It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of us that at least think its credible that we are being visited by ET. We are all off our

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
There is no way a secret that BIG could be held by that many people, without one of them blabbing.

Lots of alleged insiders have 'blabbed'. Then they are harassed and pressurised into doing/saying something strange so we all think they are mad. Or they are lied about and we all assume they are liars or frauds. Or... Or

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
you forgot to add all the amateur astronomers that have telescopes that watch the sky night in and night out... They all have to be in on it too

Do a survey. How many people have never seen anything they cannot explain?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
As for UFOs shutting down nuclear weapons silos and 120+ former military personnel attesting to this? Absolutely! I believe them 100%.

They could all be lying... Couldn't they? Or maybe deceived?

It could be true...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It is my opinion/guess that 99.999% of all who claim to have been visited/abducted or otherwise approached by beings of alien origin are either delusional or simply attention whores. And in the very rare case where someone is actually expierenceg such things based in reality and not a altered state of such, I find it much more likely that they are actually dealing with interdimentional beings or a future time traviling counter part.

After 20+ years of studying this perticular field, my personal findings are that although Alien contact in the form of beings from another part of our universe is not impossible, it's simply highly improbable. And for our tiny speck of dust we call earth floating around in a galactic sized whirl of matter to garner such attention from anything outside of our relative immediate location is much less plausable than a future incarnation of us traveling back in time under the guise of 'aliens' or interdimantional beings basicly sharing the same frame of space.

So I guess my real response is yes, most are off there rocker. A good many more are simply attention whores, and the very small percentage left are misguided albiet true expierencers of 'something'. It's my belief, thats shared by many, that true 'alien' contact would most likely be a devistatingly negative impact.
edit on 20-1-2011 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
First let me say thank you all there are some really good answers there and I will get to individual answers as soon as I can.

So in conclusion to why by on large the Boffins stay stum.

Ridicule and basic lose of face with their colleges.

Security like you would not believe.

No proof that they can get out and holed in the hands for the TV.

All agreed many know way more than they can say but just can not speak out for very good down to earth reasons.

Which brings me back to the question I had that started me off on this site all those years ago now.

Why the secret in the first place.

This is costing a fortune, certainly a fortune that I would swap my bank account for in the blink of an eye.

There is good evidence to suggest that they have killed innocent people to keep the secret. Which indeed could be a good reason too continue the secret in and of its self.

Back in the late 40’s it was the cold war ok that is accepted. But do we really accept that the Red’s did not know what the US had and vice versa. To me, that dog just don’t hunt.

It seams to me that the secret is kept from us the public and us alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
People don't want to lose their reputations or credibility. I feel that the government in the late 1940's and/or early 1950's decided to wage a campaign to discredit UFO reports and witnesses. This initial program set in motion a sequence of events that has made it virtually impossible to approach this phenomena without being ridiculed.
(snip)
So some scientists/officials will talk about UFOs but only privately.
(snip)
And there're also many scientists/officials who're part of the ridiculing and discrediting crowd. Birds of a feather flock together. I think this phrase applies aptly to how this works. It's almost like self-organization.
(snip)
And another thing... Even non-scientists and non-officials but people who happen to be famous for some reason will also keep quiet.
(snip)
And I know from my own research when I was younger that sightings are very common among random people you pick off the street.

johnnywhite has made an important point here. I know from experience how many scientists are silent about it.

It is well known among certain scientists that there is the credible stuff in this topic. However, the subject is so awash with disinformation and garbage that it is dangerous for your career to be associated with it. Most scientists who have looked at this in depth will not admit publicly what they really believe.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by jonnywhite
People don't want to lose their reputations or credibility. I feel that the government in the late 1940's and/or early 1950's decided to wage a campaign to discredit UFO reports and witnesses. This initial program set in motion a sequence of events that has made it virtually impossible to approach this phenomena without being ridiculed.
(snip)
So some scientists/officials will talk about UFOs but only privately.
(snip)
And there're also many scientists/officials who're part of the ridiculing and discrediting crowd. Birds of a feather flock together. I think this phrase applies aptly to how this works. It's almost like self-organization.
(snip)
And another thing... Even non-scientists and non-officials but people who happen to be famous for some reason will also keep quiet.
(snip)
And I know from my own research when I was younger that sightings are very common among random people you pick off the street.

johnnywhite has made an important point here. I know from experience how many scientists are silent about it.

It is well known among certain scientists that there is the credible stuff in this topic. However, the subject is so awash with disinformation and garbage that it is dangerous for your career to be associated with it. Most scientists who have looked at this in depth will not admit publicly what they really believe.

Thats because it's not a scientists place to speak out on belief, it's there place to be subjective and objective, presenting fact backed up with hard data. At the very lease, theory with heavily weighted evidence. I would be willing to bet any scientist worth his weight in salt that had actual proof of such things would come forth regardless of the type of attention they may get, simply because it was the truth, it was tangable science. Of course there will always be thoes who would be silenced, weither it be by force or choice, but not all... The total lack of anything resembling actual scientific evidence of Aliens is why scientists have not come forth as of yet. Mind you, this is not to say it's fiction, but rather it has no bearing in scientific measures yet.
edit on 20-1-2011 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Dear curious7

Other here claim that not even the likes of Hawking would want to go down as a crackpot.

This is certainly possible and he has stood up and said that he thinks is a real bad idea for us to send messages out into the cosmos for fear of who or what will receive it.

It is my guess that a person in his position actually knows what is out there. Simply because of whom he is and who he gets to rub shoulders with so to speak.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Dear jonnywhite

From jonnywhite “It doesn't have to be kept secret”

The problem with that is I think, at least they think it dose.

You make all good points and they are well credible, simple pier-pressure alone will solve a lot of the problem for the secret keepers.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
First of all, I think there is an elite multinational group of industrialists and scientists and others who are in control of the UFO problem. There is an advanced science to explain so-called paranormal phenomena such as UFO propulsion and free energy devices. Many people have desperately tried to share this information with the public - Lt. Col. Tom Bearden, John Bedini, Dr. Ted Loder etc etc - but the present materialistic paradigm of Science needs to be radically revamped to include the larger picture and more advanced physics. There are too many vested interests in keeping the old paradigm running - largely because of incoming funds and grants and the oil and petrol based economy. Certainly not all scientists are in the loop. Finally there has been one big-named scientist to go on the record and support the UFO evidence accumulated in Leslie Kean's new book - Dr. Michio Kaku. But for the past several decades a smug attitude towards the paranormal has reigned within the closed minds of most scientists.

Here is an interesting excerpt from the novel "Strategem" by Jacques Vallee:

I felt discouraged after reading several books I had collected about the UFO phenomenon. I shared my impressions with Mark, to get his mind on other topics.

"No useful information in all that," I said in summary. "Most of the writers mean well, but they have a personal agenda. They select the cases they find convenient, even if they have to bend what the witnesses are saying. You find visionaries, conspiracy theorists, false prophets. The worst of the bunch are the skeptics, who view themselves as rationalists -- though they've never bothered going into the field. The charlatans are bad enough, but they pale in comparison to the pontificating academics -- who think that they're protecting us from magical thinking."

"When the scientific establishment forgets its role is to serve the public, it turns into one huge hypocritical enterprise," Mark observed.

"When it comes to UFOs, scientists are sneeringly insincere, even the most recognized authorities. From your local astronomer to the Academy of Sciences, they try to get rid of the problem by heaping ridicule on the witnesses. Then there's the media, interested only in its entertainment value, from extraterrestrial autopsies to abduction by reptoids, and even testimony from fake secret agents filmed in the dark, who claim to have brushed elbows with horrible humanoids in underground bases..."

"Fake documentaries always sell better than factual reports," said Mark. "Every journalist knows that."

"The subject is shrouded in so many lies and myths that a secret group could indeed remain undetected for a long time, as Lewis claims."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesMayorOfJerusalem

Dear JamesMayorOfJerusalem

Thanks for leaving out the Religious side of this phenomenon.

Yes abduction is a whole other ball game.

Common logic suggests 1 of 2 things.

Either there are way too many people out there with what I would consider quite serious sociological problems or there is something too it in many but for sure not all cases.

In and of its self you would think that with amount of people having a sociological problem like this that the authorities would be doing some very serious investigation into this whole thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Dear jonnywhite

Yes on the subject of the discussion of UFO’s ET etc, I very much tend to keep quiet myself.

People are either into it or strictly out of it as far as I can see. Some of the ones who are out of it show signs of fear. They just don’t want to even think about it. Therefore dismiss the subject out of hand.

Ostrage syndrome in my opinion. What really matters is who won the football game to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

Dear Little_Kona

Yes who they are and what they want is another topic.

What I am trying to get to here is are the Boffins hiding what they know and if so why. Or are we just nuts????????

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Dear franspeakfree

Yes Galileo Galilei had trouble with that some time ago now.

He thought the church was wrong but guess what he was right.

Would you believe it Hum?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Dear TrueBrit

So we have now gone into the ridicule and the security involved in why the Boffins keep stum. Agreed and welcomed.

But I wonder just how much they know.

Some one suggest that it will not be long before it is all reveled but I say this it will not be reviled unless very much forced by the US PTB.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Dear yeti101

So it is like being in LOVE altered brain chemistry or chemical in balance.

Gee wiss and some of these guys are looking after H bombs.

You think ET is to be feared well that one has me running for the hills.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Dear Gazrok

All very good points there thanks for joining in.

They didn’t do a very good job selecting Bob Lazar did they. Not like them to fall down on the job so badly.

Some of the stuff on his has me going just like you say who is it that is lying??

But we no for sure that TPTB lie all the time about everything so it make you wonder???

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Dear stirling

Yes too the fallen hero’s anybody hazarded a guess as to how many have died in order that this remains a secret.

This is my whole point, this can not just be consider the question of are we alone it has far more too it than that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Dear downunderET

I think that even if someone came up with a piece of the Roswell craft that they could prove was not from around here they would still have a dammed good job of trying to De-bunking it.

I think they will have to land of the white house lawn before it is believed.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

Dear majestic3

That is the point, there is not just the small picture of various credible sightings.

Much more importantly there is a big picture that is being continually obscured that we need to discover.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join