It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Apparently the same thing happened at the same time in south America . Edit to add I have delved a bit deeper and It may be a red herring the south American bird deaths may have happened a few months back, Maybe some one who can speak Spanish could confirm.

edit on 2-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
well if you throw a stick of dynamite into a fair sized pond say 300 foot across you will stun if not out right kill almost all the fish in the pond its the main reason dynamite fishing is illegal because you would wipe out the population. . so my guess would be firework detonations in a massive flock of blackbirds stunned most and ones not stunned were scared and sdtarted to collide with others causing them to hit the ground that or a deadly gas that is not heavier than air because like was said if it was methane it would have sank to ground level and killed people and other ground animals

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I live in minnesota and own a small farm this post caught my eye becuse back in 2008 i woke up to do my chores and found 32 blackbirds scattered around my farm yard and pastures dead..I thought this to be very odd i called the DNR they came out and took alook at the birds they told me not to touch them..Later in the day a man came out and picked up all the dead birds and said they were being sent to the Uof M for testing ..about 2 weeks later i called the DNR to see if they found out anything there answer was we havent heard anything ..I asked around to some of the other farmers and they said they found a few in there pastures but just buryed them..I was a bit worryed about it becuse of my livestock i raise cattle for a liveing and the cattle graze on the grass in those areas..anyhow after a few days i just didnt think about it anymore and didn't question it ever again ..Then i saw this post so i thought id let everyone know this happened to me not on the large scale they had but it did happen...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I would say that a farmer probably poisoned them. It happens all of the time. The birds come and eat the seeds that the farmers plant. He could be getting an early start this year.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone thought about this happening do to the new madrid fault line ??? Its just very strange 100 miles away we have dead fish in rivers !!! Just an observation this could be linked in some way or form ....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would hope the farmers wern't doing that here or anywere else not onley would the birds suffer but also small animals that dig the fields for corn and soy beans and deer ive seen them digging around in fields..Ive never heard of farmers poisoning there seed to kill the birds off ..but weird thing happen all the time i guess

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the flock of birds came from the direction of the river full of dead fish? Maybe they landed there to drink some water and find something to eat? I'm seeing a lot of weird things with birds lately, like Geese flying North. A friend watched as some Geese dove down on his small pond and found out the hard way it was iced over.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

perhaps the 'signs of trauma' were caused from hitting the ground after they fell ?

two cents, there it is

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

www.abc.net.au

Wildlife officials in the US are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 black birds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sounds like a scene straight out of Flash Florward (if anyone watched that)

edit on 1/2/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: Only ready the first half of Pg1 before I realized someone else siad same thing - sorry

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You forgot to mention the massive 20 mile fish kill in the same area. This is Dated Dec 31.

Experts with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission on Thursday said they suspect that a disease - not a pollutant - killed thousands of drum fish in ...the Arkansas River in Logan County.

Officials described the event as one of the state’s largest fish kills in the past 30 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What a weird world we live in, Could the fish / birds deaths be related ?
Makes a change talking about an actual blackbird on here instead of the SR-71 ! lol

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_Denali
i am no electrician, but we have a few in my family. I was always under the impression you must be grounded to be electrocuted. The current travels through you into the ground, causing electrocution. Isnt that why many high voltage linemen work from helicopters?

When dealing with very high voltage, thousands to billion volts like in lightning, you don't have to be grounded to be hit and electrocuted. Even planes in mid air have been hit and suffered threatening damage from lightning.

However, being grounded will increase your chance of getting hit.

Also birds have a magnetic based navigation system. If you can cause a large area of effect magnetic distortion, you can probably steer them to the ground and kill thousands of them.

Large magnetic distortions/disturbances can occur before a strong earthquake.
edit on 2-1-2011 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I dont think people are seeing this. This could be directly related. Why would such things happen in to totaly diffrent places on earth at the same time? Something big is doing this.

I was having a conversation with relatives recently about the lack of red winged black birds over the years. When I was young and through the years after, we used to have thousands of redwings everywhere you looked. Over the last 10 years, they seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. Every now and then I would see one or two, but nothing like the hundreds and thousands we used to see in Louisiana half the year.

This isnt right. Something vile is happening.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
They have apparently found hundreds of thousands of dead fish in the Arkansas River, its a little over 100 miles from Beebe where the birds were found.

www.kait8.com...

Now this can't be a coincidence. What are the odds that thousands of animals would suddenly die, for no known reason within 100 miles of one another?

If you hear anymore, please keep us informed. This is very disturbing. Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
I'm wondering if the flock of birds came from the direction of the river full of dead fish? Maybe they landed there to drink some water and find something to eat? I'm seeing a lot of weird things with birds lately, like Geese flying North. A friend watched as some Geese dove down on his small pond and found out the hard way it was iced over.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

Wow. You put Colombo to shame. Excellent reasoning and assumption. I just wonder.....................

Any industries near that river? But wait, why wouldn't everything that came in contact with the river die then?
Hmmm, so many questions. So little answers.

I posted this on another thread but, someone here mentioned something about a possible gas leak.
This story is strange and from my home town.

Mysterious green mist in Colonie
By LARRY RULSION Staff Writer
Updated:10:53 p.m., Saturday, December 18, 2010

Read more: www.timesunion.com...

Then, this in Vancouver.

Some water in a river on Vancouver Island has turned neon green, prompting an investigation by B.C. Environment Ministry officials.

Residents living near the Goldstream River west of Victoria notified authorities Wednesday and took pictures of a 400-metre section of the river as it flowed by, looking like anti-freeze.

It's not known what caused the discolouration or if the substance in the river was toxic.

The river runs through Goldstream Provincial Park, known for its annual salmon run and as a home to bald eagles.
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

on the radio last night, the news report said they were blackbirds and one duck...

pocket of deadly gas ? it was pointed out before thata pocket of methane could be responsible for
incidents when flocks of birds suddenly die in flight and the mysterious sinkings of boats in the
'Bermuda' triangle area...

sounds like an answer to me

A pocket of gas OR a chemical sprayed in large quantities above population (hence why they were found)

It's my opinion but with what these planes spray, and a bird obviously at a higher altitude than us, makes me think they flew through a "con-trail/cloud" or more realistically chem-trail.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What does 'Biological' and 'Epidemic' refer to...?....and is this related?
Is this common?
It seems 'common' is the new 'unusual' lately!

01/02/2011 Biological Hazard USA State of Arkansas Beebe

23/12/2010 Epidemic Hazard USA State of Arkansas Hope

Just thought I'd check!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The 2 images you posted are disturbing!! The neon green looks like antifreeze which of course is highly toxic. No updated information on these disturbances?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
IT IS FROM THE BP DISASTER!!!

We here at ATS and other concerned forums KNEW that this was going to happen and probably as soon as this fall early winter when migration was at its peak!!!

HOLD BP ACCOUNTABLE IN YOUR HEARTS, MINDS AND ACTION!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
IT IS FROM THE BP DISASTER!!!

We here at ATS and other concerned forums KNEW that this was going to happen and probably as soon as this fall early winter when migration was at its peak!!!

HOLD BP ACCOUNTABLE IN YOUR HEARTS, MINDS AND ACTION!!!

Could very well be but why now and..... how? How did only 1000 fish and 1000 birds die?
I am not saying it's not possible but how do you think it played out?

I think planet Earth is screwed with a capitol "F" due to the GOM disaster. And I just hope to gawd, this was an accident and not intentional but, that's for another thread, another time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join