It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Not Able to Sleep Lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Insomniac for 30+ years.
I'm giddy if I get 6 hrs a nite.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
oooh. you don't want to know. My sleepless nights for over the last 2 months are horrible!! I cannot sleep, or I just cannot enter my REM sleep or something..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Out of curiosity CitizenAlpha where do you live? Which Country?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Anyone complaining of massive headaches everyday?,my grandchild is also complaining of headaches to,i have them everyday since i haven't been able to sleep,side effect maybe from loss of sleep?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Yeah I wake up at about 3am and lay there going in and out of mystical states of consciousness. It started around the time of the lunar eclipse on the solstice. I had a very profound mystical experience. May I share it with you?

For the past few years or so, I have been experiencing spikes of mystical activity around this time of year and around midsummer. This year is no exception, and this latest mystical experience has me baffled and qu8ickened. I've never heard of anything quite like it.

OK here goes. On December 22nd 2010, I was sleeping a dreamless sleep. The weirdest thing started happening. I began to gain full conscious awareness within the dreamless sleep without waking up. I woke up without actually waking up, if that makes any sense. I was an aware, disembodied, lucid perspective within the blackness of deep sleep. The fabric of the blackness seemed to crackle with electrical energy around the rough edges of my awareness. It was beautiful and exhilarating. The depth was palpable and the silence was deafening.

As I gained lucidity, two bright glowing pulsating strobing blue round Mandalas, or "UFOs", to use modern mythological terms, began to materialize in the blackness. They were comprised of concentric rings of small glowing living blue spheres which flashed or strobed in unison to form different patterns. I was amazed! It was so beautiful and sublime...

I don't know how long I watched in fascination. Eventually, I raised my dream-arm, or phantom arm, or whatever to point to where the Mandalas or UFOs or whatever they were would be, in my field of vision, if I had been awake with my eyes open. I seemed to sense that was what they wanted me to do. I pointed and sent them the thought, "that point in space is where you two would be hovering, from my perspective, if I was awake and standing up. Right there and right there. See? I'm pointing right at you. I am aware."

I also remember a third form, which appeared along with the two Mandalas. It seemed to slowly emerge from the center of the blackness. It was glowing blue and was very hard to make out. I got the impression it was intelligent and powerful and maybe even Holy. I think it was a God or a Goddess or an archetype or something like that. But I couldn't bring the form into focus well enough to make out definite features. It was outlined in the same color as the blue spheres, as a sort of solidified energy. It was like a cloak of space and light in a space-less and light-less dimension of depth and silence. I guess I'll have to play the "ineffable" card. It was aware of me, that much I was sure of.

Then, I'm not sure exactly what happened. They all disappeared and I think I drifted back to a normal dreamless sleep for a while. I don't know how much time passed, but later I had yet another strange dream.

Only this time, it was as if I was dreaming of my bedroom in real-time. I could look around the bedroom with my dream-eyes instead of my real eyes. It was so cool! I was dreaming of it exactly as it was in the waking world, except there was a shadow form in the room. A presence made out of shadow that played a cat-and-mouse game with my awareness. There came a point when the shadow entity was right next to my bed, near my head. Right in my face. I thought, "ah-ha! I have you now!" and I playfully shot my arm out to seize the shadow. There was only air...it disappeared. After that, I drifted back to normal dreamless sleep. I don't remember any further dreams that night.

It was a massive Kundalini awakening. In Hindu terms it was the 4th state of consciousness, "turiya", that I went to. That makes me a "Jivanmukta" or a "Buddha", but a baby one! It took me days to get used to being back in my body...to get "grounded" in other words. During that time I was in a constant altered state of consciousness. I didn't sleep or eat. I was bombarded by visions, epiphanies, synchronicities. It took me days to work the painful kinks out of the Kundalini blockages, and I could only do it by letting my body-wisdom do what it needed to do. The result was spontaneous kriya movements and yoga postures that I didn't know I knew how to do.

The mystical state faded gradually and is now almost gone. But my soul was liberated and elevated. Since then all sorts of odd things have been happening and my sleep pattern is off. I wake at 3am and I meditate on Divine Wisdom.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I`m not sleeping well.
My wife and friends aren`t sleeping well.
Strange that the family and friends who Are sleeping well are all having really weird dreams.
Liverpool, England.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ive been awake for the last twenty something years
Seriously though, no matter what I do I cant seem to fall asleep.Maybe I should start counting sheep.lol

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have had bouts like that. The worst part is when you are tired and you feel tired...and yet you still cannot sleep. If only I could take my head off and set it on the nightstand! Perhaps it is due to stress or thinking too much....too many unresolved questions, disturbances. Sometimes you feel like you just have to have an answer to something that is on your mind before you can sleep. Sometimes the answer does come and that is wonderful and empowering when that happens.

Sleep disturbances can also surface because you "get off schedule"...a change in routine or environment.

In the past I have tried a variety of aids, but never pharmaceuticals! My experiences with Kava kava were baaad dreams. I tried the capsules as well as the tincture, and with both products I had some of the worst nightmares in my life. I also tried valerian root and I always woke up with a bad headache. Chamomile tea did absolutely nothing for me.

What did help me sleep....and I still use it today....is a rice pillow. The rice pillow is a small pillow that will fit in the microwave. You can easily make one yourself. Use 100% cotton cloth or muslin material and you fill it with rice. Throw in some dried rosemary, or dried rose petals....or any dried herb that you like. You can find directions on the internet for measurements or shapes or herb suggestions. You put this in microwave for no more than 3 mins. depending on the size of your pillow. There is something about curling up to the warmth and the seduction of the scent of the herbs that puts me to sleep in about 5 minutes. I am amazed at the magic in this.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had a very weird dream lately, pretty realistic one.. And those headaches!!..,, I have never had a headache that bad before. It was like someone was kicking me on my cerebellum all the time
!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep can`t seem to fall to sleep. Many times I`ve laid down just to get back up and check ATS out to see if something happened. Just to feel the need to lay back down. Many thoughts running till I shut them off. I can think of nothing it seems.
So then I do fall asleep and it has been full of dreams. Real type dreams nothing crazy.

My sister has been complaining of not being able to sleep as well.
I will for sure tell her of this thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My insomnia has been worse than normal. Last night I spent the majority of the in just getting to that in between spot, were you aren't full awake but aren't fully asleep either, only to be jolted wide a wake right was I was about to fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

I live in Seattle Wa. USA

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I got a job which was shiftwork abotu 4 years back as that was all that was avalible. 2 years there, and i no longer have a sleeping pattern.

Just wondering - how many power lines are around you guys experiencing the sleeping problems?

Power lines, those big power box thigngs that convert it to you're house, etc.

EM radiation messes with the brain enough to stop you from getting sleep.

I have a feeling im going to get blasted for this one - but anyone willing to try some orgone ?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

It's because we don't need as much sleep anymore. At least for me sleeping is my return to the higher realms, or the place where I am experimented on, so right now I need not sleep as much anymore but to be awake so that when I die I can say that I lived enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have had trouble sleeping since 2006, but my dr determined mine was due to an over-active thyroid; but for the last 2 months I once more have trouble sleeping, and I believe it is in part to the changes we all are sub-consciously feeling; that " waiting on the shoe to drop" feeling that seems to be affecting a lot of people scattered around the globe.

seeker

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've been sleeping ok, but I've been getting severe migraine headaches ALOT lately. I never get migraines, just the typical headaches once in a while. For those of you who can't sleep, try Melatonian. It's a Natural sleep aide that you won't get addicted to.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Very interesting thread to read because my household as well as a number of other people that I know here in New York have been complaining about the insomnia or markedly greater degree of insomnia that they are experiencing over the course of the last 3 weeks. So much so that it became a point of debate on facebook. One stating it was after-holiday stress (dont believe that) and another guessing it's something in the water (and yes there is but nothing of a stimulant nature from my studies on the subject).

The only thing Im sure of is that the last weeks have been singular. In fact the opening to 2011. An eclipse, dead birds falling from the sky, dead fish, mass animal deaths world wide.

Now theres the report that all of our signs are different. The supposed change n the Zodiac/star alignments.

There's a lot of speculation as to whats going on, HAARP, shifting poles, prophecy etc. but whatever it is, something is definitely happening.
edit on 16-1-2011 by thehotsaucecommittee because: typo!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I stay up late more and more... it's so easy.

This is due to all the energy hitting Earth in preparation for the 'big event'....

All kinds of anomalies will increase...

Even the seasons seem to be blending together.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sleep as I use to know it, doesn't exist any more. But I am adjusting, so not too bad. I kind of like actually having more waking hours to as much of the day as possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I usually struggle with sleep but can control it alright considering I've been holding a 9-5 job for seven years now. But recently other people in my house have been complaining about sleep and some night I just cannot sleep. It's confusing because usually I know myself well enough to be able to tell if it is stress, PMS, caffeine, etc. But recently it's really been bothering me because there is no apparent reason.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join