It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Not Able to Sleep Lately?

page: 1are
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Everyone in my house over the past 3 weeks or so can not sleep at all. (Me, Wife, Both Daughters), Ive even been to the store Early in the Morning Like 1am and have noticed my Friends, who say the same thing. Noticed it on Facebook aswell, People Online at weird Hours.

Is this just due to all the stuff going on around the globe?

What if any are other peoples thoughts on this,

Is anyone else seen this lately in there area of the world?????

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My mrs and I aren't sleeping but we put it down to stress

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have always had insomnia - for the past 2 months I have been sleeping like a baby with some pretty weird dreams. So just the opposite for me.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Kind of strange- my roommate and I are having trouble sleeping - I believe it's from too much coffee.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i thought it was stress to at first, But My Youngest Daughter Age 6 Not even aware of World Events, is acting just like us, Also to be Noted i have friends with kids, and they are saying the same thing with their kids.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

When I can't sleep at night (say 1am), I choose a Coast to Coast program from Youtube...it never fails to do the trick...but then, I have been waking up way too early and am not able to fall back to sleep.

I chalk it up to stress, as my husband's been unemploeyed for a while and I really don't make enough alone to pay all the bills...but God provides and we have been getting by.

Hope it gets better for ya!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, where abouts do y'all live?
2nd.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh yes, in my home insomnia has became a big problem! Both myself and my daughter. Though I've always been a bit of a nightowl, this is getting ridiculous. My daughter is constantly complaining about not getting any sleep and how her "schedule" is all messed up.

We've also been getting horrible headaches on a regular basis.

We're in southern Ontario, btw....
edit on 16-1-2011 by Feverindafunkhousenow because: forgot to add location

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes - I've had issues with insomnia before, but the last 3 -4 weeks are really bad. It is literally driving me insane. I have tried the teas, melatonin, nytol sleep aid, liquid vitamin D - all for nothing. None of it works. I made an appointment to see my doctor about getting something to help me sleep because I can't take much more of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My household has been having this problem, and as a matter of fact, my co-workers and I have been talking about it as they too are experiencing the sleeplessness. I for one can't seem to shut my mind down...A million thoughts running in all directions...

CX

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've mentioned this in other posts, hope it might help...

I spent some time with a sleep doctor due to the fact that i have not slept well since leaving the forces 14 years ago. An average night for me would be 3 or 4 hrs of broken sleep. Not ideal.

I was advised to get into a decent sleep hygeine routine. Making sure i was active during the day (sitting on the computer does not count no matter how fast you type).

Try a milky drink at bed, but not anything with caffeine in for obvious reasons.

Turn your tv and computer off at least 30-60 mins before bed, otherwise the brightness of the screens fool the brain into thinking it is daylight still.

Same with the lights, turn the down prior to going to bed.

Try reading in bed, good for tiring you out. If you have a partner....well you know)

Try these first before listening to the many end of the world type reasons that you'll find across the net.

CX.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All 5 of us in the house have had this problem. Cant sleep, headaches, and sinus junk. Its been this way on and off for several months but in the last month its been ridiculous. Also, NOTHING works to help. No melatoniin or other sleep aids work. I was given an RX one.. no joy. The sinus meds are doing NOTHING for any of us and its like an infection gone out of control. Feels like your head is full of rocks and you get nosebleeds. We had the house mold tested.. nope.. nothing of any levels that should do this to us.

There are 5 of us in the house.. hubby, me, 3 girls ages 17, 12, and 5. We live in Il, moved here from another state a few yrs ago. I was thinking it was the weird allergens previously, but as cold as it is right now I dont think we have any allergens around. We're all getting cranky and the hubby is having a devil of a time getting up for work on time. The strange part is that we have 5 dogs.. the dogs are sick ( sneezing and eye mucus) and not sleeping like they used to either.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OH,so it isn't just me and my family,i haven't been able to sleep since the New Year began,i am awake till 4 in th e morning and my grandaughter who is 13 hasn't been sleeping well either,she is up till 2 in the morning and she has to go to school,I've been making myself lay down,but i just can't seem to shut my brain down,it seems like i am waiting for something to happen,don't know what though

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm the only one who's having this problem in my household. It's been about a week or two. My sleep pattern is.. no longer has a pattern. A little stressed, caffeine perhaps, both maybe, I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
been an insomniac since my childhood... however, the past 2 weeks have been miserable. I sleep at around 3-4 am, then wake up at 6am (about)... and either lay n bed half awake/sleep or sleep and have scary nightmares.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have the occasional bout of restless leg syndrome, but now, not only that, I seem to be having restless arm syndrome as well on occasion.
Is it the mattress we put on the bed recently?

For those who don't know, restless limb syndrome feels, well, like sort of like electricity in your joints that feels less annoying when you move that limb(s). No position feels right.
The best thing is to get out of bed and walk around.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Been having some fairly big problem's as it goes!!
Last couple of week's iv'e been waking up too very bad headaches and sickness!

Last night i woke up with such a stomach ache that i had to go outside just in my Boxer's just to cool down and get a clear head, WTF is that! never happend before.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

CitizenAlpha

I never thought I'd post on a thread like this BUT I too have had troublle 'getting to sleep' at anything like a normal time..

Past 2-3 weeks my bedtime has benn around 1am to 2.15am which is stupid as I need to be awake at 6.30am.....

I seem to know I need to go to bed at a certain time BUT do everything not to and extend my waking time , It is a little strange.....

I normally can sleep any-where and everywhere but currently I am struggling !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yes. I've been experiencing similar sleep issues since just before the new year... Others are mentioning related stuff on this thread here on ats -
'MAGNETIC POLE SHIFT MEANS SHIFT IN CONCIOUSNESS?'
I think our frequencies are being disrupted. However, I for one am feeling energised despite the lack of sleep. Feeling motivated and very positive!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not usually a good sleeper. but recently i am sleeping like a baby

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join