It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Behind the Moon? Jan 22nd

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Although it would've been better if you lot hadn't rushed at me as if I insulted anyone.

Wonder how anybody got that idea?

Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving.

“Don't be so humble, you're not that great.”-- Golda Meir

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

IMO this is obviously a camera side effect or a simple dot being edited in the video.
Why? Well it doesn't take a genius to tell this dot doesn't even move, it sits at the same spot while the camera itself is moving.

Sorry.

It does look strange but the camera isnt moving, the camera is still, its the moon thats moving. It looks to me that its stationary behind the moon and appears as the moon has past it. Also when it flickers and disappeares it reminds me of a ship accelerating into hyperspace.

Sorry, but I believe you both are wrong.

The moon is moving and the camera too, since the camera is on planet Earth, wich is moving too like any other planet.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

since you've seen it so often, and obviously have access to the required equipment, would you be so kind as to record it for us so we can check it out as well? If it occurs as often as you claim, this could really be something worth investigating.

1. I have access to the telescopes..
Not the recording equipment required to capture such things on such telescopes.
(you cannot use a home camera/video camera on these scopes)
You need a CCD, (which we do have a few of) but even then.. They are meant for, and used for imaging, not recording video.

2. Also,
Even if I had the means to video record The Moon,
As I mentioned..
It is seen "sporadically" (ie, not at regular intervals, scattered instances)
Meaning you never know when you'll see it.
It does not happen on a 'daily' or 'weekly' basis..
At least not when Im looking. lol

I have seen it ...eh..4-6 times in the past 4-5 years, myself.
But the other guys have been watching far longer..
and they recall seeing things like this for as long as they've been watching The Moon.

It is not a 'new phenomenon'.
There are numerous accounts, that go as far back as the first telescopes,
of astronomers watching "strange/odd" things happen on/above/near the lunar surface.

I don't think it's something where you can just go grab a telescope,
Wait a little while, and you'll see it. ..

It takes a whole lotof sitting, doing nothing but observing..
and a lot of what most people would call "boredom" or "being lame". lol
and I guess, some "luck".

I could go watch the moon for months straight, and not see anything "odd" like this..
Or, I could just happen to pull the scope out on a random night to watch part of an eclipse, or to watch the Moon occult Antares..
and happen to see something like this within a few minutes.

Never know when you'll see it,
is my point.

Regardless..
I believe , as you said..
there is a lot of 'investigating' that needs to be done..
and a lot of things that need to be 'told'.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
To me, it obviously looks no where close to the moon. The lack of focus and the fact that it shakes differently from the moon lets you know it was way closer than the moon or added in post.

If it was really recorded in camera, could easily be a reflection, even if the operator didn't see it in person.

So, be honest. Do you sit there for hours and hours trolling youtube for these useless videos? If you are so interested in what people think of these videos and personally like them yourself....why not spend a little time and money on learning about simple editing programs, photography and cgi? You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

Your post was not only uncalled for but a little venomous too.
I didn't realize we crowned a new ATS-Judge!
I must have missed your Coronation whilst busy 'trolling' for useless videos. My bad!

I'm glad to see more people calling him out on his BS posts recently.

Haven't you heard how he actually believes a lot of what is talked about on here, but is unable to say anything because of "special people" that he has dinner with?

Oh and you gotta love when someone like him has the nerve to call others "trolls". By his own description of himself (cool to have a beer with outside ATS, on here it's another story) he's a classic internet troll. He calls us ignorant, but is too much of a coward to be his true self. That's if you buy his stories about these special people he has dinner with. IMHO he just likes talking trash from behind the safety of a computer screen where he cant be touched.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

seriously not worth the time it took to skip to 1:42

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Wow, talk about a classic case of post envy.

Although some of OP's threads are quite fantastic, they do inspire enjoyable debate and discussions with thought provoking subject matter. You know with ATS being a Discussion Forum and everything. Just sayin' I like Human Alien's threads and he is generally courteous, respects differing opinions and defends his beliefs.

I'd say by your sole nugget in the litter box your reply fits the definition of troll. We good?
edit on 23-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I'm curious, when you do spot these UFOs, do they suddenly disappear like depicted on this video or do you see them traversing through space?

I don't know what we saw on this video but from my impression of this YouTuber, I don't think he's a hoaxer at all. Just my gut feeling.

Please tell us more about your experiences with these 'things'.
Do you always see them near the Moon? Or is it, the Moon is the source of light in which to see them--- you think?

And thanks for sharing! I really appreciate it

edit on 23-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

edit on 23-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Human_Alien

seriously not worth the time it took to skip to 1:42

Sorry to have wasted a hundred and two minutes of your time.

I'm sure you were glad to get back to building that pyramid of yours, huh? (just kidding)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Sorry, but I believe you both are wrong.

The moon is moving and the camera too, since the camera is on planet Earth, wich is moving too like any other planet.

Oh here we go with semantics.

You left out the galaxy itself was moving in an expanding Universe. So actually, we were probably watching this in the future

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well its obviously moon swamp gas.... How did you guys not even think of that possibility!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
is it only me or there was whats look like an acceleration

I don't see that at all.

The ONLY thing that rings suspicious to me is....why was he video taping the left side of the Moon? I mean, wouldn't you think you'd have that baby smack in the middle of the view finder? Unless of course, he zoomed in on it afterward to broadcast and show case his findings on YouTube.

I think I'll pay him a little visit via email and see if he wants to join us to explain!

I might know why he is taping the left side of the moon. I have a telescope and I like to look at the moon also. If you look at the terminator, it helps distiguish the craters on the moon. I know that he is viewing a little away from the terminator but you can also look at the edges or sides of the moon to help highlight some of the craters.

•In theory, the terminator is close to a great circle at 90° from the solar direction. However it is not a sharply-defined line: first because the Sun has a finite width (of about 0.5° as seen from the Moon); and second because variations in the surface topography cause some high points to catch light well beyond the theoretical limit, and some low spots to be in shadow well before it. As a consquence, the observed terminator is a broken patchwork of isolated areas of light and shadow.

the-moon.wikispaces.com...

I like the video and I often look at the moon. I have to say that if I seen something like this I would be questioning what the thing is quite loudly.
edit on 23-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: accidently hit the reply button instead of preview.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
To me, it obviously looks no where close to the moon. The lack of focus and the fact that it shakes differently from the moon lets you know it was way closer than the moon or added in post.

If it was really recorded in camera, could easily be a reflection, even if the operator didn't see it in person.

So, be honest. Do you sit there for hours and hours trolling youtube for these useless videos? If you are so interested in what people think of these videos and personally like them yourself....why not spend a little time and money on learning about simple editing programs, photography and cgi? You can get plenty of free programs online to get you started, and it would help you to become a more intelligent poster.

there is no need to make personal jibes... if you dont like it just find another thread... I found it intersting...

kc

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuzitzu
Well its obviously moon swamp gas.... How did you guys not even think of that possibility!

Surely you can see, that can only be a MOON BALLOON!!!

Seriously though, there is better evidence out there than this. The videos may show an anomaly or may show a digital anomaly. I think the two of them make this slightly interesting. Hundreds of examples and I would be getting excited so keep training those quality digital cameras at the moon (and alert us if there are more similar anomalies).

But this evidence on its own is not enough. Not by a country mile. Not enough to debunk. Not enough to be useful as evidence 'something is up there'.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

The pictures you show actually strengthen the argument that something is going on up there.

They do nothing of the sort.

It's a camera artefact, the dot does not move in relation to the camera, and as the camera is motionless, you'd expect that the dot if it were a UFO or some other body in orbit around the moon, would not remain FIXED in EXACT relation to the camera lens.

Surely it would move free of where the camera is? Surely it would move in relation to the orbit it is in, being the moon?

No, it remains exactly in position. Does not deviate. And then once the moon has moved enough for the darkness of space to flood the artefact, it flickers out.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Same effect on two different videos.

Same camera effect.

Could be. Could be the same anomaly too.
Glad you have strong convictions but there's just no way of proving it.

Well, sure... But it seems it's well within reason to conclude that 'something is definitely going on up there' using the same amount of inconclusive evidence, when reason and logic should help people conclude it indeed appears to be an artefact/camera fault.

if it moved, I'd be more likely to stay on the side of hopefulness for this, but it doesn't. It has all the characteristics of what IsraeliGuy says, which I agree with.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by planetzog
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

The pictures you show actually strengthen the argument that something is going on up there.

They do nothing of the sort.

It's a camera artefact, the dot does not move in relation to the camera, and as the camera is motionless, you'd expect that the dot if it were a UFO or some other body in orbit around the moon, would not remain FIXED in EXACT relation to the camera lens.

Surely it would move free of where the camera is? Surely it would move in relation to the orbit it is in, being the moon?

No, it remains exactly in position. Does not deviate. And then once the moon has moved enough for the darkness of space to flood the artefact, it flickers out.

Actually the second video of the Moon posted shows the 'dot' moving or orbiting over the Moon.

Can you explain the red 'dot' in the OPs video?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I bought a Kmart telescope but ended up throwing it away as it was a piece of junk.

I bought a 36x power spotting scope on sale from Cabelas for only $70 over a year ago. I have an old Canon digital camera that perfectly fits into the rubber eyepiece of the spotting scope.

I can see the moon in much greater detail than this video. If any of you want to see the moon this is a cheap hardware setup to watch the moon. I plan on getting a more powerful spotting scope...but what I have I can see the moons of Jupiter every night.

It was just weeks ago Russia said they saw a laser light on the surface of the moon. This guy's images are also in the same area. DOD's moon base, non alien.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Same effect on two different videos.

Same camera effect.

Could be. Could be the same anomaly too.
Glad you have strong convictions but there's just no way of proving it.

Well, sure... But it seems it's well within reason to conclude that 'something is definitely going on up there' using the same amount of inconclusive evidence, when reason and logic should help people conclude it indeed appears to be an artefact/camera fault.

if it moved, I'd be more likely to stay on the side of hopefulness for this, but it doesn't. It has all the characteristics of what IsraeliGuy says, which I agree with.

Were you there when these videos were taken?

Did you inspects the cameras for any faults before and after the videos were taken?

Where is your evidence to prove nothing is going on up there?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It doesn't appear to be CGI, but that's an estimate based on various aspects.

It may be an artifact, or it may actually be something up there. Unknown.

However, nice find, I enjoyed the video.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Chances of it being a UFO/alien craft are 1 in a billion... It looks CGI to me, and even it weren't I don't think a UFO would appear that bright and large right next to the moon---unless it was a massive ship. Every time I see a thread claiming UFO sightings, I automatically know what it's going to be: a pic or video with a pitchblack background, and little bright dot(s). Sometimes it's a speck of dust on the lens...sometimes a slightly more puzzling anomaly. But I've yet to see one convincing example that would scream UFO. I'll believe it when I see it myself, or it's confirmed by the masses, otherwise it seems pretty pointless; because even if you see something resembling a flying disc far away in the sky, what good does it do to know so? Nobody else will take what you say seriously anyway, and knowledge of it won't change a single thing regarding the way you live.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join