-7 hours of observation. Around 30 objects visible at the same time (probably they were much more throughout the whole evening, new ones coming into view and old ones leaving makes it difficult to tell a certain number). From all of the objects we managed to very clearly see three, one disc shaped, one triangular, and one cigar shaped (at first I thought about it to be disc shaped, but after I've done some thinking it seems more likely it was cigar shaped). We also had the luck to very clearly observe a few details about the way these crafts moved.

It happened in August, 2010, me and a friend of mine were camping on the highest point of the slope of a mountain (no trees/forests on our altitude). I don't like repeating myself much so there you go with full detail - www.abovetopsecret.com...

All in all, before the experience I was interested in the topic although on the average, somewhat a skeptic who tended to use logic and keep an open mind in the same time. But as every skeptic, I needed to see one myself... And this happened... Not that now I know aliens are visiting us, all we saw were crafts from very close by. Could very well be black op projects, but what we saw was quite worrying, even if humans were operating them (actually, I tend to be more worried if this turns out to be the case). So, now I have much more questions in my head than ever before... Excuse me, ATS, but sometimes I think ignorance is bliss...

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
On two separate occasions i have seen orbs. Both times we're at the same location. I was near jim creek naval something or other in washington state. Both sightings occurred after a man in plain clothes but looked like he should be wearing a uniform told my friend and i to leave and we ignored him. I felt the classic sebse of fear coupled with wonder. Both times the truck engine died right before the orbs showed up and would not start until it had left. Both orbs were about the size of a soft ball and seemed to wabt us gone. This occured in the summer of 2001 . Unfortunately we were there smoking pot. There goes my credibility. reply to post by TheFlash

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I once saw five red lights at night, moving like a pack, but still independent, going all over the sky (I think I could have still watched them even more but there were some lights at my back yard and I kinda went blind after staring a lot)
I wasn't obviously as shocking as a close encounter would be, but I still think it wasn't human.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

No - I have not.

Not sure whether to be pleased by this or not. Maybe they don't like South Africa?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yes, two times.
1. Somewhere '89-'90 with multiple witnesses (family and other bystanders). Unidentified 'thing' hanging in the air, daytime.
2. Summer of 2005 or 2006, South France at night, 1 other witness. Multiple very high altitude star-like lights moving rapidly in different directions, turning, disappearing, reappearing for about twenty minutes.

Both unidentified.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yep.. I've seen 3 ufo's over the last 5 years.. Once with my telescope when a UFO came right behind a satellite. it suddenly stopped and stayed still for like 1 minute (it looked exactly like a star when it stopped) then puff! and it was gone. The experience changed my life.. 2'nd and 3'rd time I was watching the heaven with my 2'nd gen night vision goggles.. They moved in such a radical way and they where not birds or anything I can think of, cuz I use the goggles almost every clear night, so I know my birds, planes, helicopters ect... They are clearly up there in my opinion, Watching us
s&f

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Since my teens I've seen 6 sightings

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Cool sightings all!

I live in Utah and my first sighting was last summer (2010) in May. Throughout the summer I saw at least 20 more sightings of UFOs. Some events more spectacular than others. Most of them were during the daytime. I saw single ones and pairs most of the time but 4 of the times I saw groups of up to 10 of these UFOs dancing in the sky together or flying in formation constantly changing their formation perfectly in to different shapes.
The other cool time I saw 2 crafts...one emitting those most vivid green I have ever seen and the other the most vivid orange I have ever seen. They sat in the sky like they were in a face off but just sat there. Then out of no where at least 6-10 white orbs appeared. The orbs turned a pinkish red color and were sitting there as if they were watching the other 2 crafts. Eventually they disappeared in the blink of an eye...not all at the same time though.
Needless to say...it was awesome.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No, but my mother has. This is a copy of my post from another topic:

This isn't my story, but rather my mother's story.

Around 30 years ago (several years before I was born, and I am 23):

My mother, now deceased aunt and deceased father, and older adopted sister were awoken at around 3 AM by what sounded like an old, junky truck driving up the driveway. They stepped outside, and saw something different. Hovering over the neighbor's treetops (around 60-80 feet) was a saucer-shaped object with four square-shaped lights on the bottom of the object. My mother stayed outside for about 5-10 seconds, and the object flew off to the east (it came in from the west, she said - based on the noise).

She lived near Fort Campbell, KY at the time (Russellville, KY) and even called the radio station to see if any military exercises had been planned. They had not. My father, who was an ex-Green Beret - had no idea what it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join