It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing in Russian Skies (photos) - January, 20 2011

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Those are awesome pics. My thoughts on the matter is that it appears to be to huge to be a missile. Not rocket scientist, also that last picture looks pretty similar to others just different parts of the day. thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

FYI, this is what a rocket looks like:

L00K pretty pictures WOW!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Please Google, different rockets and how altitude and relative humidity affects a jet contrail. Or in this case a rocket contrail. There is not just one sort of rocket or contrail. Is every rocket launch supposed to look like that?...Please do some research before you make yourself look silly again....sigh
edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: goole to google

edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling again

edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This happened in Siberia right, looks like its near some sort of river, most likely the Ob river which runs through Siberia, so I would say its Anastasia (from the ringing cedars of russisa series) up to something in her neck of the woods.. She might be sending some energy bursts somewhere or other, or maybe counter-acting the dark-sides attack or something...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think that the statement about it looking like an aurora borealis is true. It does look like a solar flare you would see in Alaska.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I read this entire thread up to the end and have seen many varying opinions. I won't disagree with any of them, every person seems to have something valid to back up their idea with. Thumbs up to everybody who said HAARP, that was also my initial reaction (or some form of magnetosphere test)... Since the world weather has been so out of balance lately it also would not surprise me if this was a natural occurrence caused by active solar weather...

As for everyone who said missile and showed other missile photo's, I only have one question... Since when does the military launch such potentially dangerous rockets (yes, all rocket launches have the potential to fail and cause disasters) over a populated area?

On the other hand, I have read briefly regarding the USA's Project CARE (I believe that is what it is called, forgive me if I am wrong) where they are admitting to dispersing "stuff" into the upper atmosphere via rockets. (The reasoning behind this... I couldn't tell you...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
As for everyone who said missile and showed other missile photo's, I only have one question... Since when does the military launch such potentially dangerous rockets (yes, all rocket launches have the potential to fail and cause disasters) over a populated area?

www.fas.org...

Unlike many space launch facilities in the World, both Baikonur and Plesetsk are not directly situated on or near a coast. Consequently, the lower, sub-orbital stages of USSR/CIS boosters normally fall back on former Soviet territory. This situation limits the permissible launch azimuths to avoid impacts near populated or foreign regions, e.g., due east launches (the most advantageous) from Baikonur are forbidden since lower rocket stages would fall on Chinese territory. For those launch corridors which are used, tens othousands of tons of spent boosters, many with toxic residual propellants still on board, now litter the countryside. Steps are underway around both Baikonur and Plesetsk to mitigate the situation, but the problem remains monumental.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Beautiful pics there Human_Alien

Can't be a missile because they leave a twirly whirly spiral ....

S+F

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

www.fas.org...

Unlike many space launch facilities in the World, both Baikonur and Plesetsk are not directly situated on or near a coast. Consequently, the lower, sub-orbital stages of USSR/CIS boosters normally fall back on former Soviet territory. This situation limits the permissible launch azimuths to avoid impacts near populated or foreign regions, e.g., due east launches (the most advantageous) from Baikonur are forbidden since lower rocket stages would fall on Chinese territory. For those launch corridors which are used, tens othousands of tons of spent boosters, many with toxic residual propellants still on board, now litter the countryside. Steps are underway around both Baikonur and Plesetsk to mitigate the situation, but the problem remains monumental.

Once again. Star for you. I have been following this thread also. Thank you for that information.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Are you trying to tell me what a rocket is? You're discrediting facts?

These are rockets, launched at night, from the Baikanur Cosmodrome. This is recorded fact. The Russians see this all the time.

Perhaps you do not realize that rockets fired into a polar night create a large field of pretty colours caused by frozen (solid) particles dispersing into the polar air, just like auroura borealis (which is also present in the original photo).

What do you think the above photo is of? It is a rocket and you can clearly see the detachment of booster rockets. If you look at all four photos, you can see the booster rocket falling back to Earth.

Or maybe this is just an alien mothership dropping off a couple of flying saucers to implant some anal probes into unlucky Russians

TheSparrowSings-

1) These are space launch vehicles, AKA rockets. These aren't missiles. Missiles are things you attack people with.

2) They've launched them over cities since Baikanur opened up for business in the 50s. Rockets don't go straight up, they launch and fly at an angle to match Earth's orbit. Russian rockets fired from Baikanur can probably cross all of Russia before they get to space (I'm not an expert on space launch trajectory though).
edit on 24-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

That has got to be it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Great pictures,thanks.
Just seems like some missles to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

1) These are space launch vehicles, AKA rockets. These aren't missiles. Missiles are things you attack people with.

2) They've launched them over cities since Baikanur opened up for business in the 50s. Rockets don't go straight up, they launch and fly at an angle to match Earth's orbit. Russian rockets fired from Baikanur can probably cross all of Russia before they get to space (I'm not an expert on space launch trajectory though).

Star for you. Thanks for the good info.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nice comet

edit
rocket
edit on 25-1-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

hear on a u tube video today that this is an example of cloud seeding - aluminum magnesium or some such weather sprouting system ...

Also saw another video --- can you tell where im getting my info - this video surmised that when the ships bend space time it creates a portal similar to this in which to travel. Go check bob lazar for space time bending physics demonstration and theory
or go check government for a bunch of feeble explanations about cloud seeding.

Also as a sidenote ---
circular ice formations .. found in rivers anyone see that yet ... will put up a link if anyone is interested
you will have to type in the u tube -- supernatural ice circles

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Please Google, different rockets and how altitude and relative humidity affects a jet contrail. Or in this case a rocket contrail. There is not just one sort of rocket or contrail. Is every rocket launch supposed to look like that?...Please do some research before you make yourself look silly again....sigh
edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: goole to google

edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling again

edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

Please Google: sarcasm.

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Are you trying to tell me what a rocket is? You're discrediting facts?

These are rockets, launched at night, from the Baikanur Cosmodrome. This is recorded fact. The Russians see this all the time.

Perhaps you do not realize that rockets fired into a polar night create a large field of pretty colours caused by frozen (solid) particles dispersing into the polar air, just like auroura borealis (which is also present in the original photo).

What do you think the above photo is of? It is a rocket and you can clearly see the detachment of booster rockets. If you look at all four photos, you can see the booster rocket falling back to Earth.

Or maybe this is just an alien mothership dropping off a couple of flying saucers to implant some anal probes into unlucky Russians

TheSparrowSings-

edit on 24-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Ah, didn't realize that, I figured the effect might have been caused by it's velocity. Russians seem to have always had an affinity for speed when it comes to missiles. Do you have any video links of these night launches?

1) Video means a constantly running series of images used to emulate real life.

2) Ballistic missiles don't go straight up either after they exit the lower, more dense portion of the atmosphere, just like transport rockets; however their trajectory changes to reflect their target instead of Earth's rotation. Just for the sake of argument, is there anything to say that you couldn't pack a warhead into a rocket meant for transporting cargo/astronauts? It wasn't meant for that, but sounds like it could make for a nasty surprise attack.

3) I never suggested it was an alien mothership on a mission to violate Russians.
edit on 25-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

G-Nite All.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I appologize for reading the post wrong.. I will look more closely in the future.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ah, didn't realize that, I figured the effect might have been caused by it's velocity. Russians seem to have always had an affinity for speed when it comes to missiles. Do you have any video links of these night launches?

1) Video means a constantly running series of images used to emulate real life.

2) Ballistic missiles don't go straight up either after they exit the lower, more dense portion of the atmosphere, just like transport rockets; however their trajectory changes to reflect their target instead of Earth's rotation. Just for the sake of argument, is there anything to say that you couldn't pack a warhead into a rocket meant for transporting cargo/astronauts? It wasn't meant for that, but sounds like it could make for a nasty surprise attack.

3) I never suggested it was an alien mothership on a mission to violate Russians.

I'm not really sure how this has turned into a discussion about Russians turning their space rockets into weapons...

Not like it really matters anyways. Russia has the largest and most diverse ballistic missile and space rocket fleet in the world. They wouldn't need to modify space rockets into ballistic missiles because the Russians already have much more effective ICBMs designed for this purpose.

If it's any consolation, the Russians have modified some of their older ICBMs, like the SS-18 Satan, to launch satellites into space.

If you really look at the difference between Russian ICBMs and space rockets, I would have to say that their missiles appear much more advanced simply because they don't even need external boosters to get them into space. It's almost sad to think that humans have mastered ways to kill ourselves off while we could be using the same tech for expansion of our species...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The pictures are absolutely beautiful but it is a missile, specifically the Zenit-3SLBF. It was used to deliver a new weather satellite called the Elektro L.

Here is a source.
edit on 26/1/11 by Soshh because: Added a source.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join