It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of us that at least think its credible that we are being visited by ET. We are all off our

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Dear Pimander

Well I know what I saw it was not spectacular but it is difficult too explain away.

So I know I am not lying about it so I guess most of the other who in many cases are gaining nothing but a pain in the Ass are not lying either.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Dear HomeBrew

All good points with well thought out reasoning.

For me there is way to much really good info suggesting otherwise or I would not be here.

If all these folk are delusional then we have a real problem with our sight of our reality.

This to me is more worrying than ET.

I would also suggest that the authorities would also be very worried about such flaky people.

Sorry there is just too much credible stuff from people who only gain to lose.

For me that is.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

"DISINFO" that is the killer of this topic for the skeptical ones.
Whether they are the people that post the hoaxes and putting in "False" information, it is the rule of thumb to persuade followers to their side of such incidents.
If the Government would of never been involved with Roswell or any know organization such as MJ-12 or Blue-book sort of rhetorical groups, we would have a fuller understanding of what the truths are.
I for one am a full believer in these events, I have had more than one sighting thus far in my life, and I always have my eye to the sky, and I should add "A TRUE understanding of our upgrading to our aviation technologies" which in itself, allows me to know when too and when not to be "Delusional" with these events.
Hoaxer's only support the skeptics, and skeptics use the hoaxer's as an avenue of "I told you so" kind of evidences. While the hoaxer and the skeptic have each other to become allies with Governmental cover ups, we, as the actual witnesses are kicked to the road side as nothing more than sheer lunatics and are never taken seriously.
Nothing short of them landing on the WH lawn would convince them people other wise...As been shown to the present.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Dear corsair00

On the subject of hoaxes the management here did an excellent job of uncovering some nitwit who claimed to have been a witness at Roswell this week. Three cheers to them for that.

The work done by TPTB as far disinfo has been remarkable, work to a treat. You would think it was Gering himself behind it, woups it just might be.

However if you stand back just a little and examine this you might come to the conclusion that they are doing this because there really is something to hide.

Which brings me right back to the first question I asked all those years ago WHY????????????

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Dear Allred5923

"DISINFO" yes it make a certain amount of proof in that is some cares enough to product it.

There is loads of evidence but not enough proof to bake the cake.

They control the MSM which allows the main stream people to keep their heads well and truly buried in the sand.

There is an impressive list of famous people who believe we are not all crackpots.

Those guys who keep the truth hidden do a real good job.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Why?

I think the most answers to these questions lie in the work of Jacques Vallee. I am not sure why so many UFO types are not familiar with his work. He is on the cutting edge of science and the investigations of the occult and the UFO phenomena. He has uncovered covert operations as well as genuine UFO sightings and contact cases.

There are many convoluted situations involved. But mainly this UFO enigma is so complex that the so-called "Powers That Be" are desperate to try to figure it all out. However, a lot of evidence points to this phenomenon being connected to the collective unconscious of the human species and the planet itself - which makes it even more bizarre and mysterious than if it were simply physical nuts-and-bolts ships and people from other planets. I think it is far more complicated than that. I suspect time travel and alternate time lines and dimensions being involved as well- an intelligence that has evolved past three-dimensional existence (i.e. US from the future). And a lot of evidence suggests that consciousness itself transcends space and time and can exist and interact in higher dimensions. Therein lies the connection to evolution and human consciousness and religious prophecy and anomalies in the sky and all the rest of it.

The control groups want to use the power of this mystery to influence power politics and belief systems on this planet - and have been doing so behind the scenes for decades. The ultimate plan could be a staged event that will utilize "alien" craft - the long suppressed anti-gravity technology - and to unite the planet under a sort of alien intervention or dictatorship. It is possible that malevolent ideas are at play - which could include selective depopulation plans, similar to those of the Nazi/eugenics ideology. But there is also a possibility that a sort of Cosmic Migration will also accompany the final contact or disclosure phase - where select people, the ones who will be able to evolve and adapt to the turbulent technological evolution that is underway now - contactees or people with higher states of consciousness and integrity - will be taken off the planet and relocated to another place for awhile, or permanently, while Earth is rejuvenated and detoxified.

Those on the planet who are not aligned with a positive process of evolution will find their lives and those of their loved ones heading into a very destructive downward spiral. Ever seen the movie "A Serious Man"? That's what will be happening to the maladapted. Most unfortunate. It is all Fight or Flight stress responses from here on out - or higher states of consciousness and a calm and centered state of mind able to adapt to the acceleration process that will end with the UFO contact/disclosure/False Flag.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Dear corsair00

Well thanks for that I think, boy I hate it when these things shoot off into the spiritual and alike.

Well that is certainly a reason to keep it hidden for us mere mortals.

According to a documentary I watch call Science of the Soul even the boffins don’t actually know what consciousness is.

So indeed there may be something to this, but for me I am like a monkey I like to smell it touch it and bit it then I pretty much know it is real, especially when it yelps with pain.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Thats because it's not a scientists place to speak out on belief, it's there place to be subjective and objective, presenting fact backed up with hard data. At the very lease, theory with heavily weighted evidence. I would be willing to bet any scientist worth his weight in salt that had actual proof of such things would come forth regardless of the type of attention they may get, simply because it was the truth, it was tangable science. Of course there will always be thoes who would be silenced, weither it be by force or choice, but not all... The total lack of anything resembling actual scientific evidence of Aliens is why scientists have not come forth as of yet. Mind you, this is not to say it's fiction, but rather it has no bearing in scientific measures yet.

In reality, many scientists do speak on beliefs. Stephen Hawkings believes we should not try to contact E.T. Richard Dawkins believes in atheism etc. They may be right but they are preaching nonetheless. Scientists new viewed by many as the new priesthood.

Don't be so sure there is no evidence of aliens. It is simply not public domain. Scientists with access to such information work under a shroud of secrecy. Of course I have no proof of that...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yes. It is a startling and paradigm-changing notion - the idea of mind over matter. It isn't in any way religious or airy-fairy necessarily. Not once we can get good official quantum physics language and mathematics and ways to measure it and explain it etc etc. That's not to say there aren't thousands of people that have already worked on this and shared it.

For example: Dr. William Tiller and his new book "Psychoenergetic Science"

The fourth book in Dr. Tiller s remarkable psychoenergetic science series is an integrator of the first three in much simpler language and with practically no mathematical equations. It has been written for the intellectual level of an undergraduate college student. Here, he shows why and how both (1) today s quantum mechanics must be expanded to include human consciousness as a significant experimental variable in today s physics and (2) expansion of our reference frame for viewing nature s manifold expressions in domains other than spacetime are required by us to seriously integrate human consciousness into a new paradigm. His earlier work has revealed a second, unique level of physical reality which can be integrated with the first, our normal electric atom/molecule level, via the proper use of human consciousness to condition normal space to a higher electromagnetic symmetry state. In this coupled system, human intentions can significantly modulate material properties as detected instrumentally. The newer work reveals a detector system that provides continuous measurement of conditioned spaces to show a quantitative measure of the excess energy of such a space compared to our normal reality. In addition, this work has shown that the human acupuncture meridian/chakra system is at this higher symmetry state in an overall body which is not. Thus, directed and focused intentions by individual humans diligently working on themselves can transform them into higher states of beingness. Finally, in Chapter 8, Dr. Tiller shows us why these psychoenergetic science applications will usher into our world revolutionary changes of at least Copernican-scale magnitude!

About the Author

Dr. Tiller is a professor emeritus from Stanford University and world recognized authority in the field of material sciences. In his past few years he has developed a metaphysical approach to the structure of the universe and has derived equations that complement the equations of quantum mechanics.

I am sorry to announce that the old materialistic and atheist worldview is dead. God Is Dead was a pronouncement of nihilism from the 19th Century. I must alert people to the fact that we are now living in the 21st Century.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

In my opinion science and spiritualism should be always as far from eachother as they can get. Spiritualism has no place in scientific endevour, wether it be the search for extra terrestrial life, or the hunt for the Higgs Boson.
Similarly , science should have nothing to do with what the vicar says on sunday, and in my veiw cannot prove or disprove the existance of a being which created existance itself.
Science should be about only presenting as fact, that which can be proven by scientific means. Anyone therefore like Steven Greer, who frankly is nothing more than a well toned hippy, who meditates with more skill than he wields test tubes and computer modeling software, is in my opinion nothing more than a fraud and a fool for getting those two mixed up. He prattles about things that cannot be proven , a trait he shares with a man named Alex Collier, who should also be pushed down a waterslide made of sandpaper. That guy has never spoken a word of truth in his entire carreer, going on about " holographic" government and society and claiming to have heard it all in some spirit walk like state. What? Are you kidding me? The thing that drives me particularly barmy about this utter scumbag, is that people believe his BS. They are more likely to believe his BS than they are to believe that gravity is responsible for our continued presence on the Earth, and that the Sun is basicaly a massive thermonuclear chain reaction that has been going for billions of years and has billions more in it.
To my mind, the world would be a better place, if everyone who allowed meditation into the affairs of a laboratory was summarily picked up by the face, and beaten back of head first against solid masonry until all the stupid falls out and scurries away to find a different victim.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Dear MAC269

It's an interesting point you make here and the answers of the rest of the posters are also interesting.

Why do they keep hiding?
If they are hostile and their intention is to enslave us(if they haven't already) they propably work secretely in order to achieve their goal.No use in everyone know that they are here.
If they are friendly they wait until we evolve enough,because we are just talking apes with fancy toys.Maybe there are few among us that have the luck to meet them either by choise or accident,but who would believe them?I mean if they don't want to reveal their existence yet,of course they wouldn't give any physical evidence to the contactee.

As for the humans who propably know the secret and don't say.Let me remind you that knowledge is power and as all humans they don't want to share.
Some insiders that talk,they are being ridiculed.They have created a conspiracy within the conspiracy.Would you believe anymore,anyone coming out with a new story?The truth is that the first thing that comes to mind is he/she is a hoaxer.Then he/she will be upgraded to a delusional.And finally we would reject the story.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

TrueBrit

Mood: Unbalanced.

Ah - a TrueBrit. Still living in the Age of Enlightenment of the 18th Century. You are most certainly showcasing the typical attitude of a nihilistic atheist - even going a few steps further by revealing thoughts of harm and violence to people you believe are stupid. You are so caught up in the idea of "spiritual" thinking being irrational and childish that you have succumbed to complete arrogance and apathy. I pity you for your limited worldview and pessimistic personality.

p.s. Are you on any Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor medications? Be very careful with those and don't just stop taking them if you have been on them for awhile. If you are a victim of psychiatric medication, you should try to ween off them and detox your body.
edit on 21-1-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

they have blabbed
HELLO!!!
buzz aldrin,ronald reagan,cooper,and abunch of others!

hell even armstrong gave us a clue!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00

TrueBrit

Mood: Unbalanced.

Ah - a TrueBrit. Still living in the Age of Enlightenment of the 18th Century. You are most certainly showcasing the typical attitude of a nihilistic atheist - even going a few steps further by revealing thoughts of harm and violence to people you believe are stupid. You are so caught up in the idea of "spiritual" thinking being irrational and childish that you have succumbed to complete arrogance and apathy. I pity you for your limited worldview and pessimistic personality.

Interesting. I have a healthy respect for the spirit sir, but I believe it has no place in the search for life outside our planet. Personaly I believe in Jesus, and God as far as my faith goes, but I refuse to allow that belief to alter my ability to be objective and observe fact for what it is. Its called rational thinking, logic, and an understanding that proof cannot be obtained by obscure methods known only to a rare few swamis and dabblers in the occult. I do not think that sprititual thinking is irrational, I merely believe it has no place in the laboratory, and to connect science and belief is a fools errand.

p.s. Are you on any Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor medications? Be very careful with those and don't just stop taking them if you have been on them for awhile. If you are a victim of psychiatric medication, you should try to ween off them and detox your body.
edit on 21-1-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

No , I am not, nor ever have been on any form of medication related to my mental state, nor have any medications I have taken for unrelated ailments in the past, ever been known to cause defect or dysfunctions of the mind. I have a healthy interest in fine ales, and rum, but not to the point where my interest in those most glorious products has affected my day to day life, drinking as I do only one or two bottles of beer a week, and only partaking of rum on special occasions.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by MAC269

Dear MAC269

It's an interesting point you make here and the answers of the rest of the posters are also interesting.

Why do they keep hiding?
If they are hostile and their intention is to enslave us(if they haven't already) they propably work secretely in order to achieve their goal.No use in everyone know that they are here.
If they are friendly they wait until we evolve enough,because we are just talking apes with fancy toys.Maybe there are few among us that have the luck to meet them either by choise or accident,but who would believe them?I mean if they don't want to reveal their existence yet,of course they wouldn't give any physical evidence to the contactee.

As for the humans who propably know the secret and don't say.Let me remind you that knowledge is power and as all humans they don't want to share.
Some insiders that talk,they are being ridiculed.They have created a conspiracy within the conspiracy.Would you believe anymore,anyone coming out with a new story?The truth is that the first thing that comes to mind is he/she is a hoaxer.Then he/she will be upgraded to a delusional.And finally we would reject the story.

i agree whole heartedly with this entire post!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

TrueBrit

People like Greer are leading people astray. new age beliefs and practices, occultism and atheism all open the doors to experiences with UFOs and abductions, and this has been testified, as is the ability to stop them on the name and authority of Jesus Christ (see CE4 Research Group). we've been socially engineered to embrace alternate belief systems (or psychic states if you like) than the Gospel and be thought-reconditioned by the entities, and I can see some of that conditioning on this thread. the question is 'are we all bonkers what the hell is going on' and the advice of the people like Greer only makes it worse, to recieve torture as a blessing spoken in effeminate whispers.....just as the quantum laws of the universe only harmonize in the higher dimensions much the same as one gets a better view of the city from on a high hill (Kaku), so this whole phenomenon becomes, painfully, diabolically clear when you know your Bible...consider the connection between the Illuminist spirituality of the political elite with it's Egptian and Babylonian symbolism, the picture that Aleister Crowley drew of his spirit-guide Lam in 1918, and verses like Ephesians 2:2 "'And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience" and the 6:12 "'For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" and a thousand other verses in Scripture.... we don't have time to keep feeding ourselves on milk here, people need to wake up YESTERDAY and see this for what it is, or they are lunch, plain and simple.
btw I won't go into the subject of the Vatican, but they WILL have a hand in the deception. if this post pisses anyone off, then good, just use your empircal faculties that you esteem so highly and investigate it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Okay - so then I misinterpreted your original remarks as being from an irritated atheist, scoffing at the idiotic idea of there being more than just abstract belief behind the idea of the spirit. You're a Christian - that helps me understand the situation better. The battle between rational and materialistic science, Christianity and the New Age ideas espoused by people like Steven Greer et al. is indeed a very interesting one. All sides are coming at it from a totally different point of view. All sides cling to a type of dogma or baseline - such as Puja. Greer's mistake in trying to understand the UFO phenomenon by preaching a type of old Eastern religion involving rituals and meditations has certainly alienated many different types of people. The New Age, to my mind, should try to unite ALL spiritual disciplines and religious thought from all walks of life and of all times in human history - in combination with the revolutionary breakthroughs in quantum physics.

However, any group that is clinging to an old way of life and seeing the world will not be able to budge one nanometer from their position. It's a very difficult thing to do without a change of mind. It is only through direct experience of higher states of consciousness, or an actual UFO sighting etc, where you can understand for yourself the larger reality that transcends religious or scientific dogma. It is not an abstraction or an ideology - it is an experience. And for those that are trying to find scientific ways of understanding the spirit, or consciousness, I commend them and do not feel in the slightest that it is a fool's errand. If your thoughts on the spirit are nothing more than an ambiguous abstraction - just a belief - than you cannot understand the idea of consciousness or the spirit being a field of deployed energy that can co-exist within the body and outside at the same time. If you believe that prayer works, for example, does that not imply an actual transference of a type of energy? Or even negative thoughts or black magic etc etc. You are already able to understand scientific thinking now in combination with your Christian beliefs, so why not go one step further and try to understand a science that could explain how the mind or spirit really works?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Dear corsair00

I too watch with a great deal of interest any documentary containing the near death experience and anything to do with the idea that as a human we may be able to leave our bodies at such a time.

Does that have anything to do with these things that are flying around in our sky’s and what the Boffins know about the subject I am not sure.

This is the trouble I have with the likes of Greer & John Leer to name just two. They talk & they talk and go along way towards providing an explanation of this subject and then disappear off into the spiritual. Which frankly I do not understand and I don’t think most of them do either.

As with all things it needs study most likely a lot more than it is getting but I feel as a talking monkey these think don’t have to mix.

If these tings are nuts & bolt real tangible objects which indeed they seam to be then we have to take notice of them here in this realm. If they are of spiritual essence then we can leave it until we are dead and worry about it then.

Then naturally the question comes are they both, and for sure that is where you have me but I want to concentrate on the nuts and bolts.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Dear TrueBrit

Yes me too let us worry about the physical while we are here on this physical plane and worry about the spiritual in the after life if there is one.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Dear Phantom traveller

You ask why they keep hiding????

I believe if they where hostile we would simply be dust long before today, and that would not be one of our Hollywood epics just a virus where we all wake up on the spiritual plane.

If all this is real they obviously have a great interest in us that is just about a given. My bet is they have done this before as Micho Kaku says they have gone through all the steps of civilization from 0 to 4 I thing he says and that they see something in us that may well end as them a long time in the future.

So it would seam that they are waiting to see if we make it from 0 to 1 without destroying ourselves before contact in full so to speak.

Anyway that is my bet and my reasoning behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join